Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Transmission Problems

Comments

• faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    d08: Being upside down in a vehicle is more common that you have any idea. The sad fact is financing is not what it was two years ago. Most vehicles financed for more than 48 months are upside down for most of the contract until the last 6 months. Those of us on a 60 or 72 or 84 month contract are stuck for a long time.

The worst thing to do is roll this negative equity into a new loan. High interest is a curse, you get burried in debt that takes nearly a decade to get out of, if you keep the vehicle.

I would suggest you go to the dealership and talk to the General manager. Tell him you need his or her help in getting this PAC's problems taken care of. Ask, but with authority, to get a loner or a demo while your is being fixed. See if this works. Keep us posted.

farout
  • Biggd1999Biggd1999 Member Posts: 19
    I got a little bit of good news this morning.

I called the dealer I bought the car from a week or so ago and explained to my sales guy all the issues I have had with it for the last year (bought last april). Well he called me back this morning and asked me to bring it in to them for inspection. They will waive the 90.00 inspection fee and give me a loaner while my car is in the shop.

This dealer is about an hour from my house, they worked on it the first time for the vibration and shuddering but since they are so far away I have been taking it to the local dealer. They ran my VIN and got all the service workups on it and the first question my sales guy asked me is, why didn't they look at the TC ? .. I was baffled.. I told him I tried and tried but they ignored my request..

So I take it in Wed morning so they can look at it.. I will update after that. Hopefully with some good news!
    I took my car into the dealer yesterday and they explained to me that all Pac's have this shudder in them around the 15-2k rpm range. He said it happens due to the Pac being designed for fuel economy and that it's in such a low gear and keeps it there until the last minute to upshift to help mpg. He was able to explain to me exactly what I was feeling without driving it. He did drive it and said he felt it.

He also told me they have replaced a ton of TC on the Pac's and said if I had a bad one it would feel like I was driving over rumble strips which mine does not do.

They ran the diagnostics on it and everything is up to date.. so I guess I live with it..
    Biggd1999: It is hard to describe what a shudder feels like, and to be very honest I have called it a lugging of the engine rather than a shudder. I do think he is right, but it should be only when you are gently moving on. A fast start should not have the shudder. Our PAC has 37,000 miles on it and only once in a while do we notice it, and I think it is not that of an issue for us.

Hey here is one for the books, our computer said we were getting 30 to 33.6 mpg on the open road after we filled up. Well when we filled up it was really about 26 mpg. Warmer temps sure effects gas mileage on our Pac. Have you noticed this as well?

farout
    farout: Yes, it's only noticeable under light acceleration. I drive a stretch of road that is really hilly and the speed limit is 55 but people go anywhere between 45-60 on it. This is when I notice it, cause the cruise control waits until the last minute to downshift, therefore I feel the lugging, like a stick shift in too high of a gear. Once it downshifts it is good. I will say after all the motor mount replacements it's nowhere near what it used to be.. much better.

I haven't watched the mpg lately but I will, it's only in the high 40's to low 50's here so I will see what it's getting.

If you remember I mentioned awhile ago I was only getting about 260-280 miles per tank and the computer readout for the miles to empty was really screwy. This last weekend I cleaned & vacuumed it out (kids are messy..lol) and I had the radio on for over 2 hours and I killed the battery dead.. I had to jump start it and now those weird readouts and wacky mileage is gone.. Very strange to me..
    I could written your responce to the dot of an "i". We live almost next to Lake of the Ozarks, in Missouri. Lots of hills and the very same situatuin and issues you state. The Battery thing means your Power Control Moduel (PCM) which is a computer, has reset it's self and learning how to respond to your driving all over again. The changing of our motor mounts really helped the very solid shifts, to be a more civilized smooth shift.

Is your PAC a AWD or FWD, and how many miles onyour PAC? We are liking our PAC the longer we have it, we bought it new on Aug. 31, 2007. The only thing on the PAC we don't use is the Power Adjustable Pedals. Both me and my bride have the same spot for where the pedals fit, all the way down. Theat came with the heated front and second row seats. We really like the bun warmers so nice in freezing temps.

We have had several Dealers close in our area, and one more GMC dealer is rumored to planning to close soon. Bad time to be a sales man or woman that's for sure.

