Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus LS 460/LS 460L News, Views and Opinions

1121314151618»

Comments

• slexy1slexy1 Member Posts: 38
    FYI = I just picked up the 2013 Lexus LS 460 Brochure at a dealer. It has the specs, color charts, etc. that I was looking for. That dealer told me that he was getting in only one LS F on 11/1/12. Hopefully, pricing will come before that.
    edited October 2012
    I recently discovered that the SE Region for Lexus is getting in Std. Length LS 460's (non-AWD), ONLY with 19" wheels (I think the extra $ for the difference of 18" to 19" is about $150 more) for 2 to 3 months. Also, I confirmed with one major lexus dealers in Maryland, that they are getting in ONLY AWD LS 460's to begin with supposedly due to the "snowy climate". Well, it all sounds like a marketing plan to me, so Lexus Corporate can attempt to maximize its profits on the new 460.

Anyway, the extra $150 for the larger/heavier wheels/tires doesn't bother me, but here's my overall personal opinion (others will disagree, I'm sure) about having 19" wheels/tires on the 2013 LS 460: I just don't like the style of the three different 19" wheel designs as much as the one 18", and all the 19" are coming through with "45" Low Profile tires on them which I don't like as much as the "50" (little bit Higher Profile for more "pot hole protection") tires that come with the 18" wheels. Besides, 19" wheels/tires add weight to the basic LS's 4,233 lbs. (maybe over 100 lbs.?) to the car, and probably give a bit harsher ride than the 18", IMO.

The possible 100 lbs. saving of overall weight of any LS 460 that goes with the 18" vs. the 19" wheels/tires set up is the reason, I think, why AWD LS 460's (4,652 lbs. to start) come ONLY (or more readily) with 18" tires/wheels into the SE Region of Lexus right now. The AWD is great for handling, but it affects gas mileage (1 mpg less, about), and 0 to 60 mph acceleration times (.6 seconds slower as per the brochure). Lastly, I think 18" is plenty big to begin with - just my opinion!
    What's yours?
  • hprjrhprjr Member Posts: 24
    I just yesterday picked up a new 2012 base 460/comfort pkg./nav (deal was too good to pass up). I too wish it came with 18 inch wheels but only 19 unless you opt for awd. My last car was a 2000 ls 400 which I put 195,000 miles on it and thoroughly enjoyed the car--all maintained by the dealer and still driving and looking like new. I'll report back in a week or so how the handling and other experiences with the car are panning out.
    Hi hprjr,

Do you mind if I ask what state you are in, and why do you feel that the "deal was too good to pass up"? About how much did the dealer take off of MSRP?

By the way, the NAV is Std. for the 2013 LS 460, and the cost is part of your base RWD MSRP's approx. $5K more than the 2012 base price.

Thanks,
    Slexy1
  • hprjrhprjr Member Posts: 24
    they took off $12876 (Florida dealer) and thru in a clear bra (digishield). Roughly final price was $60k not including a $599 fee and some smaller fees (tag, disposal, etc.). That particular dealer only had 2 left-some others in the state have more left over. I could have gone for another $1000 off but I wanted this particular color.
    Super Deal! This kind of shows the amount of depreciation (almost $13K) that can happen to almost any car of this amount of MSRP pricing in just the first year alone. Although, I think you're ahead of the game at $12,876 for now, hprjr.

Has anyone tried to buy a 2013 LS 460? If so, what has been your experience with the dealers in your area?
  • jcarmjcarm Member Posts: 19

Does anyone have the current lease factors for LS models including MF,RV, and discounting for 36, 48 mths 15k miles/yr?
    Thanks