Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New A3 Owners - Give Us Your Report!

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
Congratulations on your new A3! Post your first impressions of your new ride here.

Comments

• joemalejoemale Member Posts: 28
    Thanks everyone for the info.
    I just picked up my A3 2.0 DSG, lava grey.
    The Bose sound system is better than the one I had
    on my mercedes C320. This is the funnest car to
    drive I have ever had. Already made a trip to Costco.
    Very practical. I feel like it's the best little
    secret. Hardly see any on the road, but it is a blast.
  • esfesf Member Posts: 1,020
    Yes I know what you mean- everyone with other small luxo cars don't know what they're missing.

Mine's in Moro Blue.

(Actually, my son said he saw one that looked exactly like mine on the road :).)

;)
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    Add one more to the sales for February!

2.0, DSG, Lava grey, cloth interior.

The to Quattro or not to Quattro decision delayed us for a long time (we're in Minnesota) [actually - the 3.2Q outpriced us - this was more a to-Subaru or not-to-Quattro-Audi question]. In the end, decided to jump in, and keep our old Subaru for the bad snows.

No open-sky, so we won't have to deal with the latch ;)
  • jpw380jpw380 Member Posts: 2
    I've been researching a car for a year or so and finally settled on a dark grey 2006 a3 3.2 with 18" wheels, nav, open sky. i was worried the 18" tires would look too pimped out. They don't -- they look great. Just did a six hour highway drive and some city driving. I can say, without hesitation, this is an amazing car. The power is there when you need it, the cabin feels perfect, and the handling is quite good. I've had a bmw 3 series sports coupe for 5 years and still getting adjusted to the awd. It's better than I expected. I haven't really opened it up yet though. Waiting to put some more miles on it.

Does anyone know how many miles you need to drive before it's ok to open up the engine? I've been given varying advice on this. The dealer said i didn't need to wait. Any thoughts?

Thanks all.
  • misterjjmisterjj Member Posts: 32
    RTFM. I believe you are supposed to take it real easy until 600 miles and then slowly start pushing it harder until 1000 miles when you can go full throttle and top out the RPMs. Most advice also says to vary the RPMs during break-in. I.E. Don't cruise the highway at a set gear and RPM level, switch gears once in a while if not changing speeds.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    I also think other related components need to be broken in, such as the brakes…but others such as windshield wipers can be cranked to full from the get go ;)
  • awrepoawrepo Member Posts: 2
    Damn I'm glad I got got this car!!

Had it for two weeks and enjoyed every minute of it.

Here's a recent experience: got held up on the way to work the other day by an idiot in a Land Cruiser who pulled into the left lane in front of me, immediately dropped to 55 mph and sat there not passing anyone. After a minute or two I got pissed off, dropped into fourth and zipped round this guy on the right (yeah, bad me). Up into fifth and sixth, foot flat, enjoying the car pulling like hell. I backed off when I looked down and saw the speedo indicating 120mph. oops. The point of this is how effortlessly (and quickly) the car gathers speed; especially considering its "compact" status. It's quiet and very quick and I seriously need to grow up. It's got me driving like I'm 17 again (I'm 42).

The torque delivery is amazing, practically zero turbo lag (a real contrast to my WRX, which I beat like a dusty rug!!) and real push from WAY down the rev. range. And zero torque steer too.....great handling from the base package, gorgeous wheels, pretty good stereo. Just a great ride.

I have a red 2.0 with a six speed m.t., by the way.

Kudos to Audi - they really got this one right.

Oh, and the dealership was a pleasure to do business with -thank you to Barry and the other folks I dealt with at Anchor Audi in Lynbrook, NY.

Happy motoring.
  • dyendyen Member Posts: 9
    Just got my A3 eight days ago - 2.0T with the DSG, Premium and winter packages. Thoroughly enjoying it. You're right on about the torque. Strong from even low RPMs.

Just one question, awrepo: Do you have a storage compartment under the driver's seat? There's one under the passenger seat that flips out, but there's a gaping hole under the driver's seat. It looks unfinished, like someone forgot to put it in. The dealer told me that the A3 driver's side doesn't get the storage compartment. Thanks!
  • awrepoawrepo Member Posts: 2
    no storage under the drivers seat on mine. Still loving the ride. Thinking about chipping it.....any suggestions about what needs to be done and whether it's worth it?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    I can't see any reason to chip an A3 2.0T. It's already at point of having too much power and torque for a front wheel drive car. Chipping for 230-240hp/torque in a front wheel drive small car like the A3 is not a good thing. An extra 30-40 hp would do the A3 3.2 well, though. With the extra weight of the quattro and V6, it's only a few thenths quicker than the 2.0T.
  • allhorizonallhorizon Member Posts: 483
    I can't see any reason to chip an A3 2.0T. It's already at point of having too much power and torque for a front wheel drive car. Chipping for 230-240hp/torque in a front wheel drive small car like the A3 is not a good thing.

