Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

1789101113»

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    Mitsubishi Lancer GTS parked next to somebody's 2006.5+ Kia Optima in front of a Tucson Barnes and Noble.

This was taken about a week before I got some P215 45ZR18 Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S Pinna's put on. My '08 Lancer GTS goes over my home town's bumpy roads much easier now, and since I got an alignment along with these Pirelli's, I found out that my toe and camber were way off. It steers straighter and the P-Zero Nero's also give off way less road noise than the Lancer's OEM Dunlop's. I highly recommend these Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S Pinna's to any of you '08 and/on Mitsubishi Lancer GTS owners out there. They were $149 a tire but worth every penny.

BTW-I replaced my Lancer's OEM Dunlop's at the 30,565 mile mark. The tire shop salesman says that Pirelli does not put a "30,000 mile" or "40,000 mile" designation by it's new tires, it puts a "0". I asked what that meant and he said that people all drive them differently and Pirelli doesn't want to disappoint people by saying they'll last 40,000 or even 30,000 when they know buyers of their tires are gonna wanna peel rubber off quickly...just because they can. :P

So far I love my Pirelli's!

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

with the picture of the Lancer and the Optima. I need to know if you can see the picture or if it appears as a dreaded "Red X'. If it does I'll need to try and fix it. Thanks! :)

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Just the red X, in both places you posted it.
    now to try and fix it. :sick:

now, and here it is. Our '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS parked next to somebody's 2006.5+ Kia Optima in front of a Tucson Barnes and Noble.

This was taken about a week before I got some P215 45ZR18 Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S Pinna's put on. My '08 Lancer GTS goes over my home town's bumpy roads much easier now, and since I got an alignment along with these Pirelli's, I found out that my toe and camber were way off. It steers straighter and the P-Zero Nero's also give off way less road noise than the Lancer's OEM Dunlop's. I highly recommend these Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S Pinna's to any of you '08 and/on Mitsubishi Lancer GTS owners out there. They were $149 a tire but worth every penny.

BTW-I replaced my Lancer's OEM Dunlop's at the 30,565 mile mark. The tire shop salesman says that Pirelli does not put a "30,000 mile" or "40,000 mile" designation by it's new tires, it puts a "0". I asked what that meant and he said that people all drive them differently and Pirelli doesn't want to disappoint people by saying they'll last 40,000 or even 30,000 when they know buyers of their tires are gonna wanna peel rubber off quickly...just because they can. :P

So far I love my new Pirelli's!

• CCCryderCCCryder Member Posts: 8
    Hey Guys, I had a problem today - I was running down the Interstate at 65-70, mild conditions, probably 60 outside, and my sunroof exploded - glass going everywhere. I freaked....Nothing came in the roof, no foreign objects, and when I pulled over - the explosion looked like it was from in the car - glass pushing out. I have an 08 GTS. I took it to my dealer and they told me "they don't usually cover glass damage" - but after examination, they called the structural enhgineer and he said cover it - has anybody heard of these problems? There was no problem with temp or sub woofer - just regular driving.
    nope, yours is the first case of a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS blowing out the sunroof (that I've heard of). Wow, I'm glad they're covering the damage and fixing it for you. Let us know how it goes getting it fixed and how it performs under those same conditions later on the expressway.

Hey guys, follow up to the blown-out sunroof. I still do not know what happened or as to why it happened but I will tell you this, my dealership was understanding and thoughtful for the whole incident. Even though they said at first “Mitsubishi does not cover glass” – they did cover the incident and did it with extreme rush. This incident happened two days before Christmas at 12:00-1:00 and on Christmas Eve 10:00 am, they were calling me telling me my car was ready. They overnighted the sunroof and repaired/cleaned the car and had it ready the next day. Not only did they pay for the problem, they also paid for the rental car. I don’t know what happened to the sunroof (we did not have anything combustible in the car and nothing hit us or landed in the car) – but, Mitsubishi did cover the incident and took really good care of us in the service department.
  • broonsbybroonsby Member Posts: 13
    It's great that Mitsubishi stepped up and took care of that for you. It matters to me because I have one too. I haven't heard of this with the Lancer, but about 20 years ago my mother's Mazda had the rear window blow out. The dealer said it was because the car was so tight that there was a pressure change which caused it to blow out.
    so, did Mitsu cover the cost of the sunroof replacement or did your dealership? Because it's not clear from your post who did. At any rate I'm glad they got right on it and overnighted the part in and all. Wow, great service.

