Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Comments

• ellusionz21ellusionz21 Member Posts: 59
    Actually there are two issues known to Mitsubishi when I spoke to the person managing my case number with them. The radio on some cars is fading in and out, supposedly a fix will be out in September. I'm still a bit annoyed at having to wait so long since I've had my car for a few months already. Also something about the Cam sometimes stalls (not a car person didn't totally understand) but they said there is an FYI out to the dealerships and that it fixes the problem.
  • bardauskasbardauskas Member Posts: 2
    Hi there
    I'm looking to buy an 08 gts lancer in the coming months, I just love the car, i've been researching it for past month and its just blows away the competition in my opinion. I'm hoping I can get some advice on buying a new one and get a rough idea for price as I'm aware car buying can be tricky.
    Options: Sun and sound, navigation and technology

Thanks guys
  • ghoolooghooloo Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I have owned a black 08 lancer GTS since it first came out in April. It was pretty exiting to own the one of the lancers in town. The car looks absolutely amazing for its price (ultimate chick vacume :)). Although I love the feel of the car I have been having some issues with it. The first issue was some clicking noise at very low speeds. The service department at my dealership swapped my drivershaft. However, the sound is still there. One of friends is a mechanic and he believes there is a minor issue with the suspension. I have been very unhappy with the service at my dealership since they are very unhappy to see me although it's them who can't fix the issue. It's also worth to note that when they swapped out my drivershaft they didn't put it back in place correctly which cuased the cover (according to them, may have metal) came off and I have to call for my car to be towed. The on road assistance is a joke as well. It took about 2 hours for a tow truck. This story is much longer but this was just a short sample. I hope things improve at the service end since I really love this car despite all the issues. Has anyone been experiencing similar issues?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    nope, I haven't experienced that clicking noise at low speeds issue in my '08 Lancer GTS w/automatic CVT and Rally Red metallic paint. You are the first person that has mentioned that problem on the net(at least the first I've seen on the net).

Your long wait for the roadside assistance is not very encouraging, either.

We are at about 6,555 miles after almost 5 months of ownership and the only thing noteworthy to report on is our Lancer GTS needed to get the recall done on the rear window sash. It took an additional 1 1/2 hours on the same day our Lancer GTS was getting it's first Lube-Oil-Filter so not a big deal.

No problems in performance to report at all and we're both loving our Lancer GTS and, man, I still love this car's bodystyle more than any other car's!

Our front passenger door makes a clicking sound upon opening and shutting. I took a close look at the area and it's that gold apparatus that attaches the door to the frame at the front. It appears to be loose. My door doesn't make that noise at all. I will either grab one of my socket wrenches and just tighten it up and consider spraying a little WD-40 on the pivot/open and closure area and see if that doesn't quiet it up. If it doesn't I'll have my dealership's service center fix it under Warranty. Either way that sound will disappear soon.

Still notice that this car responds to the accelerator a lot better if it's in the CVT mode w/paddle shift propulsion. Plenty of movement for me but I'm not an Earnhardt type of a dude anyway. I'm just so enamored with this car's looks and reliability and solid driving dynamics.

Just as the information on the net from Mitsubishi talked about, the car responds well in to turns and always feels solid on the road and handles very well.

Sorry to hear about your driveshaft and clicking issue and maybe you can get another place to look at it. Any Mitsubishi service center is obligated to fix any issues you may have with your Lancer GTS.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• gijoewildbillgijoewildbill Member Posts: 62
    My suggestion is take it to another service center. I know that Mitsubishi doesn't have quite the coverage as other dealers lately, but if you do have a second or third location within reasonable driving distance, it will give you and another mechanic who isn't "tired of seeing you" a second set of eyes to look and try to find the underlying issue.

