Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Mazda6

Comments

• aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    It's impossible to collect "tax" for profit. That is one of the most illegal things you can do.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Not an impossibility.....just illegal. Like I said, it's highly doubtful a new car dealer would ever do such a thing.
  • darkmanrob85darkmanrob85 Member Posts: 30
    Haven't gotten around to it.I've been to busy with work. I'll probably connect my this weekend thou.
  • ohblueohblue Member Posts: 39
    I was offered $500. It's not $1000, but I'm not complaining. $500 for sending an email is pretty nice. Thanks for the heads-up. It is sincerely appreciated!
    Anyone know how long it would take to have one built and shipped?
  • snoopy316snoopy316 Member Posts: 12
    Anyone know how long it would take to have one built and shipped?

It takes anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks. I ordered mine a little over a month ago, and it came in about a month. They were expecting the car to come in about 3 weeks after the build date, but it came in about 5 days later.

I got my mazda 6 s GT black/black on monday with everything but navi. Even those sill plates, the car looks real slick at night. The welcome lighting is awesome. Its really had to explain what it is, but it looks really good. All cars should have this.

Does anyone know how to make the song title scroll across the screen when listening to sirius. I know i can press the text button and scroll it manually. But this is really annoying, is there anyway way to set it, so i dont have to hit any buttons? I read the whole manual about this, and it didn't say a word about it. I tired to hold down the button, it hopes it would give me some options.
  • weathergirlweathergirl Member Posts: 35
    Re: I was offered $500. It's not $1000, but I'm not complaining. $500 for sending an email is pretty nice. Thanks for the heads-up. It is sincerely appreciated!

Was that from sending emails or calling Mazda? Did the rebate come via email?

Thanks for posting!
    It was from following the instructions given in the link above (contact us, purchasing, rebates & incentives...)

Here's the reply I received today (so I guess I'll get it in a week or so):

"Thank you for your interest in the new 2009 Mazda6. This is a “private” offer, meaning you must receive the offer in the mail or via e-mail to take advantage of it. Mazda values each and every person who is interested in our products. This is a program for current and previous Mazda owners that may be ready to purchase based on information we have received from them. Customers that prior to September 2008 have indicated that they are interested in the 2009 Mazda6 or other Mazda products via our website. We’re sorry but only owners and non-owners who received the Mazda Private Launch Offer Direct Mail package are eligible. However, as a loyal Mazda owner, I would be happy to offer you a $500 Preferred Buyer’s Card good toward the purchase of a 2009 Mazda6. Please reply back to confirm so I may process your card today."

Edit: BTW, a phone call did absolutely nothing for me.
    Thanks for the insight. I may just search out further (I did the 250 mile inventory check...no dice). Glad you're happy w/ your new car.
  • heybroderheybroder Member Posts: 78
    By calling Mazda Customer Service....I belive it is 1-800-222-5500...I hope my memory is correct, it is possible to get a $500 Card in the mail. Be very nice and be very appreciative of the job Mazda is now doing for their prospective customers. And tell them that because of the outstanding job Mazda is doing in building the highest quality vehicles on the market, best looking, zoom-zoom long lasting drivetrains, and etc., that you are definitely looking to purchase a Mazda product. In doing so, and being very polite, don't be surprised if you get a card in the mail! I did. It expired Dec. 31 of this year. Good luck! Don't forget that everyone who is going to buy a Mazda vehicle IS eligable for the S-Plan. Man, who can turn down such an outstanding deal on an outstanding product!?! :shades:
    Thanks for the info! I sent an email to Mazda just as heybroder instructed on Monday. Nothing yet. Since I'm not a prior or current Mazda owner (yet!) I guess I'll just have to be happy with the S-Plan. :)

Thanks guys for the tips and advice!

I do have some more questions for everyone.

I've heard that in order for a dealership to move a car from one store to the other, or trade one between dealerships, the buyer is required to put down a deposit on the car. Everything I've ever read has told me to never put down a deposit on a car they don't actually have. So what is the right thing to do? How much would a reasonable deposit be? Has anyone using the S-Plan been asked to do this when they don't have the car you want on the lot? Thanks!
    If it were me, I'd just go buy it from the dealer who has it (especially if you are s-plan), instead of letting someone who doesn't care about your car "break it in" for you by driving it to your dealer. Better yet, order exactly what you want from the dealer of your choice (if you can wait for it). I think that's what I am going to have to do.

BTW, I sent emails 2 days in a row, and my wife and I were Mazda owners in the past (MX-6 & RX-7), but not currently. They still offered to send the $500 card.

Good luck...
    It takes anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks.

A fresh order takes 8-10 weeks from the time of allocation to dealer inventory.

