Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes Benz R-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    Very strange. The car was serviced at 630 miles. Normally the first service is around 10,000 miles. It means - it had problem. And Service Dept fixed it, and 1,000 miles later Dealership bought this car back.
    I suggest to stay away from this car. You can also call to MB of South Orlando and ask Service manager on what happened. The phone# is in Carfax report. Tell him you are thinking to buy this car and asking for a truthful advice. He can pull the info by the VIN #.
    Maybe there is a good explanation - who knows?
  • bc14bc14 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a CDI with similar mileage. If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for the vehicle?
  • saytokensaytoken Member Posts: 5
    No I have not purchased the car yet, will do some more research first.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,109
    CarFax is somehow a little hard to decipher and convoluted... Looks to me like they possibly put this car in their loaner fleet.... Maybe there was some sort of incentive from Mercedes to do so... The 2nd entry for the DMV could have just been permanent plates, with the 1st one being the temporary tags... (just guessing.... more likely than a buyback).

I also wouldn't consider it unusual that a car is serviced in the first 1000 miles.. Plenty of things might not get caught during the pre-delivery inspection...

I wouldn't let this CarFax put me off the vehicle... but, if it's at a Mercedes dealership, just ask them to see the vehicle history... That will show the service records and anything else of interest...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

MB Financials just came up with Summer Special Deals. Particularly, R-Class finance special rates are prolonged up to 66 months. R-Class lease specials are extended until August 2nd. You can see all the specials in full details here: Mercedes-Benz Summer Specials. Also, you can see the breakdown of what changed from May to June.
  • dragongzdragongz Member Posts: 19
    Ready to buy. Just waiting for biggest incentive. Any suggestion!!!!! Thank you!!!!!
    If you want to buy/finance (I assume you're looking for R-Class) - then I wouldn't wait any longer. You can get 1.9 % APR for up to 66 months. Basically you save thousands of dollars if you finance.
    If you're looking to lease, then I would probably wait for 2011 model, because it will have much better residual value, so it will probably lease better than 2010, plus it looks awesome. 2011 model will be released next month in July.
  • dragongzdragongz Member Posts: 19
    I will buy the R350. So still wait for the cash incentive for 2010 model. Any advise? Thank you!!
  • jasonwipfjasonwipf Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    Got a 08 R320 CDI diesel 22kmi. FULLY loaded (only minus keyless entry, 7th seat and all the sports rack junk). Got from Carmax for $39K, trade in value for this model was $37K, Private $40.2 and Retail $43. And it was in impeccable condition. Carmax treated me very well (no snake oil salesmanship BS) and with a price below private sale value, so I was game.

I went to a few Mercedes Benz dealers and some were good, some very money grubbingly bad and what they were passing off as certified pre-owned was sometimes a joke. Do not be afraid to call them out on stuff. Be meticulous. I flew from Houston, TX to Columbus, OH to test drive one Certified Pre-owned that the dealer was beaming about, yet it had cat hair & dirt throughout, fast food oil stains, cracked ipod plug, missing fasteners, crooked steering wheel, torn panoramic roof fabric and scary low milage on the test drive (17mpg vs. 23mpg from all my other test drives, mixed city and hwy). ALL in the same car. Then the sales man shrugged his shoulders and tried assuring me it was in fabulous shape and was offended at the notion that all of those things weren't completely normal and I would be lucky to buy it RIGHT NOW!.......BU BYE! Mind you this was the biggest and nicest MB dealer ship I had ever seen too, not some hole in the wall small town dealership.

got a ticket to Atlanta, GA next day and purchased a real cherry from Carmax of all people.

FYI: Cars.com had the best search parameters for me.
  • coupdevillcoupdevill Member Posts: 4
    Does anybody have their residual price on 2007 and or 2008 R320 CDI? Or better yet, do you know what lease returns are selling for at Manheim?