You can buy a front LSD for under $1,000 - at least for the manual. So for about $1,500 you can get a nicely enhanced, very driveable package (if you don't mind paying for most drivetrain related problems out of your own pocket). If I'd go that far, for myself, I would then likely also add a thicker rear sway bar and Koni FSD shocks to go with the sport springs - so make the total $2,000 or so with alignment.
  • pwdpwd Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 3.2 (silver with light gray leather) with the DSG, open sky, bi-xenon, cold weather, and xm radio three weeks ago. Sticker was $38,100 but I paid $35,721 plus tax and license. Highs: DSG transmission, small outside (fit in small spaces and very tight turning radius,) good room inside (the back seat seems to have as much room as an M3 or C32 and a ton more room to load stuff), very predictable and stable handling (not a race car but terrific at speeds one can use on public roads with surprisingly little understeer), fabulous traction with the quatro system, non-invasive stability control system, good power (0-60 in 5.8 seconds -- feels strong to 40, less so after that), and nicely laid out, intuitive and logical controls. Lows: poor fuel mileage (best of 23mpg and worst of 16.5 mpg at a track day on Thunderhill raceway -- mostly due to being too heavy), poor cup holders.
  • donthegreekdonthegreek Member Posts: 127
    Just picked up a leftover new 06 A3 with the DSG, Premium and cold weather.So far 800 miles and love it!!!!
  • snospydrsnospydr Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a '07 'Brilliant Red' A3 3.2 S line Quattro, S tronic, open sky, cold weather and tech packages. The dealer put blizzaks on it and the AWD sticks to the road through all kinds of ice, and the cabin heats up really fast. Being in Alaska, I want to get the vehicle winterized, but Audi doesn't have a freeze plug (headbolt heater, block heater, lots of names). Does anyone know if there is another option for keeping the engine block from freezing? I'd rather not make this a 'summer only' vehicle, it's way too much fun to keep in the garage.
    Oh, and the sound system is great for being factory.
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    Congrats on your new purchase! :)
  • ritlinritlin Member Posts: 36
    I bought a demo with 5k miles on it from the Audi dealership in Dallas That was my biggest mistake. First off, I love the Audi A3 performance, speed, looks, and feel. I wish I would have gotten a couple of add'l features, like the sunroof nad some of the features that are now standard on the '07, mostly tech. stuff-odometer, radio upgrades, etc. Mine is a sport package with the DSG.

Although I love the DSG, I wonder sometimes if the takeoff's are better in the manual, and just love having a 6 speed stick(traded in a new Civic Si). This car makes me feel like I am driving a 4 dr hatch Si, with a turbo, of course.

The negatives:
    1) the Audi dealership has been diffcult to work with from the sales person, to almost all of the service people.
    2) I have had to get it serviced/repaired twice, really three times since the Audi dealership didn't fix the problem correctly the first time, so I turned around after about 30 miles of driving it afer it was supposedly fixed, to get them to fix it the right way!
    3)gas milage has been far from expected until lately. My mixed driving figures have averaged 21-22, with 23 being my best; and almost exclusive hwy driving I recently got 30 and 31 off the last two tanks(obviously, not a negative), but have 13k miles on it now, and should not be still in the break in phase.
    In addition the the repair comments, I am driving an A4 quattro as a loaner car, and even though i get lots of compliments on it(looks great in black) it is not near as fast or fun to drive as the A3!!!
  • jtfordjtford Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a red A3 2.0T w- DSG, S-line/cold-weather packages. Got a tremendous deal on a certified pre-owned 2007 with 10k miles.

Been driving it for 3 days now, and I LOVE THIS CAR. The combination of power/handling/luxury/nimbleness/safety/fuel-economy is amazing- I love every moment behind the wheel. The 2.0T is a terrific combination of power/torque/fuel-economy for that size car. I also autocross, and am looking forward to springtime with this car-- I've screwed around braking/downshifting into 90-degree corners at high speeds, and the DSG is spectacular. I spent over a day and a half at Bob Bondurant just learning heel-toe downshifting, and this DSG is like cheating. The perfect transmission for daily commutes in stop-and-go grind + weekends at the autocross.

