Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    Freight/PDI doesn't seem to be province dependant. It's $1,345 flat.
    MSRP Invoice
    Outlander LS 4WD $26,998 $24,964.64

$2,000 to negotiate. Not bad.
    I think $500-600 over invoice would be a fair price to pay (no additional dealer fees).
    What do you think?
  • no5no5 Member Posts: 10
    As long as there's a steady stream of people wanting them (and since it just landed), you'll have your work cut out to get that kind of deal. If you can, then Fantastic.

If you live in a larger city such as Toronto or Vancouver, where they have numerous Mitsu dealerships and/may have a good quantity of Outlander stock, it'll be in your favour for sure.

In the case where I live...1 Mitsu dealership, limited stock - NO DEALS.
    I'm in Toronto and will not buy until few months later. I hope I will be able to get a fair deal if not a fantastic. I wish I could wait until I could get a fantastic deal - invoice price let's say, fall time perhaps?
  • acurasacuras Member Posts: 14
    It sounds overall like a great vehicle at a good price. Our old Mitsu was a good experience so I would got back to them. Looking to get rid of 2nd CRV my wife has had. Outlander much better looking and lots more toys than new crv, so I won't even drive it. Too butt ugly. Same for RAV. Only wish the Canadian car had HIDs like loaded ones in the USA. Will check CarCost in about 4 months to see if incentives show up.
    The only thing that bugs me in regards to the Outlander is the relatively cheap interior materials and execution in some cases, but when I look at the price, exterior/interior design, features, powertrain, I kind of forget about it. Still two months to sleep on it until I can buy it. CR-V is not in my books due to I4, looks, gear shifter placement, not to mention the outrageous Canadian price.
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    I'm in a larger group of people (I hope) which thinks it's interior actually is pretty nice. I checked and compared it very close again last weekend on Chicago auto show to Santa Fe, CRV, RAV4, Edge, XL7, etc. IMO is the same as the rest in this price group. Unless you comparing it to BMW, Audi or Lexus.
  • growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    I wouldnt put CR-V down even if I am a mitsu owner now. Reason is that CR-V in its uplevel trim has a very nice interior and its I-4 is adequate while giving fuel savings. Most importantly, CR-V has Outlander BEAT when its time for resale. I wont argue with that. In the long run CR-V will be cheaper to own than outlander only because of its resale.
  • jowettjowett Member Posts: 12
    "Most importantly, CR-V has Outlander BEAT when its time for resale. I wont argue with that. In the long run CR-V will be cheaper to own than outlander only because of its resale."

Maybe not........In 5 years time assuming average mileage driven, there will still be 5 years of factory warranty to tranfer to a new owner.That has to be worth a considerable amount to a buyer of a 5 year old vehicle.
    "CR-V in its uplevel trim has a very nice interior and its I-4 is adequate"
    I don't find it any better than competition. Performance numbers are adequate to do what? Grocery shopping - probably. Plus it is not to pretty on the outside.
    What you think you are going to gain on resale, you are loosing on purchase. You will pay 2K more now, you will get about same back after few years. More than 4 years and only things like body and interior condition plus millage counts, regardless of the make.
    You guys are optimists. I am not counting on much resale value on mitsus. Have to keep it really long which I am okay with.
  • solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    i DRIVE 'EM FOR 100,000 miles and then give 'em to my grandkids....

Give me 100,000 miles for 22 G's....I call that a deal..!
    I too agree that the interior design is nice (I take it over any other compact SUV), but it has some short comings in the execution. I'm not event complaining about plastic quality, but fit and finish. I listed few items in the thread related to the interior.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the car for what it is and most likely I will end up getting it. My benchmark for quality and sporty economy interior is Mazda3.
    My point is that a compact SUV should have a small V6 engine. My Mazda3 has 2.3l, 160 hp and I call that adequate, but 2.4L, 166 hp, and more weight it cannot be anything else but underpowered in my books. I guess it's a matter of personal preference too. In Canada the the CR-V EX costs $32,600. The Outlander LS 4WD + Convenience Package is $28,250. If you factor in the tax impact, the difference would be $4,959. Plus, I may be able to buy the Outlander cash, but not the CRV, therefore, the difference may increase due to the cost of borrowing. Plus, I may be able to negotiate a better price on Mitsubishi so the final difference increases even more.
    After 5 years, would I be able to recover 5K+ in resale value? Maybe or maybe not. If I brake even, I have the satisfaction that for the 5 years I drove the car I like, not just a vehicle with good resale value. Anyone else may have different point of view, but this is mine for now.
  • billyybillyy Member Posts: 11
    I dont know what is additional dealer fees for? Does it mean the Documentations fee? Dealer was saying something like $500.00 for document fee. Should I pay for it? Beside the car price, freight and tax, What else charge will be show in the bill? :confuse:

Dont know why LS doesnt come with HID and fog light
    "Dealer was saying something like $500.00 for document fee. Should I pay for it?"
    Don't even think about it. Say no to anything more than $50
    And be strong. Charges other that tax, title and registration are extra profit for dealer.
    I can't agree more.
    HID is not available on LS for sure, but you could add the fog lights. In the US, you could buy the Phone&Fog package ($490), which gives you the fog lights and the Bluetooth interface. If you want the fog lights only, they are $310.
    In Canada, there is no Phone& Fog package, but you could buy both options as accessories on the LS.
    I thought the differences between us and canada were canadians get heated mirrors and the cargo cover, but they lose hids. Are there other differences too?