What your dealer did you for was alter an incoming unit before it went into production. Once the vehicle has been produced, it's roughly 4-6 weeks.
    Ah, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks anyway....bummer.
    Ask your local dealer to spec changew an incoming unit. If possible, you can get the car in 4-6 weeks. Maybe longer, depending upon where you live.
    Thanks for the reply! There is a reason I'm trying to stick with one dealership, even though they don't actually have the car I want yet. They are offering a "Free Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" on any new Mazda purchased from them. Since I don't see anyone else offering it, I guess that means that it's limited to this dealership. I'm assuming that means if something covered by a "powertrain warranty" needs replacing once the factory warranty expires, only this dealership will honor the "lifetime" one, unlike Nissan who did offer a nationwide one in the spring.

So, is it worth it to go through this dealership just to get the free extra warranty? I do plan to keep the car for at least the 5 year/60,000 mile factory warranty timeframe, and possibly longer. There's a small, but real chance, that I might not live in this area when the factory one is up. Who knows? They don't actually have the car I want, but claim to have "located" it. The other 2 Mazda dealerships near me don't have the one I want, either. So, whoever I go with will have to bring it in from somewhere. I really don't think I can be patient enough to wait for one on order. I've been looking for a new car for a year. Now that I've found what I want, I want it now. :)

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • minarets2minarets2 Member Posts: 11
    that just means the dealership is about to go out of buisness.

;) i kid, but i wouldnt doubt some dealership has tried that before going under
    Is it Naperville Mazda that is offering this "lifetime powertrain warranty? You should get something from them in writing regarding the fine print of the warranty. Since they are the only Mazda dealer in Chicagoland offering the warranty it may only be good at that dealer. However, they may be buying an aftermarket warranty which may be good nationwide. If so, reading the fine print is even more important especially if it is a major player in your purchase decision.

You might try Wilkins Mazda on Butterfield Rd. They usually have a very large inventory. When the new 6's were just hitting the dealerships they had more than anybody and they have always been very competitive on pricing.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Just check to see if the warranty is backed by a company other than the dealership. There's a Chrysler Jeep dealership in my area that offers a powertrain warranty (up to 100k miles) on all used cars, and it is backed by a large insurance company. Service can be performed anywhere as long as it is pre-authorized.
    I wasn't a current or prior Mazda owner and received the card......Mazda Customer Service was nice enough to send it to me. The Private Launch Bonus is done through email.....$1000 for the Mazda6 or $500 off any other Mazda product. Mazda Customer Service if they want to, can also help you out bigtime with the S-Plan! Good luck to all! :shades:
  • cirrusscirruss Member Posts: 87
    I called today and told them I will be buying a new 09 Mazda 6. I asked about any incentives and S plan, but he said no to each and everything I asked. He said the $500 is only for previous Mazda owners (which I am not), and the S plan is only for people who has an affiliation with a company that provides the S plan.

I also emailed them and got a reply back today. The reply also states there is no incentives if I am buying the vehicle. Only the current lease specials are available.

QUOTE:
    "Thank you for contacting Mazda. Unfortunately, the only incentive for the 2009 Mazda6 is for lease on the I-Sport model. Mazda does not have any incentives for purchase at this time. Keep in mind that all incentives are only released at the first of each month and I would be unable to speculate on future purchase incentives."

I am wondering if I should try calling again and see if another service rep can get me the $500 card.
  • rishijonrishijon Member Posts: 3
    Time to say bye-bye to the original Mazda 6, born as a 2003 model and, frankly, showing hair loss and plenty of wrinkles as it winds up its sixth year. In retrospect, it was hardly a contender, too undersized and roughly mannered to hold its place in the growing segment of family-size imported sedans as the Toyota Camry, the Honda Accord, and the Nissan Altima zoom-zoomed in sales
    For those who have an 09 Mazda 6, have you seen anyone else driving one in your city/neighborhood (besides yourself)? I live in Northern VA and I haven't seen anyone else driving one. It makes me feel kind of special LOL.

Oh yeah, the Bluetooth works great. I just have to get my phone book programmed and I'll be set.
    Can you explain just how Mazda "helped you out bigtime with the S-Plan"?
    Without a doubt, I would contact another Customer Service Representative. Say what you have seen from other Mazda buyers (at the time pre-buyers) on thie forum. I did. That probably helped my cause. Just be extremely nice about it. The things I have stated are the TRUTH! I have told you these things in hopes of helping you to save money. It is obvious that Mazda doesn't have to do this or do that. It does freak me out to hear that your story is practically the opposite of my experience! Hope things change for you quickly! If they had not helped me out, I was still going to purchase one of their awesome vehicles! :shades:
    From what a few of you have said in this forum, it looks like Mazda has went out of their way to help me and my family purchase one of their outstanding vehicles. Perhaps it was just the extremely nice person I contacted via email and Customer Service; or the things I said and how I said them. I don't know. It could have been a combination of the two. My experience with MazdaUSA has been awesome! And I plan on keeping it that way! Good luck to ALL of you! :shades:
    Appreciate your encouragement. However, I was just wondering how exactly did MazdaUSA help you out with the S-Plan???

