Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Montero

1495051525355»

Comments

• canucksmittycanucksmitty Member Posts: 1
    I have this problem on my 2003 Montero LS over the years. IT now has 140,000kms and I love the vehicle.

The problem appears to be in the heater or AC hose. If I have it bled the sound goes a way for a while. Not I just live with it.

BTW I put a put an ARB front bumper with a 9000lb winch on after a little deer incident. Someday i post a link to some photos of my Montero.
  • birinbau_loverbirinbau_lover Member Posts: 1
    I have also noticed this problem with my Montero Sport. I wonder if it is the fuel injectors? Thoughts anyone?
  • kjinskkjinsk Member Posts: 5
    Sailing 216, Wondering how your Montero is doing, any signifigant events? Shelfishly I wondered if you could provide insight to your comment re Rear Ac cooling pipes. We had an event with 03 Ltd associated with failure of a rear heating line (I think beacause it had AF fluid in it) and overheating. Fixed the line (cut and splice), all seems well except the cabin fan will not work. Can you advise how the rear AC cooling line failure can lead to a blown engine? Any thoughts on the cabin fan (please see my post). Thanks
  • skeezix4meskeezix4me Member Posts: 1
    It's the end of 2008, and still no word of a replacement for the Montero. Has anyone heard anything yet? Mitsu USA isn't doing well, and the US economy is heading downhill. Do you think we will get a new Montero for 2009? Has anyone heard of plans for a new Montero? Any infomation would be great, thank!
  • memphis25memphis25 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever solve this problem? I just had the exact same issue following some work done to my car after being rear-ended. I got it back from the repair shop and the ac display & outdoor temp no longer worked. I tried to tell the repair people this and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about.
  • KCWBurlesonKCWBurleson Member Posts: 1
    2001 3.0 V6 running rough, hesitates at about 2300 RPM, and stalls at about 600 rpm. The OBDII codes that the MAF sensor is faulty. I replaced it with a remanufactured one. No change in performance, so I replaced it two more times; still no change in performance. Unplugged, the engine runs fairly good and does not stall at idle (won't pass inspection though). Plugging in the MAF sensor at idle speed causes the engine to stall. Any ideas? How could I test the wiring harness and the MAF sensor?
  • mikevegas06mikevegas06 Member Posts: 272
    if you don't get the answer in this blog, then search the blogs at mitsubishi-forums.com. they tend to have alot of tech info at that site. i caution you to search the blog before posting though. if not, you may be slapped with a lot of sarcasm.
  • 1985montero1985montero Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1985 montero 4 wheel, 2.6. My transmission is shot, slipping out of 2nd and 4th. Bleeding fluid from the main shaft. I need to replace or rebuid it.
    Question Can I use the 1985 mits truck transmission for the Montero? It's about 300 bucks, where the montero tranny is expensive. It seems to me that the tranny could be the same.

any ideas
  • muchachomuchacho Member Posts: 1
    has anyone changed electronic shocks to regular shocks on a mitsubishi montero sr
  • morrisminormorrisminor Member Posts: 4
    Hello, do not have manual, but does anyone know if the middle set of seats roll forward once the back of the seats are down? do they dislodge from the floor to roll up? Thanks
    The second row does roll forward. What year is your rig? If it's between the years of 2001 and 2006 (US model) then I can tell you exactly how to do it.
  • mujmanmujman Member Posts: 29
    It is very easy - just roll down the back part of the seat( there is a button you can lift on the top back) and simply lift the seat up from the bottom of the back side - When you have to reset the seat to it's original position you have to press on the red portion of the lever to make it straight. You can also take the seats off as well and store it outside the car for the middle seats. That need an extra step though. hope this helps.
  • lotakdzlotakdz Member Posts: 4
    The rear door on our 2002 LTD is stuck and I can't open it. When I tried pulling the handle from the outside (located over the license plate) it is loose and won't trip the door open. Is there an emergency release handle inside the cargo area? Do you know how I can open it? I looked at the inside door panel but could not see an obvious/easy way to remove the panel without possibly breaking it.
    For some reason the larger middle seat in our LTD does not flip forward. I use the lever on the side but it just moves up and down (very hard) and seems to be stripped. The back of the seat lays down fine but I can't get the whole thing to flip forward. Any idea's on how to free it up?

Thanks...
    I seem to be having lots of trouble with our LTD lately and have lost faith in our local Mitsubishi dealer (due to a problem they didn't fix correctly). I am trying to find a good repair manual but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know where I can find a good one? I came across an online service (eautorepair.net), does anyone know if their montero manual is good?

Thanks...
    The lever on the side is intended for adjusting the seatback angle solely. The lever on back of each of the seat backs allows the seat to fold flat and then tumble forward. Good luck.

