Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

How Much Can My WRX Wagon Carry?

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited March 2014 in Subaru
Will it fit inside with all the doors closed?:)

Talk about the Impreza wagon's cargo capacity issues here.!

You can even share photos of some of your "great moments in cargo carrying" ;)

Comments

• Options
    whoknew1whoknew1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all, I'm considering purchasing a WRX wagon, wanted to see if anyone knows if a longboard will fit inside with the back and front seat down. My board is 9'2". Same question for the Outback and Legacy if anyone knows. Thanks! Brett
  • Options
    drivelikejehudrivelikejehu Member Posts: 21
    i don't believe it will fit too well, if at all, though i can check in the morning. why not use the roof racks?
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I doubt it. I would use the roof rack.

Bob
  • Options
    I wanted to bring the board to work so I could head straight out afterwards and was hoping to leave it in the car rather than on the rack for security and keep it out of the sun/rain. Just a bonus if I could. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Idea: fold the front passenger seat back, and put the rear of the board in the footwell. It'll fit, I bet.

At least while you're working, you could have it locked up. Then just move it up to the roof for the drive.

I have put several 8' long 4x4 lumber posts inside my Forester. You can fit a board if you get creative.

-juice
  • Options
    Finally revisiting this, thanks for the replies! Brett
  • Options
    joesmith1288joesmith1288 Member Posts: 1
    this is probably too late, but a 9 foot surfboard will definetly not fit on the floor of the WRX wagon, my boards are like 7'9 and 7'6 and they don't really fit inside my forester, and the WRX wagon is alot smaller.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Try this - lay the front seat down, and then put the front of the surfboard in the passenger foot well.

I managed to fit several 8' long peices of lumber that way. Just be sure to protect the fabric first.

Better yet, use the roof rack! :shades:

-juice
This discussion has been closed.