Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Comments

• psychogunpsychogun Member Posts: 129
    Phew... Read though all 12 pages of that EvoM thread... (I've actually been a member there since 2002).

Here's my take-away:

1) Get your tires changed
    and
    2) Have an alignment done

Both of these should be done under warranty and free of charge. Call Mitsu corporate and tell them what your problem is and which dealer you're going to. Let them know what you want done.

If the above two don't completely eradicate the problem:

1) Demand new wheels/rims

2) Ask for a new car (as some on EvoM net have)

For the above two, you'll have to fight Mitsu to get reimbursed (i.e. go through the Dispute Resolution Process).

*Rant*
    However, I have to say that I am disgusted by the litigiousness attitude of some of the members. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as this has been quite prevalent on EvoM net. I suppose this is a carry-over attitude that started with the DSM community 15 years ago...
    *End Rant*
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    no prob with your rant. I agree with you, man. I am just glad I don't have the problem with my '08 Lancer GTS, that of the car pulling to the left. Last night I drove to a neighboring SE Arizona town and while driving down a long stretch of highway that leads away from this town I decided to test my Lancer for this "pulling to the left" problem.

Well, mine doesn't have it. I mean, I let go completely of the wheel for a spell. I could've tuned in a different station on the Lancer 650-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo if I wanted, or took a big bite of a Krispy Kreme donut, too, the car tracked so true for so long. I really think that this issue is affected by the streets we're on. I checked it again last night for the problem and it rode straight.

What's weird is I have noticed it before but it doesn't last or keep up that way. And even if it does it isn't a big deal to correct it while steering. After checking it last night, though, I know my Lancer GTS doesn't have the problem.

Anyone that finds out what people are getting for a corporate or individual dealer response on this issue please post it in here. It will help us see how well Mitsubishi responds to a problem where they will have to part with cash to fix it.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

The silver was my 3rd favorite color choice and looking at this picture I can see why that was. Looks mah-vel-ous.

Actually I had put the Electric Blue as my top color choice and Rally Red was 2nd, but I ended up buying a '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS in Rally Red. It was the way the entire package was laid out on that March 2007 day that helped me decide on the Rally Red. In retrospect I think that I would be happy with either the Rally Red, Electric Blue or Apex Silver, still. They remain my 3 new world order Lancer color favorites.

• lovethelancerlovethelancer Member Posts: 70
    I'm hoping to pick up an electric blue GTS in a few weeks!:)

Two things that I am gonna miss about my jetta though are the blue dash lights and the telescoping steering wheel...but hopefully the Lancer will be less of a hassle maintenance wise over the years than my jetta was!
    so, you're gonna do it and buy a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS and not wait for the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS? Or is that "few weeks" you're talkin' about really more like 5 months of weeks?

Great color choice, BTW! I love the new Lancer's color of Electric Blue. It shows the car's beautiful curves and angles very well.

Are you going with the automatic CVT with paddle shifters or the 5-speed manual, lovethelancer?

I'm planning on going in on March 15th...so a few actual weeks haha

I am going to go with the CVT because I actually never learned to drive a manual (pathetic I know). Plus I live in the Seattle area and I know you know how the hills are around here...no thanks haha

I decided not to wait for the 2009 because they arent going to be coming out for another 4-6 months and I just dont want my jetta to keep costing me money by falling apart haha. I am going to lease the GTS for 36 months and if I still love it after that I will go ahead and buy it. I figure a lease will be good because it is a first year new model car so if it falls apart within 3 years I can get rid of it (really hoping it doesnt because it looks amazing).

I also have not test driven it yet so hopefully i wont be disappointed when I do.

I'm hoping to get the Sun&Sound Package as well as the Navigation and technology package with FAST Key. Hopefully I can get it for $299/mo or less on a lease.....

If you dont mind me asking...how much do you pay for insurance a month sephia?
    insurance costs at all, lovethelancer. I am paying $96.53 a month for insurance for my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS with automatic CVT tranny, Rally Red, 650-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo with 10-inch woofer and 9 speakers, foglights, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob, headrests with built-in head restraint system, automatic climate control with a strong air conditioning system, power w's, d's and m's, micron air filtration in the cabin, rear heater vents on the floor, driver's knee airbag, driver and front passenger side and front airbags and side curtain airbags and rear side curtain airbags, paddle shifters for "shifting" the car through 6 forward "gears", Bluetooth technology, cruise control and steering-wheel mounted audio controls, window tinting, auto-off headlamps and power-glass sunroof.

