Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Audio Systems

Comments

• th3_d3v1lth3_d3v1l Member Posts: 4
    Onlinecarstereo.com, bought all my Infinity speakers in my truck from them. Great prices.
  • flacondoflacondo Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2004 Chevrolet Colorado. The CD portion of radio stopped working and won't eject. Appears to have no power. At the same time CD stopped working, the radio clock reset to 12:00. The radio portion works just fine. Are there 2 fuses on this radio? If so, where are they located? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
  • jtfirejtfire Member Posts: 2
  • jtfirejtfire Member Posts: 2
    My 2004 chevy colorado radio resets to 12 o'clock 3 to 4 times a week. Every time I take it to the garage, they say they can find no problems with it. Today, going to the garage. the fan stopped working. This lasted for a couple of minutes and then started up again. Still the garage said no problems. There is a Tech Service Bulletin #02060, on this and the garage says no. Can anyone help me on this problem. It's a certified used vehicle, so it's still under warranty
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Like a digital clock at home, when they lose power they go back to 12. May just be a lose connection somewhere and may be hard to find. I'd pull the radio and check to see if the connectors are making good contact. Pull the fuse and put it back in just to make sure it isn't lose. Spray a little contact cleaner on the connectors before putting back together. The dealer should have done all this but I'm betting he did nothing. Could also be a ground problem since the fan also stopped working and restarted.
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    Sounds like a wiring ground of some kind.
  • pauline6pauline6 Member Posts: 2
    Yesterday the clock was 15 minutes slow. I reset it and now this morning it was 30 minutes slow. Could this be the result of a dying battery?
  • jalambjalamb Member Posts: 1
    You probably have a faulty ignition switch. This has been a problem with ignition switches on GM vehicles for several years. The ignition switch will cause problems with ABS brakes, cruise controls, radio memories, wipers, etc..
  • JuSEJuSE Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I put a new CD player in my 2006 Canyon yesterday and shortly after my engine cut out, wont turn over, electrical works but shows "ABS BRAKE FAULT" and "LOW FUEL" but I have half a tank.

Would putting an aftermarket deck in throw off my censors even though I put in the new harness to replace the factory one or is this a random coincidence?
  • pauline6pauline6 Member Posts: 2
    I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. I thought the theft control only made the radio/cd player removed not work for anyone else but with all those sensors..........
  • bobjjbobjj Member Posts: 2
    Just like JuSe' s problem, my new sony also set off warning lights in my dash. The dealer said the computer now can't communicate with this new radio wiring harness, so the factory radio has to be put back in. Can this be true? Please help
  • leadfoot4leadfoot4 Member Posts: 593
    "Bobjj", according to the install instructions posted on the Crutchfied site, there is a secondary wiring adapter that is needed for Canyon/Colorado aftermarket radio installations, in order for all the factory "bells and whistles" to work properly. It's something like $70-80, if I recall correctly, and it's installed inline between the truck's wiring harness and the stereo's. NO, you don't have to put the OE stereo back in, but you DO need this adapter.

(this is part of the reason that I haven't bothered with putting an aftermarket stereo in my Canyon.....)
  • bobjjbobjj Member Posts: 2
    Wow, thanks for the info. I looked up the adapter and ordered it ( $99.00 ). The OE radio didn"t come with a CD player, so that"s why we wanted an aftermarket set. Thanks again!
  • ventovento Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    I have a 2008 GMC Canyon. The factory radio was replaced. I have installed
    an Alpine radio, which it was working very well for almost two years.
    Now I have a problem with the Integrated Roof Antena. I have checked all
    the connections especially the antena. Everything is well connected.
    The radio reception is poor, I have programed the radio to find all the strong
    sations in the area, but still looses the signal.
    Any assistance wil be very appreciated.
    Thank you
  • bowtieboy1bowtieboy1 Member Posts: 1
    having problems with radio in 2005 canyon.cant turn off by power button or control volume..tuner knob also does not change channel.
  • woody78woody78 Member Posts: 1
    diod anyone ever respond to the stereo question on the canyon or did you figure it out.
    any help would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    woody78,
    Your dealer should be able to assist with your concern. Please update me on your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service