Looking to buy a 2007 or 2008 R320 CDI with mileage below 50K and just trying to get another reference along with TMV.

coup
  • stephem3stephem3 Member Posts: 7
    We are about 8 months away from our certified pre-owned warranty expiring and I really like this car and plan to hold onto it for a while. However, I've already seen a few things that could add up in the maintenance category. I have about 50k on the car, what would I expect to pay from the dealer for an extended warranty plan?
  • ven7782ven7782 Member Posts: 31
    Edmunds TMV for 2010 R350 base shows 40K which is 5K below invoice. Is it true or some kind of error? In that case I am considering putting an offer for a used 2008 R 350 which has 10K miles on it for around 30K. Dealer is asking 40K. Is it a reasonable price? Any comments, help, tips would be appreciated.
    I am in pretty much the same situation, have an 06 R350 and am going to lose coverage in Feb '11. My wife just asked the dealer today and was quoted $4800 for 4 years/40k miles. That seems steep. Even worse, the warranty has to start in Oct, or else we have to pay extra! WTF, so we either buy a warranty starting in Oct or we have to pay about $500 more if we buy it in Feb. BTW, you dont want to wait until the warranty has expired, then it's an extra $1500.

Curious what others have paid, $4.8k seems steep. Is this negotiable, I figure the dealer must have some profit built in to this. If so, can we shop around to different dealers or is it best to try to lean on the sales person who sold us the car?
  • bmwgal3bmwgal3 Member Posts: 15
    I emailed several dealerships for warranty prices, and was surprised to see a wide variation in prices.. I bought the cheapest one from a dealership 400 miles away, and have had no issues getting everything covered with it at my local dealership.
  • mansab69mansab69 Member Posts: 3
    i am comparing (2010 - New) LR4 V6 4ltr engine with 2009 (pre-Owned 5.5K KM) MB R350 4 Matic.

Should i go for the MB or an LR?

Need urgent reply as i need to decide the fate by tomorrow.
    regards
    Thanks for the suggestion bmwgal3, my wife called a range of the WA and OR MB dealers and we already have shaved $1200 off the price our dealer wanted AND bumped coverage up to 60k miles (as opposed to only 40k). Will move on to CA next and then start playing a few guys off each other. Best person so far was at the dealership Eugene, OR who worked to beat other offers and is now the best deal we have. 4 yrs/60k miles for $3600. My guess is that there is still some room to shave it down.
  • williewywilliewy Member Posts: 3
    Thought I would share my buying experience with the board.
    R350 2010, P1, Heated Seats, Parktronic, DVD Pre-Wiring, Pano Sunroof
    42,995 on MSRP of $57k+
    Closed deal last day of the month. I think I got a good deal. Beautiful car.
  • agrawalagrawal Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2010
    what was actual MSRP, any fleet discount deducted in this deal, was a demo? or any miles on the car? color? diesel or Gas, I am also looking for a R class diesel, which dealership did you buy it from?
  • williewywilliewy Member Posts: 3
    $57,605
    $1,000 Fleet Discount
    Gas
    Boston area Dealership
  • ramssaranramssaran Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2010
    Guys,

I got an offer for $48500 and the original MSRP was 62K. Is this a good deal on 2010 R 350 with 100 miles on it?
    Sound s good to me when you can get 13500 off the sticker.
    I completed the deal today. This was the best offer I got out of 7 offers. I was looking for Acura MDX, Audi Q7, Odyssey but finally settled down with R350.
  • want3rowswant3rows Member Posts: 2
    Which dealer did you get it from?
    I'm in the northeast and haven't been able to locate a 2010. Edmunds inventory not accurate.
    Any other way to see what's truly out there?
    edited November 2010
    Mercedes Benz of Chicago

Here is the story. The dealer took $1000 deposit over the phone yesterday and I was going to pick up the wagon tomorrow but today afternoon he called me and said the wagon was damaged and I will locate a different one. After a few hours he came back and said that he could offer me a car which is identical to the one I bought and it was used one with 14k miles on it for the same price and 100k warranty for 5 years.

When I asked him yesterday, he told me it only has single digit miles on it. I strongly believe he did not tell me the true mileage earlier and when I asked him for the mileage specifically this morning he came back with this story.

Mercedes Benz of Chicago. Guys be careful when you deal with these type of dealers. I never thought a reputable dealer could do such things.

Anyways, I do have a couple of similar offers from different dealers and will be finalizing one soon.
  • want3rowswant3rows Member Posts: 2
    Sheesh.. sorry to hear that.

Please update when you get your new car. I think I might look into a CPO 2008 if I can't find a new 2010.
    I have offers from 2 dealers for 10k under invoice but I am specifically looking for color and a 7 seat option.
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2010
    let me tell you about Mercedes benz of Chicago...

they are one of the dirtiest dealerships I've ever dealt with, i think crooks. Last year, I gave them 1k deposit on a Mercedes GL320 bluetec, it also had a 10k rebate at the time, we settled on 17k off sticker. Was going to drive up on weekend and do paperwork, drive the car home to michigan.