That car insurance is through Safeco of Seattle, BTW. I am happy with how much I am paying.

That's great news!

This will be my first time off of my dad's insurance policy so I am hoping that doesnt hurt me too much....even if I am paying $125 for insurance I dont think that is too high or anything!

I cant wait to get my lancer i'm so excited!:)
  • ellusionz21ellusionz21 Member Posts: 59
    You should check with Amica, I pay 65/month with my lancer :) I picked a company thru that big review company, I forget the name, but they rated super high like the military only one did.
    Thanks for the Rec. I will check them out!
  • urbanstreetsurbanstreets Member Posts: 3
    Damn Bill your so Right on man, I've actually taken a close eye to that new Hyundai Genisis Coupe and it's certainly gonna attract alot of attention, But I Live In NYC and the weather during the 4 seasons is all over the place! that's why I like the 09 Lancer Ralliart AWD concept and not to mention I diffinalty need a 4 Door! the Genisis 4dr is not the same, you know. I know what you mean about the lancer ralli not having a true gear box, but from what I've been reading they may come out with it later on? so that be icing on the cake! Put I have no problem with paddle shifting, I'm curious to know how that is?? Can anybody tell me how's it like to Paddle Shift on the GTS??????????? later Bill.
    yeah, I have the automatic CVT with paddle shifters mounted right behind the steering wheel on my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. You just change the transmission setting with your gearshift knob to a position slightly towards you, the driver. At this time you will notice a "1" appear on your driver's information main screen on your dash.

You are now ready to go forward. Add some "punch" to your accelerator pedal and then just flick your paddle shifter on your right(the "-" or downward "gears" are on the leftward paddleshifter). Flick and punch up to "2", flick and punch to "3", it's as easy as pie and very fast to "shift" gears around.

I am one that likes to downshift to slow the car down(when driving a real manual-transmissioned car)so I will flick the paddleshifter down one "gear" at a time to slow my Lancer GTS down coming to a stop sign. You can just hit your brakes and your display will show a lower "gear" automatically for you at a stop sign. I learned this a while ago while using the paddle shifters, you don't have to go down to each graduated "down ward gear" , you can just hit your brakes, and just come to a stop and you'll notice your display will read "1". I like to shift downwards one "gear" at a time, though, it's funner. I know, funner's not a word.

You can get better performance with the paddle shifting feature than just driving in 'D' automatic. I can get a better "light engine growl" going with the paddle shifters, too. Anyhoo, the paddle shifters work flawlessly and I am pleasantly surprised at how cool it is to have this feature on my '08 Lancer GTS. I live in a very rural setting but if you live in a rat-racy area and don't want to shift a manual-trannied rig all the time in heavy traffic I would really recommend the Lancer GTS with the paddle-shifting CVT option. Very well done by Mitsubishi.

hey iluvmysephia

Does your Lancer make a noise like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZBTb1AeWkU

I've heard its normal on the CVT, but I dont like that noise AT ALL!:(
  • gijoewildbillgijoewildbill Member Posts: 62
    The guy said it was part of the tire pressure and icy road warning systems...

Bill
    yeah..that was the 2nd noise (which triggers at about the same time the fog lights come on). But that first noise right before the HID's come on.....that sounds AWFUL.

I've read on messageboards that its relays and/or the ABS system doing a self check...but man..that sounds like a car thats about to die:(
  • urbanstreetsurbanstreets Member Posts: 3
    Wow thanks for the feed back, Now I know what exactly to look for. I like the idea of the paddle shifters, i live in the City (N.Y) so I think it would be better for me anyway, but I'm keeping my eyes open for that Ralliart Lancer in 09!! I'm going to the AutoShow in March, cant wait to go see what's going on for the Lancers in 09, which is just a few months away if u really look at it. Damn I went to this link from someone in this forum and it's Youtube and people showing of there lancers and mods, it's great! I was stuck for like a whole hour watching clips of the Lancer!!
    no, I don't have that sound on my Lancer GTS! It sounded like it was him turning his key over to the ACC spot on the starter or something. No, mine does not do that and I wouldn't want mine making that sound on a constant basis. It sounds like the starter gears grinding unhealthily.

