Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Online Shop Manuals Access

2»

Comments

• gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    This is the full log-in addy I use. Just checked it and it works:

http://www.hmaservice.com/authenticator/login?returnAddress=http://www.hmaservice.com:80/index.jsp
  • doohickiedoohickie Member Posts: 949
    Nope, doesn't work. It's easy for people to get their own account; the only glitch is that some people never get the password email sent. Just go back to the site and do the "forgot password" thing with the username you supplied.
  • hrngffcrhrngffcr Member Posts: 90
    Any suggestions on who I can contact to get a set of adjustment and usage instructions for roof rack cross bars. I bought them when I bought the Entourage and had them installed at the dealer before I took possession of the van. The salesman said the service department did not have a set of instructions laying around and he was supposed to get me a copy of instructions next time a set of cross bars came in. He didn't and he is not at my local dealer (bought the van in another city). Called customer service and they didn't have a clue. I want to make sure that I don't break something attempting to adjust the bars the first time I use them.
  • petecalpetecal Member Posts: 28
    I tried it today and it worked. Must have been a temporary thingy. Sorry for the false alarm.

I used the site two years ago to install a cruise control and new radio in my son's Elantra. Now I just picked up a new Tucson. The access to the shop manual was a major factor for picking the Tucson over the CR-V.
    Oh yeah... I remember that!
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    I have not been able to access the Hyundai Parts on line site. I am able to log in correctly but the answer is that "the site is not available". I have done this for one month so far and the site is not any more there. It appears that Hyundai USA has removed this facility from the www.hmaservice.com.

Does somebody here know the reasons of this situation? Can somebody in this forum still access the hyundai car manual?

Any help much appreciated.
  • slateblueslateblue Member Posts: 110
    The parts site has not been available for quite some time, I don't know why Hyundai eliminated it. The shop manual is still available.
    I know someone at Hyundai and at first he said it was just a server crash. Now, though, he's been told that the site was "not appropriate for customer use". In other words, displaying MSRPs for OEM parts pissed off dealers who overcharge. :mad:
  • plolzynkaplolzynka Member Posts: 3
    hrngffcr,

I didn't think that there were crossbars available for the Entourage. I have an '07 and have never been able to find ones recommended for it either through the dealer or off the shelf at the local autoparts store???
  • 8chtee8chtee Member Posts: 3
    how do I access the high mounted centered stop light mounted on rear window deck? I'm baffled, Harlan
  • denvertrakkerdenvertrakker Member Posts: 132
    I think you're supposed to be baffled.

From the manual, page 6-28:
    "It is recommended that the HMSL be replaced by an authorized Hyundai dealer."

Anyway, I think it's all LEDs. Why would you need to get to it? Are some of them out already?
  • Bad08SonataBad08Sonata Member Posts: 25
    Is there a place, on-line where I can view the procedures for emergency brake checks/adjustments/repair for a 2008 Sonata.

I took it in 9 time for a whoop, whoop, whooping noise. Cause: E-brake was rubbing when in the released position for the last 10 months.

Service department replaced rotors and e-brake pads, now the e-brake does not hold the car when it is pulled into the middle position. (8 clicks from the released position.)

Regional said everything is aligned, but will not put this in writing!

I know, call BBB

I need the BR Service manual procedures for my claim.

:lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :cry:
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Maybe you just have to pull the parking brake all the way up.

Why would you only pull it only midway up?
  • Bad08SonataBad08Sonata Member Posts: 25
    Adjustment is made using a force gage, pulling handle with 196 N of force or about 44 lbs. This should move the E-brake handle to the 8th click from 0 position.

If it is not adjusted correctly, extra tension on the cable will stretch the cable and may cause E-brake drag when the e-brake is off. Not enough tension on the cable will cause the E-brakes not to engage correctly.

E-brake should make slight contact on the first click, and the car should not move when the emergency brake is in the middle position (8 clicks from 0).

I can push my car by hand when the E-brake is at the 4th click, the car is barely held when the E-brake is in the 12 click from 0 (there are only 15 click from 0 to max) This is after HMA replaced the rotors and shoes.

Procedure is very detailed in the service manual.

If not aligned correctly, E-brake drag (light contact over time) will cause premature failure of rear brake parts...out-of-round rotors in the E-brake area (small brake shoes & drum/rotor will have to be replaced).

Hyundai does cover this repair after 1 year or 12,000 miles.

Our continued indication was, driving down slight hills...let your foot off the gas and brake...if car picks up speed, brakes are not dragging. If car slows, E-brake may be dragging...not some devised garbage the Hyundai Motor America (HMA) representative will have you believe "Safety hold-back command in transmission...car design...slows you down on declines"

Since I know about a possible problem, insurance states I will be liable...HMA & Dealer want to hold out 40+ day...to see if they will be ordered to buy-back car.

THIS IS NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM...Transmission intermittent miss-shifts from 2 to 3....HMA representative answer is my wife and I are not driving the car hard enough. We are "Light-footed" drivers. Just some more garbage! Already had the Adaptive Learning Module rest several times, A/T fluid replaced and detailed inspections

BOTTOM LINE IS I HAVE A LEMON and LEMON TECHS WORKING ON THE CAR. If the computer does not say anything is wrong, than NOTHING IS WRONG FROM HMA POSITION.

:lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :cry:
  • normansandsnormansands Member Posts: 2
    I replaced the Ignition pack, fuel pump, fuel filter, checked all fuses,relays and fuseable links.

Car ran fine turned off and now it just spins the engine no spark or gas
  • donna388donna388 Member Posts: 69
    :)

Are we to gather that you are pursuing a "Lemon-Law" buy-back on your Sonata? :confuse:

Let's form a club for everyone who is doing this.
    I am doing just that with our Azera, so I will be more than happy to join up.

:surprise:
  • 1995sonatav61995sonatav6 Member Posts: 3
    I'm unable to access the HMA site because I have a mac. Any suggestions about getting a OEM Service manual for my 1995 Sonata 3.0L?
  • newowner10newowner10 Member Posts: 227
    E-Bay, the dealer. Why will a MAC not work?
    Windows is required.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Usually it is the browser, not the OS, that matters. Have you tried Firefox?
    yep. tried explorer, firefox, safari. Do you have a mac?
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    This is from the HMA service website regarding requirements:

Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
    Windows 98/NT/2000/ME/XP
    Adobe Acrobat Reader
    Adobe SVG Viewer
    Macromedia Flash Player
  • SilverBullet00SilverBullet00 Member Posts: 102
    To get the right answer, you will have to identify which engine you have. Also, shouldn't you be using the Sonata forums??
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I moved the person's post to a better discussion for the question: dljenson, "Hyundai Sonata Maintenance and Repair" #2976, 27 Sep 2009 8:19 am.

Just fyi, this discussion IS in the Sonata group. It's in most (if not all) of the Hyundai model groups.
  • tish6tish6 Member Posts: 3
    My 2005 Sonata recently stopped on me while driving. Fuel pump and strainer changed along with timing belt and plugs. Car still will not start. What should I do next to get it started.
    edited March 2010
    I do not mean to give you a hard time but why did you replace these parts.
    A car would not stop due to a bad plug, it may miss but not stop. Was the timing belt broken? Did you not have fuel pressure?. There are many reasons a car will not run. After you try to start it have you looked a plug to see if it is "Wet"? That will determine if gas is flowing.
    Cars are not like they use to be:

1) Where you looked down the carburetor and pump the throttle and if gas squirted out .
    2) When you would remove a plug wire and crank the engine and see if you have spark
    3 ) Where you would verify the timing by turning the engine to align the timing mark and see it the distributer was aimed at plug one.

Cars are very complicated know and you may have spent more than it would have cost you to bring it to someone with the test equipment.

You could have the codes read by someone or buy a reader but you are spending more money again.
    It was time for the timing belt to be changed car has 105,000m. Also the plugs were needed. Everything u mentioned above was checked.
    With everything being electronic nowadays, it has to be a bad sensor and the one that will prevent a car from starting is the camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor. These are the two I would be suspicious of.
    Thanks a bunch, its in for repairing now. Ur on point the mechanic says the same thing u mentioned. I will let u know the outcome.
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    I was told that in order to replace the rear deck speaker in a 2006 Sonata LX you will have to remove the back seat. Does anyone know if this is easy enough to do without going to the dealer?
    I do not know how you do it but can not take any special tools. The online manual should show you how. To change the fuel pump filter you remove the back seat.
  • tinlegstinlegs Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Hi , I would like to know how to take the small front grill away from the full front grill/bumper as I want to get to the frame that holds the radiator so I can put some Brackets on to that frame which will come through the small grill ,can you or anybody else help me,TINLEGS. PS;the car is a 2006/2007 HYUNDAI ELANTRA.
  • sonatascottsonatascott Member Posts: 16
    It only takes a pro a few minutes. I'm not sure of the exact procedure on your year. It all comes off pretty easily. You might shop around stereo shops for a good deal on labor. FYI, in the past working on other cars, i found getting the back seat out was very easy. Getting the side trim off of the rear deck area was harder for me. I work slow and easy to prevent breaking the plastic keepers that hold the trim to the sheetmetal. In general I think it would be one of those projects that end up being easier than you thought... Good luck!
  • motordavidmotordavid Member Posts: 39
    I found the on line link...takes less than a minute to set up account, get password, etc.
    GL, mD

http://www.hmaservice.com/
  • chalirebrownchalirebrown Member Posts: 38
    I have a 2011 Sonata SE and cannot access the repair manula online at all no matter what. Hyundai told me that only the owner's manuals are available this way and Helm, the publisher for most repair manuals states they didi not get the service manual from hyundai for the 2011 as yet.
    Go to http://www.hmaservice.com/ and look under Sonata(YF) and you will find the service manual for the 2011 model. In the future you might want to use the Sonata forums for quicker responses. Good Luck
  • imfrostyrob01imfrostyrob01 Member Posts: 1
    I am having problems getting the user agreement page to open so I can set up an account. my OS is Vista any suggestions?
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Possibly you will need to use, IE to obtain the materials.
    van
This discussion has been closed.