Saturday morning, I get a call, saying my car (the one with deposit....was "accidenttaly sold"....YEA RIGHT!!). they clearly knew i didn't believe a word of it. but he said, I can get you a car, same one, no problem.... I drove the 4hours. I get there, sure....same car......a year old......with 9k miles. I asked why he failed to mention the mileage and it being USED. he said..."it looked new, thought you'd be fine with it".

Got back in my car.....went to a different dealer...30minutes later, had a new benz. that afternoon, I wrote a letter to Illinois Attorney General and also BBB. Never heard from anyone....but I did contact my MI Attorney General, got a reponse in 2 days. Saying they will speak to IL office on mybelf, and even followed up with me 1 month later, saying IL office is not being helpful. So be careful guys........ I hate MB of chicago.
    edited November 2010
    Did anyone buy 2011 R350 recently? I got an offer for $1700 under invoice. It does not look like a good deal to me.
    edited November 2010
    2010 offer was good till 1st of Nov. I think you got little late to nail the deal. MB did not offer big incentive this year as they did last couple of years, reason very good year for MB. MB sales are up by almost 22%. 2011 cars under invoice is good deal since no cash incentive from MB if you can get special APR with that. Good luck.
    edited November 2010
    I am confused with these three options below. I currently have good offers for these three models but wanting to see which one is better in terms of reliability, mileage and cost factor.

2008 R320 CDI - 22K miles - 38K plus TTL has extended warranty for 100,000 miles up to 2013 April (P2 Package) - MSRP 58K

2010 R350 Bluetec - 8k miles - 44K plus TTL and the original factory warranty up to 2014 June (P1 package) - MSRP is 61K

2010 R350 (gas) – 6K miles – 43K plus TTL and the original factory warranty up to Sep 2014 (P2 package with lots of nice options) - MSRP $62K

Please let me know what you guys think.
  • justlookin8justlookin8 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Boston area too. Are you able to be more specific on the dealership? I've been looking at 2008 CPO R350s, but it sounds like there are some good deals to be made on a newer model. Thanks.
    edited November 2010
    I purchased one a few of days ago with 8100 miles on it. It was a MB representative's demo crossover and got a good deal.

MSRP was $61305 and the sale price was $43700($17605 off of MSRP). The mileage was awesome too. In highways the average was 22.5
  • mbr350_4maticmbr350_4matic Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2010
    2 yr old 2008, 39.6K miles R350 AWD, P2 package, 19 inch alloy wheels, sports package, heated package, panoramic sun roof, navigation, ipod package, chrome inserts

Its a CPO so it has warranty till 2013 or 100K miles (whichever is earlier). I purchased extended warranty.

But sale price was $30,900. Tried for 28K-$30K but dealer would not budge. Threw in a 3.19% APR 60 month financing deal and free all weather mats.
    I think that was a good price. I got 2.64 APR for 60 months.
    Thanks ramssaran for the feedback. If anyone else has feedback pls feel to reply to the 2008 R350 4MATIC - $30,900 post
    Hi ramssaran,

can you tell me where you got 2.64 for 60 months? i might refinance.
    Bank Of America.
    Thats great. Thanks. When I look at their (BofA) website the best they have is 3.49% for 60 months. Any ideas how I can get the apr you got
    I got pre approval on Oct 30th, 2010 and at that time the rate was very low but now they increased it to 2.99 for a new car. Please see below for my pre approval message from BOA as of Oct 30th.

Also, my dealer said BOA is one of their preferred banks and asked me to go through them instead of going through the bank directly and I agreed. That was the reason why I got 1% less than my current offer.

Anyways, the dealer already pulled your credit report, so it does not hurt to apply with BOA to see how much you get.

Congratulations! You're approved for an Auto Loan. You're approved for the following offers.
    Loan Amount Vehicle Term APR1 as Low As
    $50,000.00 Used 36 months 2.95%
    $50,000.00 New 36 months 2.75%
    $50,000.00 Used 60 months 2.85%
    $50,000.00 New 60 months 2.65%
    $50,000.00 Used 72 months 3.73%
    $50,000.00 New 72 months 3.43%
  • manigopimanigopi Member Posts: 17
    Thats a good deal. Is this Diesel or Gas? I am looking for diesel. Any reason why I should be swayed away from Diesel? I am on the wall for Odyssey and this one. Have owned Bimmer but not sure if I can trust MB! Please advice :-)
    I was also interested in Diesel earlier but changed my mind after I talked with a few people.