I have heard of Hyundai and Kia not being so servient before and getting things right for the customer like Mitsubishi and/or your dealer did for you.

Because really, who wants to wait for their baby to be fixed, especially when it's something like this, an unexpected breakdown of your car's sunroof, and during driving, which would freak you out, too! Good account of what happened and great outcome for you! :D

I am not sure who covered the cost – the dealer or Mitsubishi – but I was just glad it was covered and not had to put on my insurance. I’m just concerned what happened, as I said – nothing in the car combustible, and nothing landing in the car – it was just weird. I told my son who was in the car at the time – “I’m glad no one got hurt but he would have never believed me if I had told him the incident as I’m sure I would not have believed him if the incident had happened to him”. My total cost was about $36.00 from the rental for an ungraded and taxes and I was pleased with that so I gave them all a Christmas /appreciation package. My service dealer was fantastic but I’m still concerned as to why it happened and if the engineers approved it, I’m thinking mine is not the only problem.
    almost a part assembly failure... and see what we can learn as to who else has had this problem before and what was done by their Mitsubishi dealership to remedy it.

Yours is the first case I've seen of this. Of course, that doesn't mean the problem hasn't occurred in anybody else's '08+ Mitsubishi Lancer.

I felt extremely fortunate to find this post for Mitsubishi problems (I didn’t check for others). I don’t think mine was the only problem – just enough to warrant the concern of the company (maybe 3-4 times before). I love my car and planning on plenty of upgrades – but if this is a problem, I need to know because I do a lot of highway travel. On average, I have had my car since July and put 15K+ (and have been slack for the last few months), 35K a year and most of it highway. If it is going to happen again – we will see, and maybe a problem. I will keep you all posted as to the situation and hope all is well.
  • ellusionz21ellusionz21 Member Posts: 59
    I've got almost 30k on my '08 car because I do about 60 miles per day going to and from work.No problems other than wishing I had a closer job :) And still have that silly speaker problem they can't seem to find an issue with. Oh well, least it doesn't act up as much as it did in the beginning.
    I'm, sorry, what speaker problem? I was late to join the problem page...
    I do about 65 miles a day X 2 - but only 3 days a week. Forutnaterely I only have to do it in MWF
    No speaker problem with my car
    Well I posted about it back in like 2007 when I first got the car. For some reason, and the dealership blames it on the reception, a speaker or two sounds like it flickers during the music at times. They've changed out the radio, and some of the speakers, but it still does it. Not as much as the first week I had it but enough to sound annoying. I've never heard the problem in any cars I've had before, to me if a station is messing up on reception all the speakers would give off the same sound problem. And not sound like I'm listening to two radios (one crappy and one good) play thru the speakers at the same exact time (if that makes any sense). But as I listen it sounds like only certain spots in my car are. Of course it never does it when I bring the mechanic in.
    I might know what your radio problem is. If it sounds like there is a hollow sound that's coming from the speakers then check the phase of the speakers. You will notice it more from either the front or the rear set.
    Phase is checked by making sure the correct wire is connected to the correct terminal. That is + to + and - to -. I've heard this happen in someone else's stereo and helped debug it. The stereo went from disappointing and hollow sounding to full and very good. And it was a very simple fix, all labor and no cost in parts.
    Hope this helps.
  • mbcowboymbcowboy Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone experienced any problems with electrical power to the Dashboard during very cold weather. When you start the car, it will run, but then very shortly, the fan will cut out, the rpm dial will keep jumping from 0 and the actual RPM, the radio dies, and the display will only show the service required icon. The fan will cycle on and off and if you try to drive the dial will not show your speed. In about 10 min or so, the vehicle will warm up abit and full power will be restored.
    Sounds like you are having condensation in your wire harness somewhere. When the engine warms up the water evaporates and everything is back to normal.
    I'd start by checking for water leaks and/or condensation by using baby powder. Just spread some around before you go to bed. When you get up and before you start, check under the hood and see if there are missing sections in the baby powder. I'd also check the engine compartment fuse block forward of the driver. See if there is some water inside the box before you start. Any water in here is definitely not a good thing and needs to be addressed.
    Best of luck tracking this down.
    this is a website that I was fortunate to have landed on when spending the literally hundreds of hours on the net researching the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. It has a great stretch of '08 Lancer GTS pictures, and, digital pictures of a presentation by the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Marketing Manager Bryan Arnett. Check me on both his name and his title for Mitsu when you're in there galavanting around. There are pics on there of a guy with a 1947 Cadillac. This guy not only set a record for continuous nonstop driving for his day and age(who knows, it might still stand, check it out!)but modified his Cadillac to a degree I've never seen before(fridge, stove, shower, etc. check it out)and don't know if I ever will. They went to this Aerospace Museum in San Diego and took truckloads of pics, and uploaded them all to this Lancer page. Lots of Lancer pics, too, of course!