Another suggestion should another Mitsu dealer not be near by, take your car to a local mechanic shop and see if they can diagnose the problem. I have personally taken this method with my old 01' VW Jetta. When I was getting a popping noise, I took it on three different occasions to the local VW shop and after having my car for a day came back saying "we test drove your car and it preforms to spec...". I took it to a near by local repair shop of good standing reputation and paid them $50 to diagnose it, which turned out to be a some missing screws in the suspension and a bent front left strut. How a dealer mechanic could miss that I don't know, but that is beside the point. Sometimes it is just easier and better to get a non-judgmental view at the car, even if it cost a few bucks, and walk back into the dealer saying a competitor said "X" is causing it. Fix "X" as per the warranty Mitsu gave me with this car.

Sorry to hear your trouble, but you are the first to report this problem and I float around several 08' Lancer threads talking with many current 08' lancer owners. Hopefully this helps to get it fixed and you begin to really enjoy it versus worry about it.

Bill
    to take a look at one fantastic new rig for 2008!

http://www.cars.com/go/video/motorweek/videoPopup.jsp?makeid=34&year=2008&modeli- - - - - d=135&location=MW_L_2008_Mitsubishi_Lancer.flv

I enjoyed all of the video's coverage of the car in action, right down to looking at that finely crafted taillight cluster and that handsome bodywork on the Lancer's rear end.

It's the front of the car that just grabbed me by my facial hair and knocked me silly when I first saw it. Great bodystyling that I never tire of. I've said it at least once on Edmunds and I'll state it again: the 1965 Ford Mustang and this 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer are my favorite two bodystyles ever created. Ever. :D

I'm now looking forward to vacuuming out it's interior and wiping down the hard interior surfaces. And then giving it a good bath-it's picked up way too much Arizona dust and a few too many insects on the front end. It will be a joy to clean it on my next day off.

BTW-do any of you other '08 Mitsubishi Lancer owners have a deal with your Mitsu dealer called Auto Butler, where every 6 months they put on a protective coating over your car's paint? It doesn't cost anything extra-I remember asking the finance manager about it and she said it's included with your purchase. I just wonder about the rest of y'all and your Lancer's..do ya also get this program?

• 1racefan1racefan Member Posts: 932
    I had heard about Bluetooth before, but wasn't sure exactly how it worked. My wife just bought a 2008 Lancer, and I was able to mate both our cell phones to the car's Bluetooth. It is awesome - what a great feature.

P.S. I am not a techie guy, but was still able to figure it out.
  • ghoolooghooloo Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys
    I am also having another issue with this dealership. The day my drivershaft was replaced, I drove the car out of the lot and came back telling them it's not fixed. However, since it was late Friday they told me they will look at it the coming Tuesday due to long weekend in Canada. I took their word that the car will be okay even though I had travel out of town on 1000 km round trip. It turned out 2 hours later that I had to stop the car and ask for a tow truck since a piece of metal or plastic was hitting the ground. For the weekend I had to rent a car since I had hotel tickets and I couldn't get a hold of my dealer. Although this was the mechanic fault's of not putting the shaft in place properly my dealership's GM hasn't yet paid for the rental car. Isn't it their responsibility to do this?
    Under the circumstances, yes. Most dealerships warrant any major repair or replacement of parts such as the drive shaft for a certain distance and time. It is not much, but it sounds like you were still well within that time frame. The way I would handle it would be to ask the dealership GM what is the policy for covering their work that their mechanics do. If you are within that time limit and warranty covers costs, then tell him to refund you asap. If that fails to get his/her attention, contact a local small claims lawyer to get options and then tell the dealership you are prepared to file suit. Most of the time, this scares them enough to make them "settle" and pay your small expenses. That way, you get reimbursement, but don't have to pay for a lawyer in small claims court. Remember, the worst thing a dealer (or any business) wants is to have an investigation/law suit that the media can get wind of. It is bad for business. They would rather pay a few hundred dollars, then lose thousands in business because the media makes their dealer look like a scam.

