Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Mark LT Transmission Problems

KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
LT not shifting properly? Check in here

kcram - Pickups Host

Comments

• williecloverwillieclover Member Posts: 2
  • williecloverwillieclover Member Posts: 2
    If anyone has bought a 2006 Lincoln Mark LT truck,When I park it on a incline the shifter jumps back and moves forward, If so I have one to Please contact me at janiceclover@bellsouth.net

Thanks
  • larnellelewislarnellelewis Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE NOT HAD THAT PROBLEM BUT I HAVE A 06 GOT IT WITH 40 MILES ON IT AND IN THE FIRST YEAR IT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP TWO TIMES. I WAS RIDDING AT ABOUT 60 WENT TO PASS AND IT STARTS JERKING LIKE ITS GETTING NO GAS TOOK IT IN HAD TO HOOK IT UP AND RECALABRATE. SECOND TIME SAME THING TOOK IT IN AND THEY REPLACED THE FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR I WAS UP SET IM SORRY I WAS PPPIIISSSEEEDD
  • miltrmiltr Member Posts: 4
    Took my LT in with 39K miles because it was slipping when going into 2nd gear. They've called me 3 times and said it was ready and each time we go on a test ride and it still slips. They've replaced:

Torque converter
    Valve body (twice)
    Piston
    clutches
    board
    other components I forgot.

I'm now dealing with ford and am supposed to get a call in a couple days from the "next level support" that will "give me a dedicated rep to work on my issue". Issue? The issue is they need to authorize the dealer to replace the F@#$@ transmission!

I love the truck but this is rediculous.
  • asaroasaro Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2006 LT, however I do not have a problem with the shifter. Traveled to Kentucky four times a year and never had a problem. Is the problem corrected now? Do you still own your LT and how do you like it. Thanks
  • oldfordmecholdfordmech Member Posts: 124
    I bought a used 2006 Mark Lt with 24,000 mi on it. I noticed the starter would grind at times and not turn eng over
    I took it into Ford and they replaced flywheel & starter.
    I noticed after that a shudder on the 1-2 shift. I took it back into Ford and they found a bad coil pack on # 5 cyl. Felt better for a day. Start shudder again,
    3 More times into Ford ( No problem found )
    I had it in for service and I checked the transmission fluid level and found it was 1 qt
    low. No leaks, Service center did not have any Mercon 5 , but I knew I had some at home. I added 1 qt. Mercon 5 and shudder is GONE.
    I think they lost 1 qt of fluid when they had the trans out to replace flywheel.
  • amberlt83amberlt83 Member Posts: 2
    Hi - We are having an issue with a truck we bought mid-June. When we are in about 3rd gear, and we give it "medium" gas (not light, not floor it) it "lurches" or jumps like it isn't getting enough gas. It doesn't happen all the time, but pretty frequently. If we give it light gas or floor it, it doesn't happen. Also, it SEEMS to happen more when it's hot, however we have only owned the truck in warmer months so this may or may not be true. Any ideas what this may be? A fuel filter? pump? censor?
  • vicm2vicm2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 with 87K miles and started having the same issue a few months ago.
    In the beginning, it only happened every once in a while but now it happens almost every time I drive it. To top it off, my warranty just lapsed so hopefully it's nothing too serious.