Did they send you something that qualified you for the S-Plan? Did they call or notify the dealer to give you S-Plan pricing? Did the dealer just give you S-Plan pricing or what? Or did you become a member of the Karting Assoc to become a S-Plan qualifier? Realize they might have did something very nice for you but I am looking for some details on how you got the S-Plan pricing.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2009 Mazda 6. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jwahl@edmunds.com no later than Monday, November 3, 2008 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• 4wheelpilot4wheelpilot Member Posts: 7
    Please explain what the S plan is and how to qualify.

I test drove the GT and the MS3.
    The GT was nice but it felt very harsh over small road expansion joints, potholes, etc. I thought the tires were overinflated but were not. Has anyone else felt this?

The Mazda 6 is definitely a great car in many ways.

FYI-The dealer sent me an email to say that I could have any Mazda 6 for $200 BELOW invoice. The dealer is in Philadelphia...Go Phillies!
    My understanding is that the S-Plan is offered to employees of suppliers to Mazda mainly but you can also be authorized to use it through other means such as membership in the World Karting Assoc. A Mazda employee could certainly explain it better than I can.

However, if dealers in your area are offering 6's for under invoice you have the ability to get as good or better price than S-Plan already. From what I've read on this forum I think S-plan is basically invoice plus a documentation fee.
    3.9% financing on all 09 Mazda6's for up to 60 months until the end of October!
  • yankeekm91yankeekm91 Member Posts: 15
    I live on Long Island, NY and I have yet to see another 09 Mazda 6, besides the one I own. It's a really cool feeling to have a unique car, considering every other car on the road is either an Altima or a Camry. Also, the "rarity" of the 6 has led to me getting several compliments and people watching the car as I drive by or even stopping and looking at it when it's parked

On top of that, the Mazda 6 is an awesome car. Ive had mine for 2 weeks and I love it.
    AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the heads-up...
    Yes, it the Naperville store. I'm starting to get extremely frustrated with them, though. I keep emailing questions to the salesman and the internet guys, so far no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer. Or they don't answer the question at all. They did say that the lifetime powertrain warranty was only good at their store. They want a $500 deposit to get the car I want. And they'd have to drive it down from Wisconsin. I've been to Wilkins, and although they did have a big selection on the lot, I just didn't get a happy feeling from there. Do you know anything about Pugi in Downers Grove?
    I also got an email from Mazda rejecting my plea for the Launch cash or any other rebate item. Here is how mine went:

"Thank you for contacting Mazda.
    It is great read about your interest and enthusiasm in the 2009 Mazda6.
    My best recommendation would be to work with a Mazda Shopping Assistance Agent by logging into www.mazdausa.com and building a vehicle under the shopping tools tab. From there you can click on the “have any questions click here” tab to chat live with a Mazda USA Agent. This agent will be able to locate your specific 2009 Mazda6 in your area and then contact your dealership for you and provide you will a dealership quote."

I don't think any of this related to the email I sent to them. I'm just grateful for the S-Plan. Best wishes to those of you who did get the bonuses!
  • agie1agie1 Member Posts: 25
    I went to mazda dealer and ask about the s plan.
    They gave $21935 for base i touring.
    They also could give me the same price without the s plan.
    They still could give few hundreds off from that price too.
    Is the s plan really a good deal?
    Why do we have to use the s plan if we can get the same deal?
    I was told that I could probably get s-plan if I wasn't able to provide my PIN, but not the s-rebate...I guess that's the difference.
    Not really except they seem to be fairly price competitive with Wilkins in their advertisements. I bought a 07 Mazda6 I4 auto for $16500 using an ad from Wilkins as a comparison. They matched Wilkins price which was about $4700 under MSRP at the time. Obviously the deals on the new 6 aren't that good but the prices are coming down now that supply is catching up with demand and car sales across the board have tanked.
    Nobody has to use the s-plan if they don't want to. When the new 6 first arrived at the dealers they were in short supply and the s-plan(basically invoice) was a great deal on a hot, short-in-supply car especially with no dickering about the price. Now supply has caught up and I'm hearing people getting quotes below invoice like you so the deals are already getting better than the s-plan price.

This is all because supply has caught up quickly as new car sales in general have tanked. Normally, the s-plan would have been a good deal for probably the first six months of the new model run. In this sales climate it was quickly surpassed by supply.......hence prices under invoice! If you got the money and/or credit it's a great time to buy a vehicle. Just hang onto your job.
  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    I'm in central Pennsylvania and I'm the only one so far. At least I haven't seen any other ones yet.