And I don't know if that sound has anything to do with the CVT auto at all, either. I wouldn't worry about it, lovethelancer. Anybody else with a Lancer able to reproduce the sound on that YouTube video and know what causes it. I don't believe I have heard that sound coming from my Lancer GTS.

thanks...i will be sure to check for that weird noise and the pull to the left issue when i go test drive a lancer (and likely purchase) this weekend.

I am going to get the same car as you sephia, but in Electric Blue. I'm hoping to get them down to $20,405 + tax/title/licensing for the CVT auto with S&S package. I am going to put $500 cash down and trade in my jetta, which should add about another $2000.....So I am looking at $377/mo for 60 months as long as I qualify for the 4.9% financing (which I think I should...my credit score is very good). I am excited....and if I can get my insurance for $123 or less thats only $500/mo on a new car hahaha....I wanted to get the nav package, but it just isnt practical and I should be trying to save money not completely break myself

Thanks for the feedback!
  • smortensensmortensen Member Posts: 5
    well factor out the cost of the nav package over five years and it's really quite reasonable for something you'll literally use every single time you're in the car. store music, get directions, interface with the stereo, I mean if you want it (and can afford to increase the payments by like forty bucks a month (?) ya know, it's really not that bad.

besides, I figure if you're gonna go broke, why half-[non-permissible content removed] it? :P
    haha! such a good point.

and yeah it would bring my payments to $405/mo

I dunno its just not that practical for me...i dont need directions 99% of the time....the stereo interface would be cool and the keyless entry and start are awesome...but im really stretching my budget so i'm just trying to tell myself no for once haha
    package and it just isn't necessary for us. We're fine without it. But I am glad we got the Sun and Sound package. lovethelancer, I think you're gonna love the 650-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo with 9-speakers and subwoofer in the trunk. It's great and the sunroof is very cool, too.

That sound on the YouTube video-I wouldn't worry about that at all. I don't know if this guy has messed with his car's electrical system putting a different lighting system in or what. You won't get that sound with your Lancer GTS!

See if your Lancer GTS test drive pulls to the left, loverthelancer. Some people are getting new sets of tires, I don't have the problem. I hope all of you that are getting a new Lancer don't have the problem. Wow...lovethelancer, I'll bet you're getting excited. It's worth the money IMO! Enjoy your buying experience!

What do you guys think of the Aqua Metallic color on the Lancer. I went to the dealership to look at Lancer's today and the color looked pretty nice....The blue looked almost too shiny or something, but it could have been the lights.
    personally I hate the aqua. To each his/her own though.
    I do like the Aqua Blue but prefer the Rally Red and Electric Blue over it, though. Keep evaluating and you'll find the one you like best.

I didnt like Aqua at first but its growing on me....and now I kinda like it.....and a majority of the colors...i really like black but it would be so hard to keep clean. I'm going to the dealership on Thursday to test drive and I guess I will decide what color I like best then. ...and then i'm hoping to be driving my new Lancer Saturday night!:)
    Luvmysephia (and other lancer owners)

Have you guys had any of the notorious mitsubishi BAD paint problems that I am reading about? EEK!:(
  • lancerfanlancerfan Member Posts: 17
    k so i have been seriously looking into getting the 08 lancer gts with sun and sound package and probly gonna get black or red. I just wanna get some advice from owners on what is worth getting. I kinda want to try a automatic in my next car and this car just seems to be one to get automatic cuz of its sweet paddle shifters and the apparantly better milage. I have not test driven it but what i have read from other reviews is that its very slow but i dunno what they are comparing it to. SO compared to something like a cavalier is it faster slower or aout the same? i have also read that last year they had a re call on some doors that scratched the paint or something but i only read bout that in one forum and i also read bout the crappy tires they seem to have and about bad road noise. i know this car is completly redesigned and will have a few faults but i guess i just wanna know bout the reliability you guys are having so far and about the speed of this awesome sporty lookin car:)
  • tiff_ctiff_c Member Posts: 531
    I kinda want to try a automatic in my next car and this car just seems to be one to get automatic cuz of its sweet paddle shifters and the apparently better mileage. I have not test driven it but what i have read from other reviews is that its very slow but i dunno what they are comparing it to. SO compared to something like a cavalier is it faster slower or about the same?

