Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo C70 New Owner Reports

Comments

• jimmyz2000jimmyz2000 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a new C70 and absolutely love it. One issue that I have, however, is I have no idea how to set the various audio settings on the booming Dynaudio system to get the best sound. With there being both basic options (e.g., bass, treble, etc.) through the audio button, and more detailed options (e.g., graphic EQ) through the computer menu, I am at a loss as to how to combine the various settings between the two to get the best sound. Any advice would be most appreciated. (I listen to a lot of classic rock). Thanks!
  • youngstirsyoungstirs Member Posts: 4
    First of all, I want to thank all of you for your contributions to this forum. I have periodically followed the various C70 forums over the last several months, and they contributed to my decision. Due to the lack of availability at local (California) dealers, I had decided to go with the European delivery for summer '07. I have done this on my two other Volvo purchases, and it is a fantastic program! On Christmas day I drove past my local dealer and saw a new C70 sitting out front. I went back the 26th to have a closer look and found out that the customer who ordered it changed their mind, so the car was available for purchase. I had seen two other C70's at this dealer for the same reason, but the color and options weren't what I wanted. While this car wasn't the color I had originally wanted (celestial blue), I immediately fell in love with it. It is Zanzibar Gold Metallic (I'll post photos later). It was also equipped with every option I wanted and a few others I didn't (rear park assist and 18" wheels). I asked the dealer to subtract the price of these two options ($1395), and they took off $1257, so I put a deposit right then. I'm guessing they were willing to negotiate because they already pocketed the $4000 nonrefundable deposit from the original buyer. I completed the deal on the 27th and drove my new car home!
    Now is where I could use your help. I must admit my initial problems are nothing compared to some I have read in this forum, but the dealer is still searching for answers. My car is equipped with the Dynaudio system (an imperative in my purchase and thus the following question is essential to me). I cannot access the Dolby Pro feature and Surround Sound in the FM or Auxillary modes. It is listed as a feature in FM mode, but it cannot be selected, thus Surround Sound can't be set/selected from the Tuning/Sound knob. The manual specifically says that it can be selected, but that it may not give the best sound in weak signal areas. I definitely live in an area with a strong signal, so this isn't my problem. There is a noticeable difference in sound quality when not in Dolby Pro. In fact, during my several test drives (3 different cars) this sound is what sold me on paying an extra $1500 for the premium sound system. I can't verify that they had Dolby in FM mode, but they sounded as if they did. Does anyone receive FM in Dolby? How about Sirius in Dolby? I haven't activated my subscription until I sort this issue out.
    Thanks for reading through this novel. I have just a couple more questions:
    My manual also states that the 2007 model should lock all inside compartments with the valet key or remote. Only my front compartments lock. The two rear and trunk pass through don't lock. The 2006 only locked the front, but the '07 should lock all. Can you share your experiences. Last question: I was also told by my salesman that the '07 came standard with a spare tire. I can't access anything in the bottom of my trunk, and my manual says that if you have the tire puncture kit in the trunk pass through that you won't have the "optional" spare. I do have the puncture kit. On Volvo's website, it says the tempa spare is a $0.00 option. Doesn't that mean it is standard for '07's? Your feedback on any of these questions is greatly appreciated.
    Sorry about the gigantic post. Happy New Year!
  • johnh7johnh7 Member Posts: 67
    I think you'll get the same 6 month free Sirius trial offer when you activate that I was offered. I think it comes with the car (at least in the States).

The Dolby Pro is not an AM/FM option in mine, at least not that I can tell.
    Should have mentioned Dolby Pro works for Sirius as well as the CD player. Don't know about auxilliary as I didn't get the iPod hook up.

My dealer automatically orders the spare for everyone, but I think it's a choice one still has to make. Mine simply assumes no one wants the gunk as an alternative. I'd make sure you speak up though. It sounds like your car came with the gunk - not the spare.
  • erisamanerisaman Member Posts: 99
    Re the tempa spare - I think you'll find that the option is either/or. Either you specify the tire puncture kit or you specify the tempa spare.

