Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar X-Type: New Owners Needs Some Pointers

2»

Comments

• englishpatientenglishpatient Member Posts: 1
    :cry: I have several scratches on the glove box of my dash. I have tan interior and have tried matching shoe polish and several cleaners with no results. Appears the tan finish on the glove box has chipped off and a clear/white color under neath.

Any suggestions ???
  • brendon3brendon3 Member Posts: 10
    Looking for some Wheels for 03 x-type anyone have some
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Here's a set of 4 on eBay:

Alloy Wheels X Type 16"

Looks like they are in good shape, w/ center caps.
  • hedonistic1hedonistic1 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/jaguar-x_type-cars348613414?sortcol=price&sortd- - ir=up&askpriceub=6000&askpricelb=any&deliverymileageub=100000&deliverymileagelb=- - any&listingtype=used&model=&make=jaguar&distance=any I am looking at this used 03 X type and was wondering if it would be a good decision to sell a 2000 Chevy S10 with 12000 miles in order to buy this car. I have heard that JAG's often have problems, but the S10, though useful, offers no driving pleasure and only seats 2.5 people.
  • jag_abudhabijag_abudhabi Member Posts: 3
    i would like to buy a second hand jag xtype 02-04 .
    but i notice most of them DON,T HAVE in built Navigation system from the manufactures.
    1. can i install a Navigation system into this yre (02-04) Jags/ i.e remove the present radio unit and fix a navigation touch screen console ?

2. which year xType would be suitable to install a Navigation system?

3. can i install the xj navigation into a 02-04 yre xtpye jag?
  • daxdaddaxdad Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I looked into doing the same. You can even find them used on e-Bay... However you will have to have it installed by the dealer.... most independent mechanics don't have the computer equipment nessasary for the Jag.... and Jag will not install a used unit (at the least will not guarantee it will work or cover it with any type of warranty). Going directly to the dealer will cost a couple thousand dollars (my quote - $2,400.00). I opted for the aftermarket navigation. You can find a few.... that a good install shop can mount into your dash ( I ended up with the one simply plugged int the lighter, not what I wanted). I did the same with the hands free phone...I was able to have it installed to my satisfaction.... it worked best having an additional speaker installed rather than going through the radio .
  • jag_abudhabijag_abudhabi Member Posts: 3
    thanks daxdad for the advice. yap most dealers wouldn,t waste there time in fixing secondhand units. what about if i get an entire working Nav unit removed from a jag xj X308 (1997–2003) or X350 (2003-2007) they all seem to have a Nav unit. do you think the deminsion of the xj Nav console can fit into a Xtpye dash board panel. are the radio console dimensions of the XJ and the x-type similar? they look similar.
  • tdc2010tdc2010 Member Posts: 2
    I drive Michillen's and the the ride and handling.
  • myrose1myrose1 Member Posts: 1
    I AM A NEW JAGUAR OWNER THE JAG HAS 57000 MILES ON IT AND ALL IS WELL EXCEPT FOR THE AC AND HEATER. IT WON'T TURN ON AND IF IT DOES IT DOESN'T BLOW AIR WOULD LIKE ANY TYPE OF INFO TO HELP ME OUT THANK YOU