Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe Suspension Questions

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited May 2014 in Pontiac
Have an issue or question about the suspension on your Vibe? This is the place to ask about it.

Comments

• ctdetctdet Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased a 2005 Base Model 5 Speed Salsa Vibe a couple weeks ago. Since last week I noticed that to go straight I have to have the steering wheel turned slightly to the right. In other words if I am on a flat straight rode and let go of the wheel the car steers to the left.

Is this a problem others have experienced? What could be the issue? Anything I should do or check out with the car or should I just take it back to Pontiac Service? Is something like this covered under the warranty?

Thanks,

Mike
    Waukesha WI
  • infinia1infinia1 Member Posts: 174
    alignment is covered under warranty until 7500 miles. after that, it is considered a maintanence item. this is per the gm warranty booklet that comes with all gm owner's manuals.
  • roy15roy15 Member Posts: 16
    I just got off the phone with dealer he says the bushing shim kit needed to do 4 wheel alignment on my 04 vibe is nationally back ordered. All the tread on half of each rear tire is gone. I guess I'll call pontiac headquarters I should have known better than to buy a GM car
  • scrappydscrappyd Member Posts: 27
    Though you already know this. Maybe this site and the Tech bullentin will help with the issue. I'm having mine checked just in case. Don't forget to ck spare though it's alot smaller.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/results.cfm

Make : PONTIAC Model : VIBE Year : 2005
    Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
    Service Bulletin Num : 3801 Date of Bulletin: JAN 01, 1901
    NHTSA Item Number: 10018911
    Component: TIRES
    Technical Service Bulletins Summary

Make: PONTIAC
    Model: VIBE
    Year: 2005
    Type: ANY
    Service Bulletin Number: 3801
    NHTSA Item Number: 10018911
    Summary Description:
    PREMATURE OR IRREGULAR REAR TIRE WEAR. *TT :sick:
  • roy15roy15 Member Posts: 16
    Re. to 701
    Thank you scrappy d I had not checked on a bulletin for this problem. Knowledge is power. When we first got the car A/c became impaired they tried a quick fix(weld I think) when that didn't work I notified saleswoman I bought from & she got them to install a new compressor & provide a free rental car. She no longer works at the dealers.
    We have an ongoing problem the gas tank will not fill quickly there is a bulletin on this they tried to repair but no go. This one I chose to live with I must choose my battles.
    Roy15
  • bocoppbocopp Member Posts: 1
    I need to replace the hub assebly. I have taken the thing apart, after much work, but now have a different problem. In the process of disassembly I broke the rear bolt that holds the rear spindle to the control arm. ( I have since found that I didn't even need to remove that bolt, but it's too late now). This bolt has two cam nuts for adjusting the wheel alignment, one on each end. I now need the bolt, and the bushing for that part of the spindle. I can't find it anywhere in any online catalogs, nor at the autoparts stores. Is this a dealer item? Am I using the corect terms? I would really like to get this car back on the road.
This discussion has been closed.