Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe: Changes You'd Like To See

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited May 2014 in Pontiac
Time to break out your wish list of ideas you have for improving the Pontiac Vibe!

Comments

• repoman1repoman1 Member Posts: 64
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/10/12/spied-redesigned-2008-pontiac-vibe/

Spy photographers have snapped some photos of the 2008 Pontiac Vibe. While similar in size to the current Pontiac Vibe, the new model has a more slanted windshield and rear window. The beltline is higher, resulting in shorter side windows, and the overall stance looks lower. A peek inside through the side window gives a glimpse of chrome ringed instrument gages, round A/C vent outlets, and a silver painted area just to the right of the instrument cluster, all carry-over design elements of the current Vibe. The slanted antenna mounted in the center of the roof near the rear, plus the small XM radio antenna also mounted towards the rear but on the passenger side, once again are similar to the current Vibe.

The current Vibe has been on the market since January of 2001, and has had only minor styling updates since then. And the word in Detroit is that an all-new Vibe will be released for the 2008 model year. The one prototype on steel wheels appears to be a standard model, while the other car has sporty alloy wheels with low profile tires, and aerodynamic lower body sill extensions with a scoop just in front of the rear wheels, indicating that this is a high-performance sports model. Gallery after the jump…
  • pecclespeccles Member Posts: 52
    Direct gas injection 1.8/2.0L
    Direct gas injection 2.4L
    6 speed manual trans
    5/6 speed auto trans
    StabiliTrak available with manual trans
    Stereo head unit with iPod/MP3 player integration
    HID headlamps as an option
  • lelaho23lelaho23 Member Posts: 2
    ABS Standard.
    More sound insulation up front.
    More pep out of the engine would be great.
    ...other than that it's near perfect.
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    I just traded my 2003 Vibe for a 2007. The 2003 had a couple of minor irritations, but obviously nothing to keep me from buying another one. Those irritations have all been addressed in the 2007. The only thing I would change in the 2007 is to go back to the double layer center console storage box that my 2003 had.
  • ifrcertmanifrcertman Member Posts: 1
    I would like to see more options that a bigger vehicle would have. I just stepped down from a 05 Trailblazer. That was nice but I was driving 100miles round trip to work. Gas Prices!!!
    I miss things like: Steering wheel adjustments for radio volume/station change. Heated seats. I would have paid for both on my new 07 Vibe if they were available. Something simple, how about a compass or better yet, Optional GPS. Regardless, I think the small car market is going to be very competitive and the one with the most toys (options) available, WINS.
    Like the car.
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Have an 05 Base W/Auto that I really love. Would however, like to have a nicer seat.
  • plowboy1plowboy1 Member Posts: 3
    Never to use Goodyear Eagle RS-A

A uncontrollable tire on ice.... will never buy another car that has them OEM.
    I checked out Tire Rack after I almost lost control twice in one day. The entire world knows these are _ _ _ _ .... why doesn't Pontiac?
  • bills350bills350 Member Posts: 2
    Pontiac needs to add a remote start to the 2009 models. Its available on the Matrix.
  • randoonrandoon Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to disable the "interior illuminated entry with delay" feature of my 2009 Pontiac Vibe. Is this possible? Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
This discussion has been closed.