The latter has been previously dealt with on occasions (messages circa #35 on the thread entitled 'Options chosen or rejected') and it has been suggested that an economical solution is to purchase the S40 wheel, using that as the spare.

Best wishes for your 2007.
  • lemennlemenn Member Posts: 89
    Hi youngstirs,

Congratulations for your choice. I will be more than happy to see your pictures. Gold Zanzibar is also a color I considered first, but the dealersjip was not able to show me even a sample of the color, so I decided to go for the Celestial Blue (like many others).

As far as your questions:
    Dynaudio systems: I cannot answer, I don't have it.
    Locking all the compartments: I also have a 07 model and also can only lock the front and trunk compartments, not the rear and trunk pass through. So I am in the same situation as you and if somebody can lock all the compartments, I am also interested in the trick how to do it.
    Regardingthe spare tire: We have already discussed about this topic. 0$ option does not mean you will get it automatically. For me, I selected this 0$ option and of course I gotthespare tire, but not the puncture kit.
    So it is either the kit or the spare tire but not both. It seems in the US you are able to negotiace to have both for no extra money.

We are waiting to see your pictures ASAP.
  • cricket4cricket4 Member Posts: 94
    I got the Dynaudio and you are right. Dolby Pro is not an option in the AM/FM mode on the 2007 model. Please let us know if you hear of a fix (I will do the same). I am driving a loaner/hire car since mine is in the shop with a faulty window. The hire car is a 2006 C70 and it DOES have the Dolby Pro Surround Sound optiion on the AM/FM mode and it is FANTASTIC! Why do you suppose they made this change/update for the 2007 model? Does it make the radio stations come in more clearly - sound clearer?
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Dolby is not an option for FM on the 2007 Volvo's.
    This was changed due to customer complaints about how weak stations sounded in the surround mode.
    Thanks, thought maybe that was the case. Because, although I said the Dolby Pro sounds FANTASTIC, it does not sound good at all for stations that don't come in very clear. It sounds like someone is playing with the volume control (like toggling between loud and soft). But when it does come in clear, it sounds really good. I can understand the upgrade.
    Hi – thought I’d let you know that I’ve had my C70 at last, and so far so good.

We picked up the car in pouring rain and went for a leisurely drive, then, as the day wore on, I took my wife and son back to our house – to leave me to enjoy the C70 on my own!

The rain had stopped, the skies had cleared so, with the T5 engine quietly ticking over, my foot on the brake, and taking a furtive look around to make sure no-one was looking – I pressed the magic button and set the roof in motion.

The hum of motors and pumps seemed to fill the night air as each piece lifted and swung into position – then dropping obediently into the trunk. I thought of trying the heated front seats – this is January after all – but decided against it, let’s walk before we run!

I slipped a Celine Dion CD into the 6 stack, twiddled momentarily with the volume and bass control, then settled back to enjoy the ambience of the moment - and the sight of the twisting roads unfurling in front of me, rolling surf kissing the beach alongside.

The C70 just hugged the road, clinging to every curve and bend, ignoring every rut and pothole as though non existent, the soft leather seats supporting my every move, the audio soothing my mood. The polished wood steering wheel, standard in the UK, felt sensual and luxurious to my fingers as they stroked it’s gleaming grain.

The slight wind draught caught me from time to time, but who cares, moments like this are few and far between and have to be savoured and enjoyed as and when we can – and I was savouring and enjoying to the ultimate!

The Xenon lights dispelled the shadows as the car cruised through town, I pondered as to how many heads were turning to watch this beauty slip back into the darkness from whence it had come.

Just then I heard a voice bellow from behind “DAVID! Put that b----- roof up and bring my lap top back – if you want to watch the DVD, do it in the house, it’s b----- freezing out here!”