This puts the crv to shame lookswise. CRV plastic on bottom looks like a turret on a castle- very ugly. Also, they increase HP so incrementally is crv it will take till 2016 to get 200 hp. Honda loves to manipulate its owners. We have had 4 of their cars -very good but no better than the other japanese we own.
  • johnny98johnny98 Member Posts: 88
    If you're in the USA, everything is negotiable. Once you've negotiated a price, the dealer should not be adding any additional fees (except for government fees like sales tax and registration).
    Canada did not get the heated mirrors, but we got the cargo cover. HIDs are not available in Canada in any trim.
    The XLS 4WD comes fully loaded, except for NAVI&RES ($4000 for the pack). The price of the XLS is $33K CAD. In other words, you cannot get the XLS with cloth or without RF sound, sunroof,etc.
    you sure there are no heated mirrors in Canada? I thought I saw it on the spec list.
    Sure because it was on my wish list but Mitsu didn't listen. I wish I was wrong. I'll double-check.
    Man, lack of heated mirrors would be a huge omission for Canadian market.
    It is, but not much we could do about it. Perhaps Mitsu will add it in coming years.
    if you use mistsu canada's web site for the outlander, and at least for the xls then use the compare button. I compared it to a crv feature for feature. Both list heated mirros as included. anyone in canada with a outlander tell us if it has heated mirrors?
    Material black folding power side-view mirrors STD STD -
    Colour-keyed folding power side view mirrors PKG PKG STD

No heated sideview mirrors according to spec sheet. I would love to be wrong..

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/2007/Outlander/Specs.aspx?lng=2
  • bearishly4ubearishly4u Member Posts: 38
    Just thought I'd mention that the main reason I was back in the market only months after buying an 06 Honda Element was due to wanting more power. The Element NEVER felt under powered but never felt it had an abundance either. One week in I'm already more attached to my Outlander than the Element even though the E was in my favorite color...orange!
    Lynchburg Mitsubishi in Virginia was so nice. They delivered my new Outlander (over 2 hour drive) and as I mentioned before, beat everyone's price. I also just got a tin of cookies from them with a thank you card. Maybe I've just been using the wrong dealers but this is a first for me...a gift from the dealer!
    yeah if you look at the spec list, there is no mention of heated mirrors. If you use the compare function, it shows heated mirrors. There is an inconsistency there.
    You are darn right. Didnt notice that. Loved the comparo with Rav4. Talk about value for money. But then I have a feeling that Rav4 is a very high quality vehicle in the long run.
    From what I read on various Mitsubishi owners reviews, Mitsu cars a pretty reliable too.
  • thekingtheking Member Posts: 107
    There is 1 problem........go trade in an Outlander.....Mitsu has very bad resale value.........!!!!! :cry:
    I understand and respect that issue...however the best "real" trade offer I got on the Element was almost 4k below original msrp. Luckily I didn't pay msrp...and didn't on the Outlander either.
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    go trade in an Outlander.....Mitsu has very bad resale value

And I wonder who sets these values. IMO, if your car has a been well maintained with a respectable service record, you can always ask for a good resale value. I think the resale value is more affected by how much other people would want to buy your 2nd hand car, rather than how well you maintained your car. When I bought my Outlander, I knew Mitsus don't get high resale values, mainly because most people like 2nd Hondas and Toyotas. But when I bought it for a good price, I always intended it for keeps. This Outlander will be a family CUV for years to come. And I bet it will be a good 6-8 years before a totally new model comes out. If I sell it after 3-4 years, I will lose big money, and I don't see why I would sell it. Every time I drive it I still enjoy the handling and acceleration as much as I did when it was new.
    Enjoying it is what counts the most. As I always say, "If you're not having fun, you're wasting the gas"! :D
  • jflorjflor Member Posts: 20
    "There is 1 problem........go trade in an Outlander.....Mitsu has very bad resale value"

This problem comes from ideas and opinions of people who have never owned or actually driven a mitsubishi vehicle. To cite an example, my brother-in-law says to everyone that mitsubishi cars and SUVs have poor quality when in fact he has never owned one! My experience with mitsubishi started with a 1987 1.4L RWD lancer and because of it was so reliable, i never changed brands. My wife's 2003 outlander still drives and looks like new and she intends to drive it as long as she can. Why? because it never has given her a headache after all these years. I presently drive a 2004 galant which was way way cheaper than a camry or a accord and much as i want to buy the new 2007 outlander, i still enjoy driving my current car day after day.
  • thekingtheking Member Posts: 107
    You are right.........If you keep a car or truck until the wheels fall off then resale does not mean anything...I have always felt that there are circumstances like a job loss or a need to sell the vehicle unexpectedly that resale value is important...as I always say have the best of health and happiness with your new vehicle :)
    There is 1 problem........go trade in an Outlander.....Mitsu has very bad resale value.........!!!!!

