Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Tahoe Transmission Problems

Comments

• mckie1mckie1 Member Posts: 3
    Good Morning Caron,

I appreciate you setting up a case # and everything, but i have know information about my case. What I do have is a dealership wanting their $4,100.00 and storage fee for a vehicle that is ready for pick up after your group left message. A 10 day repair took 3 days to complete and monies are due. Help what to do i am waiting for a response on my case and I really need my suburban back (only family car). Help

Thanks
    Marcus
  • rafael7rafael7 Member Posts: 1
    Add me to the list of unsatisified customers of GM's Tahoe's. My 2004 Tahoe transmission recently did the same everyone else has been describing and GM will do nothing about it. If you're really serious about a class action suit, count me in. :mad:
  • decomomdecomom Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 Tahoe with 54K miles that has had a "jump" in the transmission since I bought it used 2 years ago. I have had it into the dealer and they said it was fixed but the jump into 1st gear is getting more and more frequent. I am taking my family on vacation next week and am very worried about our safety in this car. Now that I think about it....the dealer that sold me the Tahoe probably knew about the issue. I am dropping it off at the dealership today....no loaner car and this is my main vehicle!!
  • bromerobromero Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    I got the same deal going on, bought my first vehicle (on my own at least) had issues with the brakes and went through hell and 2 vehicle-less days getting the dealership to fix that. Get my car back 2 days ago and I'm driving the little boy to school when I hit about 50mph and let off the accellerator and it doesnt "catch" the lower gear. Had to stop at a red light, park, and restart. Happened again after I dropped him off this time I hit the gas (as I had cars behind me) and it was able to go into a higher gear but it feels like its missing 3rd (?) going down? Works well under 40 MPH might have to keep it that way, no money to pay to fix it after taking out a loan to buy the car

2003 Tahoe Z71, 8100 5.3L 112,5(00?) miles.

*Edit - I'm glad this is a recent forum and not a bunch of posts from 3 years ago.....
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    decomom,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership or when the problem has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • bromerobromero Member Posts: 2
    Update on mine (2003 Tahoe Z71, 8100 5.3L 112,5(00?) miles)

Took it back to the USED CAR dealer and they told me they would fix it. Gave me a 2010 Toyota Corola as a loaner too. Know this wont be much help to most, but I guess know your dealer?

Bought the car May 31 and they have replaced the brakes (Midas quoted me at $2800) and now the transmission ($2500-$3500).

Would be willing to share the dealer, but I'm not going to advertise for them. Will respond to a PM though, dealer is in Alaska...... :sick:
  • keytohomekeytohome Member Posts: 2
    Would like to get that dealer info from you if you don't mind. My '04 Tahoe is experiencing some transmission issues now, and I would really like to find an "honest" place to take it to....seeing as how the place I got it from in '07 was anything BUT honest!! Thanks.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    lol, you went to see Cal?

It's not like you guys have a lot of choice, if you stick with dealers.
  • keytohomekeytohome Member Posts: 2
    lol nope, I didn't see Cal, I didn't see Cal, I didn't see Cal. lol It was some other little bootleg dealership on Old Seward...but not RWB.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Believe it or not, I used to get good service at Midas in Anchorage when I lived there. Started going there after meeting the owner, but I think they still have a good reputation. Back in the day I know they fixed a few transmissions. Usual disclaimers - that was back in the 90s.
  • manontherunmanontherun Member Posts: 5
    Well, guess from the other messages mine is not a unique problem. The trans in our 2004 Tahoe appears to have suddenly died while we were 300 miles from home. It didn't give us any warning that this was going to happen. It started slipping on the trip down from 2->3 and then it seemed to slip in 4th. It looked like we would be able to make it home driving in 3rd and it just began slipping to the point we couldn't keep up any speed. This vehicle only has 88,000 miles and it has never towed anything so the trans has not been subjected to a lot of stress. No wrench light. No warning messages in the message area. Currently sitting at a GM service dealer until they reopen on Tuesday. 6-9 months ago we had to have a pressure regulator solenoid replaced in the trans because of extended delayed shifting going from 2->3. Not sure if it's related to this but these transmissions should last longer than this. Not sure what we'll do now. Overall, this vehicle has been a bit of a disappointment. Many small items going wrong, including the infamous gauge cluster problem. Infamous seat heater problems, Side mirror motor burned out. Seat memory not working. We got the cluster issue taken care of by GM but I doubt we are going to get any help with this tran issue.
  • carriekcarriek Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 tahoe...transmission went out at 16000 miles,again at 32000mile and again at 108000 mile. I pull a small run about boat 2x a year. I was told that after tranny went out twice while under warranty that if it ever broke that they would cover it the lifetime that I owned the truck...Well I was stupid and did not get it in writing and the Chevy dealer closed...guess Im screwed. So glad I just purchased a brand new Nissan Murano...gonna fix the chevy and probably put it up for sale....
  • tahoekid445tahoekid445 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Everyone,

A few months bought a 2003 Chevy Tahoe with 130,000 miles on it, and though it was meticulously maintained and am a little concerned. Recently I have noticed that in the morning when the vehicle isnt warmed up I am getting a hard shift when i start to drive more than 10 miles an hour. It only lasts about 10 minutes, and is only when i am initially accelerating, but I am a college student, and cant afford a major repair, so if its something simple or if anyone has had a similar issue please let me know. Thanks guys.
  • joconleyjoconley Member Posts: 5
    That was the original problem that sparked the inception of this forum. From the research I've done as well as personal experience, this appears to be the Speed Sensor. It's a $15 part that sits on top of the transfer case.