Bill
  • lancergtslancergts Member Posts: 4
    i just got my blue lancer gts!!! And i love it. The nav is so f'n sweet, and the fast key is cool too. I def recommend the nav & tech package.
    Congratulations buddy. Hopefully I will be getting my Lancer within the next couple of months.

Bill
  • mirde98mirde98 Member Posts: 95
    Hello there! My roommate has a 08 Lancer GTS 5speed man, and we noticed that the sun roof looks rather misaligned and when it rains is leaking inside. The drops go to the water canal so theres no water in head liner or anything...but windows get fogged. And it leaks alot! We compared the weatherstrip around the glass panel of the 08 Lancer and my 06 Lancer SE and my Lancer weather-strip is thicker and stronger than the one on the new Lancer. We took it to the dealer and the used a water hose but no leak (of course). Seems only happens in the rain. Have anyone have this issue? Other than that we love our Lancer's
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Congrats! Hope you'll drop by the Dealer Ratings & Review section to let us know how the sales experience went for you.

Enjoy your Lancer!!
  • shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    Sounds like an adjustment is needed to the alignment of the sunroof. If it is really noticeable to the naked eye like you say, then the dealer should make an effort to fix the problem. Are there any other new Lancers on the dealer lot with a sunroof? Check them out.

The sunroof in my 08 Lancer is flush with the surrounding steel portion when it is closed, and all edges are uniform. This is the first car I've owned where the sunroof doesn't look like an aftermarket hack job.

We recently had massive rain storms come through the area with torrential downpours and my Lancer stayed dry inside. :)
    In terms of the water leaking thru to the canal, that is normal- It is almost impossible to make a sunroof 100% water tight, so that is why that canal is there. That canal leads to a discharge tube somewhere (in a lot of cars, it is somewhere around the windshield, and the water is discharged from the vehicle). In other words this is normal. One of my other cars with a sunroof is designed the same way.

In terms of the alignment issue, if it is visibly misaligned, that is what is often referred to as a "fit and finish" issue, and should be resolved under warranty. Your roommate could always find another Lancer on the dealer's lot that has a properly aligned sunroof, then compare that one to his to the service guy.

P.S. - was this a factory sunroof (part of the "sun and sound" package), or a sunroof that the dealer had a sunroof shop install? The reason I ask, is that my local Mitsubishi dealer had about 15 Lancers on his lot. He showed me about 4 that they had a local shop install the sunroof in, and showed me a couple with the factory sunroof - there was a difference in the quality. For what its worth, they also had a couple of Lancers they had taken to a local upholstery shop, and had leather interior installed. A couple of Lancers also had rear spoilers, that were painted installed at a local body shop. I am not a fan of aftermarket things like this, but I have to admit that the custom spoiler looked better than the factory ,GTS spoiler.
    Iluv...

When I first started reading Edmunds years ago, I thought you were NUTS for trumpeting your Kia / Korean cars. But, after buying an '02 Elantra, back in '01, I saw you were right about the build quality / reliability. We still have the Hyundai, and it has 94,000 miles on it, and has been relatively trouble free.

When the '08 Lancer came out, I was instantly in love with the looks (that front end is MEAN looking). I then read your glowing review of yours, so we decided to put it on our list.

Last week, we decided to go test drive one, as a possible candidate for a new daily driver for my wife. She wasn't thrilled with the GTS' rear spoiler, fender flares, and stiffer ride from the 18' wheels. We ended up going with an ES, CVT (in desert sand with the khaki/black interior combo), added fog lights, bluetooth, appearance package (door sill scuff guards, exhaust finisher), side window deflectors, and a custom rear spoiler that is smaller than the GTS' spoiler that the dealership is having painted to match, and will install next week. I agree with you that the GTS is a lot of bang for the buck, but hey, if my wife doesn't like the looks, and it's her daily driver, there's not a lot I can do.

Anyways, I hope the Lancer proves to be at least as reliable as the Hyundai has been, but it is a comfort to have that long haul warranty.