Yeah. The bluetooth is great. I'm going to try the phone book programming tomorrow too. I read through the manual and it made my brain hurt a little. I'll tackle it in depth in the morning - after coffee!

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

In this sales climate it was quickly surpassed by supply.......hence prices under invoice!

Mazda6 sales are up. It's every other model that is down, that is why the 6 is being discounted. It has nothing to do with supply. However, any way you slice it, you can get a good deal on a Mazda6 now.
    I would hope they would be up being that sales are probably being compared to the '08 which was a lame duck so to speak. I have yet to see one on the road yet and, believe me, I've been looking. Driving around the expressways around Chicago I get to see a lot of cars so it's not like I live in North Overshoe, Iowa. :D !

I'm sure supply plays some part in the pricing. If they were flying out the door as fast as you could get them on your lot I highly doubt they would be offered for less than invoice no matter how poorly other models are selling. Look at the the 09 Jetta TDI. Dealers are asking over MSRP for them and getting it right now. It's strictly supply and demand as I don't think Passats are selling well at all.
  • mackrelmackrel Member Posts: 4
    I have had the new 6 since early August. The first time I saw another one was two months later. I saw my third one last week. I have the GT. I have yet to see another GT. I agree that it's kinda cool being the one with the uncommon new car.
  • drosadrosa Member Posts: 24
    OK,
    I almost pulled the trigger on a 08' TL (30,289 in NJ OTD, includes 7% tax and all fees @ invoice-$3500+ and 2.9%) but My dealer called me that Mazda now has 3.9% and now it's a no brainer.

I am going to order the car today( with a pocket full of discounts, S-plan, Private Launch 1K, MAC bonus 1K and 3.9%). I need to decide on a Touring w\ CONV and Bose($29115) or GT w\ Bose(30670).

IS THE GT WORTH $1600 MORE than Touring for
    full leather heated seats vs cloth/leather combo,
    auto dim side and rearview mirrors w\ home link
    LED Tailights (have not seen the diff, will tonight)
    passenger power seat (let the Mrs move her own seat I say)

I would pay 1K for these not $1600.

Any opinions?
    Also the color selection is a bit weak. i am going for Silver w/black int. The Comet gray plays tricks on your eys in daylight.
  • crasht51crasht51 Member Posts: 9
    I also live in NoVa, and have yet to see another 6 on the road. I bought my Silver i GT at Rosenthal Arlington Mazda, I've had it 5 weeks.
    I bought mine at Brown's Mazda of Chantilly last Sunday. If I see you I'll honk :D . I bought a Black s Touring
    I have bought a Black s Touring w/Conv pkg and I love it. Honestly I like the cloth/leather combo better than just leather seats. It makes the interior of the car look unique. Even thou the GT has the CONV PKG already equipped, I didn't need the extra stuff like the home link, etc. My advice would be just to get what you like. If you don't, you're just going to regret it later.
  • realcarduderealcardude Member Posts: 1
    As a true car guy, I get lost in all the amateur expertize regarding autos of today. Today's driver is so overly concerned with few dollars that they miss the fun of the drive. Mazda has been doing very well in building terrific nicely built cars that are great handling on the road, but all this is missed by the consumers penchant for demanding unrealistic pricing. It is my opinion that things are not so horribly bad, but the fact is we make matters worse by our ever present desire to always be on top. Go to a dealer drive the car, agree to dis-agree and buy the thing...
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    I tried to tell my boss that.

I do a good job, get praises from all the customers; whats an extra 10-15K in my pocket gonna hurt the bottom line.

Some people do get hung up on the little nickle and dimes...
    I believe it has nothing to do with car it's self, but rather the average customer does not trust car dealers, and think there is an un Godly amount of money being made by them. So, they do all they can to get the dealer to drop their pants, and give and give and give. Even in the end, they still think they paid too much.

Dealers are desperate today, and in reality the stock market should have no effect on people coming out to buy cars, because stock is fake money anyway. 401K's, 403B's that are all tanking right now will go back up. You don't see that money for years anyway, but, yet, it makes people not want to spend the money they do have.

Since business is slow, around here dealers are not giving as great of deals because we all need to make money. The excuse "the economy sucks, car sales are slow, so give me the car for free" just does not work. My response is "you must be doing just fine, or you would not be here!" Shuts 'em right up!

Anyway, I will never fault a customer for trying to rob the car, because they all read books, visit web sites like Edmunds, that give them all these "tricks" to make a dealer give the car away. A good salesman will always blow past all that garbage, establish a quality relationship with the customer, win them over and have them be overly joyed that the just bought a car. A salesman's happiest customer is ALWAYS the ones they make money on. The guy who comes in and busts your balls, wants the car for nothing, comes in with print outs from Edmunds are never fully satisfied, and are typically your worst customers, AND a salesman never makes any money on them.