Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo XC90 Options and Accessories

bryangmdbryangmd Member Posts: 27
edited June 2014 in Volvo
I am curious what package you have to have to have rain sensor? My options are:

-Convience Package
-Climate Package
-Touring (Atlantis)
-Bi-Xenon
-Premium Audio

Comments

• Options
    volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Rainsensor is in the climate pkg
  • Options
    I have the climate package, but do not seem to have the rain sensor. Reading in the manual, there is supposed to be a button on the wiper control to press to activate/deactivate the rain sensor. Is this correct? I don't see rain sensor listed as part of climate package on Volvo or edmunds.
  • Options
    guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    There is no button to activate the rain sensor on my 2004. The first position of the wiper stalk, usually for intermittent, is used by the rain sensor. The rotary control, used normally to control the delay in intermittent, controls the sensitivity on rain sensors.
  • Options
    mistakemistake Member Posts: 3
    I want to add a cargo cover, a rearview camera and a bluetooth to my xc90...any suggestions to where and how other than going to the dealer?
  • Options
    Um dealer.
    FAIK, no one makes an aftermanrket cargo cover.
    The camera has to be put in by the dealer,it interfaces w/ the factory Nav sys. It requires software from Volvo.
    Same w/ Bluetooth, if you want it to interface w/ the factory sound system.
  • Options
    coffeeman2coffeeman2 Member Posts: 6
    I was hoping for some opinions on the back up camera. My wife only wants an SUV that has the camera. However, a dealer told me that the ones on the XC90 are not that good. He said there as a long time lag between puting the car in reverse and seeing an image on the screen. I am wondering if this is true or if he just did not have any vehicles with nav/camera on the lot. Thanks.
  • Options
    The backup camera is usually only installed at customer request.
    So, I doubt that any dealer would have one on the lot.
    We have done a couple.
    There is a small delay in getting the screen to come up,but it isn't bad.
  • Options
    kylechoffmankylechoffman Member Posts: 79
    i have a tan cargo cover for my xc i never use - if interested i will sell to you but shipping might be difficult..

buy the BT on your own - there are manuals on how to do it yourself. its not difficult
  • Options
    Can anyone give me an idea of installed cost of the bluetooth option from Volvo?

Thanks,
  • Options
    txprincesstxprincess Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a pre-owned 2006 XC 90 and am interested in having a cargo cover installed. Anyone know what I can expect to pay at the dealer? Also the vehicle came with the Volvo Bluetooth Hands Free, but no instructions....I have searched high and low on line for a PDF containing the instructions to no avail. Anyone have some suggestions.

Many thanks
  • Options
    13chris13chris Member Posts: 6
    Question for you guys, I have a 2006 XC90 and I have the high performance sound system, but I wanted to swap it out with the mp3 version of the unit. I've been looking around on line and I have yet to find a web site to purchase this radio. Anyone have any ideas? Also does anyone know if you need to replace the whole console or would I be able to just swap out the radio itself?
  • Options
    If you are asking about the 2007 version of the radio, it cannot be retro-fitted to the 06
  • Options
    volgirlvolgirl Member Posts: 7
    the price for the bluetooth depends on which model you have-if you let me know which one you have i can quote you the exact cost of installation
  • Options
    13chris13chris Member Posts: 6
    That's a bummer. Guess I'll have to deal with what I have. Thanks.
  • Options
    cornshuckcornshuck Member Posts: 1
    Any recommendations out there for going forward with this accessory and who can definitively tell me that my Blackjack 2 mobile phone will sync with the volvo bluetooth?
    thanks, SL
  • Options
    About 60 days after install, my blue tooth started disconnecting and connecting. Eventually it just failed. It doesn't seem to be getting any power. Anyone know if there is a fuse related to blue tooth?

Thanks,
  • Options
    delayedneutrondelayedneutron Member Posts: 1
    www.dealerfit.com sells OEM accessories. The manual is available for 4.00 USD

http://vparts.dealerfit.com/store/volvo-xc90-bluetooth-owners-manual-prod126_199- 69.php
  • Options
    Just to follow up, the unit was completly dead. The dealer replaced it since it was within a year. Let's hope it does not die again after the year is up.
This discussion has been closed.