It is a problem I agree... there is a reason why HonYotas are laughing all the way to the bank.
    The wise financial solution would be to buy a $2000 used car in decent condition, that would last you 4-5 years and invest the rest of the money that you would pay on a Honda or Toyota. At the end of the term, I bet would really laugh at the bank. The unfortunate thing is that Honda and Toyota don't build inexpensive AND good looking AND fun to drive cars. I don't have anything against Honda or Toyota, they build good cars, but every time I was shopping for a car, I couldn't stick to them.
  • phinneas519phinneas519 Member Posts: 113
    Honda and Toyota laugh all the way to the bank as long as people buy their cars. They're not really concerned about what happens after the first person buys it.

The problem with buying a Toyota or Honda and having resale value be a factor, you pay extra if you're the first buyer. On average, you will pay $2,000-3,000 more after final negotiation on one of their vehicles if customer stories hold any truth with you. The worst part is that that "resale premium" you pay for at the initial sale of the car depreciates as well, which leaves you without a real advantage in terms of profit (though finding a buyer may be easier).

In the end, it's best to buy what you like best and can also afford. Unless you change cars like underwear, you shouldn't buy a car you don't enjoy simply because you feel it will be worth more down the road. If you plan on driving it up to 100,000 miles, then resale value definitely shouldn't be a concern because at that point, cars are all heavily-depreciated at that point, no matter the brand.

Just buy what feels right.
  • solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    Good post....

I paid Invoice for my XLS...[paid cash] ..I figure that a comparably equipped Honda or Toyota would have cost me over $4 G's more...at least...

Now, what did I do with the extra $4 G's....?

I bought 6 one oz. gold coins.....

Guess who will come out ahead in 5 years....! :)
  • ajm831ajm831 Member Posts: 11
    Just ordered the new beige XLS fully loaded from South Park Mitsubishi here in Pittsburgh. Between my trade (2000 outback) and the discount for the Outlander, I thought that I was treated fairly. ($1600 off MSRP and $7500 for my beat up Outback). They couldn't find any beige cars and had to order it from the factory. I keep my cars for quite a while. Does any body have any experience with the extended warranty? What's a good price for that? I was quoted 10% off the retail price. thanks.
  • gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    I am waiting for this color to be in stock so I can see it.
    Looks like off white or cream on mitsubishicars.com. May take a while but I can wait.
  • smlpkg611smlpkg611 Member Posts: 15
    Help. I'm seriously considering buying an Outlander LS. I have a few questions about it, if any one can give me some info.

1. In laymen's terms, what is the difference between the 18 inch and 16 inch tires, besides 2 inches? What difference does it mean in handling, ride, etc.? I haven't met a car salesman who could explain it to me!

2. Are the top rails just for show or are crossbars available to mount ski racks or other stuff on? If they are, does Mitsubishi offer them or would I have to go the aftermarket route?

3. Color...such a personal choice. My preference would be for red but the Phoenix Red is such an 'in your face'red. I've having a hard time deciding which one I would pick.

The only other car I'm seriously considering is a Subaru Outback wagon. My current ride is a Chevy Suburban in Dark Carmine Red. I'm in the NY area.
    2. Are the top rails just for show or are crossbars available to mount ski racks or other stuff on? If they are, does Mitsubishi offer them or would I have to go the aftermarket route?

http://paxtech.blogspot.com

In Japan, you can buy it from Mitsubishi as an accessory. In the US, there's nothing like that sold, so you can probably buy 3rd party and end up saving a few bucks. Oh yes it's fully functional, all you need are your crossbars and you can hang your mountain bikes on.
    I am in love. :P

Took delivery on brand new 07 outlander in glory (graphite gray pearl) color. Apparently glory is the name of the color who knew. Sticker says manufactured in dec 06 (at okazaki plant).

Love it. My wife who is not into cars loves it. XLS is definetely a huge step up for us.

Its hard to stay away from the garage. Might sleep in it tonight :blush: Just kidding :P
    Congrats on your purchase. The pictures are next. ;) Hope we get to see your ride.
  • gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    Yes!
  • jdwksujdwksu Member Posts: 27
    That is what I was thinking... :)