Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    http://media.mitsubishicars.com is the place to find info on sales. And since were just halfway through November, sales figure won't be out until Dec. 01. Their latest sales figure can be found here: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2006110355293&mime=ASC

Surprisingly, Mitsu is in the rebound. 6 months of sustained increase in sales. And this does not even include the Outlander figures for November. I talked to the Internet guy at a dealership near us, and he said their dealership had 15 of these Outlanders when they started shipping the last week of October. Now barely a month after, They only have 4 left. And this became a problem for me because I can't find the color I wanted, the Graphite Gray 4WD XLS with Navi. He said he searched it with a 200 mile radius and he can't find a match. Good thing I'm not too picky with colors and I'd be happy to take a Cool Silver. He found only 2 of these too. It seems the high end models are selling out fast. And I think it should be that way, since it's real value for money.

But since it's thanksgiving today, he might have the car dealer swapped this Friday, the 24th. So if anyone out there located 150-200 miles around Northwest Indiana and Chicago area, and happen to know a 07Outlander Graphite Gray 4wd XLS with Navi for sale, please give a shout here ;) and help me get the color I wanted. :)
  • blackb13blackb13 Member Posts: 35
    Just picked up our 07 XLS 4WD (every option) this evening. It took a week to get the white color in that we wanted (traded from another dealer). There is a 12week + backorder on the dark gray, black, white, and blue XLS's 4WD with Navi. AFAIK, we have the only white XLS 4WD in the Midwest.

I've been extremely satisfied with the purchase and the truck thus far. The dealer was courteous and we received a fair price.

I know it's only been 3hrs, but the only thing I don't like is the pass front legroom. Everything else I'm in love with. Definately gets 2 thumbs up. :shades:
    From this press release: http://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/pressrelease/e/corporate/detail1559.html

"Exports to North America rose to 3,514 units, 108. 7 percent of the October 2005 total due to healthy orders of the new Outlander model in the U.S. market."

And it's not all about importing for North America, but exporting too.

"North American production came in at 9,425 units, a 6.9 percent rise year-on-year due to an increase in production of the Galant export model."

And for exports, it would also include the 07 Eclipse and Eclipse Spyder, which are now also being sold in various markets in Asia.
  • abangabang Member Posts: 44
    I was also interested in the Santa Fe. However, the Hyundai dealership was sleazy, so sleazy they told me the price of the Santa Fe depended on my credit rating (LOL). I walked out without getting a price and ended up buying the Outlander from a dealership that treated me with courtesy and respect.

I agree, the Santa Fe is a nice ride. My main concern is long term durability. It is built in a new factory by newly trained employees and only time will tell how well these cars hold up. The Outlander is built in Japan with 100% Japanese parts content which gives me a little more comfort. Of course, no guarantees there, Japanese built cars also have their share of defects.
  • skinnypeteskinnypete Member Posts: 8
    Having problems finding the Sun and Sound package - but, other than that, I've made a deal. I'm ready to buy, and even after 8 years of leasing from Mitsubishi, I can't seem to get 0% on the 07 Outlander. I guess because it's brand new. But, did I read on here that Canadian dealers are offering 0%? It was the deal breaker for me. To the point where they took my information and are going to call me if/when 0% offer is available. Was anyone anywhere able to get 0% on this or is it pretty much Mitsu-wide?

- Skins
  • dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    07 Outlander is not available in Canada yet, therefore if you read 0% financing/lease it's for the 06 Outlander.
    "I'm in the Chicago area, if anyone is interested I can give you my contact at the dealer..."

Hi dave, I'm interested in the dealership you're talking about. I'm ready to buy this SUV, if I get a good price. I think you're allowed to post the dealership name, city and state. Thanks :)
  • dave82dave82 Member Posts: 43
    "Exports to North America rose to 3,514 units, 108. 7 percent of the October 2005 total due to healthy orders of the new Outlander model in the U.S. market."