Road feel and cornering with the S-line package is tremendous. Sport suspension setup and 225/45/17's combine for excellent cornering and extremely solid feel at highway speeds. Behind the wheel, the car feels more like a sport coupe than a hatchback. I have two sons, ages 2 & 3, and car seats fit fine in the back. Triple 5-star crash scores and IIHS top-safety pick make me not think twice about putting the little guys in there.

In summary, I couldn't be more pleased with this car. It's such a joy to drive.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    Thanks for the post.

It's nice to get at least two posts on this board in any given eight-month period.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your car.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • aphrodite74aphrodite74 Member Posts: 3
    I love both cars, both 6 speed and red/black. Purchased in Rhode Island.

The cars have alignment/camber design flaw, the first I purchsed new, 2 sets of tires eaten up within 23,000 miles, the dealer could not correct the cause of wear.
    The dealer offered to prorate the second set towards a 3rd. I traded.

The 2nd an S-line with open sky system, I purchased used with 10,600 miles, the dealer tec says it is ready for 2 new front tires, rotate them and they're all dust.
    The dealer is unresponsive to replacing them. I thought certified meant something?

The loaner, a 2008 A3, with 1800 miles already has the wear, visibly and audiably, which has always been the issue, that and the telegraphing vibration up through the steering column and through the floor and petals.

Cheers
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    I read on another A3 thread that the only cars that exhibit premature tire wear are shod with All-Season Pirelli P6s. There are a number of reports by folks who've opted to chuck the factory rubber in favor of Continental ContiProContacts or Michelin Primacy MXV4s that suggest that their tire woes have been cured.

Thoughts?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • aphrodite74aphrodite74 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Shipo,

I plan to attack the dealership today, and will explore the Continental route.
    A dealer I went to for a second opinion explained they have this problem on TTs
    and they ajust camber to tires flat to the road surface, this they claim has satisfied their customers.
    My dealer would not vary from Audi specs.

Thanks,
    Aphrodite74
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    I take it by your response that you do have the Pirelli P6s currently on your car. Yes, no?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • fbtfbt Member Posts: 3
    I bought a used 2007 A3 2.0T 6-speed manual S-line with less than 10,000 miles on it, taking advantage of the Audi's depreciation. Love the car, fast and fun to drive. I'm getting 30mpg, albeit with premium, a nice leather interior, good enough stereo (no mp3 support) I like the hatchback design, I can carry my friends and some gear without too much trouble. I shopped other hatchbacks and some small SUVs and none of them compared to the Audi for quality. A little more expensive but worth every penny extra. The only complaint I have is the tire noise from the stock Pirelli's.
  • utahjakeutahjake Member Posts: 20
    I've had my A3 for 4 weeks, 1,500 miles. Gas mileage on the highway has been 29-31 mpg when putting the cruise on at 60mpg. In town is 21-23 mpg. Handles great. So far very pleased.
  • rascal99rascal99 Member Posts: 54
    The mileage should get better. My A4 gets 25-26 consistently in town. Strictly highway driving yields 33, as high speed no less :blush:
  • jxbst15jxbst15 Member Posts: 21
    I've been pleasantly surprised by the A3 coming from a MINI Cooper S. This car is just plain fun, and now the question that keeps re-running in my head is why so many people lately are so fixated on MINIs in general when for many, the A3 is probably a better choice. Around where I live, I rarely see any A3s on the road but I'm seeing MINIs everywhere I go.

Cost comparison, a decently equipped MINI is not much less expensive than the A3...mine was fairly optioned out and cost 28.3k before taxes, and that was for an '05 model. It didn't have leather either, which if it did would've pushed the MSRP over 30k, and since they're in such high demand there isn't much negotiation on price. The negotiated price on my A3 with S-Line, iPod, Open Sky, and heated seats was about 29k.

I'm getting much better mileage on the A3 than I did on the MINI (after 1.5k miles on the A3 ~26 MPG vs ~23 MGP in 60/40 city/highway driving).

I went back and looked at my maintenance and repair bills for the MINI, and even with the all inclusive MINI maintenance plan I still shelled out about 4.7k for service over 2.5 years. I can't foresee the A3 (got the Audi Care and warranty through GEICO) ever incurring those sorts of expenses while under factory warranty.