My '08 Lancer's Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S Pinna's are holding up very well. I took a drive out in the SE Arizona desert today and took them through some twisties to see how they perform. They will stick and hold on the road for as much fun speed that you want, men. Apparently they excel in the mud and snow(M+S designation)but they do pretty well on standard, dry surfaces as well. Had a ball with me baby this afternoon. ;)

http://www.autospies.com/news/Spies-give-you-an-early-preview-of-the-next-Mitsub- - - ishi-EVO-12186/

• mwehr76364mwehr76364 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know of any patches or ways around it to where video can be displayed while car is moving? I am looking at putting a Magden system in the car to monitor all the vitals and need for it to be able to be displayed while moving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • drtsndlancer1drtsndlancer1 Member Posts: 1
    i ahve had my lancer for just over a year its a 2008 gts and i am having some of the some issues with the tires and alignment has anybody figured out how to solve this issur the only thing that me and the master techs are thinking of doing is to grind out the struts where it eets with the upper control arm and pushing in on the top of the rotor when tightening the strut bolt. if anyone has a different solution please let me know
  • andisaandisa Member Posts: 3
    I have an 08 lancer that is hesitant at times and also tends to just crank over and not fire up at times. The car has been at the dealer for this multiple times and they can never find a problem. I have filed Lemon Law and been accepted for a hearing, now Mitsubishi wants to give me $5000.00 cash to say there is nothing wrong with my car.
    I would like to know if anybody else out there has this same problem with their car. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    My car has not turned over about once every few months. No reason its seems and they don't find anything wrong. Also have problem with sound on speakers being weird but they don't find anything there either. Big suprise.
  • andisaandisa Member Posts: 3
    Mitsubishi even asked me if I new how to drive standard(I'm a truck driver lol) than they blamed the gas.

The wheels on our Lancer GTS' were built by Mitsubishi before Kia put these wheels on their new Forte. Which BTW I think is a knockout.

It's gonna be between Kia and their new "green" Forte they're building and Mitsubishi and anything "green" they wanna show me that will no doubt be my next rig.

Oope. I left out this 2011 BYD e6. This car will sell for around $28,000 in the U.S. and will go 249 miles on one 7 hour 220-volt charge-up. Top speed is 99 mph. If it's not eligible for the BO "green" new car purchase rebate of $7,500 then I'll be a monkey's uncle, too.

You're all looking at the type of 3 vehicles that I'll be driving in one form or another for probably the next 15-20 years. Picked from a very refined and honed-out automotive group, my car-bonkers friends.

• butterfly22butterfly22 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem it cranks over but has no power and if i am in traffic it shuts down and sometimes when i hit the brakes it loses power. I have been told that its the trottle body idle sensor. but a car that new should not have that problem already. I think its a factory fault.
    are fitting the bill for us on our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. P215 45ZR18's...got them at Discount Tire in Hayden, ID, and they are $200.00 a piece. They handle very well and return to spot well...very tight tires. I am impressed and will ask for them next replacement time. Oh, and it will be done at Discount Tire, too, BTW. I think they're the best tire place around.

I am loving my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS more and more. What a great car from Mitsubishi Motors of Japan! ;)