P.S. - One thing I will never agree with you on is NBA basketball...just don't see the appeal.
  • krynskykrynsky Member Posts: 8
    I'm headed to pick up my lancer on Saturday!!

Like lluv above I'm also getting an ES CVT with all of the added items I can get (fog lights, appearance package, S&S, bluetooth etc).

I found the 18" wheels to be to stiff a ride and allowed too much road noise in the cabin. Also the sport seats just were not comfortable for me or the wife, especially the grippy fabric.

Some of the GTS only options would have been nice like fast key and leather steering wheel, but the ES just seems more comfortable to drive on a day-to-day basis.

I'll post picture of the car here next week! Hopefully it'll be useful for folks debating between the ES and GTS to see what an ES with full customization looks like. :D
    glad you like your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES! Congratulations! Yeah, I noticed while driving my 1999 Kia Sephia that this little car is a ball to drive...with the 70,000 mile Yokohama radials and Konig Diva wheels the car really handled a lot better. But I only paid $7,995 for it and noticed that it was pinned together very, very well. That car started me on a journey in to Korean cars and the research of them. It is nice to know that one can go to Kia and/or Hyundai and get a great car with a great Warranty for less than their Japanese counterparts. And they are being built so well now...I never did get too hung up on the notion that the Japanese makes were better quality and reliability-wise. Glad your Elantra experience has went so well. There are now so many of us here in America that it's no longer an issue for those that have read up on the Japanese-South Korean car comparo.

Now, I jumped ship to Japanese upon seeing this 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer on the internet around about September or October of 2006. Funny thing is, Mitsu only released teaser photos of the front end at that time. Then I saw a picture of the car from an angle but leaving out the rear end of it.

Finally, around Feb. of 2007 they released photos of the entire car! Wow! That hindquarters was nearly as nice looking as the front. But the front is so sabre-cat tiger fighter looking, isn't it? I decided then that the 2007 Suzuki SX4 and the 2007 Kia Optima were nice rigs but that I needed a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer. At first I was gonna go for the ES but after researching it a lot more realized that I wanted all the things that the GTS had. And I love that bodykit...excellent design when you put the whole package together.

Anyhow, yeah, as long as you all get '08 Lancer's you're doing fine. Whether it's the DE, ES or GTS just get '08 Lancer's and enjoy 'em. Although the GTS has Bluetooth capabilities my cell phone is not Bluetooth capable so another phone may be needed in the future, but that is not a big deal.

If you're shopping for a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer now the rear window sash recall should already be picked up at the factory, I would think. Ask if you want about the build date and the recall. I got my recall work done about two months ago.

My dealer had added the appearance package, side window visors, fog lights, and Bluetooth computer to our ES when it came in before they put it on their lot. Basically, it was perfectly equipped for our tastes - well, it will be perfect once they install that custom rear spoiler next week.

They had even had leather interior added to a couple of ES Lancers on their lot. They told me this was done at an upholstery shop in town, and was warrantied by the shop. It looked good, but I wasn't comfortable with buying one of these leather equipped vehicles, knowing it wasn't done at the factory.

Regarding the Bluetooth -
    My wife and I have Motorola Razr phones, and luckily they are Bluetooth capable. It took me about an hours worth of reading the car's manual, the phone's manual, plus a visit to the Mitsubishi website to gather the information to pair our phones to the car. It then took about 15 minutes to actually program the car and phones. What is wild is when you are driving down the road, and you make or receive a call, and you see your phone going thru the motions as if you are doing it by hand, but in actuality, the phone isn't even being touched.

P.S. - I also thought about the Suzuki SX4, but the Lancer just looked too sharp to pass up.
    Yes the sunroof looks misaligned. Its a GTS with sun & sound package. All factory. No Mods. Thanks alot for the advice we will take it back and insist on a fix. Other than that the Lancer has been awesome and its a kick to drive!
    yeah, I was at work and took a break to go out and try my phone in my Lancer GTS' Bluetooth. I assumed that my phone was Bluetooth capable. I called Mitsubishi customer service and went on the internet to get the right codes and such. I took my boss' cell phone out to my car to talk to the Mitsu rep. and we went through the steps. Eventually we saw that my phone wasn't Bluetooth capable!