Everyone told me a Civic Si has no power until 6,000 rpms. Well I find that for in city driving even with 4 people in it I have no problem at all with it and it IS very quick and easy to shift.
    That said it was last on my list as I wanted a Mazdaspeed 3. I bought the Civic Si, so test drive a bunch of cars not Just the Lancer and see for yourself. Heck drive a Civic Si Sedan and see if you think it has no power. But if you jump into a 460 ft/lb of torque Vette or Viper, well yeah it's going to seem pretty wimpy in comparison.
    You can't decide until you test drive, believe me.
    Oh and all automatics are slower due to drivetrain loss. It's just the way it is. They rob more power to run the tranny so expect a manual to be quicker
    I don't have the "moving to the left issue" that has been mentioned.

I do have the automatic CVT transmision and I like it..it picks up and moves just fine for me but I don't like to drive exceedingly quick or fast, anyway. It will pick up faster when in the CVT "paddle shifting" mode, I've noticed. Plenty of pick up for me.

And, as to the paint issue, I don't have a problem with that, either. I do have a small paint chip that has developed on my left rear door. I bought a paint stick from my dealer to repair that but I haven't done it yet. No inordinant amount of chipping going on with mine, though. We are going in a week form Monday to get another 'Auto Butler' service done. They clean it inside and out and then put a couple of protectant coatings on the paint. It looks great when done and I can't wait!

Have fun test driving-I think you'll find that it's a good car and worth the money spent-I certainly do.

ya i understand. but shouldnt the manual mode make it almost as fast cus its instant shifts and u choose when it shifts like a standard
    goes as fast as a manual when in the CVT paddle-shifting mode. There is no messing with the clutch and you just punch it and accelerate as fast and paddle-shift as fast as you want. It works flawlessly, too. I think you'll like it.

So I test drove a Lancer GTS and a Mazda 3 Grand Touring S last night.

My friend HATES the Lancer's transmission and showed me that the Mazda's sporttronic responds WAY better than the lancer's does. I felt that the Mazda 3 had a smoother ride and felt like a more solid car overall.

I am still having a tough time deciding because the Mazda is $2000 more and doesnt have the touch screen NAV....I got quoted for insurance and the Lancer will be $96 a month while the Mazda would be $106.

I was turned off a little bit by the noises the engine of the lancer makes in first gear and by the smells of the breaks and chemicals the lancer was emitting while driving it

It is such a tough call for me to make...I feel like I get more features in the lancer at a cheaper price, but the mazda comes with leather and HID headlights....URRRGGGG I cant decide haha

I am gonna probably test drive the Lancer again tomorrow and compare maintenance prices and make a decision and will hopefully be driving a new car by late tomorrow afternoon!
    to the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS in the looks department. To me there's no anquish at all making that decision. But don't let me influence you....buy what you like! I just don't like the Mazda3's blocky chunky looks, they're not anywhere near as hot as the new Lancer's, IMHO. :blush:

oh yeah...the lancer blows the mazda out of the water in the looks department haha
    I actually just made a little comparison for myself:

Lancer GTS vs. Mazda 3 S Grand Touring

Prices after tax--- Lancer: $24986.50, Mazda: $25,096.50

Engine & Transmision-- Edge goes to the Mazda on this one with more HP and smoother sporttronic

Lighting: Mazda has the edge with HID's and LED tail lights

Sound: Pretty much a wash....the RF in the lancer hits harder, but the bose system has more clarity

Looks: Lancer by a landslide

NAV: at this price the mazda doesnt have a NAV and the lancer has the awesome touch screen

Seating: Edge goes to the mazda with the leather seats

Insurance cost: Lancer $96/mo, mazda $106/mo

Warranty: Lancer has 5 year and 10 year, mazda only 3 and 5 year

It is so close cuz the HID's and leather are REALLY nice upgrades and the nav isnt really all that neccesary....but the looks....man the lancer is way better looking haha

I should be driving away in one of these 2 cars in about 15 hours!
    some would consider leather to be a downgrade :p
    the tension mounts as to which car lovethelancer selects! I think she'll pick the Lancer GTS for 2008. Just a "feeling" I'm picking up from the Pacific NW to the SE Arizona desert, I dunno. :D

Haha luvmysephia I'm a dude!

