Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

The Lost Reatta

13»

Comments

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Since it's free, try out, say, www.photobucket.com, set up an account, and upload a few photos. Then copy the link over to one of the postings here.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I'll try, thanks!

Someone else suggested Snapfish but I can't get it to work.
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,685
    Appreciate that but I'm going to have to figure out how to even email people pictures. I thought I knew how but I guess I don't.

It's actually not hard. First, to get those pictures off the camera, you need to connect it to the computer. Most digital cameras come with a usb cable that hooks from the camera to the computer. And some computers nowadays even have built-in ports that will accept the memory card. Which is a good thing, because I lost the USB cable to my camera years ago!

Anyway, once you plug the camera, or the card, into the computer, usually a window will pop up asking you what you want to do. Or, you can go to "my computer"/"computer" (usually an icon on the desktop, or in the pull-up menu that comes from the lower LH corner of a PC), and the memory card should come up under "devices with removable storage". If you click on that, it'll open a window that shows files of all the pictures you took.

You can just click on the pictures you want and drag them to the desktop, which will copy them to your computer. And then, in an email, just click the attach file icon and then go search for it.

I probably made it sound more complicated than it really is, but hope this helps!
    Well, I was able to drag the photos to my desktop but that was about it.

I almost didn't mention that I bought the Reatta because I knew I would be asked to produce photos and that is something I lack the ability to do.

Thanks anyway.
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,685
    Well, if you got them to your desktop, that's half the battle! If you're using Yahoo mail, there's a button that says "attach files". When you click on it, it'll bring up a page where you can attach the files. Just click the "browse" button, then select the desktop, and you should be able to find your pictures.

Anyway, sorry if I put any pressure on you. Congrats on the car, though! Hope you enjoy it, and welcome to the wonderful world of Buick, that elusive clique inhabited by me, Lemko, Imidazol97, and, well, on Edmund's that's probably about it! :P
    edited June 2011
    No pressure. I appreciate the help my frined and sorry for being such a computer klutz. I'll eventually figure it out.

I do use Yahoo Mail so I'll play around.
This discussion has been closed.