Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda 2008 CX-5

carritocarrito Member Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in Mazda
The Mazda CX-5 is a compact crossover SUV that will replace the Tribute as the Mazda's smallest sport utility vehicle for 2008. Please post here any information realted to this new model.

Comments

• aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Actually, Mazda will be keeping the Tribute name. I have seen pics and specs of the Tribute as well. Mazda will be announcing this "officially" in January of 2007.
  • carritocarrito Member Posts: 38
    I found this in Edmunds site. click on the photo to see 2 spy photos.
    link title

link title

link title
  • arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    I think Mazda will probably distance itself a bit from the design cues of the Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner this time around, although the drivetrain will most likely be the same.
    The interior is similar to the Escape/Mariner. The exterior is a bit different from the Ford. I have pictures, but, I am not allowed to post them.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    ...if Mazda were to distance themselves a bit more from the Escape/Mariner with the CX-5/Tribey. Would rather see something with roots to the Mazda3 than the Ford Contour based Escape. Because to me, the Escape and the Mariner don't have the same sporting "flair" that Mazda currently stands for. I'd rather see Mazda go after say, Honda and keep Ford on its mission to battle Chevy. In this case leave the Escape twins to go after the Chevy Cheapuinox and Pontiac Torent. Aim the CX-5 at the CRV.
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    I have been leaving the pics around the dealership and everyone keeps asking if its the new Explorer.....what kind of reaction have you been getting??
  • albookalbook Member Posts: 1,282
    This will obviously go after new CRV, and judging by CX-7, should do well.
    I had someone the other day say "that looks like a small Explorer". And some people have said it looks more like an Escape now then it ever did.

I kinda like the design. Looks more rugged, however, I wish there was a bit of a power increase.
    I was a little surprised about the engine choice also...maybe the 3.5L will find its way in the new tribute down the road. I've been driving the 3.5l in the new MKZ and its a nice engine.
    We just took on Lincoln/Mercury about 2 months ago, and I have heard great things about the 3.5L. Just imagine how it will be then they add VVT or direct injection.

Is your MKZ AWD?
    We have both and they seem like winners, The AWD Fusion/Milan/mkZ will be big sellers for us.....I heard today that the Mazda3 based compact Crossover for 2008 will be named the CX-5 or CX-3...you hear anything?
    Really? I have heard nothing yet. Did you hear this from any of our Mazda brass?

I would love to see a compact CUV based on the Mazda3, with Mazda design DNA. I, personally, don't see how the upcoming Tribute fit's into Mazda's lineup, however, they do need a vehicle placed below the CX-7, so, you can't eliminate it.
This discussion has been closed.