Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• lewisb22lewisb22 Member Posts: 2
    We had an excellent buying experence from out mistubishi dealer here in Marietta, GA. My wife wanted a fully loaded Silver XLS (Luxury, Sun & Sound, and Navigation. It took a couple of months as the only ones they could find were well out of state and we weren't in a rush, so we waited till they had one on the lot. A fully load 2wd XLS came in Friday and out sales person called and let us know. We went over Friday night and purchased it for $26,898 plus tax, title, and tag, invoice was $27,277 and MSRP was $29,255. The price included the Accessory Protection Package as well (mud guards, scuff plates, rear bumper protector and body side molding). Does that sound like a pretty good deal? We thought so. We didnt trade our 2002 Tribute as they didnt want to give us enough for it. So we gota sell that now.
  • solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    I'd like to see that acc. protection package....Can you post some photos of the mud guards, rear protector, etc...

Good luck with your new ride...sems like you made a good transaction with the Dealer.

thanx
  • craigm3craigm3 Member Posts: 20
    The Australian site has pics with the Thule 450R racks:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/mitssite/jsp/pages/vehicles/accessories/acce- - ssories.jsp?groupId=22">
  • dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    Doesn't look too good on the car. The crossbar ends are sticking out. I wonder if you could install crossbars from another vehicle that uses a similar mounting system?
    Don't the crossbars stick out on any aftermarket roof rack, though? That's the one benefit to cars with OEM crossbars. I'm looking out my office window at the parking lot, and the SUVs with integrated racks (Hummer, Lexus, Chevy Tahoe) look much cleaner.

I don't think it looks THAT bad, but it's definitely not as nice as it probably could be. I think part of the problem is the Outlander rails appear to narrow towards the back (I'm looking down at mine right now :) ), so the back crossbar sticks out more.
    They don't look THAT bad, but I would much prefer the clean look of the OEM crossbars. I think I will try to find some OEM crossbars from other brands - I have the Jeep Patriot/Compass in mind since they are similar in size and they seem to mount by grabbing the roof rails.
    Just noticed my link to the Australian website was bad. Sorry! You can see lots of other accessories that haven't shown up in the U.S. yet.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/mitssite/jsp/pages/vehicles/accessories/acce- ssories.jsp?groupId=22
    I like the neoprene seat covers.
  • johnny98johnny98 Member Posts: 88
    In addition to the looks of crossbars sticking out, the exposed ends do cause a significant amount of wind noise and probably affect your fuel mileage as well.
    I like the seat covers also ...but, I don't think they could be used in the USA...they cover up the side airbag in the seat back.
    Not really. If you look at the picture carefully you can see that the sides of the front seats are not covered.
    That's it. I'm flying to Australia. :P
  • lewisb22lewisb22 Member Posts: 2
    The accessory Protection package was not installed yet. The dealer had to order the parts and should be installing them tommorrow if we are lucky, i'll put some photos up when we get it installed
    Shipping accessories here could be a good business for one member in Australia.
  • jfortneyjfortney Member Posts: 5
    I went with Yakima over Thule because the EMS technician recommended the Yakima rack system over the Thule rack system and I preferred the round Yakima cross bars over the square Thule cross bars. I agree that the more expensive Thule "rounded" cross rails with the silver color would look better on the XLS. The 48" rails do not hang out much over the side. The width of the factory rails does decrease slightly towards the rear, so the overhang on cross rails is a little more in the rear than the front (but it is hardly noticeable).
    Would you be able to post some pictures when you have a chance?
    Thanks for the update. The Thule 450R comes in a 47" size, maybe those will look a little better. I think the pics from the Aussie site are 50" bars.
  • mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    Please forgive me if this comment seems out of place, but isn't this forum entitled "Mitsubishi Outlander: Prices Paid & Buying Experience?"

For the past few weeks, I've seen that the majority of the discussion in this thread has revolved around roof rails, not the purpose for which this particular thread was intended. Subsequently, I don't even bother to read it anymore and now spend more time on the Hyundai threads.

Is there a separate Outlander thread dedicated for accessories, and if not, could we have one created so things like roof racks have a more appropriate place to be discussed?