So, I locked the garage and went back indoors – but it was good fun writing this!

That's all folks!!
  • empty1empty1 Member Posts: 109
    What kind of man listens to Celine Dion....yuck, especially in a C70 :confuse:
    It was the instrumental version actually - but I'd have enjoyed the vocal just as much. ;)
    Hi lemenn,
    I've posted a few pictures on carspace. The link is below.
    I, like yourself, loved the celestial blue and was going to order that color. I also hadn't seen the Zanzibar Gold Metallic on any car--only the back of the brochure, and it looks really gold there! When I saw this color on the actual car sitting on the dealer's lot, I was sold! I still love the blue, but I know I'll never tire of this color. The Zanzibar Gold has several different looks as you may notice in the photos: beige, cream, gold, silver... depending on the light and surrounding colors.
    http://www.carspace.com/youngstirs/Albums/photo1/
    Why would they take the option away from those who live in areas with good reception or listening to just stations with strong signals in Dolby? It seems that if weak signals effected the performance, you could just switch to the 3 channel option.
    Cricket4,
    My dealer is looking into the Dolby in FM mode situation. Even though Volvomax says it isn't possible, I will exhaust every resource to try and get Dolby in FM. As you have noted, "It is FANTASTIC"! The dealer seems to think it should work, and the manual does say that you should be able to select it.
    Well Congratulations to erisaman,

You are part of the club now!

We hope that now that you have the real car you will be as active as you were when only dreaming of the car by answering all the questions like you are used to.

Next step will be pictures of course. After American and French C70's cars pictures, we need the UK version of the C70.
    Hi youngstirs,

This is definitely a great color, and like with the celestial blue the color is changing a lot depending on the day luminosity (from dark grey, to light blue for the celestial blue). I think Volvo must use some kind of special paint to be able to get all these variations of colors.

The white leather is really great looking but I am still wondering how this will be 3 or 5 years from now.

After 3 months, my beige floor mats are already dirty and stained...

But is is true that in the USA you probably live in an area where there is not as much rain as we have in Europe (looking at the pictures, you still can put the roof down).
    Here in France it is rainy and cold, no way to keep the car clean.

Enjoy your new toy.
  • volvomorvolvomor Member Posts: 2
    Dear all

I own a 2002 C70 and I am considering purchasing a new generation model.

I have enjoyed reading through your messages and I think this is a wonderful community.

I have some questions, about which I would welcome any feedback.

1. Generally: any past owners of a first generation C70 that can offer comparisons with their new C70?

2. How is the new C70 on headroom for the driver? – having briefly sat down in an new C70 I found it to be slightly less than in the first generation

3. What is more comfortable (rather than sporty), especially on bumpy roads: 17 or 18 inch wheels?

4. Any outstanding issues on noises and sounds in the 2007 C70 models?

5. Is the trunk really (almost) useless with the roof down?

6. Any thoughts on when the 2008 model would be ready for purchase in 2007?

I appreciate your input.
    Best wishes for happy driving experiences in 2007.
  • cuccicucci Member Posts: 49
    To all .... especially everyone who has been so kind in replying/encouraging/sending views and ideas, etc. etc.

Today I got the car back from it's Christmas/New Year holiday at the servicing garage! We think it's fixed! Well, the technical guy said '99.9% certain' the current problems are fixed ... which is good news .... but does suggest that some more minor things might occur but that software fixes are coming in each day!!! Anyway ... the mystery problem of the over night battery discharge was finally diagnosed to the CRM leaping into action one minute after being shut down by the remote ... and telling the CEM to keep certain functions awake .... involving the roof mechanism and the doors (thus my door locking lights never went off over night, etc). I believe there are some 24 'controls' which had to be gone through .. although all the ones which are switched off by the ignition were immediately discounted ... and the 'remote' ones had to be individually isolated and tested. It turned out to be a faulty connection in the CRM and no software was involved this time ...although the car does now have most software upgrades to-date! It took all day Tuesday to identify the exact source of the problem and then another day and a half of testing and re-testing to clarify a fix had been successfully made! Now my doors and lights and locking mechanisms are all working ... the heater system isn't blasting out at de-misting levels every time a control is touched ..... the infotainment (awful word!) system sensor recognises night from day and so does my rear view mirror!! Although these latter two were corrected by software before Christmas. As we left the technician he was battling with another C70 just bought in with the driver window deciding to drop down after closing ..... so that sounds familiar to some I believe!