Our PAC came form a dealer in Grand Island NE. We found the exact PAC we wanted in searching Chryslers web site, and the dealer here went and got it. However the guy picking it up found a dead battery when he picked it up. So they put a brand new battery in it before they left for Missouri. We have had no battery problems after we bought it. The lifetime limited powertrain warranty is something that really we like.

farout
    I am also liking it more and more as I drive it, now that I have 95% of the problems worked out of it, it's not that bad of a car. It is AWD and I love how it handles in the snow. I have about 38,500 miles on it, I bought it with 19k miles on it.

It is fully loaded, the only two options it does not have is the Navi and backup sensor. The DVD is a life saver with the kids. Last April we drove it from Mi to Fl and it was fabulous, we really like how much space it has on the inside especially with 3 kids.

When I was searching for mine, I found a dealer in Battle Creek, MI that proclaimed to be the largest Pacifica dealership in the US. The day I picked it up they had over 100 in stock. I think today they have 10 or so.. lol

I really wish I had the lifetime warranty.. ugh.
    We get Ice first and then snow over that ice. I had three Jeep Liberty's and they did not do as well as our PAC does. I put the TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T tires and they are the best tires we have ever bought. We live on a good steep hill and in Ice and snow this AWD PAC climbs like a mountian goat. Smooth and steady. The Jeeps were a hard harsh ride. The leg room for the driver was so small it was unreal. Being retired we reallly appreciale how easy to get in and out the PAC is. It drives so smooth and handles like a smaller car. It is a shame Chrysler did not spend money to let the PAC be known for how good it is.Chrysler only has the T&C now and Dodge has the Journey, which to us seems like the inside is really cheap looking. Two tone seats looks really junky to us. I am just glad we got the 07 because of the dual rear exhaust, it looks cool and makes a nice sound. That's how you can tell an 07 is that's the only year to get the dual exhaust.

As we seldom have anyone with us the back 3rd row is folded down all of the time. The second row looks like new as only three or four times has anyone sat in them. But we are sometimes as messy as three youngens, so we seem to allway have a Wallies world bag we use for trash in the back of the passengers seat.

I read in Jan 09 thet there were still 2,500 unsold PAC's and some were 07's. There must be a huge discount now on the PAC. I do know the Bule Book value sure has tanked. Heck we owe about two times what the Blue Book says the PAC should sell for retail.....ug!

farout
  • jlou619jlou619 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I might be a new owner of a 2007 pac. Reading all these forums about torque issues is making me unsure if i want to buy a 07 pac. Any positive feedback on the torque issue? I read someplace that they were suppose to make new torque converters to replace the old ones. :confuse:
  • rhollisrhollis Member Posts: 122
    I purchased a 2007 Pacifica Touring FWD in April of 2007. The transmission was flashed a couple of times after I told the dealer that there was a TSB. After the motor mounts, right strut, and steering rack were replaced, the transmission was reflashed and the converter was replaced. None of these repairs resolved any of the problems with the car. After a little over a year and a little over 5000 miles, Chrysler, after fighting me all the way, bought the car back.
    Hi, back at ya. Have a dealer check out the PAC before you buy. I guess it must be used if it's a 07. If the PAC is an AWD or a touring or a limited it has the 4. L engine and the 6 speed automatic. These torque converters did present problems for some PAC's. Our PAC had a TC replacement and that pretty much took care of it. The replacements were for those PAC's made before Jan 08. A dealer can run the VIN and tell, you when your was made. How many miles on this PAC that might be a new owner of?

If you can get a Chrysler Service Contract etended warranty I would highly reccomend that would be a wise move. A good dealer and service department is what really is a blessing.

Remember that most PAC owners are pleased, but this forum does attract those with issues they are looking to solve. Some have had Chrysler buy back their pAC, as they did not meet expectations of the owners. Chrysler wants owners that are happy. GM and Ford I do not think go that far to please customers. At least as far as I know of.

Tell me what equipment has it got, the mileage and the price and I will attempt to tell you more. Check the Kelly Blue Book to make sure you are not paying too much.

farout
  • jtg61jtg61 Member Posts: 43
    farout wrote: "The replacements were for those PAC's made before Jan 08."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Every PAC in existence was made before Jan 08. The last PAC to roll off the Windsor, Ontario, Canada assembly line was Dec 12th, 2007. Are you sure about this date?
    I am sorry you are totally correct...to many dates on my mind. All PAC's made after Dec 07 were said to be ok with the TC. Howre having said that they have replaced some TC's that were made after Dec. 2007.

