Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Comments

• reigtsreigts Member Posts: 1
    I've had my Lancer GTS for 10 months now and after 17k miles, no problems so far. Has anyone done any modification on their GTS's?
  • lovethelancerlovethelancer Member Posts: 70
    My Lancer only has 230 miles on it, but I dont think it has the pulling to the left issue...if it does its ever so slightly.....but i also think the steering is just super touchy cuz ive felt it pull right a little too depending on the road and which direction i last put the steering wheel.

reigts......when was your lancer made? you havent even had to have the new relays or throttle sensors put in? Where do you live? Ever had super cold days?
  • milwcheapguymilwcheapguy Member Posts: 19
    New to the forum and gotta post.

I took delivery of an 08 ES 5 speed in Rally Red on 2/25. I needed a car when my 15 yr old Buick went boom. This car met the needs. Love the car. Love the FAST key.

I also want to share some of the $$ info for other shoppers. My car is an 08 ES with the Tech and Appearance package

List Price was $17,705. My Purchase price was $16,150. Yes $700 back of invoice, and it was on a dealer trade - not an in stock unit. And I still got the $500 auto show rebate.

Here is why I got the Lancer over the competition... Mitsubishi had a great lease program.

24 Months 30,000 miles $125 total out of pocket due at delivery for $249.98 a month including Wisconsin's 5.6% sales tax. Rolled into the lease was my first payment, refundable security deposit and acquisition fee. (all except the $125 that I put down). If after two years, I don't like the car, it goes away with no skin off my back. If I love the car still, I can buy it for $10,800.

With those lease terms I had to get the Lancer. I am a former car salesman and have told myself that I would never lease a car, but I just couldn't pass this deal up.

My only real complaint about the car is that it desperately needs a 6th gear or a lower 5th gear. Cruising @ 70 mph the engine is doing about 3200 RPM. I have lots and lots of torque to pass and go faster, but I could really use the better fuel mileage more than the convenience of not having to down shift.

Through my first two tanks of fuel I am averaging 27.5 mpg in a city/hwy mix.

Love the car and would recommend to others.
  • lancerfanlancerfan Member Posts: 17
    thanks lovethelancer.

Anyone own this car where its really cold? because the car salesman i talked to said the lancer actually doesnt need a block heater and the radiator is actually split into two smaller ones. So it only has a little bit of water flowing through until the engine warms up, meaning, that it warms much much quicker. Is this really true because i never heard of this before?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    yeah, I had my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS' first L-O-F done at about 3,200 miles. My pre-printed coupons from the program I bought with the car say 5,000 miles on them for the first L-O-F. I showed that to the service writer and he said that would be fine, to get it early at only 3,200 miles. And I've just been tearing coupons out every 3,000-4,000 miles to get L-O-F's done and my dealer has been fine with it. I really appreciate their serive work and, even though we bought from Avondale Mitsubishi just west of Phoenix, this dealer(Ideal Mitsubishi) is only about 80 miles from our home. Avondale Mitsubishi is about 209 miles NW of our home! I got a really wild hair and went a long ways from our house to buy my car, knowing that, like my previous two new cars, Kia's, I could go to any of their dealer's for service or repair. So I did. I am really happy with the deal we got and the '08 Lancer GTS has been a joy.

I hope you get those relays put in. Where did you hear about that idea? Hope they solve your starting problem. Oh, window tinting. Ours came with winting tinting already done. And they are pretty dark, although I don't think they're lawbreakingly dark, living in Arizona our tinting laws are probably pretty liberal, also. But they help me to the point that I don't have to wear sunglasses to shield my eyes from the bright Arizona sun. And the side windows are also tinted very well. Love it! lovethelancer, just a heads up on the window tinting. By rollign them up and down we developed some light scratching of the window tinting. They appear as light, vertical scratches on the four windows that roll down with the power window buttons. I am not upset by this (they don't appear that solid on the window, just merely very light lines) but some '08 Lancer owners who have observed this have had conniption fits over it and demanded a fix, etc. I just blow the problem off, doesn't hamper any sight operation out the windw at all. You don't appear to have gotten any window tinting yet so if you want tinting you may mention this to the professional who is going to do the tinting, or to your dealer if they're gonna do it, etc., OK?