I plan on taking it to a shop this week so hopefully it's something easy and inexpensive. I'll let you know.
  • chromedbagrchromedbagr Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2012
    This is a reply to both #9 and # 10. Have you found out anything on your truck? I will tell you I have had the very same issue this past couple of months with my 07 Mark LT ,first it was a coil pack, then after replacing coil pack, another one would go, after the 3rd coil pack I replaced all of them. To make a very long story from local garages and Ford dealer short, my catalyst converter was clogged almost 100 percent. My Lincoln has a few more miles than yours, but I would have never expected that to be the solution from all of the different symptoms I was getting. I had a local exhaust shop replace the catalyst and this truck has run better than it has in the almost 2 years I have owned it. Good luck with yours, it is very frustrating but I hope this has helped you out.
  • amberlt83amberlt83 Member Posts: 2
    We have not taken it in yet, but this is very helpful information!! Thank you!! Can you tell me, what was the cost to have the catalyst replaced? And to clarify, did you really need the coil packs replaced, or was it the converter the whole time?
  • chromedbagrchromedbagr Member Posts: 3
    Hello I apologize if you have gotten this twice, I have had some confusion posting on this sight.....I believe the problem with the catalyst was compounded with the age, mileage and finding the initial bad coil pack. I know enough old school mechanics to get me into trouble with all this technology, so I trouble shot with a reputable garage and replaced all coil packs and plugs to alleviate the easy " maybe's "because I have never replaced these since I had purchaced the truck. I was sure after doing so that I had a fuel pump,computer, or trans problem, it all just seemed combined, so I took it to the dealer. Everything came up good on all of there computer checks except the way it was running, after having the truck for two days they disconnected the exhaust and it ran like it should. They said it was the passenger catalyst clogged and wanted $1250 to replace, I told them to leave it disconnected and I would come get the truck. Not being totally convinced I picked the truck up and drove it about 15 miles with the exhaust disconnected and other than being really loud it ran better than ever. I had a local exhaust shop I take all my vehicles to replace the catalyst with a 100 % legal catalyst for $230 both parts and labor. It has been a couple of weeks now and I could not be happier with the way its running, it's totally a different truck. Please let me know how you make out, very curious to learn more.
  • ltrapper68ltrapper68 Member Posts: 1
    Had the same problem with mine, it kinda felt like the transmission cause it only happened when i gave it a little gas. It would not happen if I floored the gas. Anyway my pick is a 2007 mark LT but the same problem happens wide spread with all 5.4 liter engines. I replaced the spark plugs and it runs beautiful, I can't even feel it idling. Look up changing spark plugs on the f150 forum.com, its a beast. Took me about 5 hrs. and 4 out of 8 plugs broke. They do make a puller, and it is a must have when doing the spark plugs.
  • mfresh12mfresh12 Member Posts: 1
    This is in reply to amberlt83, I am having similar problems with my truck. When I take off it stalls and when I put it in reverse it stalls on backing up and my gauge says transmission malfunction. The overdrive light goes off and on. What is the name of the mechanic you went to so I do not bring my truck there either. I am located in the NYC area.
  • marshveltingmarshvelting Member Posts: 1
    Hi I purchased a 2006 Mark just before thanksgiving from a Lincoln dealer. It had 82k miles on it- so as part of the purchase package we factored in the cost of a tune up... New fuel filter, plugs etc. truck ran fine until approximately 3 weeks ago. It developed this whining noise at lower rpm's. we are able to accelerate thru it and it stops. But then re-occurs. It has no real pattern to it and it doesn't happen all the time. It is starting to occur more frequently though. Also - on 2 separate occasions the engine fail safe mode activated with no warning( both occurrences when we were in 4 wheel drive and exterior temp was below 20degrees F.. Took back to dealer after first occurrence- they are stumped -as no message or code generated from the fail safe activation. Second occurrence happened after being on road for 3 hours( on vacation). Dealer at our destination also stumped as again no error message. Just had the fuel system flushed today(vacation dealer). And whine still present...don't know if the Two issues are related or not... I welcome any comments or suggestions or if anyone has experienced either of these issues. I still love this truck...thanks
  • bernieb2bernieb2 Member Posts: 1

I have about 92 k miles on excellent 2006 LT. No prior issues. I am having slight issues on transmission switching between 3rd and od at speeds of about 45 to 50 mph. Had the transmission serviced ( complete oil change, no filter) recently performed at the local Lord Dealer and they found no prolems. Seemed to work better after fluid was changed, but within 500 miles went back to shihfting from od to 3rd when speed was in the stated range. I suspect that possibly something defective of partially plugged in valve body. Anyone have similar issues and remedy? Thanks for all responses. Berniet