This not a unique problem. With other Mfg's of 6 speed auto trans they too have a lugging sensation. So I have been told. I can't say for 100% sure.

farout
  • tlarstlars Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone looked into the US Fidelis warranties? My instinct tells me to stick with a Chrysler warranty and to purchase it from the local dealer who will be servicing the PAC. They seem pretty reasonable and can offer 12 month no interest. I gave them the price of the Golick PA warranty and he thought he could match it. Golick didn't offer any payment plan though.

Another thing, I have my PAC going in Friday for a check up on the TC and other issues I'm reading about. Would you believe they don't have loaner cars for warranty issues? I was pretty shocked. Is this normal or should I look into going to another dealer? :(
    About 5 yeras or so ago the nations biggest vehicle Warntee Company, that many Chrysler dealers used instead of Chrysler Service contracts, because they cost less. went bankrupt! Many were left with nothing.

I have never bought anything but the Chrysler Service Contracts. They pay right then and there, no sending you a check, or paying the bill three months later.

The 3 year 36,000 mile warranty does not cover rental or loaner cars. If you have a Chrysler Service contract you do get a car they rent for you, starting from the day you buy the Chrysler Service Contract. Chrysler does have a 36 month no interest plan but you have to push to talk to a supervisor. I haver had four this way. It does exist so be persistant.

Oh, you might ask to test drive a car for the day? That might be a possibility.

farout
    Chrysler has a deal for military veterans. If you present your DD214, they will give you an additional $500 credit and a 3 year service contract. The only catch is the military 3 year service contract doesn't include the free loaner car. I previously received a dealer provided 3 year service contract and it included the loaner car. It just depends which service contract you get. The standard 3/36 warranty does not include a loaner car. I bought one of the last new 08 Pacs available to receive the lifetime powertrain warranty. I only hope Chrysler is around long enough to honor it.
    Even though I've been out since 1992, they will give me this discount? Are you saying they GIVE you a 3 year warranty or offer a $500 credit towards the costs of the warranty? Or was this applied toward the purchase of your new car?
    Here is the link to the military offer.

www.jeep.com/en/incentives/programs/military/rules.html
  • brustermbrusterm Member Posts: 2
    I have an '04 Pac with 130k miles. It has started a problem where it sometimes shifts hard into 2nd gear. After that it is smooth in the upper gears. The mechanic doesn't seem to have an idea yet. Reading through these posts, now I'm worried about motor mounts and transmission fluid. Is there a way to check the motor mounts are good. He checked the trans fluid and the level is OK.

Another problem is that it seems to shudder sometimes when going about 60mph. Dropping to 55 or increasing to 65, the shudder will go away. I'm worried these sound like expensive problems.... :confuse:
    I believe that the majority of the problems were with the 4.0 engine and the 6spd transmission. One way to check the motor mounts is to have someone put the car in gear with their foot firmly on the brake and accelerate while someone else is watching the engine. It if lifts up substantially, you have a motor mount problem.
    DO NOT STAND IN FRONT OF THE VEICHELE WHEN YOU HAVE SOME ONE ACCELERATE THE MOTOR.
    I do not believe that is what I said.
    I was saying that in a joking way. Howerver I have heard of a person getting hit against a wall in just one instance just as I warned against.

I remember you got your money back, or some of it on a PAC, what is your ride now? I sure hope you are having better luck with the new ride.