This is just another example of Mitsubishi being creative with statistics. Sales for old models always decrease when a new model is coming out--manufacturers are ramping down production of the old model and consumers are holding off on their purchases until the new model arrives. If you look at the current inventory reports in Automotive News, you'll see that Mitsubishi currently has a 140 day supply of Outlanders, which indicates that Outlander sales have been pretty poor lately.
    140 day supply of 06 Outlander I guess. Not too many people would by the old model knowing that the new one is coming so it makes sense. They will try to get rid of the old ones with big incentives (0% financing for example). Good time to buy for the ones looking for the 06 Outlander. My 2 cents only ...
    If you look at the current inventory reports in Automotive News, you'll see that Mitsubishi currently has a 140 day supply of Outlanders, which indicates that Outlander sales have been pretty poor lately.

Links would be appreciated. It's easy to say this and that, but we need proof.

-edit-
    quick background check from your previous posts tells me that you're a not really a Mitsu fan, are you? ;)
  • needforspeed29needforspeed29 Member Posts: 13
    I'am from the Chicago area and would like to know the dealer who you dealt with on your purchase too. This outlander IMHO blows away the competition in price, quality, safety, and fun to have gadgets all bundle up at a very reasonable price. I can now see why it is beating the competition, sales wise, in Japan. I just hope they export more XLS - 4WD models in Chicago because I hate when manufacturers keep production volume down in order to drive up the price/demand. Mitsu has no reason to when they are striving for more sales....Bring some more to Chi-town.
    The link to the current US car inventory figures can be found at:
    http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061113/DATACENTER/61110055/- 1074/FREE&title=U.S.%20car%20and%20light-truck%20inventories,%20as%20of%20Nov.%2- 01

Note that you need to be a current subscriber in order to view the on-line data; otherwise, most libraries carry the hard copy of Automotive News.

Something that you can read on-line about Mitsubishi in today's news:

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/11/28/business/16152426&sec=- business

And you're entirely correct, I'm not a Mitsu fan.
    A quote from your link:
    " The loan, which will help fund the development of cars, is being led by Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, the core bank in the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc and is being co-managed by the Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corp."

I don't see anything wrong with that. The fact that they can still borrow money is proof these lending institutions believe Mitsubishi will be able to repay them. I think nobody will argue with you if your point is that Mitsu is in financial struggle. A lot of other auto manufacturers are. Mitsu has been restructuring, and so far sales has been up. You can read here (no need to register): http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2006110355293&mime=ASC

MMNA's sales have shown consistent growth over the past six months, the first six months of the business year. Sales are expected to increase significantly in November with the addition of the Outlander, Mitsubishi's all new fuel efficient crossover SUV.

The December figures are 3 days away so let's see how exactly did the Outlander perform.

And to be honest, I don't really care what people say about Mitsu's finances, I'm still getting the 07 Outlander! Same piece of **** we hear from biased auto-reviews, who talks of Mitsu's finances instead of reviewing the car :P So spies and agents paid by other auto companies can get lost, because I'm all fed up by all that peppering of FUD stuff. :P :P ;)
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm not investing in Mitsubishi. As long as they bring products like this on the market (see new 08 Lancer), I'm fine with it. I don't buy brand, history, etc. I buy an enjoyable vehicle ... All I need apart from this is reliability and value for the buck; Mitsu doesn't seem to fall short on these.
    And guess what - Mitsu is borrowing $485M to develop products, Ford is borrowing $18B to close factories (amongst the others). How is that?
    2008 Lancer
    I just drove home tonight a Black 07 Outlander XLS 4WD with beige leather interior, with all factory options in (Navi, Sun and Sound, and Luxury package). This was after almost 2 weeks of dealing and waiting, but all that trouble got rewarded when the dealer finally found the exact model I was looking for. Graphite Gray is my first choice for the color, but since finding the exact specs was almost not possible due to the fact that the car of the same spec didn't exist at a 200 mile radius from my area 6 days ago, so I really cannot complain about the color. Plus, looking at it now, I kinda seem to like the black exterior contrasted by the beige leather interior. All in all, I am happy with my first car purchase, and I got the specs I want. :P