So ..... I feel like a 'new' owner again today and it's brilliant to have our car back! What I find so wonderful and endearing is ...... that through all the problems C70 owners face (and they do seem numerous!) .... we all still love our cars and wouldn't want to change them!

Anyway ... early days and I obviously want to drive and test the car over the next few days .... but there ARE solutions out there!! I think what I have learnt from all this is .... that if you spot a minor problem or glitch with your car ... don't be like us and think you'll get the garage to look at it on the next visit ... or that you should read the manual again in case you misunderstood ... because it could be the signs of something more sinister that needs urgent attention!

Delighted to see and read all the new owner reports ... especially erisaman who made the whole experience sound like something from a beautiful movie!!! Long may it last!
    You have a remarkably upbeat attitude. I have to say I’d be a bit upset if I was dealing with some of these things.

My car seems to be working. I haven’t found anything malfunctioning. It’s extremely easy to learn and a pleasure to drive. Of course, it’s only been 3 weeks.

I’d say the only thing disappointing has been mileage. I do combo driving, mostly highway (maybe 60%) and short trips around town. I think I’ve been getting 22 or 23 MPG. I thought this car would do better with that mix.

The car totally meets expectation. One thing people should be aware of is that you can rationalize the back seat, but it’s not really the type of car you want to go out in with another couple. It’s an awkward climb in and out. So – if this is your car – be aware it may not be the best option for 4 unless you have an alternative sitting in your garage. We would opt to take our other car when going out with another couple. I’m not saying you can’t squeeze 4 into the car. I’m simply saying it’s a fairly awkward entry and exit, especially for adults.
    To answer your questions
    1 The new car is light years ahead of the old one. The new car handles better, has better visibility and ha more features at a price similar to the old car.
    2 headroom is almost the same. I think the old car had better rear headroom.
    3 17" wheels will be more comfortable
    4 New C70 is a quiet, rattle free car. Much more so than the old car.
    5 w/ the roof down, the trunk space is similar to the old car.
    6 08 C70's should be available in the fall. No word yet on any changes.
    That is such good news, it must have come as some relief to know that a physical fault was found rather than a 'maybe'.

I agree with johnh7 - you are a very resilient lady who has shown patience tempered with determination, now enjoy your 'new' car.

With regards to your last paragraph - ooer, :blush:
    Well, it's 'up-beat' or sink I suppose!!! Not much choice really! Our driving is mainly London/stop/start/traffic etc. ...... so I have not even wanted to think about the fuel consumption ... but given that our last car was a Grand Jeep Cherokee (JEEP meaning Just Empty Every Pocket!!) .... anything seems better on fuel than that!!! I agree about the back ... but again, as our last car was so big ... you tended to get everyone leap in to hitch a ride .... with the new car I suspect we won't get bothered so much to run people around and home!!!! So it has it's advantages!!!

Glad to hear yours is running so smoothly and I am sure that will continue .. so happy motoring!
  • jaybrd642jaybrd642 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to everyone's postings over the past six months. I am finally behind the wheel of my 2007 C70 which was ordered in July. I absolutely love the car and especially enjoy when people are surprised that it is a Volvo. I couldnt ask for a better holiday/30th birthday present. The Flint Grey w/ Black Leather Interior is very sharp. The contrast looks great and the 18" Mirzam wheels just pop out.
    Its going to be nice the next few days in DC, so I am certainly going to drive with the top down.

http://www.carspace.com/jaybrd642/Albums/Jay's C70/">link title
    Having already posted a light hearted ‘report’ on my first day as a C70 owner, I thought I would now write a rather more factual report and leave the ‘writer’s licence’ well alone.