The clutch is silky smooth and switching gears is so easy...I love all the torque you get in 3rd gear. I always feel like you get plenty of power and can move without having to drive hard and redline like I did in the MINI. Both my wife and myself find ourselves on the freeway hitting a moment where we look at the speedometer and say 'woah' and have to slow down from 85-90mph. Being as we got the Misano Red Pearl we are certain we're going to start getting speeding tickets sooner than later.

It's a great family car - my wife feels like she's not an average suburban mother running around listlessly in an Odyssey, Accord, or a Volvo. Fits all the kid gear in the trunk and no problem getting car seats in and out. All the other mommies seem envious because most didn't even realize there are some great choices like the A3. Especially when my wife tells them about the stellar front and side crash ratings it got from the IIHS. The rear side curtain airbags make the wife feel safer on the roads (probably accounts for some of the extra speeding). Seems like even the storage has storage as well...there's so many nooks and crannies to store stuff.

Takes getting used to the front wheel drive taking turns fast, but then it's nice having tires that aren't run flats that get worn down from the beating and need to be replaced every 12-15k miles.

I really want to get it chipped but the wife likes things to stay stock, so I'm thinking ahead and will probably get another A3 when they do the next major redesign in 2010 or 2011.
  • rascal99rascal99 Member Posts: 54
    Good review. That's what I like about the A3. It can be a great family car and be a great performance car if optioned appropriately. I am looking at an 09 model later in the year. The only drawback is the larger wheels and low profile tires are included with the sport pkg for '09. I agree with you the low prof tires, run flats or not, are a PITA.

Sports pkg: PPS
    Sports seat, sports suspension, 18" 5-tri-spoke wheels with 225/40 summer performance tires.
    Well, the first 4,900 miles on my new A3 were great. Then yesterday, I am cruising at about 65 mph on some freeways and getting great mileage. I exit onto a ramp and it dies. And it continues to die each time I start it and move several feet. No warning lights go on. When it did go further than several feet, it chugged like someone learning to drive stick. I ended up having to have it towed over 30 miles to the dealer. This is a substitution of collateral car in settlement of a legal action against Audi for my 2007 A4 that ended up with 5 major engine repairs within a 10 week period at 20,000 miles. None of the Audi dealers would help me out (I was 60 miles from home) because I didn't buy the car from them. Well, I didn't buy this car from anyone! Roadside Assistance suggested I take a cab home. The dealer never called to confirm that they received the car from tow truck co. I am hoping it fell off the truck someplace. I am now online looking for a new car company.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Got my '06 DSG Sport Packaged 2.0T A3 workhorse up to 42K miles and counting. No major problems to report.

In fact, I had just taken it in for it's first real unscheduled warranty repair.

The center stack armrest container stopped racheting correctly, and the latch broke on the arm rest storage bin lid (a common problem according to the service guy). Unfortunately, he took the position that they were doing me a favor repairing and replacing the whole arm rest assembly as he said Audi stuck them for the bill in denying warranty on the lid latch breaking!

Did Audi hire a former Chrysler worker? This is a terrible management decision if true.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • mylesmmylesm Member Posts: 1
    Just spent first cent on maintenance after passing the 48K mark.

30K on Goodyear F1 all season and they're roaring, though still handling nicely. P6s didn't make it past 25K before needing replaced. Next set will be Bridgestone RE960s - already have sets on '99 Passat and '02 Turbo S.

Best mileage was with the worn Pirellis, A/C on economy, early morning I26/I40 from Spartanburg to Knoxville, 60 -70 mph - 37.4 mpg. F1s have pretty high rolling resistance and took the normal 33.1 @ 78 mph to 31.8 mpg. Tires do make a difference.

Still just as much fun as when new and love the way it goes from practical, high mileage scenic cruiser to snarly, hard cornering, pocket rocket.
    Just before my 50K warranty was up (I'm now approaching 52K shortly), the battery died on me with complete failure; it wouldn't recharge and the only way to get the car started was to jump it even after driving 200 miles w/o stopping, and I did check to make sure the alternator was working properly. So the battery died on me in 35 months of use, at 49,000 miles or so.

Found out Audi doesn't cover the battery past 12K or 12 months, and that's a darn shame. Audi should be ashamed of themselves for that terrible managment decision. Again, I think they must of hired a former Chrysler employee who's advising them poorly on their warranty terms. I was angry that the battery wasn't AT LEAST covered on a PRO RATED basis, which is the bare minimum standard. So in 2005 they did, but in 2006 they decided to go cheap. Seems not a coincidence that as soon as they shorten the warranty, they start installing batteries that can't even last 3 years or 50,000 miles.