farout
    Years ago when vehicles had points and distributors, a friend of mine was tuning up his tow truck. He tapped the remote starter buttom to locate the timing mark and the next thing he knew he was being hauled off to the hospital. The truck was in gear and lurched forward pinning him against a work bench. He did not lose any vital parts, but walking is not as easy as it used to be.
  • kims3kims3 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 04 with 150K miles on it...I was having the same issue as you stated and I took it to a mechanic and my upper and lowe motor mounts were broken. The mechanic had a hard time finding them as Chryslers situation. No one wanted to sell the parts. It was not cheap to fix...it cost about 400 for the top ones and another $400 for the bottom ones. It was so bad my engine was rubbing on the firewall!!
    My car went back to Chrysler over a year ago. I loved the car but was extremely unhappy with it. The '06, which mine was, and the 04' are different cars in many respects. My motor mounts, right strut, steering rack and sway bar bushings were all replaced to resolve a clunk. None of this made any difference. My daughter brought in her '05 recently (I am in the business) for an identical clunk. I replaced the sway bar links and it was gone. If Chrysler had done that, I might still be driving my Pacifica. I do not know what the problem was but they seem to keep their techs from thinking.
    Well I finally couldn't take it any longer.. the clunking and the transmission was getting worse and was afraid of getting stuck with a huge repair bill so as of Friday I now own a '09 Charger SXT.. I absolutely LOVE it.... It doesn't have all the bells and whistles the Pac had but I will gladly trade that all for a mechanicaly sound car that doesn't vibrate and clunk... I wish you all good luck with your Pac's...
  • 07_pacowner07_pacowner Member Posts: 3
    If anyone is interested, I have a video of my front motor mount seperating under load. I have been complaining to my local dealer about drivability issues that they say is normal. Pulling to the right, hard shifting, slamming into drive or reverse from park.....normal my [non-permissible content removed]! I even asked my dealership to check the motor mounts and they said they are fine. Just give me your email address.
    07 pcowner: You need to go to another dealership that knows what the heck they are doing! WHAT YOU DESCRIPE IS 100% FIXABLE! In fact everyone of the issues you speak of except the pulling to the right, I have experienced and had fixed.

Go to a larger more equiped dealer, and this should be resolved easly.

farout
  • kerri2201kerri2201 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 07 Pacifica - and have been basically chased out of the 2 local dealerships when I have complained about the clunking and the transmission changing hard - my 07 is still under warranty and all they have offered is to change the tie rod - but only the part is covered and we have to pay labour, and for the transmission was a transmission service at 52000 km and yet our book says not until 100000km - what can I do?
  • hollybarryhollybarry Member Posts: 11
    Okay, it's brand new. 2008. 5k miles now. I love the car if I'm on the highway but in town? It clunks all the time. Like when I go from park to reverse or when I go from reverse to drive. It makes this awful sounds and jerks a little. Sometimes it does it, too, when I'm coasting along about 30 mph and hit the gas peddle. Clunk.

I've had it to the dealership and of course it doesn't really do it when they're in the car, not very loud anyway. They "updated" the transmission via a computer program but ??

If the gas mileage (14.2) wasn't enough to tick me off the clunking sure is. At $520/month for 6 years I'm gonna be one sad, sad woman.

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it!!!!!
    I hate to say this, but my guess is they are taking advantage of you being of the female gender. That should mean they would treat you better, so listen to you gut is this is the issue. Go directly to to the General Manager or owner of the dealership and tell her or him whats going on with the Pac and ask the GM to help you.

What you are describing is not unheard of. We has to have the torque converter replaced to take care of this problem. The problem I have seen with others is that when they get problems like you have they make a huge mistake. Do not jump to several other dealers until you have gone as far as the dealer will go.

Is the dealer your going to the one who sold the Pac to you> If not that's where you need to go. If you want call 1 800 992 1997 and speak to a customer care rep. That works. Above all do not get snippy or angry or spout off. These dealers hear crap all the time. So be polite, respectful, and tell them you appreciate their help. Always be positive. If all else fails you can ask the Service manager to get the Zone rep involved, these reps have complete power to even buy back you Pac if they can't fix it to your liking.

Oh One other point you did buy this PAC new right? If not you are limited to the dealersships good will. A Chrysler Service Contract (extended warranty) will sometimes pay for it's self. I have bought over 11 new Chrysler products and I have had a service contract on all but the first Plymouth I bought. I learned then I would always buy one. I have never lost money on. The Max Care $ 100. deductable is the best and has more useable things you can use.