Readers who have been following these forums over the last few weeks may recall a flurry of queries as to why my C70 was being left at the dealership until the turn of the year – I won’t go into that again now, but I will say that I spent the intervening weeks, including the Xmas holiday, reading the handbook thoroughly – over and over again.

So, as you can imagine, by the time I went to collect the car, I knew everything, but EVERYTHING, about that motor.

Everything? I knew nothing!!

Firstly, I had my son and his broken leg to contend with – so it was up with the trunk to store the crutches. Ah! How do we release the trunk divider to open enough space for the crutches to fit in? The sales guy was on hand, so no problem.

As I sank into the driver’s seat in readiness to place the key in the ignition, I leaned forward to seek the ignition barrel – umm – where is it? My mind was now a blank, that handbook could have been written in Russian, or Swedish, as far as my memory was concerned. Yes, of course, the ignition is not on the steering column, it’s in the dash – but – we in the UK have right hand drive, so the barrel is located to the left of the steering wheel – and I’m very much a right handed sort of guy. A fumbled, two-handed effort to get the key in, and the engine was eventually started.

We left the forecourt confidently, the mirrors and seats had been adjusted, so all appeared well. Then I felt a rosy glow spread through my cheeks – no, not the cheeks on my face, my other cheeks, the ones I was sitting on. You’ve guessed it, my heated seat was on – so where’s the off switch? No panic, I found it and stabbed at it wildly. One light went off, but one stayed on – keep cool (no pun intended) obviously there are two elements, one for the seat, one for the lower back, so a second stab was called for, and the light went out.

At this point I noticed my fuel gauge was on ‘red’ – thank you Mr Dealer, I’ve just spent an arm and a leg with you and less than a mile down the road I need fuel! And of course, within that first mile, lo and behold, the ‘low-fuel’ warning light comes on.

I knew I had a reserve of fuel – but no matter how much I’d read that handbook, there was no way I could remember what margin I had in reserve – so let’s get to a gas station pronto!

We pulled into the filling bay of the nearest Tesco Supermarket – probably 30 pumps in total offering a selection of 3 grades per pump, with a queue of at least three cars at each pump. As I approached the first queue my mind was racing – where was the filler cap, ah yes, on the right, so keep left of the pump and I’d be okay.

Well I was okay, even thinking to take the key out of the ignition as I couldn’t quite remember whether the filler flap was key operated. Then I could see it wasn’t – just press the flap and it would open, like my previous Merc, like my wife’s Audi. But it wasn’t like anything else – as you owners well know!

So now I’m hunting for the release button – it’s in the car somewhere, I’ve read about it loads of times, and seen it in the pics – but where is it?????

Where’s the handbook? Two of us pouring over the overview until we spot the magic word FUEL, follow the arrow to the switch and then give it a quick dab – the fuel flap opens!

I fill with fuel but daren’t look at the queue which had built up behind me, and fortunately I was paying at the pump with a debit card so I didn’t have to show my face at the cash desk.

We left the gas station and drove a mile or two more – but hey, I’ve taken up far too much space here and I’m not even home yet, so maybe I’d better close.

Anyway, the moral of this tale is – read as much as you like, but there is nothing quite like getting ‘hands on’ experience.
    So true. I think that a year from now I will still find out functions on this car that I didn't know existed... or will just get the hang of the ones that I am learning now. Glad to hear you are having so much fun with your C70 and am enjoying your posts. Please keep them coming... Can't wait to see my baby again. He must be quite lonely in that service garage without me.
    How much longer before he's out on the open road again? I know you are waiting for new window rubbers - but has the stone chip been fixed yet?

By the way - whereabouts was the chip? I assume it was towards the front of the hood?

