Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes Benz R-Class Prices Paid

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
edited May 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
Tell us about your R-Class purchase!!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• cary28cary28 Member Posts: 53
    Smythe European of San Jose, CA had a couple of R500s in Black/Black combination about 1 month ago. You may want to check with them to see if they are still available.

Cary
  • gtligtli Member Posts: 27
    Found one at Vegas dealer's cousin in So Cal. Being driven to me as I post. R500 blk/blk, MSRP 63,500. $13,700 one pay lease, 12k, 24 mos. Back and forth with sales guy over term me insisting on 27, he insisting 24 better. Did I do ok?
  • martinfmartinf Member Posts: 121
    What was the "selling price" of the vehicle? i.e., how much off MSRP did you get? The deal sounds pretty close to rock bottom.
    Regarding the 24 vs 27 month issue, the value of the 27 month lease is that the residual value of the vehicle is the same for either term, so you only pay additional interest for the additional three months. I did the same thing (went with a 24 month/10,000 mile per year lease, actually), on a Thursday, and the dealership agreed with virtually no hesitation the following Monday to revise my lease term to 27 month/12,000 mile per year for about $1100 more for both the additional mileage and the additional 3 months (a 1% residual cost or about $600 and a $500 additional interest charge). I would try to do the same thing that I did and I can't imagine that you will face too much resistance
  • gtligtli Member Posts: 27
    MSRP $63,575. Cap cost $51,525,one pay $13,700, plus $399 to drive it to Vegas from Newport Beach.

Great service from CA, their sister dealership here in town has rocks for brains, terrible service.

I was a live one, approved for tier one credit on Thursday.Told 'em exactly what I wnated, 48 hours later, they hadn't started to look. Called their newport Beach store, 3 hours later, while in the dealership here in town waiting for the sales guy to explain why he had not found a car for me, the other guys called and in about 4 mins we cut a deal.

Think will take your advice and go for the 27 months. Thanks for the guidance.
  • ravinjravinj Member Posts: 2
    Please let me know if this is a good deal for $46,400 (including destination, excluding title and taxes). Dealer has only one left.

2006 R350 in Black with these options

- Parktronic
    - Rear seat entertainment system
    - Premium sound package with DVD navigation
    - comfort package with heated seats, driver and pass seat with memory, power folding mirrors, sirius radio.
  • stephanekoenigstephanekoenig Member Posts: 3
    CA Mercedes dealer.

2006 R500
    Black/ Macadamia Leather
    18" Wheels
    317 Comfort Package
    318 Trim Package
    320 Entertainment Package
    324 Sunroof Package
    MSRP: $60,630
    Lease option: 27 months, 12K miles per year, $4,999 drive off the 26 monthly payments @ $370 plus fee's "tax" = $399.99 monthly.
    Residual: $40623

Had only Tier 2 credit though so it pushed the prices up to $469 pm + $5000 drive away. I'm new in the USA so they wanted tons of information about where I had been.

~ Steph
    Excellent deal! What was your discount from MSRP and what was the name of the dealership? (Posting the dealership name is both helpful and encouraged)
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    ok, so my mother drives our new R500 last week and now she wants one too.

no doubt i m going right back to the internet manager at WI Simonson.

But before I do, can anyone confirm that the lay of the land is still the same this month??
  • wopelwopel Member Posts: 92
    And while you're answering that question - has anyone bought a R320? If so, how did that go? I have one dealer who does not charge extra for the diesel.
  • wopelwopel Member Posts: 92
    I should have mentioned EuroMotorCars in Bethesda, MD is the dealer who doesn't charge extra for diesels.
  • brianintnbrianintn Member Posts: 7
    Just got a great deal on a R350...Love the car, great ride....

Dealer was great, it was really a "no haggle" (Invoice -)deal...The $7k factory to dealer cash really pushed the payment down when coupled with the high residual (66%) and low money factor (.0025)....Great car...If you are looking for a great deal grab one before all the 06' models are gone. Granted the 07's have a slightly lower MSRP but if you are leasing a 06' is the way to go.......
  • odyssey3odyssey3 Member Posts: 3
    The trim in Canada is different from USA - although MB's brochure states premium package, etc, but the dealer ship selling the R class via LP - Launch Packages. For R500, it basically includes Base Package, Sport Package and Top Package.