Man, tomorrow my wife and I cruise the 209 miles NW to Avondale Mitsubishi by Phoenix to get our 'Auto Butler' two-coat protectant put on. BTW-looking on th bright lime green colored card that 'Auto Butler' sends us in the mail, it says on it "This card must be presented to dealer to maintain Warranty coverage". So, I don't know if Mitsu is demanding this two-coat protectant service be done every 6 months(it doesn't cost anything to have it done and we're reminded by this card coming in the mail to our home)to maintain the paint Warranty, or, this is our dealer's deal to buyers of their rigs to help them maintain their car's paint beauty and help it to resist paint chipping.

As far as paint chipping goes, I have one paint on my left rear door, right by the edge where it comes to a close next to the car's body. I have already purchased a paitn stick from Ideal Mitsubishi that is a two-step paint touch-up process. It cost $9.95 plus tax. On one end of the stick you have your Rally Red paint applicator and on the other end is your clearcoat applicator that you apply after applying your paint. I have one other tiny spot to cover with this paint stick also on the left hand side of the car. So far no chips up front that I can see, so that's good news. So I don't consider myself part of the infamous Mitsubishi paint chipping problem that you can read about here when you search for '2008 Mitsubishi Lancer'.

And before they can apply the two-coat protectant service tomorrow at noon they will wash my windows inside and out, vacuum my interior and thoroughly wash my Lancer's exterior, being careful to get all of the bugs off, for only $9.95. Seems a good deal to me. We'll get that done tomorrow and I'll let y'all know how it looks afterwards. Last time we had it done(September of 2007) it looked clean as a thistle afterwards and very shiny.

Good fortune all of y'all with your '08 Lancer's! I love 'em!

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

Wow. Very nice....I actually just got my windows tinted last Wednesday....20% very dark and actually illegal in this state, but my jetta had 20% on it too for 8 years and i never got in trouble.....35% is the legal limit, but hopefully i dont get in any trouble hahah

I havent rolled my windows down yet because its been raining forever haha...but i did know about the scratching and let my guy know..he said the people probably used cheap tint, but he guaranteed his so if i had any problems just bring it in and he would fix it

The relays thing is something that supposedly affects a large number of lancers made before november 13 2007 in cold or wet areas....supposedly the original relays get condensation in them and cause an intermittent no start problem.....which I experienced for the 2nd time in a week last night. ...i just have to try a second time and it starts up...hopefully it never strands me.

I plan on callin the dealership and having them order the modified relays so i can get them put in when i go get my plates!...supposedly it fixes the problem on MOST of the lancers
  • mbuntingmbunting Member Posts: 158
    It's not scratching due to 'cheap tint'. It will scratch eventually if you ever roll down your windows. You have to have the tint installer (or yourself) install moleskin or felt to the inside of your doors, see here to order a kit: http://www.tintprotector.com/mitsubishi/index.htm

My windows are getting pretty bad, especially the drivers side because it goes up and down at least a couple times a day.

My major issue of pulling to the left has actually been (somehow) remedied by the Mitsu dealer. It just took about 4 trips and several alignments and tire rotations to get it to where it is acceptable for me. I'm still not convinced that is completely gone or that it won't come back again, but we'll see.
    Sephia...was the auto butler program something they offered to you when you bought the car or did those little cards just start showing up in the mail? I would love to have something like that done to my car...as long as they washed it by hand ...rather than with a crappy machine that will put swirls in my paint haha
    the Auto Butler program was bought at purchase time. It was $297.60 and I recall asking them before about how long it lasts. It continues throughout the Warranty period and is a two-coat application given every 6 months.