Again, sorry I've I've angered anyone with this post, but I'm ready to stop tracking this thread altogether as what has been talked about in it lately has nothing to do with buying a new Outlander, or the overall purchasing/pricing experience in general.

Take care!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Thanks, solowalker!!

Sorry about that!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I agree....i too was wondering where all the relevant posts were for "buying experience"

I think the proper thread for accessories would be....
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f0fefda/68

or here...

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef0a650/513
  • smlpkg611smlpkg611 Member Posts: 15
    When I originally posted, I didn't know there were OEM or accessory threads. I eventually posted there as well.

I want to thank all the people who graciously took the time to answer my questions and pass along information....wherever I posted.

Thanks again to whoever was helpful!
  • ken4nyken4ny Member Posts: 40
    Finally got a call from my dealer that my car is available with the exact color and options I want. I ordered the SUV in Dec. 2006. I turned down few of them because of less options or not the right color. It's a silver XLS 4WD with Navigation, Sun & Sound and Luxury packages. I paid $28595 plus tax. Will post some pictures when I have a chance. :shades:
  • biscuit_xlsbiscuit_xls Member Posts: 194
    Congrats. Good price, that should be dealer invoice with those specs.
    Bought my Aqua XLS with 4WD on Dec 30th...Paid 200 over Invoice with shipping included....$24,400....

It was fully detailed and on the showroom floor....It had pin striping and had a beautiful wax job...

It was not hard to get them down to my price...they wanted an extra $1200 for the phony paint seal and scotch guard hustle but they never tried to hard sell me on that extra..I told them to take that out of the discussion...

I bought a truck from them before so they had $500 for a loyalty discount thrown in...so they say. ;)

However, I am using one lint roller per week for the black cloth seats....They attract white crap from everywhere but when those cloth seats are clean, they look beautiful...

I usually keep a new car for 100,000 miles...this Outtie should make it with no sweat..6 disc CD radio is outstanding.

and...EVERYTHING ON IT WORKS....I haven't had to go back for any repairs....I dropped the air pressure in the tires down to 34 psi from the 48 used for shipping....the front end clunk has just about disappeared...
    Any answers welcomed since I will be buying this month. I'm in Toronto, so local prices would be even better.
    I would consider buying the OEM neophren seat covers offered on the Australian Mitsu web site. I hope they will bring them here too at one point.
  • growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    Congrats! I almost bought an aqua. Had the vin too. Changed it to graphite gray in the last minute.
    Yes, I saw those seat covers on the accessories thread...Cost and shipping probably would be much more than me having a local contractor make a customized set for me. That way I can pick the color and pattern and material....
    I really like the OEM black cloth with the stippled bolsters though. But if you have dandruff or a white dog, you need to clean 'em every week...I live in Texas so most of the year I use a "black cool seat" that I bought at O'Reilly's Autoparts that fits in real nice to the existing seat. This will cover up the daily white fallout crap that accumulates on the flat part of the seat.
    Yea, alot of the girls living at my Condo complex love the Aqua color... ;)
  • dmuttdmutt Member Posts: 48
    Drove by our dealership Saturday, and there sat a red Outlander XLS. Loaded up. Sound, Sun, navigation, etc. I heard this color was not available to start with, but is now. One thing I noticed on the XLS, that I did not notice before, that the roof racks and front bumper section under grill is silver instead of black. Is more visible on the red color than the others. Looked good!
  • gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    Have you seen the Desert Sand Beige? There was one at a nearby dealer two weeks ago. I ordered the Beige March 9.
    Really looks like Gold.
  • dmuttdmutt Member Posts: 48
    Yes, they had a Beige LS model. Had every color except Aqua.
    Most of the exterior color selections for the Outie are almost the same hue as to what the Lexus RX offers....Except Lexus don't have red and blue...As a matter of fact, most people think the Aqua Outie I am driving is a Lexus RX 350...

