Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Celica Accessories & Modifications

gonzocelicagonzocelica Member Posts: 2
Hello im new at this, so take it easy on me. im 19 im getting a 2001 toyota celica gts with 17 inch crom rims; It has 72,000 miles and both head lights dont work the body is really good with no hits or dents, the only promble is it has a Ignited Push Start Engine button and i been told in the long run it would have prombles also has a bass pluged into the main battry so its really low. its an ok conditon...So if u guys have any suggestion on this car cuz im thinkin abt buyin it they r selling it to me for 11000 dollors. if u guys can help me it would help.

Comments

• gonzocelicagonzocelica Member Posts: 2
    Hello im new at this, so take it easy on me. im 19 im getting a 2001 toyota celica gts with 17 inch crom rims; It has 72,000 miles and both head lights dont work the body is really good with no hits or dents, the only promble is it has a Ignited Push Start Engine button and i been told in the long run it would have prombles also has a bass pluged into the main battry so its really low. its an ok conditon...So if u guys have any suggestion on this car cuz im thinkin abt buyin it they r selling it to me for 11000 dollors. if u guys can help me it would help.
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    A few points:

A "Push Start Engine button"? What the.....? Celicas have a normal ignition key. I don't know what kind of crap they added but I wouldn't pay anything extra for that.

Second, FIND OUT why the headlights don't work. They should either be fixed BEFORE you buy the car, or the cost of the repair deducted from the price. Why would you buy a car that won't pass inspection and can't be driven at night?

Third, I have no idea of what "bass pluged into the main battry so its really low" even means. Perhaps someone can help to decipher that?

Fourth, before anybody can help you appraise the car's worth, we might need to know a few BASIC things:

Manual or automatic?
    Leather or cloth seats?
    Side airbags?
    Sunroof?

If you are serious about this car, take it to a local mechanic to have it THOROUGHLY checked out. The fact that somebody is trying to sell a car with non-functional headlights (and what sounds like some questionable electrical modifications) would make me exTREMEly leary of the cars overall condition.

Last point (and I'll try to take it easy) - we aren't all a bunch of 19 year old HS kids. Reading posts with ZERO punctuation is difficult. Our ONLY impression of you is based on what (and how) you post. If you want advice from the grownups, post like one. If you want advice from a bunch of other kids, then keep going the way you are.

edit -

Don't take it personally if you get few (to zero) other reply's to your initial question. The Celica forum here on Edmunds is.....a little slow. You might get more responses on some of the other forums. Good luck.
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    the "bass" is a subwoofer independently powered directly from the battery. And if the battery is low, the sub's conncections are probably a disaster waiting to happen.

If the car has xenons, replacing them will be expensive. More importantly, both being out at the same time tells me that:
    (1) the car is not currently a daily driver, suspicious for a car this new, and
    (2) there's a good chance it has been in a bad front end accident.

Don't even get me started on this push button start that someone has installed.

I would run as fast as I could from this car. But then, I am not 19 with lots of time to work on my car and customize it. If you know nothing about car mechanics, I would give it a miss.
    Also, being 19 means the Celica will cost you a ton to insure, and if you are making payments and have to have full coverage, it will be that much more.

Oh yeah, without a doubt you MUST get a CARFAX on this car. It will be $40 well-spent, trust me.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    Did the '01 Celicas even offer xenons as an option? Although, it somebody has added a 'push button start', I suppose a xenon 'upgrade' is not out of the question.

It's been a while since I went through the whole 'massive amps and the biggest woofers I could stuff in the trunk' phase, but how SHOULD the system amps be wired? I always figured that for the current drain (particularly for a sub amp), the best place for the power supply was off the battery terminal?
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Oh absolutely, you have no choice in the matter, but there's wiring it right and wiring it wrong. :sick:

And the many ways you could wire one wrong could lead to shorts and a battery that is constantly dying.

And when DID the GTS start offering optional xenons? Now you have me trying to think back. Wasn't it from the beginning? Or was it just after the mid-cycle refresh? When was that, the '03 MY?

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• rstarr6969rstarr6969 Member Posts: 1
    i just bought a 2002 celica gt and it has a system hooked in to the battery too. i got three 12 inch subs in it w and 1000 watt amp which would kill my battery but with it i got a compassetor which saves your battery and will make it so your lights don't fade or anything when the bass hits in. so thats what i would suggest for that.
  • white_celicagtwhite_celicagt Member Posts: 1
    Dose anyone know were you can go to find mods for a 1990 toyota celica GT? I cant find any.
  • brown18brown18 Member Posts: 2
    hey there!