I think it has saved my paint job because I do cruise on gravel roads fairly often in this rural SE Arizona town and county I live in. I'd say it was well worth the 300 clams in our case. I have two little specks that have flecked off and I have a Mitsu paint stick in Rally Red to use on them. Probably paint over them this spring sometime.

nice...i'm sure it would have been beneficial for me too, but they didnt offer it to me.....my car care plan was $2000 and covers all my oil changes and tire rotations for 5 years and the guy said it extends my bumper to bumper warranty to 10 years but i dont think that is right haha...it was $2000 though so who knows haha
  • bensirbensir Member Posts: 5
    well well , ive been reading this forum over the past several days because i am about to walk out the door and trade in my 2006 eclipse ( which i love but my bad back doesnt ) for a new lancer gts electric blue pearl with the cvt and sun and sound package . ive driven the car twice and im hoping i can get used to the drop off in performance ,, the eclipse was no ball of fire but it had a 5 speed which made it pretty darn quick , i think the paddle shifters will help , and i think when i get used to having an automatic again it will be ok , but damn that lancer gts is a nice looking car . sooooooo this forum was very very helpful to me in alerting me to issues with the car and what people who own them think , okkkkk time to head out and do this ,, if all goes well ill be driving it home in a couple hours , and after i get a feel for it ill pop back in and tell ya what i think ,,, thanks to all the posters here the info was most helpful !
    I live in Wisconsin. I have only had mine for a few weeks and while it has not been that cold (below zero F) it has been below the freezing mark in the AMs. My Lancer does warm up rather quickly. It takes about 5 minutes to get to the freeway and the car is spewing warm air by the time I get to there.
  • woods77woods77 Member Posts: 23
    I don't want to sound retarded but what does the FAST key do? :confuse: I am also torn between the mazda3 and lancer. I really want the mazda3 but Mazda does not even offer Bluetooth. :cry: I can't believe in this day and age, Bluetooth is not even offered as an option. I am looking to buy in about 5 months so I still have time to think it over. I was interested in the Caliber but test drove one and wasn't that impressed. I do think the Lancer is one cool looking car.
    Woods,

FAST key allows you to open/unlock your doors by simply having the key in your pocket...it also lets you start the car without the key in hand/ignition (i hope that makes sense)

FAST key is a cool option, but i think it only comes with the navigation package....

and yeah the blue tooth is cool...and in WA state we cannot use cell phones in our cars unless they are hands free starting in July so it was a no brainer almost for me

the madza is made with nicer materials, but test drive both and make your decision..the mazda costs more for the same options in it...

I kinda got ripped off but i got my GTS for about $25k after taxes and all of that...but im hoping it will last a long time..and i am liking the car more everyday. It was a weird transition from a german VW, but im starting to like it more and more

and we cant deny how bad [non-permissible content removed] the car looks!:)
    bensir!

did you get your GTS?!?!? How do you like it?
  • p996p996 Member Posts: 56
    You are right. Tintprotector.com makes the best solution to the scratching and streaking tint problem.

They’re moleskin felt is make with acrylic. It's the same stuff they use in super glue.

I tried the cheep moleskin and it fell off. Tint Protector makes their own for this purpose. Highly recommended!
    I got the fast key on my ES. It was part of the tech and appearance package (less than $1000) which was the Fast Key, Bluetooth, trunk lip spoiler and chrome exhaust tip. I don't have the navi system on mine.