I'm leaning toward the Lancer, but I am going to make my decision in a couple of hours when I go to the dealership and drive them again!
    sorry about the gender mistake! Yikes.

Now you're perfectly justified in buying the Mazda3, man!

Drive 'em and make your best decision. Either car you pick will be a great car, I think. I am even starting to like the Mazda2, which shares drivetrains with the new Ford Fiesta that will be coming to America in 2010. I like both of those subcompact designs a lot.

Get back on here as soon as ya know, OK, lovethelencer? I think you're gonna go Mitsubishi on this one, but pick the one ya like the best and have fun. Happy test driving!

I didnt even test drive the mazda again today. The price difference was just too much.

I ended up getting the Silver GTS with Nav and S&S and CVT

I ended up paying MSRP (22715) + $800 for GAP insurance and then they talked me into a car care maintenance package where I get 5 years of oil changes, brake maintenance, and tire rotations for free...now that I think about it I dunno if it was worth the $2000 haha Oh well. I'm happy with the car so far, but there is so much to learn on this thing!

So my payments are $422 a month for 72 months EEKS haha oh well at least my insurance is under $100 so it isnt THAT bad for a fully loaded car!

I've noticed a couple of cheap things so far (especially the carpeting in the trunk....WOW so cheap compared to my VW jetta that I just traded in haha)

They only gave me $1000 for my jetta so that hurt a little bit, but oh well!

So far I'm a happy camper. Next I need to get my windows tinted so that its harder to see my NAV system....i'm a little worried about that haha
    but, man, are these '08 Lancer GTS' awesome cars!

The maintenance package we went for only covers 1/2 the price of the tire rotations and no brake work, IIRC. I'll find that out later on. I've only used my maintenance package for L-O-F's and one tire rotation so far. The first real maintenance service package will be the 30,000 mile one and we're only at around 17,600 miles right now. I will do it religiously, though, like I kept my 2 Kia's up. It will pay off for you in less car trouble and better trade-in value.

Congrats, lovethelancer! You got yourself a great compact car there!

Well geesh. My Lancer was manufactured in Oct 2007 so just before they started putting the modified relays in. So my buddy and I detailed the car washed and waxed it and all that....i go to start it and it wouldnt start first try....then on second try it struggled a bit but started....

Sephia....have you had that problem at all in the past year with your Lancer? I dont think mine pulls to the left or right though, which is good....seems to just go with the flow of the road!

went over the 100 mile mark today already haha
    Also Sephia,

I was wondering if you could tell me how much your maintenance tuneups have cost?

I'm sure the one at 15k was the only one over $100 so far? My buddy just got the 30k done on his mazda 3 and it was $575 so I'm trying to find out what it might cost on the lancer!
  • ellusionz21ellusionz21 Member Posts: 59
    bad bad... never buy gap at the dealership! I paid like a few bucks for it thru my insurance :P
    ah dang! I guess I should have done more research...that sucks!!!
    I paid, get this, guys: $9.60 for Gap insurance through Safeco car insurance(my regular car insurance provider). I think that's per year but it might be per 6-month insurance period, though. Have to look that one up I guess. But still, it's cheap!

lovethelancer...nope, mine hasn't had any trouble starting up. Not even a flicker of hesitation. Starts right up every time.

And as far as the maintenance costs, go, man, I'm not the one to ask. Because my wife and I bought the pre-paid service plan at the time of purchasing the car. So it's plugged right in to our purchase contract. I just present coupons to the dealer when getting scheduled work done. Tire rotations are only covered 1/2 I know for sure. All L-O-F's are paid with coupons at no extra cost. So, my information is kind of sketchy for sure. I liked the idea of paying up front for maintenance.