Price paid was not actually invoice. I paid $28,800 for the car, and after TTL the final price was $30,628. I believe the extra price above invoice was a fair amount since it was not on the dealer's lot and the salesman had to get the car some 70 miles from a distant dealership. At that price it's still $1,478 less than the published TMV price for this trim. And the fact that it's a rarity to find this exact same specs in my area, I cannot complain.

I got the car from South Holland Mitsubishi through Internet sales, and I skipped all the haggling with the price. I talked to only one person, the internet manager and locked on the price before I even went to the dealership. Saved me all the trouble of going through a classic dealing process. Now I can outeverything, everything! :P Haven't got the time to play with all the toys yet, but the good thing is the Bluetooth Handsfree system worked with my Nokia 3650.

Fine hail was falling down on our way home, the road was slick but yes, handling was exceptional with this car. Though I had trouble figuring the auto and manual modes because I just jumped in and drove it home. I have yet to do a thorough manual review to max out all the features. And guess what, I get to pay my first monthly payment on Christmas day, so Christmas came early for me :D
    Congrats and happy motoring! Don't forget to report back your good and bad experience. Drive safe!
    Forgot to ask you if your XLS came with the "tonneau cover".
  • spyderonespyderone Member Posts: 54
    I was wondering if you looked at anything else. I have been looking at the Outlander and the Hyundai Santa Fe. I like the looks of the Outlander, but the interior of the Santa Fe seems better. With the top of the line Outlander at around $30,000 you would think they would include homelink and a little better quality sunvisor with a lighted vanity mirror. What reasons made you pick the Outlander over everything else. I appreciate your input.
    Just out of curiosity, how bad is the quality of the sun visors and why would the lit vanity mirror be important? I hope this it's not a deal breaker for you. I'm asking this with honesty and because I have seen the same remark in a different review. Assuming that you are not using the vanity mirror to put your make-up on in the night, why would you need it lit for anyway? :confuse:
    The November numbers are out. Mitsubishi reported 1,694 sales for 07 Outlander. Good or bad for Mitsu this time of the year?
  • pauld37pauld37 Member Posts: 14
    I started my journey down SUV ville in October. Being 6'5'', I have driven American made minivans for the last 11 years. The positioning of the dashboard plastics is critical to one with a 35'' inseam.

The 2.5 yr old clunker had gotten a new alternator and battery in July, at 36,900 miles. The US dealer didn't care that the van was 2.5 yrs old, or that I was in the day before for my pre-paid maintenace checkup at 36,000; or that I bought the last 3 vans from them.

It was time to look elsewhere. A new job 35 miles away and having to be on the phone while in the auto, made a smaller auto and bluetooth essential.

To be complete, I test drove the RAV4, the CRV, the Santa Fe and the Outlander. The contoured cockpit of the RAV4 made getting in and out challenging. The CRVs tilt/telescoping steering gave me the most leg room, but the shifter pod rubbed up against my leg. The space in the Santa Fe and Outtie were similar. The Outtie won on price and the bluetooth.

The HORROR - I spent the last week negotiating with 3 dealers. Cherry Hill Tri; D'Ambrogio; Faulkner in Philly. First two are volume dealers and the third could not compete. D'Ambrogio thought they could get me an XLS, tan interior, 4wd and sun/sound. When I got to the dealer, they realized sun/sound comes with leather. Wife HATES leather, out of the question. They suggested if I take one off the lot, they would increase the incentives. They only had 1 XLS with black and 2wd and 1 XLS black fully loaded on the lot. I succumbed to the promise from Cherry, which I had prior to going to D'A that they had exactly what I wanted for the same price. On the way home I called D'A and explained that I was going to Cherry first, and then if it did not work out, I would be back. D'A again sweetned the deal.