The BASE PKG covers Air suspension, Parktronic, Multicontour front seats, Panorama Roof, rear audio control, GPS, Harman / Kardon upgraded sound system, 2nd row heated seats, and Keyless Go. Asking price CAD$88400, but dealer sell for CAD$65000.

The TOP PKG covers all above PLUS 2nd row center console, 3 zone automatic climate & rare seat colimate control, and power tailgate. Not a lot more but power tailgate of course comes in handy. Asking price CAD$94300, but dealer sell for CAD$72000.

NOTE it is all CAD$, which is about 10% lower than US$. But tax in Canada is 16%, really painful. For 2006 left over models, the dealer are willing to offer even less......

However even the TOP PCKG does not include rear seat entertainment system. I am considering to get an aftermarket model which is much cheaper......
  • aleksisaaleksisa Member Posts: 11
    hi all, happy thanksgiving everyone :)

What are your thoughts on the following?:
    07 R350 with Pewter/Black MB Tex. With [P01] Package, [R44] 17" Wheel Package, 873 Heated Front Seats
    MSRP $49,400, willing to sale for 45,400...

Appreciate the input,
    Greg (Maryland)
  • larwil324larwil324 Member Posts: 18
    Hi; This appears to be well below the invoice of $46,496. What dealership is this?
    Thanks
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    I see according to Edmunds that Mercedes is offering ten grand cash to dealers on the 2006 R Class, as well as 4.9 financing for as much as 66 months. Is there any difference between the 2006 and 2007 models? Any major mechanical mods or improvments? Any reason to go for a 2007 instead of the 2006?
    hmm...Edmunds show invoice of 45.9K..
    Anyway, it's MB of Hagerstown, MD...I'm still working on the price..
  • larwil324larwil324 Member Posts: 18
    You were right, I used the invoice from carsdirect which I guess is not that accurate. Thanks for the info and good luck on your purchase.
    and now R&H (in Owings Mills, MD) "wants" to sell R350 (Pwt, P1, Heated Sts) for 44.8K ....
  • eastoncarguyeastoncarguy Member Posts: 29
    I am not having much luck finding R350s on the lot, at least not equipped the way I would like and even when I do the dealers in this area are really not all that interested in making a deal.
  • balancesheetbalancesheet Member Posts: 25
    Is this an "invoice" priced car? Anyone got lower than invoice price? I might buy this car if I can get below invoice. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • quemfalaquemfala Member Posts: 107
    Is anyone buying these cars??? An attempt was made to buy a car in South Florida -- all dealers had the same pitch; sounded like a broken record, until realization set in and the knowledge that most of the dealers were "AutoNation". So, you can't move from dealer to dealer, because they're all under the same ownership. Anyway, here was the situation there, nothing available for the specs required; take what we have or --- nothing! How about ordering one? O.K., but we can't give you a price until it comes in. Sounds terrific! A $60,000 + purchase and no guarantee of what you'll pay when it arrives. If, and that was a BIG "IF", they would even order it.

Next step, go out of town; find a dealer in a small town to order the car. That happened, promised it in mid-march, now it's to be late April, but said he'd call to see what could be done. Two days past his promised call date, and we find out the salesman went on vacation -- forget about calling the customer. Talked with the sales manager. "Wait" he says, "let me see what's going on". These cars are very scarce, he says, as a matter of fact I just checked and there are only 3 R500's on the boat coming to the U.S. THREE!!!! for the entire U.S.!!!

Of course, how does one know if the info is correct? But this transaction isn't even about the purchase price, it's about getting the car! Either M-B can't or doesn't want to sell these things, or nobody is buying them and they won't manufacture any to put in inventory.

So, can anyone tell me, after this long tale of woe, where are the R500's???? Has anyone bought any in any significant numbers? Are they a disaster and destined to go the way of the Edsel? Or, does anyone know where to go to see a selection of the vehicles?

There's a $60,000.00, plus check out here waiting to be spent!

Next step
  • readyalreadyreadyalready Member Posts: 22
    What I was told by a dealer was that Mercedes switched production resources from the R500 to the GL450 which has been selling like hotcakes. The R500 has only had poor sales, so it only makes sense. I don't think we'll see the screaming deals of a few months ago at the end of this year because there just won't be the extra inventory. I think there are plenty of R350s around and a few R320s.