What kind of mods are you looking for? I know this site where you can purchase some Toyota parts and accessories. They have Toyota Mirrors and other stuff.

You might want to check it out
  • meathead52meathead52 Member Posts: 1
    Ok, so i personally am going for looks :shades: with my 2000 GTS celica. Its white, with 15% tinted windows and a nice blue calaper brakes with LED blue neons hidden in the car so at night it looks sic.

QUESTION: I want a Cold Air Intake for my celica. I heard that Name brands like INGEN and AEM and KN&N are really good. But other off brands or BOMZ(BONZ) are perfectly fine just not as high as performance and there cheaper. Is this true? what should i do. Save up and get an expensive one or get a cheaper one that looks good but not as good as performance. I want good sound too and my engine is stock. Please Help. Thank you!
  • paull3paull3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I have a 2000 celica gt. the antenna was broken off and the dealer stated that it would require that the cable also be replaced. has anyone had any experience with this sort of problem. is the dealer give me a line of b..s.. or is it true. any help would be appreciated.
  • trd_celicatrd_celica Member Posts: 3
    hey, i have a question to ask you guys here.
    i have a 04 celica GT, i dont know whats wrong with it can you please help me out??
    the problem is that the car hiss when i turn it off. and when the car idels/ being turn off it like the engine is shakeing before it dies.
    can anyone help????

THANKS ALOT!!!!!
  • kate2000gtkate2000gt Member Posts: 1
    Same thing happened to mine, and I did have to replace the base and mast, which is pretty expensive if purchased through Toyota. If you can get the broken part out of the base, you can simply replace the mast.
  • peterpan99peterpan99 Member Posts: 65
    I broke the mast off.

Would like to know if it's easy to replae it with the power antenna standard on 2005 MODEL etc..

May have to add a power wire for the unit. Anybody knows?
  • kikuras2kikuras2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 91 celica gt and I want to change the taillights out for sum new ones but I'm having trouble finding any that would fit. I don't want to have to shave the lights completely and start from scratch but it looks like im gonna have to. If anyone knows of any lights that might fit with some minor mods please let me know. :cry:
  • celica90celica90 Member Posts: 1
    Will 17 inch rims fit 1990 celica st and if so what tire size is needed?
  • natescelicanatescelica Member Posts: 3
    hi everyone. does anyone know if i am able to bypass somehow the speed sensor/ governor? There is fuel cut off at 117 mph and i know my car can go over b/c at that speen im in 5th gear at 4000 rpm and i redline at 6000 so theres 2000 more rpm to go.
  • rogue22rogue22 Member Posts: 2
    I have been trying to figure out how to bypass the governor/sensor and if I find out anything I will keep you updated.
    Also, I want to do some minor modifications to my Celica, add an intake and stuff like that. Any ideas as to what is a good deal and something I can put on myself? Keep in mind that I love my gas mileage because I have to drive 9 hours or so out to college.
    Thanks,
    Rogue22
  • ashleyb67ashleyb67 Member Posts: 1
    I am the original owner of a 2005 Celica with a Toyota Theft Deterent System (Toyota added it at the port; the remote key fob says "TDS" on it and has three buttons - one red, one black, and one green). I am having a problem using the black unlock button on the key fob. I press it, but it doesn't unlock my car. The red button will still lock and unlock the car. I have changed the battery in the fob, but that does not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ashley
  • anikananikan Member Posts: 1
    I bought a celica and i would like suggestions about engine modifications. I have the money and a certified mechanic to install anything i want. i kinda want a wish list from least expensive to most expensive for things to make it run better longer and faster. any suggestions would be nice and appreciated. thanx for the help guys. it is a manual 5 speed and everything stock except for rims. came with 20 inch rims. am getting rid of them as soon as i can
  • pabstmanpabstman Member Posts: 1
    your car is possessed. if it spits pea soup at you sell it.
  • shifty017shifty017 Member Posts: 6
    I Have a 2000 Toyota Celica GTS, Mostly stock except for a, GRedddy Evo Exhaust + a Weapon R short ram intake. I would like to put Headers on it and a fuel rail,but i cant find any places that sell fuel rails. I hav heard that if you put a fuel rail in you have to change your injectors,otherwise its usless.?

Im new at edmunds so I dont know if im posting right or not.
  • shifty017shifty017 Member Posts: 6
    I Have a 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S, I would like to put headers on it, but i would like to know if anybody has a opinion on good ones. I am looking at DCsport 4-2-1 headers for better low end.
  • peterpan99peterpan99 Member Posts: 65
    There are lots of high intensity LED head lights and all other lights.

Anybody used them?

Are they bright enough?

They are supposed to last 50K hours. Are they lasting long?