Oh well. I'll get another phone later sometime that is. What I do now is put my cellphone in that little storage spot on the console, under the climate control knobs, way back under the dash. I'd like to use the Bluetooth and look forward to that feature.

• krynskykrynsky Member Posts: 8
    Well I had to cross state lines to get it, but got my Blue ES with Sun and Sound plus all the extras. I'm linking a few pictures so folks can take a look
    link title

link title
    link title
  • shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    That blue is a beautiful color! It was my first choice, but I ended up with the Graphite Gray Pearl:

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS Rear Quarter

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS Front Quarter

Gotta love that jet fighter front end!
    the Rally Red and ended up with the Rally Red. That makes me a happy camper!

Congratulations krynsky! Is that Arizona desert or California desert or Nevada desert or Utah desert or Idaho desert or New Mexico desert? Nice blue, it looks great.

My '08 Lancer GTS is going in for it's 2nd L-O-F tomorrow morning early. I will ask them to look at the front passenger door hinge because it's creaking and appears to be loose. Needs a good old-fashioned dealer service tech. tightening and WD-40'ing, I would think. We took it on a road trip yesterday up to Show Low, AZ. Longer trip than we thought it was gonna be. We got home around 1:30 this morning. Once again, the Lancer GTS took the mountain twisties with fun and glee. We saw some bull elk, deer and a momma mountain goat and baby near the Morenci Phelps-Dodge mine. That is one huge mining operation at Morenci, AZ. Huge open pits all over that go from way up hillsides to way down below.

The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer drove us in comfort and ease and returned 31.2mpg for the trip. Just what I bought the beautiful sedan for. :P

Does anyone know how to change the service interval that shows up on the display screen between the speedometer, and the tach? It comes from the factory with a 7500 mile, 5 month service interval pre-programmed. I am going to probably run full synthetic, and have my car serviced in 5,000 mile intervals instead. Anyone know how to change that diplay to reflect 5,000 mile intervals, instead of 7,500?

Secondly, I took the car in for my dealer to install a custom rear spoiler yesterday. When I picked the car up, and first started it, I pressed that "Info" button on the dash to toggle between the screens (again, referring to the screen between the speeedometer and the tach). Well, when I pressed the button, it got stuck. The service manager looked at it and said he has seen this happen to a couple of Lancers. They pulled it into a service bay, and 20 minutes later, it was all fixed.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    I would think it would just be the opposite...7500 miles with a synthetic oil seems very reasonable and 5000 miles on regular dino juice would also be fine. Or better yet, why not let the oil minder do it's job, as it's based on the particular driving style of the owner. I've got an oil minder on my Civic and I'm also thinking of going to synthetic once my freebie oil changes expire, and am wondering if it can be programmed for 7.5k intervals. Will have to inquire at the dealer this Friday when I go for my 2nd oil change.

The Sandman :)
    "I would think it would just be the opposite...7500 miles with a synthetic oil seems very reasonable and 5000 miles on regular dino juice would also be fine"

Maybe, but oil changes are cheap insurance.

"Or better yet, why not let the oil minder do it's job, as it's based on the particular driving style of the owner"

It's not an oil minder. It is simply a "clock" so to speak that counts down 5 months, or 7500 mile increments.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    I heard that the new Lancer comes with the new "World Engine" which is built by Hyundai, Chrysler, and Mitsu. Is this correct??
    Correct, but there are a few differences. For instance, and I will have to find a source to refer to for this, but I think Mitsubishi uses a different head on the engine for the Lancer than Hyundai uses in the Elantra - which is why the Lancer is rated at a higher horsepower than the Elantra.
    no, I have not had my information center get stuck. I'm glad they fixed yours quickly, 1racefan.