I showed up at Cherry at 6:30 PM. While test driving I noticed their new car had 2200 miles on it. When asked the salesman claimed ignorance. He then stated a car is new up to 5000 miles? It was tan, but only 2 wd. He then tried to sell me the car at a much reduced discount then promised on the phone and through email. With that - I walked away.

Drove back to D'A. I called on the way in and told them I wanted the Silver with black XLS, 2wd. As I was tired, I did not want to go through normal car buying experience. Sales dude took care of this. I showed up at the dealer at 8:20. I noticed the car I wanted wasn't in the same place as it was in the afternoon. 5 minutes later the sales dude drove up said he was gassing it up. It was already prepped and ready to go. Signed the paperwork, just me and the sales dude. Out by 9 PM.

Price was $1,000 below invoice for the XLS, black interior, 2wd was $21,981. TTL price kind of useless as I live in Philly and had a trade-in. The tan interior and 4wd would have cost $2000+ more if I wanted to wait 4 weeks. Th extra added incentives to the minivan REALLY added up. Having driven 2wd cars my whole life around Philly, I went with the 2wd.

Email me for details on names.
    This would not be a deal breaker for me. I just want to make sure that whatever I get is good quality and is well priced for the content.
    I got it. Same here. My complaints so far would be the door panels and the lack of 17" wheel option on the LS. But overall, I think the 07 Outlander is still good value for the money compared to the competition (IMO limited to RAV4 V6 and Grand Vitara).
  • sampowerssampowers Member Posts: 30
    I like yourself am split between the two. It seems that the Outlander has the SF beat on price, but I think the SF is a better built vehicle overall. I am still waiting on a dealer to contact me here in Houston. They don't have anything but the base here.
  • tanders1tanders1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I really liked the Outlander, and I was prepared to buy one today, an XLS with Nav, Luxury and Sun&Sound package that the dealer offered at 500 over invoice. But after a test drive I walked away. I had test driven the Outlander twice before, albeit in an LS model. In both cases, there was excessive wind noise coming (I would guess) from the mirrors. The wind noise starts at around 40 mph and gets much worse at 60 mph and above. I did not notice that in the first Outlander I drove but I think it was mainly city driving at even lower speeds. I noticed it in the second Outlander and thought something was wrong with the car. But today, I was prepared to buy the car, looks really nice, has all the features, and the price is right, but again, the wind noise is crazy. I am not picky here, I am coming from a '99 Honda CR-V with 4 cylinder that's quite noisy. I really wasn;'t prepared to shell out $30k for a car with these problems. I am surprised noone ever mentioned this.

Is there something wrong with these two cars I drove or is this a flaw with the Outlander? I think it's OK to hear some wind noise at highway speeds, but when I can hear it clearly (and it's annoying trust me) at 40 mph in town, then something is not right.

Can anyone confirm this? I really like the car otherwise but I don't think I can live with this annoyance.
    Forgot to ask you if your XLS came with the "tonneau cover".

Is that the cargo area cover? Nope it did not came with that. But I think it's being sold as an accessory.
    Is there something wrong with these two cars I drove or is this a flaw with the Outlander? I think it's OK to hear some wind noise at highway speeds, but when I can hear it clearly (and it's annoying trust me) at 40 mph in town, then something is not right.

Nope I didn't notice that in the car I bought. I would surely have as the weather was turning bad the time I drove it home. High winds with fine hail falling.
  • pippin518pippin518 Member Posts: 12
    I'm ready to move on getting my XLS 4WD here too...please post your contact and dealer. Thanks!
    I was wondering if you looked at anything else. I have been looking at the Outlander and the Hyundai Santa Fe. I like the looks of the Outlander, but the interior of the Santa Fe seems better.