I will tell you this much. When getting one of our L-O-F's with coupons I asked the service guy about the 15,000 mile service. He said that at that dealership they don't recommend the 15,000 mile service and promote the 30,000 mile service. The 30,000 mile service costs $199.95 IIRC. All important fluids are changed including the fuel filter. Here is where I am going to have to really communicate with the dealer's service center. If my pre-paid plan doesn't cover something I still want that thing done. I get pretty thorough with car maintenance because I firmly believe it pays off. So I'll fill you in as I get service done and how much it will run. I am at about 17,668 miles as of right now and mostly had oil changes. One tire rotation. I asked him if it voids the Warranty from Mitsubishi to skip the 15,000 mile service and he said "No." I will get the 30,000 mile service for sure. And the 60,000 and the 90,000. I think the 15,000 mile service is over-kill, really. I don't feel endangered of voiding my Warranty from Mitsubishi, either. Oh, our Lancer GTS' spark plugs are good until the 100,000 mile mark. Iradium-tipped plugs go a long time.

One thing I may ask for next L-O-F is to have them change my air filter. I live in dusty Arizona, no further explanation required.

Please continue to comment and ask questions about your new car, lovethelancer. Oh, I'm still reading my owners manual, too! I am almost done with it. Read it and learn, man. Lots of detailed info. on the 650-watt RF stereo in there and settings and things I don't use but y'all might want to.

One thing I learned that I do religiously is to run my air conditioner in the winter once a week. That is to keep it's compressor parts lubricated so they don't dry up and crack their seals and such. It's in your manual! Later. :)

Awesome. Thanks Sephia....

Yeah I wasnt too happy about the starting hesitation (had to attempt a 2nd time after washing my car)

I'm thinking I will probably have them put the modified relays in at my first LOF

When did you have your first LOF done? I dont really want to wait until 5000 miles for the first one, but I'm guessing the maintenance coupons that I am gonna get are pretty specific about waiting for a particular mileage point.

Also Sephia, did you get your windows tinted at all?
    I have also been trying to decide between the mazda3 and the lancer. In my opinion, the mazda probably is a better car and will keep its value better but i don't know if its quite worth the extra money compared to the lancer. Plus the lancer looks way cooler!! haha Im wondering if now you have any regrets on buying the lancer over the mazda?
    After driving my buddys 2006 Mazda 3 I can tell its a better made car (material quality wise), He has the top of the line model with everything on it and got it for $26,000 after taxes and licensing...he didnt get gap or extended warranty or anything though. I paid about $26,000 for my lancer with the extended maintenance program and GAP insurance...it doesnt have leather or HID's but its pretty much fully loaded as far as the lancer goes. I'm hoping the CVT tranny breaks in a little and the engine noise goes down a bit.....the noise between 1st and 2nd "gear" sounds pretty horrid. The Mazda is also much quiter in the cabin while driving, but i dont mind it too much since i usually have the stereo up! The bluetooth phone is pretty cool too on the lancer. I'm just hoping the lancer holds up and doesnt require too many repairs or anything!

I love my touch screen nav, the fast key is cool, the stereo system is good for the price with the sunroof.

The Lancer is a bit bigger than the mazda 3, but doesnt seem to be too much bigger

The spoiler is huge...I drove my buddy's mazda today cuz my windows were getting tinted and its like nothing compared to the lancer's spoiler.

I dont regret buying the Lancer yet because I havent had any problems and its a car you dont see a lot of on the road, whereas you see a large number of mazda 3's on the road now. I like the uniqueness, but it also makes me think I passed up on the best car in the class for the price (could be the mazda 3)
  • dcp2798dcp2798 Member Posts: 1
    In regards to the messages about the 08 Lancer GTS and it's problem of pulling to the left I have the following story…

I bought a Lancer GTS two weeks ago, Feb 28 to be exact. I noticed the very next day that it pulls slightly to the left. I drive approx. 80 miles/day to and from work on the freeway. At highway speeds the car pulls to the left very badly. If you were to take your hands off the wheel you'd be in the next lane before you knew it.

I took the car back to my dealer where they gave it a wheel alignment. They had the mechanic go for a test drive with me. The car pulled to the left just as before.

Thanks to this thread I was knowledgeable enough to inform my dealer that I knew the 08 Lancers have a problem wheel alignment and pulling left. My dealer acknowledged this and is setting up an appointment for me with a Mitsubishi representative. I haven't met with the rep yet but I hope, armed with this information, they'll fix the car with new tires or whatever else will it takes to get the car to drive straight.