Question: I have not yet had my information center display an oil change reminder and I'm at 7,600. I just got my 2nd oil change Tuesday the 21st. Perhaps my service interval reminder is not turned on by the dealer or something? It's not a big deal because I keep very close track of service interval information on my own, constantly.

Anyhow, all's well as my Lancer GTS passed Ideal Mitsubishi's 27-point service inspection with it's 2nd L-O-F and they fixed the loose nut/bolt on the front passenger door hinge.

aviboy97

Yes, the engine is the "world engine" developed between Mitsu, Hyundai, and Chrysler. However, as it has been said, each manufacturer adjusts it for their cars. What is similar is primarily the block, which is the foundation of any engine, is the same through out each model developed. Because the block is the same, this ultimately affects your displacement, size of headers, etc. This is where the engines begin to differ form one another. Each automaker then takes the block and puts on different varying headers, engine management systems, ECU, etc. to make the engine brand unique.

Hope this answers your question.

Bill
    Is that true that Mitsubishi will change the Lancer name to Galant Fortis? Also here in the USA??? I hope NOT!!! :mad:
    More than likely not because there is already an established model line with the public under the Galant name. It would cause too much confusion to the public for the automaker to have a Galant line and a completely different car called the Galant Fortis. The only chance of this happening is if the Galant line was dropped. However, the Lancer market is known is the U.S. because of its bigger brother the Evo. You take away the Lancer and it would cause massive confusion for the Evo and under tuner markets. With the slow recovery that Mitsu North America is trying to pull off right now, they can not and will not afford a name change and confusion that would inevitably lead to loss of sales. They simply can not afford to do it.

Bill
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Is that true that Mitsubishi will change the Lancer name to Galant Fortis? Also here in the USA??? I hope NOT!!!

Galant Fortis name is only for the Japan Domestic Market. Read more here: http://paxtech.blogspot.com/2007/08/galant-fortis-production-launch-jp.html
    confusion going on when that article was just referring to work that Mitsubishi has already planned out and manufactured recently. Just toss it gently out like an old Barbra-Wa-Wa wig. No harm, no foul.

Gentlemen, I received my '08 Lancer GTS' Auto Butler notification the other day in the mail. It's time to get my Lancer's body polished and a new coat of protectant applied. As a part of our purchase contract we get this included with our deal every 6 months. I don't know if this is an Avondale Mitsubishi family of dealers special feature or what, but it rocks mightily. I am tickled pink with my dealer throwing this pup in with no extra cost. They do make sure you know that you have to have all of the bug guts cleaned off and all other grime cleaned off. They'll do it for you if you make an appointment ahead of time with them. It's $9.95 for that. But they'd do it thoroughly--I'm thinkin' I'll probably go that route. Even if I did it myself by the time I got to the dealer there'd be a butt-load of fresh bugs caked on to the front. There...that does it. I'll make the appointment soon. I need to do it within 30 days of September 2007...talk about a tad bit of lee-way there for scheduling!

She's running like a champ at 7,657 miles. I grow fonder and fonder of this 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS in Rally Red with automatic CVT transmission every day. :blush:

Hope that works out for you.

I am a car detail freak, so the thought of anyone washing / polishing my ride makes my stomach cringe. The washing part is a no win deal. They either drive the car through an automatic car wash, which isn't good, or they do a "hand washing". I have seen too many dealers use dirty wash water when hand washing cars, and then use the same towel for the wheels, tires, and painted surfaces, which causes fine scratches and swirling. In order to minimize swirling and scratches, a different was pail and wash mit should be used for the wheels and tires, than for the painted surfaces. Otherwise the tire grime, and abraisive brake dust is dragged across your paint. Not to mention that I have also seen guys try to work quickly with buffers, and cause holograms and other imperfections in the paint.

Sure, it may take 6 hours to do a thorough detailing of a car - from wash to sealant/wax, but no one is going to care for your car the way you would. When we bought our '08 Lancer, we instructed them to let us take it home dirty, with no detail, simply for this reason.