If you really want an R500 then I would be casting a wider net. I'd check the Atlanta dealers and google 2007 mercedes r500 inventory or in stock and see if there are any near.
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    The MB dealer in Fort Myers, FL on Route 41 has a white R 350 CDI diesel in stock with a list price of about $47,000. It has leather an I think GPS.
  • helenlawhelenlaw Member Posts: 1
    There are a bunch in the Dallas area of 350s and 500s - check out Ewing in Plano, TX - Larry Reeg.
  • 05duramax05duramax Member Posts: 10
    Got virtually this same offer for an 07 R350 at the dealership in Columbia, South Carolina. Are you happy with the vehicle? Thanks.
  • kjostkjost Member Posts: 4
    Interesting that the sales manager says the R500s are on a boat and there are only three for the US.
    They're made in Alabama along with the M and GL classes. These are not German cars in the real sense, any more than a Camry from Tennessee (or wherever they're making them now)is a Japanese car. I believe on the sticker on the R says 20% content from Germany.
  • vtraudtvtraudt Member Posts: 52
    Is there a good place to find the invoice price of a car?

Volker
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Right here on Edmunds.com!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• matcarolmatcarol Member Posts: 3
    thinking of buying a r350. like it a lot, but what is a good price??

r350 with premium 1 pkg, parktronic, panoramic sunroof, and heated seats.
    invoice price is around 47k. how much has anybody else gotten their r350s for?

e
    i know that the r320 has less hp, aside from having a better gas mileage, any other advantage? the sells person seems to be saying a lot of good things about mb's diesel new and improved diesel engine. any thoughts?
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    All I know is that I would never buy one of these cars without the new diesel. It's the best engine they make, and has been for years - we finally get to buy them in this country, and the gasoline engine still sells better[???]. Once you've tried one, you should be convinced.

Right now, the difference between diesel and premium gasoline in the Northwest is 40-50 cents a gallon in favor of diesel [a complete reversal of recent history - it was always a mystery to me why diesel was so high relative to gasoline for so many years - the current situation makes more sense, based on how most refineries work]. That by itself is not a good reason, but it surely doesn't hurt.

Maintenance costs are probably close to a wash - no advantage to either engine these days. But the torque of the diesel, combined with the lower fuel consumption, is all the reason you should need...
    would 1000 below invoice for a r320cdi too much to ask?
  • lemondmbzlemondmbz Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2007 Alpine Rain R350 base , with navigation added at the dealership (bought it for my wife to replace a previous car that was totaled) about a week ago. Negotiated down to $41700, about $1250 below Edmunds invoice price. They probably could have gone lower, but it was my 3rd trip to the dealer, and I didn't feel like haggling over a couple hundred dollars at that point.
  • colby3colby3 Member Posts: 4
    Should I be able to get something, anything, off the MSRP of the R320 CDI and still get the MB 0% financing for 72 months? Looking at black on black MB Tex with P1 and heated seats. They will do $1,500 above invoice without financing or 0% for 72 months if pay MSRP. If you do the math, the 0% is more "off" but they won't take an equivalent amount off if I pay cash. Should I push harder? The R doesn't seem very popular at all, we like it because it is diesel and think the interior configuration works well for us since we do not want a minivan - even if they are really nice. Looking to pull the trigger soon so any thoughts appreciated. :)
  • colby3colby3 Member Posts: 4
    Would like rear view camera on R320 CDI but don't necessarily want P2 package and don't think dealer has what I want in any case. Can I have MB or after market add rear view camera after the fact?? Thanks.
  • sascarsascar Member Posts: 1
    Bought R500 silver Metallic with #1 package, sunroof package and navi. Got it for 48200 + tax and 750 dest. Tested the 350 but felt sluggish. Wanted to try the Diesel but wife did not like the idea that not all the gas stations have the fuel for it. The 500 drives like a dream. It loves speed and feels very nice well into 3 digits. I dont like the navi system. My wife has the new Odyssey and Honda GPS is way, way better. Great buying experience, Pembroke Pines MB.
  • bluebabebluebabe Member Posts: 3
    mercedes willnot add a rear view camera aftermarket.. it will cost about 3 thousand to get installed by a shop, and it may not be compatible fully with comand. rear center console and the parktronic are other options that are ONLY available as factory installs. there may be more.. call the part department at the dealer and ask them about parts you want installed.. the blue tooth phone option is great.. you do need a $300 part (receiver) to get it to work.. ask the dealer to throw it in when you are negotiating the car price.
  • bluebabebluebabe Member Posts: 3
    i got a r320 cdi demo (had 700 miles on it and was 6 mos into warranty) alpine rain with macademia interior, front heated seats and package 1 for $44,000 also got the rear cargo tray, bluetooth adapter, all season floor mats for all 3 rows, rear cargo net and 3m paint protective film on the door edges -- for an extra $300 (about $110 retail worth of stuff.. basically got it at their cost i would estimate)

total 44,300 (with out tax and title)

financed at 2.9% for 72 mos
  • max22max22 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for either a New, or CPO R350.