Hope this helps, pray before you phone or go in, be calm and peaceful.

justme
    Thank you for your long and nice reply. How are you so sure it's the torque converter? What does a torque converter do (in layman's terms). To somehow describe more what I feel is that when I step on the brake and change gears, there's a HUGE nasty noise that I cannot explain other than a huge clunk. Other times, when I'm coasting and then hit the gas, just before it (my acceleration) begins, it will clunk also but not quite as loud. Does this still sound like a torque converter? Cuz if it is, I will press on (nicely) and get it fixed. Yes, I bought it new. Yes from the same dealership I'm dealing with. I only have 5,000 miles on it and I bought extended 7-year bumper-to-bumper. I just can't stand the sound. It bums me out every single time I get in the car.
    Well, it turns out the clunk was the motor mounts. A brand new car and bad motor mounts!! It's 7 months old now and besides these mounts I also needed completely new rotors. How can this be? Now I'm still not even sure I like the way my car rides even after these things have been fixed. It just seems something's inherently and insidiously wrong with the whole car!!!
    During the slightly over 5000 miles and one year that I had my 2007 Pacifica Touring, the transmission was reprogrammed twice, the torque converer was replaced, the rear brake rotors were replaced, the motor mounts were replaced, the sway bar bushings were replaced, the right front strut was replaced, and the steering rack was replaced. Most of this did not solve any ofthe problems with the car. After three shots at arbitration, three independent reports, reports from others who had driven the car, and my input (I have been in the auto repair business for over 40 years) Chrysler finally bought back my car. They NEVER offered me another car and they NEVER asked if I might consider purchasing another Chrisler vehicle, which I did. In addition, because of some shady paper work on the part of the selling dealer, they tried to cheat me out of $2,700.00. I was treated like some unknowledgeable lowlife. The attroney that Chrysler had for the arbitrations was a complete idiot and she is the one who caused the efforts after the second arbitration to fail. She never told the dealer that she picked for the repairs what the problems were with the car. She said that I should have taken the car to the selling dealer each time instead of different dealers, and after it was agred that she would take it to the selling dealer, she took it to another dealer.
  • gina19gina19 Member Posts: 3
    Check your motor mounts..we heard a clunking/knocking noise when around 40-50 mph and had to slow down suddenly or moving around curves. There was also a noise and a jerking feeling when we would stop and start. My husband swore it was the transmission, however, it turned out to be the motor mounts. This will be our second time replacing them in 8 months!
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    Hello guys, I was the owner of a PAC 2007, with the 4.0 engine and had all the same problems that are you having. At the end Chrysler gave me my money back minus miles, I was about to buy a Chrysler Aspen but Chrysler financial was giving me a very high interest rate, (I think they make me a favor) I went to Lexus and Got a brand New Lexus Rx 350 which is a much better car and works and drives the way it should not the Chrysler way (they always said that was normal the shudder and the hard down shift that broke the engine mounts twice in one year.
    Call Chrysler and let them know that you are not happy with the car, they were very nice with me and is in some way very easy to do.
    Regards.
    Chrysler has gone to a oil filled motor mount. These mounts are recent thing. The oil filled mounts make the V-6 a engine run with less vibration, and a quiter cabin. I too had our replaced, it is not a big deal, and is done while having an oil change. Don't make this out to be a huge issue, several other vehicle makers have this problem as well.

Rotors indicate a heavy foot on the brakes. Do you drive with your left foot braking when coming to a stop, or do you use your right foot? Often left foot brakers will cause faster ware on the pads, rotors, and calipers. There are times that other faulty parts acn cause this as well. The Dealer should fine the source of the problem.

The 07 Pacifica's have had some vehicles that some customers felt their vehicles were were so faulty they wanted their money back. Chrysler is a very liberal company that stands behind their vehicles and even refunds a customers money. This is good will on Chryslers part is seldom praised. Try a Ford or GMC and see what they say, these others don't do refunds.

Farout
    Farout fancies himself as an expert. He is not.
    Well all I know is whomever said I prolly had motor mount problems was right on. Apparently the "front two were in bad shape and the rear one was just gone". Now was "just gone" gone as in not there or gone as in real bad I will not know. However, the rotors? I am not a 2-foot driver and have only had the car since February when I got it brand new. It's a 2008. BTW, even with the new rotors and motor mounts, I still feel like there's something wrong. It just ain't right. Something inherently just ain't right about the car....but how do you go to the dealer and tell them THAT??? I think I will call Chrysler. What a shame. Cuz the Pacifica is a dang nice looking, thick (as in safe/sturdy) car. But the innards? pooh.
    The brakes on my 2007 Pacifica Touring started to pulse as I was driving home from the dealer - bad rear rotors.
    I didn't have brake problems with my 07 Pac Touring until about 35k miles, they started to pulse. However the motor mount issue plagued my car, 2 sets in under 30k miles along with mutiple other issues, so I traded it in on an 09 Charger..