P.S. - If you are still going to let the dealer do this, I would want to know specifically how their process is done.
  • killakamkillakam Member Posts: 1
    hi i just got a 2008 lancer and i was wondering how much do you guys think it would cost to install som lambo doors on the front doors (if its possible) and what do you guys think of this idea? i saw it on a different car and it looked cool, also i think it would be a very unique thing to have since i havnt seen anyone do this to their lancer yet
  • stevecebustevecebu Member Posts: 493
    hi i just got a 2008 lancer and i was wondering how much do you guys think it would cost to install some lambo doors on the front doors (if its possible) and what do you guys think of this idea? i saw it on a different car and it looked cool, also i think it would be a very unique thing to have since i haven't seen anyone do this to their lancer yet

You do mean scissor doors. I have seen them in pics on a Mini Cooper and ask any lambo owner what a PITA those doors are. Also it might affect your structural rigidity some. Plus if you live anywhere that gets snow, well you might not be able to open or close the doors at all!
    There are places that do this just Google for them like Scissor doors or add some syntax like car Mods scissor doors and you'll find them.
    I'd never do that myself to any car. Of course I live where there is a lot of snow. Good luck in an accident because no way are you going to open the door to get out if the door gets hit.
    Harsh but true...

I just think Lambo door conversion kits are big pain for little to nothing gained. I'd rather put the money into performance mods to get more out of the car.

Bill
  • stevecebustevecebu Member Posts: 493
    Harsh but true...
    I just think Lambo door conversion kits are big pain for little to nothing gained. I'd rather put the money into performance mods to get more out of the car.

I don't know about harsh, realistic is how I look at it. Those doors weigh a lot too and need special pistons to help you open and close the door, so less performance.
    For the money I'd rather buy Carbon Fiber doors and hood and reduce weight. Some guys actually paint Carbon Fiber components and you can't believe how much paint adds to the weight!
    If the car is a show car and you do a lot of shows and rarely drive it then ok I suppose in that sense it's ok. But to add a cool factor to your daily driver just to get Pogi points it's not worth it, at least not for me. :shades:
    still if he does it I hope he posts some pics. :)
    True True...totally agree

Bill
  • ru06ru06 Member Posts: 23
    @ 1racefan, I feel the same way! If anyone else touches my car with a cloth or a towel I hold my breath! Sometimes this is hard to avoid (i.e. in the winter when its freezing cold and you want to wash all the salt off at those infamous automatic car washes). This is when you get those "swirl marks" and "holograms" on the car that you mention, since, like you said, the same water and/or towels they use on the wheels they use to dry the hood! Anyways, I have put a couple coats of Zaino on my Grey Lancer GTS w Nav, and it really sinces great! Don't need a dealer to slop on some carnuba wax! Anyways, enjoying my Lancer everyday to the max and to anyone who is thinking about gettin one, I highly recommended it. You got the German looks and Japanese reliability all in one! ;) To someone's earlier post about the service interval in the tach.. I think I read something in the Owner's Manual about that, but I haven't reached 7,500 miles yet, so I haven't gotten to that point yet. Let me know if you figure out how to reset this, or if it can only be reset by a dealer. Cheers!
  • lovethelancerlovethelancer Member Posts: 70
    Kia.....

I have noticed that my subwoofer seems to like pop or sound REALLY bad if the settings for the punch sub are half or higher......i cant really notice that bad noise from the sub while im driving but if the volume is at about 30 and the sub settings are at half or higher and i stand outside my car or open the trunk it sounds horrible. Does your sub sound bad or distorted at all at these levels?

Thanks
  • evosalesevosales Member Posts: 2
    I hope this will help clear things up..

