Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Audio Nav Sat DVD iPod Bluetooth

2»

Comments

• stsafstsaf Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 2008 RAV4 with a factory installed sound system. The tweeters sound muddy/mushy and I would like to switch them out with something that can easily slip into the current location without doing any modification. Any recommendations?
  • oldwomanoldwoman Member Posts: 1
    Ok, so I have been driving for 50 years, so got that down. Am enjoying my little Toyota.

But just got an iPod and can get it to play in the car. But it won't show any song information. I don't understand about the folders, there are no folders on my iPod, just albums.

When I click on the arrow up or down, it does not change the song or album.

If anyone has the time, I could use some tips here. Thank you.
  • tboom13tboom13 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know how to turn down the ringing volume on the Bluetooth? My wife loves her 07 RAV4 and the Bluetooth. But when a call comes in, the loudness of the ring nearly makes you jump out of your seat. I've looked through the manual and couldn't find anything on it. If you know how, I'd appreciate a tip. Thanks.
  • esp6952esp6952 Member Posts: 4
    I'm surprised your wife loves it so much. When I use it, most people complain that it's hard to hear me well and it sounds like I'm talking from underwater. As for the ring volume, it's a bit inconvenient but if you start by making a call and adjust the volume down by using the steering wheel control it should lower the ring on a subsequent in-coming call.
  • tboom13tboom13 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info. I will give it a try. Yes she likes the bluetooth, but we will agree that some people have a hard time hearing her on it. Since I talk to her alot when she is on it, I can notice that some days it is great, and others it is hard to understand her. Now that you mention it, it does sound a little bit like her being underwater. Again, it isn't all the time. I'm thinking there is some interference from the car that is causing this. So far I can't nail the cause. If I figure something out I will post it on the board. Once again thanks.
  • tireguytireguy Member Posts: 200
    I have a Samsung smart phone which had no proble pairing. Call clarity is just fine on both ends. I haven't figured out how to easily pair the phone when I first get in the vehicle. I guess I need to read the manual a little more carefully. So far I've had to go into settings (the vehicle's) and then select my phone, then talk. With my bluetooth earpiece, all I need to do is flip the mic and the phone instantly pairs. The in-car system will be better for long trips (over 1/2 hour) but otherwise, I'll probably just continue to use my earpiece for instant convenience.

As far as the navigation system, my wife bought me a Garmin Nuvi 250 for christmas last year. I immediately exchanged it for a Nuvi 200, which has identical operation and costs far less. You can buy them now for about $160. I can't imagine what a $2500 nav system can do that my Garmin can't, other than talk to me with a little more detail. Plus I didn't have to remove the kick-butt 6 disc JBL stereo. I also use the Google Maps feature on my smartphone while driving. I'll typically keep the phone on a larger map scale, for general orientation, then use the Garmin for street-level turn-by-turn directions.
    If they offered a nav system which would allow me to create a route using either points on the map or coordinates, an interface which was simple enough to complete a 500 mile route in under a minute, fuel burn rates and status at each waypoint, options of six different map scales plus satellite imagery, upload a threat database (highway patrol), and most importantly, couple the driver controls to the route so I can sit back and let the car drive me home, I'd consider it.
    That's what the nav system does in my work vehicle, a V-22 Ospey. Guess that's the difference between spending $30,000 and $100,000,000.
  • tonyponytonypony Member Posts: 1
    We're having trouble pairing our cell to our RAV4 Bluetooth. It has paired but then loses the pairing when the car is restarted. It has made calls but now doesn't. Toyota.letstalk.com says our Samsung model is incompatible with the RAV4 Bluetooth.
    Any suggestions out there?
  • tedbelltedbell Member Posts: 2
    Would like both NAV and bluetooth on a 2010 RAV4 limited, but it seems they are mutually exclusive with these option packages? Is it possible to get both? If not, we'll get the package with Bluetooth and add a portable NAV.
  • msperezmsperez Member Posts: 2
    i brought a rav42010 when i call thr xm radio for subsrib they said the thay can't register the car because need the ship what is that.
  • outcastoutcast Member Posts: 5
    word!
  • chaps22chaps22 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 RAV4 with blue tooth. Either the car is too noisy for the Blue tooth or the microphone is so sensitive that the phone is nearly useless (especially at high way speeds.). Is there any way to adjust the microphone? I have a Samsun Saga and perhaps that is the problem. I would appreciate any feed back.
  • esp6952esp6952 Member Posts: 4
    This won't make you feel any better, but I posted a similar note awhile ago, because I have an 07 RAV4 with Bluetooth and it too is crappy. I have brought this issue to the attention of the dealer where I purchased the car; they examined it and could not solve the problem--and really didn't even acknowledge it.

So this means Toyota has done nothing over 3 model years to improve this sound problem with cell phones using Bluetooth. :confuse: Very disappointing, particularly since we had to pay extra for this option. What is your dealer telling you?
  • kjtg1kjtg1 Member Posts: 12
    My blue tooth and samsung seams to work just fine..
  • mainementormainementor Member Posts: 1
    I have a Casio Exilim phone that is listed as a 'good' device by Toyota. I cannot get the phone to pair with the RAV4. I go through the sequence of pairing and the device name CAR M_MEDIA shows up on my cell phone; however, when I hit 'Pair' on the cell phone the RAV4 device says 'Unable to Pair' and quits.

I don't even get an opportunity to enter the access code that the RAV4 gives me on the display. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.