BTW, the only other easily accessable repair manual that I can think of are the ones produced by Haynes. You can go to their website or just pick one up from any major auto parts store.
  • nickey25nickey25 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Montero Limited 4x4 and it makes this whining noise. It does not increase when I turn the wheel or anything and we checked my power steering fluid so I am at a lost as to what it might be.. Any takers?? Thanks for the info :P
  • bonefish1bonefish1 Member Posts: 4
    I have an 03 Montero Limited and took it to a detail place. They degreased and cleaned the engine but then tell me they can't get it to start. It turns over and sounds like it's trying to start but does not. Any ideas what this might be? Did they just knock something loose? They're letting it dry out another night and supposed to call me today.

The fine print on the receipt says that "owner assumes risk for engine cleaning" so the carwash place is limited in their liability.

Thanks in advance!!
  • skearbyskearby Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the same boat. Has anyone every replyed? Thanks
  • skearbyskearby Member Posts: 2
    http://www.fixya.com/cars/t1223791-back_door_mitshibshi_will_not_open_2002

follow this link for how to fix it. it is simple, the only thing I would add is that the directions in the link state to pull the license plate assembly up and I had to push mine down, and to take off the license plate first. It is entirly possible that all you need to do is spray a lot of lub into the mechanism, use the red spot sprayer stick that is on most cans to get it inside the actuator and then let it sit for an hour and then try to open it, you may not need to remove the plate holder if this works. Good luck.
  • tom215tom215 Member Posts: 5
    I don't know what is your model? But i have 01 Montero, and it does have the same problem this week. Remember back in 2001 there was a recall about the brake accumulator? I got that done back then. Any way, this time i went every Auto Park Stores in P.G and Mont. County, MD to looking for it, but none of them have it, ONLY dealer have them. I went to Mile One Mit. dealer and they told me $109 for the part, and about 1.5 hrs of labor. But they don't have it in stock. I went home call Mitsubishi and she told me that the accumulator was recall in 01, has attended warranty to 150k miles just go to dealer and tell them, they'll replace for you, no charge for the part, but you have to pay for the labor, I call other mit. dealer in Marlo Height, MD, and have that took care with NO CHARGE (part and labor). So please becarefull, don't let them rip you off, even dealer. :)
  • musi_ocimusi_oci Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I have 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Ltd. I am trying to find out original part number for the Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge Unit. My is broken, the gauge is not working, but I can not find the original part number, that I could order on-line. Thank you very much for help.
  • jetamericajetamerica Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased some parts from Mitsubishiparts.com, they have an online parts catalog. Go to electrical then instruments and gauges. You can also call them.
    Hi, I have 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Ltd. I am trying to find out original part number for the Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge Unit. My is broken - the sensor for this gauge, the gauge is going up and down, but I can not find the original part number, that I could order on-line. Thank you very much for help.
    send me your e-mail address and I will send you a document with pictures. greg
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you can save the document as a jpg or gif image, you can park it on your CarSpace page and future owners with sticky doors will be able to view it.
    Hi, I have 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Ltd. I am trying to find out original part number for the transmission oil filter.I need change the oil inside automatic transmission, but I can not find the original part number, that I could order on-line. Thank you very much for help.
  • mujmanmujman Member Posts: 29
    part # mentioned as Replaces OE part numbers MR357710 and 20012 for transmission filter
  • alexp373alexp373 Member Posts: 1
    I have MitsubishI Montero Limited 2001 with 74,000 miles on it. During the winter I had few times situation where gear shifter felt like it was "sticking" moving in a "thick oil", I attributed that to a cold weather. Just yesterday I came back from vacation (took different car) got into Montero and had problem shifting, it feld like shifter is moving in a thick mud. After few tries, I was able to drive in reverse, however shifting into "drive" is difficult and requires few tries before it catches. It feel almost like there is a glue in the gear box. Any idea what to look for?
  • dcmooredcmoore Member Posts: 14
    Anyone have a general idea as to how much a valve job on an '03 Montero Ltd. will set me back?
  • estoquinoestoquino Member Posts: 5
    HI...the number is MR506562..i know it because i buy one,cause i had same problem with my 2001 montero XLS,and that is not the solution. the problem is the hole intrument panel but the only thing afected is the temp gage,it is a comon problem in 2001-2006 models, and is expensive to fix(about 650$). .THE SOLUTION:buy a after market coolant temp gage (autometer is agood brand)install it and that all ...hope it help.">
  • estoquinoestoquino Member Posts: 5
    A lot.
  • griffman1griffman1 Member Posts: 1
    i hav a question for everyone........ i hav a 94 montero n the 2 top tires on the 4x4 indicator started falshing n wont stop no matter what i hav tried...... tried diffrent positions ..... 4 hi... 4lo.... nuteral.... backing up with 4 wheel engaged.... i think frt drive shafts r engaged... very loud 0v0r 50 mph.. manual says in transition when flashing...... how can i get it to stop n go bac to 2 wheel.... ????
    Hi, I have 2001 Mitsubishi Montero LTD.with engine 3,5V6 (6G74) SOHC. Does anybody knows if for this car can be used injectors from 1995 Montero with engine 3,5V6 DOHC. Thank you very much for help.