Thursday we had our new product introduction conference call with Mitsu. The following was announced:
    1. Evo X unvailing Jan 13
    2. ONLY six speed available until mid summer
    3. A stepped down EVO, probably, but not certain, to be called "Lancer RalliArt" will be available. 2.4LI turbo all wheel drive with the EvoIX drive system.
    4. Deliveries to selected dealers (Us!)2-1 to 3-1 2008.
    5. MSRP <40k
    6. For all the latest and to get on Mitsu's X mailing list go to LANCERPROJECT.COM
    7. Lancers to be available in 2.0 and 2.4
    8. Gallant NOT going away. '09 available mid year with complete restyle. More rounded.

Hope this helps
  • evosalesevosales Member Posts: 2
    To get around the problems of cleaning, chips, etc. check with your dealer for the 3M Chipguard process. It is a clear plastic film applied over the paint. Guaranteed by 3M and the paint is never touched.
    So let me get this straight...

"1. Evo X unvailing Jan 13"

So they are not unvailing the final production version of the Evo X until Jan. 13, 2008? Mitsubishi stated they would announce it at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show. Granted it would be JDM, but at least it was throw out some ballpark numbers for the rest of the world to chew on.

"2. ONLY six speed available until mid summer"

So the 6 speed will be available first, no surprise there, and they expect the SST sportronic automatic to be available later in the summer? I am assuming that by mid-summer you mean around June/July.

"3. A stepped down EVO, probably, but not certain, to be called "Lancer RalliArt" will be available. 2.4LI turbo all wheel drive with the EvoIX drive system."

They have been stating this for a while. What is the estimated price for this variant (I will refer to this variant as RalliArt for the rest of this post)? Is the 2.4L I4 the "world engine" that Mitsubishi co-developed with Daimler Chrysler and Hyundai? Do you know whether this will have any major body style changes? Have you received any pictures that you can share?

"4. Deliveries to selected dealers (Us!)2-1 to 3-1 2008"

By selected do you mean the Evo or the Evo and the Ralliart or whatever it will be named? Are they sending both at the same time or are they releasing one prior to the other?

"5. MSRP <40k"

I am assuming that the MSRP of less than $40K is for the Evo X. Is this correct? Is this going to be a base or fully loaded price? Did Mitsubishi state anything about whether it would be low, mid, or high $30K or did they just say less than $40K? Also, did they mention anything about the MSRP of the RalliArt version? A base or fully loaded price for the RalliArt?

"6. For all the latest and to get on Mitsu's X mailing list go to LANCERPROJECT.COM"

Been there and they haven't posted new things on the Evo for over a month. I know because I check it almost daily. Thanks for the info though.

"7. Lancers to be available in 2.0 and 2.4"

So, the consumer will have the choice of powertrain of either the current 2.0L I4 engine or the 2.4L I4? If so, again, is this the "world engine" or one produced through Mitsubishi?

"8. Gallant NOT going away. '09 available mid year with complete restyle. More rounded. Hope this helps"

Makes sense...thanks for the clarification and confirmation. I am hoping the redesign of the Gallant helps sales for Mitsubishi even more.

DETAILS PLEASE!!!

Thanks - Gus
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    I hear its a version of the world engine not the 4G63. Engine code is 4B11T.
  • dbains2kdbains2k Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know what difference the Canadian version of this car has, particularly with the GTS model? I Noticed that the Canadian version doesn't have the Navigation option, at least not on the web site. Do any Canadians here have any experience with purchasing the 08 Lancer? Does the dealership have options that the site doesn't have?

Thanks.
  • silviasr20silviasr20 Member Posts: 1
    Hey I'm thinking of buying the gts cvt and was wondering what the sash recall is and just your impression of the new lancer.
    thanks
    Silvia
    The sash recall was a Mitsu started recall to repair an issue that arose during the IIHS crash testing where the back door opened on a off set side impact test. The Sash recall is a one hour fix per side that strengthens the doors and makes it so that they will not accidentally open during a side impact crash. The recall only affects those Lancers that were built in May 2007 or earlier. All Lancers built after May 2007 already have this fix installed at the factory.

Bill