I know I got raped by the dealer, but installation and new battery cost me about $250! 1 hour of labor to install a battery>??? probably took them 10 minutes at most! and their labor rates in CA are astronomical. The actual battery cost of abotu $115 isn't too bad actually, considering the replacement does have a 4 year prorated warranty!
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • ls_jrls_jr Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I'm a newbie here so hope I am not posting in the wrong place!
    Has anybody had problems with the shift paddles on DSG equpped Audis?
    So our '06 A3 w/ the DSG has ~45k miles now. The up (right) paddle on the steering column became loose about 6 months ago so that you could not engage the next gear unless you flicked it towards you along the very bottom edge of the paddle. I figured we'd get it in at the 45k service and get it replaced before the warranty ran out - no need for an extra trip, right?
    About a week ago the paddle actually fell off with no prompting from us. Our dealership declined it as a warranty item first stating it was a plastic trim piece. When I pressed and got to the service manager he said as it had fallen off, it was due to our use / abuse and would not be covered. He further said if we had come in while it was still hanging loose it would of probably been covered(?!?). He quoted me ~$400 for the replacement.
    I contacted Audi Customer Care (not an accurate title in my opinion) regarding this. They took 24 hours to get back to me. When they did, they declined any assistance in the form of warranty repair or even a discount on the cost of the work. I would have accepted just about any peace offering just to see they were willing to listen and prperly respond. They too said it was due to our use.
    I asked if I could speak to a manager but they indirectly declined, saying there were managers there but only for administrative purposes and it would be of no use to talk with them.
    I have had 2 Audis, 3 VW's including a current 01 Passat and others have relied on my recommendation before purchasing similar rides. Next time I will not provide such glowing reviews and I am considering walking away from Audi the next time around. There are a lot of other quality manufacturers out there that stand behind their products better than Audi these days.

Oh yeah, also at this service we were told a leaking strut was not a warranty item and they proposed a ~$400 estimate for that too. Some other quality issues are a chronic check engine light (cleared by software usually but now have replaced a damper motor and something about intake runners); finish has peeled of the window switches, CV boot failed spewing grease everywhere; sun shade latch has fallen apert 4 times (which they've continued to replace).

Sorry to rant - just very frustrated by this bad experience. Thanks for listening and if I have posted in the wrong place, lemme know.
    Cheers
    LS_jr
  • largelarge Member Posts: 4
    I just got my 2009 A3 1 month ago today and I am very disapointed. I have a white one with the S-line and Open Sky package. I purchased the car and noticed a strange noise every time the car shifted gears. At first I thought it was cheap gas, because it had a pinging noise. I called the dealership where I purchased it from and asked them what octane gas they put in it, and they said premium. I told them about the noise and they said they have never heard of this before. I told them I was going to feel the tank again and put in premium myself and see if it makes the same noise. So I filled the tank and the noise was still happening, so I told the dealership and they said to take it in to the nearest Audi dealership to fix the problem. I took the car to Audi of Mission Viejo and they said they cannot detect the noise I was describing. I asked if I could go on for a drive with the tech and they said yes. I went for a drive with the tech and he heard the noise I was referring to and he said that it is best described as a burp in-between gear shifts. He also said that the type of transmission they put in the A3 makes the exhaust have this noise. Lou also said that the 2006 & 2007’s used to make the noise twice as loud and to fix it they were replacing the exhaust. Audi sys they are not willing to do anything to fix it and that the noise is normal for the car. Does anyone else here this on their A3's?
    I believe you with Audi USA, they treated me like crap on my new A3 and it only has 400 miles on it. I just posted that my A3 makes a strange noise between every gear. They said it is a natural noise and there is nothing they can or will do about it. I have the New Motor Vehicle Board involved right now. I wish I never bought this car. I should have stuck with Infiniti.
    My 2009 A3 has 1035 miles and I already hate it and I am going to put it up for sale and lose the money that I put down on it. I am a big car guy and this is the first time ever that I want to get rid of a car in the first month of ownership.
    Very dissapointed!!!
    Didn't you bother to test-drive the vehicle you ended up buying?

Why would you buy something in a condition where you couldn't live with it for even a few months?

