Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 6-Series Reviews

patpat Member Posts: 10,421
edited October 2014 in BMW

Comments

• topspin628topspin628 Member Posts: 373
    I am interested in some real life reviews on the 6 series, rag top if possible. Also, what other cars have you owned and how does it compare?

Thank you.
  • ajroseajrose Member Posts: 29
    I have driven the 6 coupe for almost 30,000 miles and it is by far the best vehicle I have ever driven. I have the three pedal manual with sport (which includes the active steering). The car is just perfect. I can cruise for hours in comfort and quiet or I can match almost anything on the road in both acceleration and handling. I use it as my daily driver and as a result, sometimes take it for granted. When I do decide to really drive, I am still astonished at its responsiveness both in acceleration and handling.
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    I had a 6er press loaner for ten days, and it's truly a great car. That said, it just wasn't my cup of tea. Too big and heavy for my tastes. I ran an E24 M6 for several years and it was just as quick as the 645(although it was fitted with a Conforti chip and a euro-no cats-exhaust) and much more nimble. If I was going to buy a new BMW drop top I'd either get a leftover M3 or the upcoming M Roadster, as I prefer a more visceral driving experience. It all comes down to what YOU like, so take a long test drive and then make the call.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    A bit of a tweener, a little more restrained than the rock-star convertibles beyond the $100,000 mark, yet more personal and expressive than more familiar convertibles.... All this elegance begs the question: Is this car more about appearance or performance?

http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/6-series/2012/road-test1.html

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.