And keep your posts coming too - there is still mileage in your first post and it still brings a smile when we pass it on!
    One part was overnighted (I think from the Irvine, Calif. factory) and is at the dealership. The other part, I think, is coming from the Sweden factory. Hopefully it won't take as long as the car did to be delivered (5 months)! Actually, I'm not sure when they expect the part to arrive. The chip was actually on the rear passenger panel just to the upper left section above the door (unusual location for a rock chip). I thought the hood would make sense. Not sure how that happened. That should be fixed by Wednesday. Or may have to bring the car back to be fixed after the window is fixed... depends on the dent & ding guy's schedule.
    cricket4 ... all I can say is ... when you finally get your car back ...it's just soooooooooooo exciting!!! I feel like a new owner all over again ..... 'new' but older and wiser thanks to all of you out there!! I think I mentioned in a previous post ... as we drove ours away from the garage on Thursday after two weeks ... the technican was turning his attention to the next C70 bought in with exactly your problem!!!!

erisaman .... I had a similar experience driving the hire car home the 1st day ... the servicing rep said to me 'we've only given you 30 miles petrol' .... 'that's ok' says I .... 'I only live about 8 miles away'. There was a read out on the dash as I drove off saying '30 miles to empty' which immediately flashed to '20 miles' while I could still feel the reps breath on my neck .... not to worry thought I ... I only live 8 miles away .... within 30 seconds it had jumped another 5 miles off and was reading '15 miles to empty' ..... not to worry thought I .. I only live 7.6 miles away!!!!! By the time I reached central London pre Christmas traffic (and trying to skirt Red Ken's infamous congestion zone) it was down to '10 miles' ..... no matter thought I ...... only 5.3 miles to go ..... and that was when I hit a 20 minute queue to cross Chelsea Bridge and the guage flashed .... no!! .... not 5 miles to go .... it flashed to ...... '--.-- to empty' !!!!!!!!!! I must tell you that I hadn't passed a single garage and the nearest one was about 1 mile away as the crow flies via a 20 minute traffic jam!!! So what did I do??? Phoned other half on the mobile and screamed blue murder .. but he was too busy to sympathize and just told me to 'phone him WHEN I got to the gas station!!! When???? How about IF????? I thought I'd never get there!!!! And then, like you, when I finally got there ........ 3 or 4 cars deep with pre Christmas holiday folk filling up .... and me not knowing which side my fuel cap was ... and then imagining me running out and blocking the whole forecourt!!! Anyway .. the happy end to the tale is that you can drive (albeit slowly) for at least 20 minutes on '--.-- to empty'!!!!!

Aren't we all having such fun???????? I never thought owning a C70 was going to be THIS much fun!!!!!!
    Erisaman,

What a writer you are!

Once again, anf for the second time we are not reading just typical simple and basic forum's postings.

I and maybe others will stop to post message on this board, being shy and afraid to look ridiculous compared to you when you describe your experience with your baby.

It is like a roman and maybe there is enough meat with all our postings to write a real book.

What about: " The birth of the perfect car" as a title's proposal. Don't worry that will be my only and unique contribution to the book...

With regard to lack of gas. I am surprised you left the dealership with an almost empty tank. Our dealership gave us the car with an half full tank + 1 bottle of Champagne. But this one I did not put it into the gas tank! It reads " Diesel only " on mine.

I even learned with your post that the heated seats had a back and butt positions. I thought it was butt level 1 and 2 positions. I need to check that.

Enjoy the week end driving with hairs in the wind (if you still have any...)
    Hello cucci,

It was fun to read your first experience with an almost empty gas tank. For a start it must be very stressfull.

Anyway if I remember well when the light empty tank switch on you have still 8 liters of gas into the tank ( 7 for diesel engine). This is almost 100kms capabilities and even with the T5 engine running downtown London you must be able to do 50kms ( at least 30 miles).

