Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Sport Trac Tires and Wheels

KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
edited March 2014 in Ford
Put Sport Trac's the rubber on the road here

kcram - Pickups Host

Comments

• mikessitemikessite Member Posts: 1
    I just swapped out my 16 inch stock wheels and tires with a set of 18 inch wheels off of a new Ford Edge. Wheels are rubbing the fender wells when I max out the turn ratio. What is the best fix? Trim the rubber fender wells?
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    This sounds like an offset issue. I doubt the Edge wheels have the same offset as the Explorer and Sport Trac, so this is likely the cause. I wouldn't trim body parts - you may need to find wheels that are properly spec'd for the ST.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • kngst18kngst18 Member Posts: 2
  • kngst18kngst18 Member Posts: 2
    I have just lifted my truck with a 3 inch lift and an additional 2 inches with shackles and torsion twist.
    Now I am trying to buy new wheels and tires but am kind of stuck because of the whole backspacing thing. The wheel that I am looking at has a backspace of 5.6 and there is a no return policy so I am wondering how much backspace is allowed even with the lift.
  • sandrukosandruko Member Posts: 3
    I am trying to buy new gas door chrome .
    a store has? if anyone knows the number of part of the chrome gas door . please advise ..! :)
  • dont3dont3 Member Posts: 2
    The offerings from almost all manufacturers in this size and spec is pretty slim. You only get road/highway tires...I ended up spending another $800 on new rims and downsizing to 17"...you could also go to 16" to expand your rim options....this made a world of difference in my options. Lesson learned -dont go for the factory options unless you research the impact. I chose to keep my 18's and put highway tires then in the spring and fall i switch wheels to wear them over a longer time. If you can take the hit...this is a good strategy.
  • martha13martha13 Member Posts: 1
    My original Goodyear tires on the 2001 Sport Trac were great for 51 thou miles. I replaced them with the same tire and have had trouble ever since (last 4 thou miles). They either pull to the right or to the left, depending on the tire rotation. I have had the tires rotated and wheel alignment done many times, but the problem remains. I am 82 years old and this will be my last car. Does anyone have a solution?
This discussion has been closed.