You would be amazed at how quickly you get used to the convience of the key staying in your pocket to get into and start the car. I have caught myself several times trying to start the wifes minivan with out a key since I got my Lancer.
    Wow to start the car without the key and even open the car without the key sounds awesome. Thanks for the reply. I am hoping to test drive this weekend both cars. Here is Florida the is no law about hands free calling but there should be. I have an 03 Corolla with an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth. Nothing to fancy but still the convienence of it says a lot. I really would not like to go to a car without it. Glad you are enjoying your new ride. Maybe you can post a couple of pics here or on your carspace so we can see it. ;)
    Thanks for the reply. Fast Key sounds so cool. Can't wait to take this car for a test drive.
    people interested in the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer! I love my '08 Lancer GTS more every passing day. Yesterday my son and I drove up to Avondale Mitsubishi(209 miles to our NW) to get our Lancer's Auto Butler treatment applied. Wow...the car looks like showroom condition again! They washed it inside and out(windows real well, I have two Pomeranians, one looks like a coyote and he slobbers on the inside of my Lancer's windows constantly!!), vacuumed the interior and got all of the bug guts off of the outside of the car. Then they applied the Auto Butler treatment.

Whoa, I can't believe it...I run my fingers over the car's body and it's smooth as silk! I told the service guy "Aren't you going to charge me the $9.95 for the car's cleaning beforehand?"

He replied..."Umm, no, you're good. You may get a survey, I'll be expecting all 10's on it!"

"You will be getting 10's", I told him.

I averaged 35 mpg yesterday, most of the miles on the I-10 freeway in middle-southern Arizona. Nice ride, to say the least! ;)

• psychogunpsychogun Member Posts: 129
    If you can wait another few weeks, you should be able to get the 2009 Lancer GTS which will have the 2.4l instead of the 2.0l engine. Performance should improve a bit. It's expected to be only a few hundred quid more than the 2008 (though no incentives...)
    yep , i got it and after having it a whopping 24 hrs so far so good ,well except for 1 trip back to the dealer .. turns out My car was on display at the cleveland auto show and as a rule they remove the relay that works the horn to keep spectators from honking it i guess , and some genius forgot to put it back in ,,, so an inconvenience having to drive back there but they had me in and out in 5 minutes soooo im not gonna complain too much ,, some quick impressions .... no pull to the left on flat roads ,, i think alot of people with that issue may just not be paying attention to the road they are driving on ,, in these parts there are very few roads that are flat , they all tilt some toward the curb so naturally if you let go of the wheel on a road like that the car will tend to drift downhill ,, im real picky !!! and if there was some kinda pulling problem i would notice it it right away , but for me , no such thing yet ,, the blue tooth is awesome once i figured it out *lol** 650 watt stereo is great ,, blew out my salesman with some black crows , and YES .. hehe .. ive learned a few tricks using the manual mode and after only 1 day of driving i dont think the initial lack of pickup is going to bother me in the least , i did talk to a friend who is somewhat of a car freak and he suggested i buy a .K and M i think cant be sure if thats the name of the company but a high performance air filter to replace the stock one will give you 7 to 10 more horsepower for around 40 bucks or so , im gonna pick one up over the next few days so if it helps ill let ya know , how are you lovingyours lovethelancer??
    I'm liking mine more every day...drove over 100 miles for work today and only averaged 27.5mpg, but I'm guessing the fuel consumption ratings will increase once the engine is broken in!

I'm also hoping to get some pics up for you guys this weekend!!!

It is awesome to see so many newcomers on the site.....seems like the interest is getting even higher in this car......I was at lunch today and my car was parked right outside the sandwich shop and I was admiring how great it looks!:)
    that noise is the cars computer kicking on , mine does it and several others that were on the lot do it as well , its a Normal sound for the lancer , if you turn the key till right before the engine kicks over you will hear it , just wanted to pass that on
    yeah..but my Lancer doesnt make anywhere near as loud of a noise like that lancer in the youtube video does
    could it be that the mike is right by where the noise is coming from in the Lancer in the You Tube video? I have heard something like that while turning the key and starting up my Lancer GTS. But maybe they have the recording mike right close by the item generating that noise on the video.