The information coming from the ordinator could not be accurate because you just started to drive for the first time the car out of the dealership and running downtown London, your average consumsion was almost identical to your instaneous consumsion, which can be very high instataneously particularly with the T5 engine.

Average consumsion can only be accurate after some time.

Anyway like many others, I am amazed to see how in good mood you are with all your rather big inconveniences.

I leave you to go to clean up my baby. First time I am acting with a car like with a "real baby"
    You are so right Cucci - we are all forming quite a bond and I was laughing out loud when reading your account.

And as for you Lemenn - you have nothing to fear from posting on this or any other forum. We as readers, acknowledge your expertise in what is, to you, a foreign language, and your help, support and guidance has been an inspiration to us all - so thank you.

Now maybe I too will venture forth to wash my baby - from what I remember, do we use an elbow in the bucket first? To check the temperature?
    Thank you Lemenn ... all comments duly noted and I'll never panic again!!!! LOVED your posting ..... and I must add here that I speak virtually NO French (having some French family as well so no excuse!!) .... but your delightful use of the English language bought a smile to my face!!! We have an English comedian here called John Culshaw who does a fabulous impression of George Bush trying to speak the English language and making some monumental mistakes that are hilarously funny!!! Now Mr. Bush has NO excuse because presumably his education (????) was in English ......... but you just reminded me a little of some of the comedy sketches!!!! And please ...... all comments I make are absolutely complementary here ..... I could not begin to have a written conversation in French with you so I am totally in awe of your expertise!!!! I am sure Erisamen had a chuckle at your reference to my 'rather big inconveniences' ..... as did my husband!

And as for the 'good mood' .... well, I suppose it's just a Brit thing .... living over here sometimes we find it best to laugh at life and ourselves ... otherwise we would just cry!!!!!

Thank you for your kind support!

And PS .... to all the American members of this forum ..... I hope no one has taken offence to any comments regarding Mr. Bush ... after all .... who are we to talk when we have Mr. Blair!!!!!
    Congrats on the car.
    As for the language, we Americans are convinced that you Brits can't speak english anyway. :D
    Well, maybe the guy on the World Service can.
    thank you .... it feels like we're finally getting somewhere and the car is going well now.

And I've booked in for English lessons as well, on your advice .. so hopefully things will improve all round!!! ;)
    One advantage of having the Idiot King as our President these past 6 years is the unusually warm weather here in the Northeast. It's 70 degrees today. Of course, the entire human race may become extinct in another 200 years, but I'm really enjoying these greenhouse gases in the short term. I guess the polar bears may have a different point of view, but ... I've got a C70 and they don't drive anyway.

So - it's top down weather. My wife is amazed at my willingness to run errands.

This is definitely the best looking convertible on the road (they are all out today). Importantly - I finally got to test the back seat compartments (they do not lock like the front ones). Is this a programming thing, a car setting thing or just a quirk of the 07's? (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
    I'm Welsh - can I be excused? Not that I can speak Welsh either, except "Diolch yn fawr".
    Oops sorry if I used words that have double meanings.

I realized that I have also used ordinator instead of computer somewhere which is only my english version of the french word ordinateur.

I also tried a joke on erisaman but he knows me and hopefully he will not take it badly.

I see we are starting to talk politic now. This could bring some heat on the forum, particularly with the french presidential election coming soon and our position with regard to the war on Irak against USA AND UK.

And suddently I feel lonely...

I need to stop here., back to our common views on our C70.
    Don't feel lonely!!!! We'll keep it to C70 information/news only ..... you are absolutely right!!!
    Yep - I got the joke about the hairs in the wind and you are right - I'm losing mine rapidly but not because of the C70, that is keeping me sane at present!

I'm intrigued by that chip on cricket4's roof panel - anyone else suffered a 'stone chip/indentation' in such an unusual position? Sorry cricket4 - highjacking your thread in this way, but I think you'll understand my reasoning.
    I have a difficult time to visualize where the chip/indentation is located, but if it is really on one of the roof panel I would carefully check if this is not a problem due to the 3 panels stacked together when placed into the trunk. Maybe this is due to a deffective protection panel, where 2 panels touch each other and damage one of them like this.