Internet research sold me to this car. The overall package, all the features it offered and at an attractive price, the Outlander IS it. With regards to interior, I don't think I'll call the beige interior of my Outlander inferior to a Santa Fe. No, I think it complements the black exterior. It's all about personal taste. And people will always differing taste. Stick to the car you LIKE. It could be an Outlander, a CRV, a Santa Fe, etc, get the car you're happy with.
    It goes to continue: "Outlander sales closed the month at 1,694 units, up 41.7% from November 2005 volume"

So yes it's a good start for the Outlander, and for Mitsu. I hope that it's a sustained growth for them.
    Is that the cargo area cover? Nope it did not came with that. But I think it's being sold as an accessory.

Yes it is. This suck though because it's an $310 accessory and in the original feature list from Mitsu (see below) it was standard on LS and XLS.
    Link
    Oh yeah, it's listed. Hmm, I didn't really get check everything before we left for Missouri today. I will reconfirm that when I get back on Monday. Thanks for pointing that out.
    No problem. Let me know how it works out.
    We all are looking for different things and what is important to me might not matter to someone else. For example, I told a coworker that I was somewhat disappointed that the Outlander remote does not make a beep when you lock the car like my dughter's altima does. This is nice when we are inside the house and want to make sure the car is locked but are too lazy to go outside and check. My co worker told me she hates the beep.

Sorry to dig up this issue, but it's bugging me because the Outlander I bought had the same issue even when locked twice through remote. But, reading from the manual, this is actually a programmable "answerback" function. And I never knew this before. Turns out this car has a lot of techie stuff into it than advertised. :D You can read the 07 Outlander manual at pages 3-9 to 3-10 on how to set the answerback function of your F.A.S.T. key system. If it has a Navi screen, you can program it from there. And it turns out there are 7 possible configurations!! Will play with this feature when I get back to my car on Monday.
  • ghettofabulousghettofabulous Member Posts: 15
    After I posted, I discovered if I hit the lock icon on the remote twice, the car does make a beep. I drove the car this weekend to my daughter's basketball tournament from Los Angeles to Visalia. It's great. It even told us the roads were icy. I love the nav system and stereo. Let me know about the different configurations. My Outlander just passed the 500 mile mark. I'm very happy with this car.
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    "What reasons made you pick the Outlander over everything else. I appreciate your input."
    You may want to check few discussions on other forums, where we compared Mitsu to other cars:
    -2007 Hyundai Santa Fe from post# 1539,
    -and Hyundai Santa Fe vs Rav4 vs CX7 vs Ford Edge from post# 292 and then from post# 328
    piast

Thank you for the info. I am still not completely sure which way to go. I like the Santa Fe, but I think I am leaning more toward the Outlander.
    I looked at some other numbers and it seems like the Outlander did pretty well in the first months given the circumstances. It did better than the CX-7 and similar to the RDX in the first month. Far behind CRV in its first month though (over 20,000).
    If it would help in your purchasing decision, as an owner, I have zero complaints with this SUV, as I progress with my thorough study of the manual, I get to discover a lot more feature I never knew. If you can get a longer test drive, take it. Make an acute observation of the handling and the engine response. Nothing beats personal experience. My only hope is that the dealer doesn't spoil your enthusiasm. I hope you can get it for a price way below MSRP. Good luck in your hunt. Be it a Santa Fe or an Outlander, get the car you WANT. :)
    "Far behind CRV in its first month though (over 20,000)"

It's okay :) Let's face it, the CR-V has fame. My guess is that a big % of that 20,000+ never had a competitive comparison, and bought the CR-V because it was a Honda.

Just my opinion, but the fact that I had major difficulty getting an XLS 4WD with all 3 factory options, meant that more people are buying the higher end trim. And why not? MMNA offers great APR%, and at the price, that specific trim has the most bang bang for the buck.
    It's okay Let's face it, the CR-V has fame. My guess is that a big % of that 20,000+ never had a competitive comparison, and bought the CR-V because it was a Honda.