Any and all of you '08 Lancer owners be sure and accelerate in to a turn every so often...your Lancer will do well with it and the car will sort of will you to push it harder. Mitsubishi designs in to their Lancer's knowledge that they have learned while winning Dakar races. It is well-thought out and designed for performance and our Lancer's include some nice creature comforts at the same time. For example, sunroofs and 650-watt RF stereo's. :shades:

hey guys!

I finally got around to taking a few pics....They arent very good, but at least they give you an idea of what it looks like.....the windows are tinted...thats my only mod haha

Also, it's pretty dirty...I need to wash it tonight or tomorrow!

here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24982753@N08/
    The car looks really great! Great Pics. The more I see the Lancer the more I think I am going to get one in a few months. I don't want to wait but need to save some money, so I got to.
    yeah save as much as you can...buying a new car always screws people financially (myself included haha)

the more I think about it the more I kinda wish I would have leased it for 3 years.....and then if I still loved it I would buy it....instead I'm paying an arm and a leg for 6 years...and then after that the car will be worth almost nothing anyways so it wouldnt be much different than just returning a lease haha......I think I could have saved a lot of money in the long run by doing a lease....oh well.
    I need some help. I have had my Lancer since Feb 25. I now have 1500 miles on it. In my regular drive, rush hour stop and go traffic I averaged 27.5 mpg on my first three tanks. Today I went on a little road trip. I filled up right before I left and went 300 all highway miles. I live in Wisconsin. While not as flat of topography as Indiana, still not a mountainous Colorado type area. It was 150 miles each way, with no noticable wind. I had the cruise set at 68/69 MPH. I even drafted a truck for about 75-80 miles of the trip. I got 32.4 MPG for the trip.

Will the mileage get better when I have it broken in some more?? Or when it warms up some more??? (it was 35-40F according to the thermometer on the dash)

I was expecting 35+ considering that I had the cruise set, was driving under 70mph, drafted a truck and wasn't running the A/C.

Are my expectations unrealistic? Any help and references of what you guys are getting would be appreciated.

BTW '08 ES 5speed
    No....I am actually surprised you are getting that good of mileage. This car is rated at 22 city and 29 highway.

I've been lucky to get 28 highway on my car so far (it has 600 miles)
    Yes - The car is rated for 29 hwy - but that is the new for '08 EPA formula. That formula is designed to be low because it accounts for speeds above 75mph with the A/C on. Neither of which happened on my trip.

I have also read some of the other posts of people getting 35+mpg

With my 5sp 70mph puts the engine at 3200rpm. Is that the same as the CVT? What is the engine speed for CVT owners??
    I'm not sure about 70mph but I think my CVT is at about 2000 RPM's in the 55-60mph range.

I will try to pay more attention to my mileage and get back to you soon. But yeah 28.6mpg is the best I've got on a single trip (the farthest trip I've taken is 40 miles haha but they were mostly highway).
    well , ive had my lancer gts for 1 week and thought i would tell ya'll what i think ..negatives ,, cat hair magnet interior ,lol,, a little noisy in the cabin ... and to be honest , thus far thats it ,,, i Love it ,, the lack of power has proven to be no problem at all ,, i find this car to be a cruiser , wont win any races but will look good cruising down the road and i find it to be a pretty comfortable ride as well on smooth roads the thing just glides , i love the handling on winding roads and the leather wrapped steering wheel just feels amazing in my hands ,, the 650 watt stereo is just amazing ,, well what else can i say ,, its been a week and about 300 miles and im very happy with this car so far ,,,, keeping my fingers crossed !
    Good to hear!

I got my windows tinted a few days after getting the car and i waited a week to roll them down....and i already have a few vertical scratches on the front windows.....not cool Mitsu not cool haha

but my tint guy said he would re-do them if any scratches came up..I warned him about them, but he thought it was probably just cheap tint.

My lancer has had quite a few "less than perfect" (is what i am calling them) starts so far in the 2 weeks that I have had it. I have had two instances where the car didnt start on the first try, but did on the second and I'd say probably 3 times where the car acts like it isnt gonna start (cranks like half way) then does start.....I'm wondering if I should just go get the relays replaced.