For models 2009 and above, you need to fill ad blue and this would cost you around $250 to $300 per year and also there are some additional charges during maintenance for diesel engines. So, you are looking at $400 per year additional expenses for diesel than Gas. Diesels give 5 miles more than the gas engines, so I did not think I could save money with Diesels.

Again, this is what I was told, so it may be wrong. If you are planning to buy 2008 CDI then there is no ad blue for those engines and you should go for a diesel. But definitely there is a huge difference in driving the R350 and the Odyssey believe me. (I drove my friends Odyssey a few times and test drove a 2011 model as well)
    Thanks for the advice Ram. How do you like your new R? Also, do you miss the sliding doors of a minivan? Thoughts? Would appreciate if you can IM me (if there is anything like that here). gmak169 at yahoo
    edited November 2010
    I love it. I never owned a minivan to answer whether I missed the sliding door or not. It's depends on how do you like it. I did not see any problem with the big doors so far in my R350. I guess the automated sliding doors are cool too in Odyssey but I like the ride and comfort in R350.
    manigopi, the price is for a gas model not diesel
    thanks. How does the MB CPO compare to that of BMW? I had a BMW CPO that came with additional 2 yrs and 100K coverage. The bumper to bumper was phenomenal. I guess MB is 12 months and I have to pay extra for more coverage?
    Does anyone know if the 2008s have 'curve illuminating' Xenons/HID? Or is it available only in later models?
    Hello MBr, pretty useful info here. I am begining to be a R class convert from Odyssey. I see a 208 P2 listed for 36K 25K miles. What was the original price quoted to you before you got it down to 30K? That will be very useful for me to bring the price down.
  • joninpajoninpa Member Posts: 4
    Hi. I see that there are a few questions on this debate about which one of the two. I have an 08 Odyssey full loaded with the run flats (current mileage 20k). It's a lease which is due next summer. I started looking whether to replace it or keep it and the R is on my shortlist. My wife on the other hand wishes to keep the Honda but here's my two cents that I want to share. I believe the Odyssey has an inherent model mfg defect with the alignment and here is why: (1) I get increased road vibration in the steering wheel at speeds excess of 55mph. The road vibration is present in a steering wheel shimmy. I had brought it to the dealer three times within a month period after the 1st tire rotation. They did all sorts of 'rebalancing' and 'forced road tests' but couldn't correct the problem until they replaced one of the tires as it couldn't be balanced. Of course, in the process they scuffed and chipped two rims which they fixed. Nevertheless, it did correct the problem. However, this fall this shimmy or wobbling has returned. (2) The car leans/pulls to the left and it isn't just me. My neighbors' Odysseys without the runflats have the same misalignment issue. In addition, there is a whole forum on this issue on Edmunds. Nevertheless, I am not sure if the new 2011 may have corrected this problem but honestly my confidence in Honda is already shot. It looks like for the new model they did away with the run flats. So here's my two cents on this matter. I myself have to read up on the R and see what problems may be afoot with it. Nothing is perfect but before I had the Honda I had a 2004 BMW 330ci and and a 2006 X3 which never posed any problems. I have been told by the Honda techs at the dealership that it's a problem with the Michelin run flats. I doubt it as BMW and MB have run flats on their vehicles. So they could blow smoke elsewhere as I wasn't born yesterday.
  • 2008r3502008r350 Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2010
    Got my 2008 R350 CPO w/ 23301 miles for $30750 :) (listed sale price 34900)

Hoehen Merc, Carlsbad, CA
    5 yr/100k bumper2bumper warranty
    Majestic Black/Macadami MBTex,
    P1, Panaromic roof, Liftgate, Heated front seats, Parktronic (without camera), Power Liftgate, iPod int kit, 6CD Chgr in glove box, Hands free voice ctrl,
    7 seat (second row mid) , Cargo Cover.

Traded 2004 Odyssey /w 74k miles for $7000. :)
    Down payment : $5k
    BOA pre-app: 3.12% 60 months for used cars.
    Dealer broke BofA rate by 0.5 points - and got 2.59% for 60 months. :)
    that was a great deal. Congrats, 2008r350