However, the new Red Outie should be called the "OUTLANDISH" It's a real Fire Engine red.! :shades:
    I stopped by a dealer in Long Beach CA and they had Desert Sand and Red Outlanders on their lot. Both looked pretty good. The red is great, I was happy to see that it was a bright Mitsubishi red like they use on their rally and Dakar cars.
  • sherimsherim Member Posts: 2
    I have not completed my purchase yet. I will be picking up my outlander in two days. I already have plenty to say about the buying experience however. I am in Kansas City and decided I liked the Outlander after seeing it at the Auto show here. I test drove it the next day and my mind was made up. Then I went to the build and price website and finished the decision making by deciding I wanted it to be a Phoenix Red 2WD LS with Sun and Sound. Nothing else to decide but who to buy it from. There is a dealer 3 miles from my house, but following Edmunds.com advise I emailed some other dealers asking for quotes so that I could be in a better bargaining position. Imagine my surprise when dealer after dealer told me that I would not be able to get it. One dealer, Lee's Summit Mitsubishi actually told me it didn't come in red after I had seen it on the website, when I told him that he said no it doesn't come in that color period. So then I called my local dealer Northtowne Mitsubishi who said he would look, then told me an hour later that there wasn't one in the four state area in that color let alone with S&S, that I would have to pick another color. I said fine then black, he promised me a black for a decent price the next day.
    The next morning he called me and said "You’re not going to be able to get one in black, so you need to understand that right off". He pretty much refused to find me anything and was convinced he could sell me something on his lot. Well of course I didn't take well to that response, if I go to a restaurant I can order anything on the menu. Why if I am paying over 20K for something should I be limited? At one point I was looking into flying to pick it up and drive 8 hours back. I got online and looked and by that night I literally was talking to one dealer who was offering me the Red LS with S&S for 500 under invoice, when a second dealer buzzed in with the car for 900 under invoice.
    I know there are plenty of horror stories out there about having them sent from one dealer to another and then getting there and it not being what was promised, but at this point I have seen the invoice and the buyers order both of which show the car as exactly what I asked for and nothing more. The dealer even went out and took pictures after he got it and emailed them to me. It is sitting on their lot waiting for me, and I can't wait. The dealer I ended up going with is 2 hours from my house but so worth the drive, this man has been so nice and has really went out of his way to make me feel better. Greg Prouty with David Malmo Mitsubishi. I will post again after pickup but I don't see how there could be any problems at this point he even promised to keep it inside so that no one would scratch it getting a look, because he doesn't have any other reds on the lot.
  • sherimsherim Member Posts: 2
    I am with you there. I understand wanting to be able to share information with other Outlander owners but you go to a forum expecting to find information about the title subject. When I was still in research mode I came here to find information about what I could expect to pay, and had to go through numerous pages to find anything relevant.
  • mindaugasmindaugas Member Posts: 10
    How much you guys paying for standart ES without any features in Chicagoland ? Dealer in Shaumburg send me a quote for $19400 . Is this is a good price to consider ? :confuse:
  • mindaugasmindaugas Member Posts: 10
    OK ! Did you actually purchase Outie ES for this $17995 price ? What's about all delivery and other fees ? How this story ends ?! I'm really curious cause looking for the same car for the lowest possible price !
    Thanks !
  • deweywinsdeweywins Member Posts: 4
    New '07 XLS...love it.

However, I wish they'd told me that the Bluetooth installed does not work with many cell phones that have Bluetooth capability.

Turns out I have to buy a different $200 phone if I want to use Bluetooth with this car.
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    What's your cellphone brand and model? I have a Nokia 3650 and it does the basic calls, but it can't display the battery level of the phone in the Nav screen.

And Mitsubishi made an effort to setup a "check compatibility " site with the BT Handsfree system for their vehicles, so I knew what to expect.