When was your lancer manufactured bensir? Mine was Oct 2007 and supposedly they stopped using the bad relays on Nov 13, 2007 DANGIT haha
    Well I drove 60 miles today. About 45 highway, 15 city-ish

My average speed was 32mph and I got 27.3mpg

at 62 miles per hour my tach read 2100 RPM

My car has 650 miles on it
  • tiff_ctiff_c Member Posts: 531
    I went to the dealer on Saturday. I wasn't looking to buy right away maybe 2 months from now. I'm also looking at the STI and my impression of the new Evo is lackluster. The dealer had a $2,000 aero kit added to every Evo on the lot. i guess the Evo looks too much like the regular Lancer :confuse:
    Anyway I was not impressed. The drivers seat was uncomfortable, my wife could not get the seat close enough to put the clutch pedal to the floor and while i thought the sales guy was great. They wouldn't let me test drive it which was no big deal since my wife couldn't reach the pedal and yes we tried everything. Short of custom made pedals it's a no go oh and she couldn't fully reach the pedal in the STI but she could get it to the floor but not comfortably.
    OTOH she had zero problems with the BMW 335i which was a bit odd.
    Anyway I love the look of the Evo in pics but not so much in person which is the exact opposite of the STI which I don't like in pics but looks like a cool running shoe in real life.
    Well either way we won't be buying an Evo since my wife can't drive it if she needed to and custom pedals but dealer over pricing and markups are insane, on top of the ugly and easily breakable body kit. I do like the double wing versus the bucket handle wing.
    I'm sure it's a blast to drive but both cars are eliminated to to needing mods just to drive it off the lot.
    Me thinks I might try for one of these instead at 100mpg it might be just as fun. :shades:
    http://www.flytheroad.com/
    Well that would be the difference between the CVT and 5sp. 60/62 mph is right around 2750 on my tach.

Hey iluvmysephia1 when you did your cruise to get the car detailed and got the 35 mpg, what speed were you running? From my time in AZ I remember the speed limit on I-10 was 75 and if you actually did 75, you were getting run over. Also, is yours a CVT or 5 speed and how many miles do you have on it?
    sephia has about 17k on his and its CVT.:)
    my lancer was manufactured in nov . 2007 dont know the date ,, just says nov on the pillar . if i were you i would definitely take it in as soon as possible .
    yeah..when they call me for my plates i will probably ask them to order me some modified relays and put them in when i go get my plates!
  • fagowifagowi Member Posts: 1
    When changing from snow tires (steel rims with Mitsibushi sensors) back to the factory mags; the sensors have to be re-calibrated at a cost at the dealer for $110.00. This has be done twice a year here in the snow belt. What kind of engineering is this? Seems like a expense that even the sales manager was ignorant of!! Anyone experience this? Otherwise, we've had the car for almost a year an are very satisfied other than the above. Manual GTS with sun & sand.
    about re-calibrating the tire sensors at all. Anyone else know about the above post and snow tire switch out tire sensor re-calibrations?

I am now about 19,075 miles on my '08 Lancer GTS now, milwcheapguy, and on that road trip to Phoenix to get my Lancer GTS's 'Auto Butler' two-coat paint protectant treatment I tried to keep the car going around 75 mph most of the trip. Going through Tucson ADOT is working seriously on the freeway through downtown.
    Passage through there requires slowdown to 55-60 mph for many miles. I tried to keep the engine in the "sweet spot" accelerator-wise and modulate the pedal for maximum mileage. My in-dash automatic mpg-ahh-meter said 35.1 or something thereabouts when we pulled in to Avondale Mitsubishi. Not bad mileage really, I was pretty happy with it.

