Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar XJL

michaeljisommichaeljisom Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Jaguar
I recently bought a jaguar that has mechanical issue from the prior owner running out of gas. The car starts and runs, stalls out at times and has this knocking noise that seems to be coming from underneath the hood (center of engine area). I got a great deal on it, but I am unsure of what could be the problem to fix it. Any advice on what this could be would be HIGHLY appreciated it.

Mike

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    IF your car has an electric fuel pump submerged in the bottom of the gas tank and when the car ran out of fuel, AIR got to the pump, causing rapid deterioration of the pump- - The pump would not operate satisfactorly and send a reduced amount of fuel needed by the engine causing pre ignition due to a lean fuel mixture which leads to a hotter combustion temperature causing the knocking under the hood.
  • krasnowkrasnow Member Posts: 3
    my wife gets motion sickness when she rides the XJ for rides over 10 minutes. Is it due to the air suspension. Is this anyone has any info on?
  • coupeboicoupeboi Member Posts: 1
    HI, I bought and XJ6 sport and driving it suffered severe motion sickness, so much so I had to ask the dealerhsip to take it back.

I dont think they beleived me , however did do me a deal on a small Jaguar without the air suspension and im fine in that.

Is it when your wife drives the car or is a passenger that she is effected?
This discussion has been closed.