You could check your phone here: http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/MMNA/bluetooth_homepage/hfl.html
    My Motorola Razr works flawlessly, displays battery level too. I think Razr's are free these days.
  • terriehterrieh Member Posts: 8
    I just purchased a 2007 Outlander XLS w/the leather luxury package and the sun & sound package. I paid $26900 and that is INCLUDING my TT&L. It was basically invoice pricing plus tax. Great deal. I purchased from Conroe Mitsubishi just outside of Houston. They were the nicest, had the best deal, offered me A LOT for my car and as a standard courtesy to ALL of their customers...free oil changes and the standard milestone services for FREE for the first the years! Believe me, I researched for over a month and they provided the best deal and overall package by far. They were never pushy. I originally had decided to purchase the full package (including the Navigation) but decided to add the better Pioneer after-market version, plus I would get the keep the 6 disk RF system already included in my sun & sound package just in case I ever trade it in, I can keep my after-market navigation. It has all the features of of the factory version (30 GB HD plus a TON more features). AVIC-Z1 is the Pioneer model. My payments are right at $473/month for 5 years which is a great deal for this vehicle. If I would have chosen the Nav model too my payments would have been right at $500/month for 60 months (4.9%) which is still a great deal but the Pioneer Nav. is a better system over all. If you choose to buy one and live in the Houston area...you can't go wrong with Conroe and I've dealt with every single one of them over the past month. The are #1 in customer service and didn't get that way for no reason and I could definately see why after today. :shades:
    I don't mean to question your judgment but wouldn't you save if you got the Navi package. You got a good deal, and you would have probably got the package at invoice which is $1,575. AVIC-Z1 retails for 2,250(MSRP). Plus I don't see Mitsubishi as a supported model in the fitment menu, it will probably take a year at least before they support the Outlander. And I don't think you'd get it to work as a "command center" for all your vehicle settings. But it's nice though because it has an option for a rearview camera. But it's water under the bridge now I guess. Congrats on your purchase. :) Post some pics for us in the pics threads :)
  • terriehterrieh Member Posts: 8
    Here's the deal. I drove the exact one I wanted (with Nav) and decided while at the dealership that I wanted the Pioneer navi instead. They didn't have my outlander in the blue that I wanted so I'm driving a loaner gray one right now. Mine will be here Tuesday. I told him I was taking it to car toys today to see if I could add the pioneer unit in it. If not, I'm going to get the one on the lot that I drove yesterday so...either way, I'm good. :)
    The AVIC-Z1 has a few more features that I really wish my stock Nav had:

Real time traffic -- Only available in select busy cities, but it's a great feature if you've ever used it. Hopefully we will be able to add that to the stock Nav if XM and Sirius merge.

iPod connectivity -- The AVIC-Z1 connects directly to iPods and displays the playlist on the screen. IMO, the hard drive storage is OK, but less than ideal compared to the simplicity of an iPod.

Back-Up camera -- The AVIC-Z1 connects to a rear view camera and automatically displays it when the car is in reverse. It can also show a rear view in split-screen, which is useful when towing things.

Drawbacks to the AVIC-Z1:

Looks -- IMO, the stock Nav looks more integrated and easier to adjust (bigger buttons etc.). You'll have to find a bezel for the dash that hopefully fits as perfectly as the stock Nav.

Time & Cost -- Install time from a professional is going to be fairly expensive, especially if you want to make sure that all of the functions are working properly. If you're going to do it yourself, great, but it still takes time and expertise.

Accessory functions -- I'm not sure if the steering wheel buttons will work with the AVIC-Z1. If they don't, then that's a big negative because I use those frequently to adjust volume and fast forward. You lose out on some of the adjustability found in the stock Nav. Adjusting the entry beeps, windshield wiper frequency, dome light duration etc. Not a big loss, but still a loss.
    I bought my 07 Outlander LS 4WD. I'll pick it up in few days once the accessories are in and installed. I paid about $250 (Canadian) more on the deal than I was originally set to pay, but given the circumstances and the fact that I wanted a specific color (RED) and I couldn't wait another 3-4 weeks for the next shipment, it's fine by me (or I'm trying to convince myself that it is).
    I will post some pictures after I get the car later this week.
    One thing to note, my car is built in January 07, and while I tried to reproduce the front knock, I couldn't. I hope it will stay that way.
  • growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    Congrats dodo!! You finally did it... :shades:
    Thanks. I cannot wait to pick it up.
    COngratulations dodo :) I know you've been waiting for it for a long time now. Enjoy your ride.
    Thanks. How many miles is the brake in by the book? I'm planning to take Friday off and just drive the car all day long.