I totally agree. I compared mainly the numbers with other brand new and not established compact SUVs. CRV and RAV4 are a distinct category from this stand point. The CRV number was just for reference. I would have not expected the Outlander to beat the CRV or RAV4.
    One thing to note, the numbers for CRV have dropped in November to about 16,000. Is the hype slowing down?
    The Outlander had a decent month, but will it be able to build sales momentum given Mitsubishi's meager advertising budget? Sales for the CX-7 have more than doubled because it has garnered good reviews *and* Mazda has an advertising budget. Also, while the Outlander sales increased 126% from the prior month, sales for the Endeavor and Raider plummeted by 46%. For Mitsubishi to be successful, they need new buyers, not just people that were planning to buy another Mitsubishi
    IMHO Mitsubishi is a three-car company in NA right now: Outlander, Eclipse/Spyder and Evo. The rest of their cars doesn't really count. Out of the three, two of them are niche vehicles. Only Outlander could be considered a volume seller. I hope the new Lancer will be a good vehicle and it will become a good contender for the volume sales. Also, I hope that Mitsubishi will continue to build a competitive product line, which they don't really have right now. I wish I could buy an Evo IX MR. This car runs circles around all Hondas, Toyotas and you name it. The only competition is Subaru WRX STI when it comes to performance. And as a car enthusiast, I respect Mitsubishi for building such a machine. For the average Joe, this does not matter and he will be happy driving around in a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla, which is fine too.
  • outlander2007outlander2007 Member Posts: 22
    No need to panic. Yesterday, within 2 minutes drive from home to the Future shop, I saw five Outlanders 2006. All of them LS models, all different colours and options (i can tell :) because i spent weeks researching this little SUV). I was in shock LOL when i parked my car next to yet another Outlander (White LS, winter tires, no security package, 2wd). That was the Outlander number SIX... And guess what i was driving? You are right about that "OUTLANDER"!!! I just bought it with 0% financing. I figured that a new outlander is more $$$ and I will hate to pay more $$$ in interest. The new Outlander has a MINIVAN-like look, and you can NOT compare my Outlander's interior with a new one. I got huge discount on the 2006 model!!! Every time i look at 2006/2007 RAV4 or 2006 Honda CRV, I think that only crazy people buy them. What an ugly design with spare wheel at the back. Mitsubishi Outlander is a MUCH nicer car !!! I am sure that new 2007 will do OK in Canada, but I just could not wait, and did not see a reason (did I mention it looks like a minivan?)
    Ok, ok. :P Please stop calling my SUV a minivan, because it's not. :P No offense taken. Congrats on your new purchase. :D It's a good thing you bought the SUV you wanted. 0% APR is a great deal.
    Oh yeah, it's listed. Hmm, I didn't really get check everything before we left for Missouri today. I will reconfirm that when I get back on Monday. Thanks for pointing that out.

Nope, it's not included. I even doublechecked the list of equipments from the windows sticker, it's not there too. I guess they removed it in the final product feature.
    If you feel better calling the 07 Outlander a minivan, feel free to do so, but for the sake of the truth, it IS NOT a minivan. Happy motoring in your new 06 Outlander. Did I mention that the "beauty is in the eyes of beholder"?
    I guess I will have to budget that in. Or, who knows, Canada will get it standard. I wish ...
    I downloaded the MS Word format of the features list, and it said at the bottom "Features and options subject to change without notice". I went to check the final features list at the product website, and yes, the tonneau cargo cover is no longer listed. too bad. would have been a great extra. :)
  • outlander2007outlander2007 Member Posts: 22
    OK... It's Not a Minivan... It looks like one, but it's not. :confuse:
    They always say "Features and options subject to change without notice". They really mean it. Some of my 2006 fitures were not exactly as web site says. image

Not a Minivan... Whatever makes you happy. :P ">