I may do some detailing and rub out some paint scratches in the next couple of days...the ones caused long ago by the out-of-control dogs from the vet. And paint over some paint chip outs, too. We'll see which home project takes precedence as the week rolls along and I'll do what I can. It has been getting up to 79 degrees here in SE Arizona by mid-day, lately, good for paint touch-up buffing and painting.

I'm still happy as a Seattle clam with my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. I love it's bodystyle and this love is not fading away with time. Mitsubishi has designed a great little compact with a strong set of mechanicals...and a great Warranty as well. In the UK this new '08 Lancer from Mitsubishi has been decreed as worthy of a large resale value spike. I posted a link over on the 'Mitsubishi News' thread about a week or so ago. Seems the motoring community over across the pond is recognizing this new Lancer as being a great value, low cost to maintain, great looks with some serious praising of the car's powertrain and handling capabilites. Apparently the '08 Lancer's in the UK are trailing the new Honda Civic's by just a tad in updated new world order resale value calculations.

Cool. I wonder if the know-it-alls in America are smart enough to notice this, too, or will magazines like Clodsumer Retorts keep printing negatives that are out-dated and unwarranted and see the new '08 Lancer off to a same old same old resale value that cars like the Lancer "should just get stuck with because they're ummm...Lancer's." What a slow, dorky, biased press in America. It's so obvious they're being paid-off or they're just slow and kind of...ummm...stupid to praise the new '08 Lancer from Mitsubishi like the smart, alive automotive experts in Great Britain have aptly picked up on. The '08 Lancer should be praised...and the resale value of this car should be really, really, good. Really, really, really good. Top-drawer. :)

I am still less than 2k miles on my Lancer and we are barely hitting 35 degrees on a regular basis still. Hopefully once summer comes around and I have further broken in the motor, I will get the extra 10% mileage, that I am hoping for. 35 mpg would be the sweet spot for me.

Of course, when summer gets here I won't be in the Lancer much, as I will be on the cycle. But on rainy days I will still be in the Lancer.
    take note that we don't always get 35 mpg on the freeway in the '08 Lancer GTS. I usually get an average of 31 mpg on the freeway. On that particular journey there is a huge, long straightaway from Tucson to Phoenix. Those long, flat stretches really help me in my good mpg quests with this car.

The best trip for mpg was about 8 or nine months ago. We were taking a drive to Safford, AZ, on I-10, then State Hiway 181 northbound. Once again, the stretch was straight. But it is also slightly downhill for miles and miles. When we pulled in to the Safford Wal*Mart the mpg meter on the dash said 37.2mpg. No kidding, I was pleasantly pleased!

• ghost329ghost329 Member Posts: 9
    Hi I'm not ver automotive inclined so most will think this a dumb question but oh well.

I need to know what size air filter to put in my 2008 lancer. It is a 4 cylinder, 2.0 liter
    So....

I had a scary experience with Lancer today, but it ended up I was just a complete idiot.

I was at the ferry dock and had to park to wait for the ferry this afternoon. I turned my car off, but the ignition would not turn all the way back so the NAV/Radio and stuff would not turn off...i was like WHAT THE HECK!.....so I tried to start my car and turn it off again..but IT WOULDNT START....so I though shoot!!! Maybe my relays freaked out...so i open my hood and start unplugging the relays and plugging them back in....tried it again...nothing.....ignition still wont turn completely off and I was really reefing on it.......I had a worker try to jump my battery cuz she thought maybe that was it, but no luck...no start or no ignition off....

I look down and my car is still in DRIVE....I felt soooooo stupid!

Everything is fine now.....I just hope I didnt damage the ignition at all reefing on it a bit!!!

I also got 30mpg on my trip today, which was about 70 miles...average speed was 38mph.....

I also hope I put all the relays back in their right spots haha
  • tiff_ctiff_c Member Posts: 531
    I look down and my car is still in DRIVE....I felt soooooo stupid!

Yet another good reason to buy a manual tranny. ;)
    haha naw....I cant drive them and I wouldnt want to living in the city and with our hills around here.