We need a picture cricket4.
    I remember somebody mention he had more dust on his rear wheels than on his front wheels.

Here are some pictures. I don't think it is the case for me.
    They both are dirty in the same amount.

Rear Wheel

This one is a rear wheel

Front Wheel

This one is a Front Wheel

It does not show very well but the black is real black dust all over
  • tom007tom007 Member Posts: 40
    Thanks for the pictures.I can see both front and rear are about equally dusted. I am the one complaining about the difference and was told by dealer and a reply by Volvomax that all foreign cars have the problem. I just cleaned all wheels this morning before your post. I will let them go until Wednesday and then take a picture and show you the difference between back and front wheels.

I started using a micro-fiber yellow or white cloth on them. The back wheels will almost completely cover the 12" x 12" cloth on one side with black dust. I then will turn the cloth or get a new one and do the front wheels. You can barely see any dust on it. The other side is jet black over better than 75% of the cloth. I have found a way to clean the cloths now, so don't have to dispose of then as I was doing at first. I can drape the cloth over top of wheel to show dust on each set.Hope to get picture posted by Thursday if possible. It takes about three days to get them dirty in city driving or road driving.Have a great week in your ride.Mine is Celestial Blue also.

Tom
    I wish I could take a picture but my car is STILL at the dealership to fix the rubber molding on the windows, arghhh. (I have a bad feeling that the molding is not the problem, let's hope I'm wrong.) Back to the chip, strangely enough, I had just raised the top up when I noticed it. I'm not sure if it could be related to the lift mechanism. I will have to keep an eye on it. I'll work on getting a photo of the loaner and mark the approximate location of the chip... Since this is off topic - please go to the thread "Windows/Dents & Dings" [can't remember the exact wording on the title] - I'll have a link to my photos there.
  • henkbwhenkbw Member Posts: 22
    Hi Cucci,

I have the same experience with the fuel gauge. The first times I drove my car I really was shocked to see how quick the gauge decreased :cry: .
    But when I filled up again the amount of petrol was "normal". So, I did the only thing to do: Filled up a 5 liter can with petrol, placed it in the trunk and drove the tank complete empty. My experience: a: The fuel gauge decreases much to fast. b: The readout "km-->0 ("miles-->0") is Ok untill the yellow 'empty tank" light goes on: then it drops much to fast. c: The only accurate indication for amount of petrol left, is the "average liter/100km" readout. By resetting the tripmeter every time you fill up, knowing that the tank has a 62 liter capacity, you can calculate the estimated distance to 'empty tank'.

(I already raised this 'problem' to my dealer and they would inform Volvo. Not had an answer yet :( )

HenkBW
  • volvomorvolvomor Member Posts: 2
    Many thanks Volomax - I will bear your advice in mind as I visit a dealer for a test drive. Headroom my be an issue for me - we'll see.
  • tsk1tsk1 Member Posts: 31
    Don't the European C70s come with a trip computer? If so you probably want to use it! If not when it comes to filling a 5 liter can of petrol and running the tank empty. you may want to consider that you may have way too much time on your hands?
    Coming from an S80, I find the seats quite stiff, actually starting to suffer some lower back pain, anyone else noticed this?
    I recall your mention of the seats when you picked up your car - so they are still not quite to your taste? I find them acceptable but haven't been on a long drive to really test them. I would have thought that the adjustment range would have catered for most bodyforms - evidently not.

I would suggest a Celine Dion CD to help relax you - but maybe that's not such a good idea. :D
    Very funny - unfortunately Celine Dion makes me stiffen up.... I prefer classical or jazz.... Guess I will have to fool around with the seat adjustments and lumber support... but the seats in the S80 are much better.