I've found a 2006 R350 CPO with 13,000 miles, Sunroof, and Parktronic. Original list was $52,300, and the dealer is selling it for $39,925.

They also have several 2007 new ones that list for $49,940. They have the P1 package.

Has anyone bought a new one in the last 45 days, what has been the price paid? What do you think of the CPO deal?

Thanks!
  • rbautorbauto Member Posts: 5
    Would like to buy 2007 R350 base or close to base. Does anyone know the discounts MB is offering as of July 30, 2007.
  • focus530focus530 Member Posts: 10
    I believe you should be able to get $5K-$6K off MSRP. What part of the country are you in? Here in Boston area, some dealers have 2006 models with $12K off MSRP and 2007 models with $5K off MSRP.
    Thanks! I'm in the New Orleans area!!
    I found a dealership with a good bit of inventory discounting R 350 $7,000 off of MSRP. Really good pricing.
  • queencreekqueencreek Member Posts: 1
    With the 2008 models on dealer lots, and the general slow sales of the R-Class, I believe, this represents a true value purchase at this time. Of course I should plan on holding on to it for a while as the trade-in value will be on the very low side. With that said, MB is offering a 3K marketing incentive, thus establishing a bargaining starting point of invoice minus 3K. The question is, how much lower should I expect to go. I am going in next week to negotiate at these levels

R-350 = Invoice less 6K (3K incentive plus 3k)
    R-500 = Invoice less 10K (3K incentive less 7K)

What do you think?
    I think your numbers might be a bit optimistic. Back in October, 2006, Mercedes was offering $10,000 marketing incentives, and the dealers were willing to go about $16,000 under MSRP, not invoice. Of course, the vehicles are still not moving (witness the demise of the R500), and you might succeed. Please post your findings when you are finished negotiating. These forums are a great source of info for buyers and have significantly leveled the playing field for us. Even if you plan to keep the vehicle, you might want to consider a 24 or 27 month lease. The Money
    Factors are currently very low, and, if the vehicles really tank in resale value, you can either buy the vehicle from Mercedes Financial at a price lower than your lease contract, or you can simply walk away. If you buy, you do not have that option. Just a thought. In any event, best of luck and please post again!
  • jayonyxxjayonyxx Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone heard of Mercedes' Lease Loyalty Program? I am getting close to the end of my lease (2005 C240) and am in the market for a larger vehicle due to a growing family. I like the R350 but am leaning towards the Audi Q7. Today my Mercedes dealer (Helms Bros. in Queens, NY) said that they are willing to pay the last 4 lease payments to get me into a new Benz. I am a little skeptical and was wondering if anyone has heard or taken advantage of this program? Thanks in advance.
  • venkatbvenkatb Member Posts: 8
    Can someone advise me on best prices for the above models relative to MSRP? Looking at P1 with rear entertainment - I was quoted $ 10K below MSRP in July for a 2007. Yhjis is in the NJ/Philadelphia area.
  • carherecarhere Member Posts: 5
    I just get a quote for a R350 2008 with P2 package, 7 seats, panorama roof, and backup camera for 33 months 10000 mile per year.
    1. $3900 down and $558 monthly (tax included)
    2. $2200 down and $611 monthly (tax included)

They will buy down the last 4 month ($500/m) of my current lease E350.
    Can you please give me any good advice? In SF Bay Area
  • bd37703bd37703 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking into getting a 2008 R350 AWD with foll. options:

- P2 PKG
    - IPOD Conn
    - Roof Rails
    - 6-CD Changer
    - Heated Front Seats
    - Panorama Roof

Deal on the table: $49,000

Is this a good deal? Thanks.
  • javafan1javafan1 Member Posts: 25
    Take it.

I am looking a similiar one with 7-seat option. The best one I got is around 52,000.

May I ask where did you get this deal ?

Thanks