Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pontiac Montana Engine Problems

2»

Comments

• Options
    kschillkschill Member Posts: 1
    You do not need to roll anything just test it by pulling one wire at a time and crank it you will know if there is spark there are two screws per pack replace bad one
  • Options
    kgb92kgb92 Member Posts: 2
    HI,

The vent fan for the interior has started to intermittently stop working, I was in a drive-thru line last week and it started then. No problems until this morning as I started going to work, it would stop I would turn it off, and after 10 minutes turn it back on. My engine has also been overheating so I do use this to help cool off the engine in traffic on the way home. I drive 70 miles to and from work daily, the way home is usually rather muggy and stop and go traffic. Any thoughts? I have to replace my A/C condenser again next week, I had the blower motor and water pump replaced last year, and the serpentine belt.
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    I would guess (because it comes and goes) it may be an issue with HVAC cluster (loose conections maybe, you could try whacking it with your hand when it goes off to see if it starts again). For the overheating you might want to check coolant level in radiator as well as overflow bottle
  • Options
    kgb92kgb92 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you - I will try that this evening on the way home. I pretty much check the radiator and reservoir daily, this has been happening since last summer. I think I need to replace the intake manifold again or it might be as simple as the thermostat. I have bumped up my repair schedule to Monday - I just need to make sure I get home today, so I will be working late to make sure traffic is low.
  • Options
    angiefolkesangiefolkes Member Posts: 1
    I have an 03 montana. the temp guage never goes below half and as soon as i slow down it goes up to where the overheat light comes on. It doesnt sputter so i dont think its actually overheating though. could it be the temperature sensor maybe? help.....">
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    First thing I would check is coolant level in both overflow bottle and radiater If you have been adding coolant on a regular basis there may be air in the system that might require bleeding after filling with coolant to maintain proper level.
  • Options
    armesarmes Member Posts: 32
    Engine may not sputter until you have blown the head gaskets. Do not use this as criteria as to weather it is over heating. I know this from experience with my 02. The temperature gage would go up and down like that even after the air was burped from the system. Then, wham the head gaskets blew and that is when the engine started to stumble. :sick:
  • Options
    mwilliamson006mwilliamson006 Member Posts: 2
    The gas gauge going up and down is the fuel sending unit in the gas tank. It's a $34. part on ebay, and is a moderate to easy fix.
  • Options
    pajar0913pajar0913 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana and just recently it started to overheat at stop lights or anytime the van is on and not moving. So today went out down town. And on the way home the van over heated so bad the red light on the dash come on and I could hardly get the van to go past 30mph. Any one have this problem before. Thanks. Read hope it's something simple. Please feel free to email me directly trinity1madison7@gmail.com.
  • Options
    MilkMilk Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    New battery new alternator new starter lights come on n everything just car want crank at all not a peep.do u think it could be ignition problem i changed the relay fuse and all just haven't changed the ignition switch yet
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    What does the security light on the speedometer/tach do when you put in the key and turn it to "ON"?
    Is it reading the chip or the transponder in the key and unlocking the security system to crank?

Do you know what kind of car it is and the year? It helps if you will include that in the description please!

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,