Do other A3's make the same noise, that would be the fair way to resolve this dispute with Audi. Compare yours to other A3's, if they sound the same, then Audi is right, if they don't, then you are right and Audi is wrong.
    Follow up - at 12,000 miles wouldn't turn over on the first time during the winter. I got rid of it. Now happily driving a Subaru. :lemon:
    I test drove a used 08 because the dealer did not have any 09's at the time. I did not hear the noise in the 08 because the sales rep and I were talking the whole time. I did like the way it drove and called another dealer and did the deal on the phone and just picked it up after the dealing was done. I should have drove the one I bought, but I didn't. It had 5 miles on it when I bought it. I am going to go test drive a couple of other A3's and see if they make the same noise. I just wish Audi would replace the exhaust system.
  • zeketorontozeketoronto Member Posts: 1
    I've got an '09 A3 2.0T DSG with everything except quattro and nav. I couldn't be happier. Just had the first service done at 8000kms and couldn't think of a single thing to complain about. Even my dealer experience has been exemplary.

The A3 is a very deceptive car ... small enough to make darting in and out of inner-city traffic and squeezing into tight parking spaces easy, but heavy enough--and with a sufficiently airy cabin--that you feel like you're in a much larger car on the freeway. I also like the fact that, although it's small, it's very well equipped and nicely appointed. When you spend a lot of time stuck in traffic, you really appreciate a good interior, some toys and a nice sound system.

Fuel economy has averaged mid 20s (miles per American gallon) in mixed, but spirited driving. On the highway I've maxed at 30 (with cruise control on 75mph). The Continental tires have been quiet and the fronts showed no signs of wear when they got rotated during the first service. That surprised me a bit, considering how difficult it is to take off from a standing start using any amount of throttle without hearing from them.

The only way I can see to improve this car would be to add the quattro system, which would help avoid the inevitable torque steer of a high-powered front-wheel driver. But despite owing AWD Subies and Audis in the past, since my A3's primary function is as a city car, I just couldn't justify the extra expense.
  • schlaglochschlagloch Member Posts: 1
    Well its no longer quite new -- it has almost 12k miles on it.

The faster I drive the better gas mileage I get -- highway I average over 32mpg (not quite the
    same as a diesel) -- and that is with a quatro. (I used to get 20 max on my 97 A4 2.8 quatro).

Car handles great, accelerates great.

Issues
    1 - Its now consuming 1.5quarts oil every 5k miles. dealer says I should feel lucky its not using 1 quart per 1700 miles which is the manufacturer spec -- I have a hard time believing this ... As a courtesy deal fills up my oil when the light comes on!

2 - At highway speeds I could hear a noise rushing noise coming from the driver window area.
    after repeated attempts to fix it, the noise now has become a whistling sound. Dealer first
    said I should increase the radio volume (which did not overshadow the noise). We are now
    replacing the mirror assembly for the 2nd time.

3 - climate control works weird when AC is enabled and outside temp is less than inside setting.
    I have a hard time believing this ... As a courtesy deal fills up my oil when the light comes on!

Do not wait till the oil light comes on!!! That is abuse. I believe it only comes on when you are two full quarts low!

Check your oil, the dipstick tells you if your .1 to 1.0 quart low. Add as required. These are High Performance vehicles, do not neglect.
  • pathy04pathy04 Member Posts: 27
    After several years i bought this A3 TDI.Its my first diesel as well. I love it, i thought 140hp may not be sufficient and with the whole family uphill/downhill drives into the Sierra went well effortlessly. i beleive the high-torque compensates for it

i have few questions if anyone can guide me
    (1) while in S or D when it approaches to a stop it kind of jerks(as if i am applying breaks harlly). all i'm doing is just ease the foot of the gas pedal. is this normal?
    i tried with the s-tronic "+" and "-" as a test to drive around and the results are the same

(2) is there an option to set the Navigation(map screen) as the default or like a home-page when the ignition is on, also how can i eject the DVD out of the navigation to play my normal cd's?

(3) is there a 3M/clear-bra pre-cut protection for Just Head-lights?

(4) the Audi-site and the sticker says 17" 10 spoke design for all premium-plus model, but i have only a 5 spoke wheel. i have not called in the dealer yet and i do not want to embarrass myself before verifying the info

(5) which brand ULS Disel is good for this vehicle, is there any particular brand that is consistently performs better

(6) also i wanted a all-weather floor mats, but i got a black carpeted one (which is un-opened /un-packed), would anyone be interested in?

Thanks