I also have an 07 Durango with 34k miles on it. We bought it with 19k miles and the brakes were destroyed so the dealer paid to have them replaced. About 6 months later the front warped again and the dealer fixed them under the limited time warranty from when they put them on. Now the rears are gone and pulse like crazy... the only issue I have now is the dealer was closed by corporate so I am screwed out of having them fixed..
    The dealer argued with me about my rear brake rotors. They tried to claim that there was no problem and everything was normal. To compound the issue, the tech backed into a post while he was roadtesting my car. They would not road test it until I made a specific request. Odd, I thought, as I road test nearly every car that comes into my shop (close to 40 years in business).
  • rockhunter71rockhunter71 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2006 pacifica with 52k miles. Started it this morning, put it in rev and it wouldn't go. I put the car back into park and tried again, nothing. I moved to drive position and still won't go. Put the car in neutral and tried to roll it, nothing. I am thinking maybe a linkage? Any ideas? ------- update: I tried again and this time it made a horrible noise when it went into reverse. I let it move back a little but it didn't feel right. Put the car in drive and pulled forward but it most definitely wasn't smooth. In neutral the car will now roll. I feel like there is a pretty serious internal issue in the tranny but wonder why it would happen right in my driveway with no hint of a problem before. Gonna have to call the tow guy, crap!
    I believe that the shifter is cable operated. Iwould tend to thing that the cableis broken or has become disconnected, probably at the transmission end.
  • rockhunter71rockhunter71 Member Posts: 7
    Just an update on my 06 chrysler pacifica. I had the car towed to a transmission shop and was told tranny needed an overhaul. Supposed to be done in 3 days but of course it took 8 days. I have driven the car 3 days and a shudder has appeared at around 35 mph. Guess I'm gonna be without my car for awhile more after I bring it back and [non-permissible content removed]. Total cost $1645 (including tow). 29 days after my warranty ran out. 52000 miles on the odometer. Crap.
    Do any of you have the service bulletins on getting the motor mounts replaced? My wife loves this 07 Touring and we only have 24,000 miles. I cringe every time I get a new posting, but I want to know what to expect as well.

My factory warranty is up in 4/2010. What other things should I be asking the dealer about?

PS - anyone have issues with a vibrating window/windshield molding on the upper driver's side?
    Thanks!
    I believe that you ought to pursue this with Chrysler. Unless you really abused your car, the transmission should not need a rebuild at 52k.
  • momcar2007momcar2007 Member Posts: 1
    After reading all of these messages, NOT a proud owner of a 2007 Pacifica!!! Looking to hear from anyone else having problems with bad motor mounts. Purchased this car 2 years ago with 20,000 miles and am now having problems. After stopping at a stop sign, the car jumped out of gear then jumped back into gear with a loud noise. Engine light came on right after this happen. Thought it was the transmission.

Made an appt with dealership next day and was told it had bad motor mounts that needed to be change. Only then I find out that the extra ext warranty ($1,720.00, that was "the best one", covered everything) I purchased does not cover these parts. Service guy was really nice, but very angry with the salesman. Should have made them put it in writing before I eagerly signed on the dotted line.

This seems to be an ongoing with these cars. Why aren't there any recalls from Chrysler? After looking at some of the posts, I guess I'm lucky, my problems didn't start until 68,000 miles. Driven Dodge/Chrysler for 21 years, but this one will be the last.

Thanks for listening!!!
    In under 5000 miles, my motor mounts were replaced, the torque converter was replaced, the transmission was reflashed at least two times, the sway bar bushings were replaced, the right front strut was replaced, the steering rack was replaced, and the rear brake rotors were replaced. All of this, and three trips to arbitration, did not resolve all of the problems with the car. Chrysler bought it back. They are extremely nice cars, but something was lacking in the engineering department and the follow up repair department.