My truck did the same thing in the mornings and had to warm up for 5-8 minutes to avoid the hard shifts. Happened only in the winter time though.

Let me know if that works for you. Apparently others have reported success
  • ratt069ratt069 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a new 2001 Tahoe in 2001. Loved it. I Put alot of miles on the Tahoe. 336000 miles to date. But 4 transmissions later Ive had my fill. Was told recently that at every 30000 miles the tranny oil should have been changed. I'm in the process of getting the 2001 tranny fixed again and trying to get rid of it. Is there any word of tranny issues on the 2011 Tahoe?
  • alreyno1alreyno1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Chevy Tahoe. Had for about 5yrs, runs great except for when you start it and press on gas pedal it wont go any faster then 5miles an hour no matter how hard you step on gas. I can floor it and all it will do is lug and knock. It eventually does smooth out. I thought maybe fuel pump? I have several friends that have tahoes but non with this problem. Embarrassing because if I pull out ahead of somebody I have to pull over because I wont be able to speed up.. Also check engine light is always on. Emissions Im told??
  • woodycoxwoodycox Member Posts: 8
    129K miles, one owner. Wife driving in 2WD. Went out of gear. Engine rev'd up. Would not go into Drive or Reverse. Got engine code for O2 Sensor. Changed it out. Light went out. All good. Yesterday, did same thing but no engine light came on. Pulled over. Put in Park. In PARK position, it started to roll forward, had to apply brakes to keep it from rolling forward on flat ground. Turned off engine. Re-started it and tried to put in DRIVE. Heard something spin up then down...and a little clanking under truck. Put it in 4WD and she was fine, no more noise. Drove the rest of the day in 4WD. Late last night, drove around town in 2WD. No immediate issues. Tahoe has not had Trans Fluid changed for life of vehicle. No Engine Light right now, no burning smell, or other noises now.
    Usually drive in 2WD and almost entirely highway mileage around 70mph. Any thoughts, suggestions? Can I drive in 4WD indefinitely? Another O2 sensor to change? There are 4 total.">
  • bryanbullbryanbull Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 GMC Yukon XL that appears to be having the same problem that you describe. Will shift up to 3rd, but will not downshift. Have to stop, turn off the engine for a few minutes, then pray that it works properly. I don't see any resolutions on here, only complaints. Did you have to replace the transmission?
  • afunfsinnafunfsinn Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2000 tahoe z71 5.7 usually when it sits for a while (24hrs) at least. It starts fine but when I get on the gas sometimes it seems like it dosent want to go, usually it will sound deep and almost wants to cut out, sometimes sounds like it back fires too, but after a little bit sometimes holding down on the gas is picks up and smooths out. RPM's dont jump just starts to go and after its wormed up it seems fine, plus it only dose it from a stop not while im driving 30 and get on it, it seems fine......replaced plug wires, plugs, distributer cap and roter. looking into fule pump and fuel filter myself, hope its not the injectors.....you figure it out yet?
    UPDATE: I put Lucas (brand) Transmission Fluid in last night. The TF was low. It is running fine in 2WD & 4WD. I'll keep an eye on it but I plan to change Tranny fluid/filter/gasket at payday.
  • priorprior Member Posts: 2
    I got the Service 4WD light on my '05 Tahoe Z71. No lights on the selector, couldn't change modes. Truck was driveable, so I believe it was in 2HI. Had the code read, C0327 which indicates the encoder sensor. I found instructions on this site for how to replace it. Everything came apart real easy, got the new sensor installed in the motor. Went to put the motor back on and the shaft had turned, the notch on the shaft no longer matches up with the gear on the motor. The notch on the gear is at around 11 o'clock position, the notch on the shaft is at 6'oclock. I read multiple comments (all apparently quoting the same bulletin) which says to use a crescent wrench to turn the shaft to the necessary position. How? I can turn it to about 9 o'clock, but no further. Plus, it immediately springs back to 6 o'clock. Someone suggested putting the truck in neutral (trans), jacking the rear tires off the ground, and turning the rear driveshaft while I try to turn the shaft. Did that, same results. Right now the truck is in the middle of my driveway, with the front end up on ramps and the rear on jack stands, with no front driveshaft. This is my daily driver, and I'm stranded without it. Does someone have any other suggestions?
  • kitten0304kitten0304 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I have been reading over the threads listed looking for a problem similar to mine...but I haven't found one exactly like mine, so...I have a 2002 lt auto ride 5.3L 4x4 Tahoe. I purchased it used from a soccer mom so it was driven but well cared for. One day while pulling into traffic SNAP..the sun shell broke, I had it towed (2nd problem) to a place where my husband and his father having worked on rebuilding engines and transmissions before purchased the appropriate kits and rebuilt the transmission with a new beefier sun shell. 2nd problem steps in...The tow company towed it backwards on its front tires without putting it neutral! This basically fried the transfer case. They did however take it to a transmission shop and replace the damaged parts....now I have been driving it minimally and 3 months later comes in the current problem, In the morning when you 1st start it it's like the fluid has left the transmission overnight the engine rev's higher like it has no resistance and if you were to proceed driving it makes this whining noise (like your low power steering pump would) only when it tries to shift into into 2nd and again into 3rd but this noise stops after 10 or 15 minutes of driving(like the fluid has now reached all area it needs to) I tried letting it sit in the mornings this initially helped the noise volume and duration. But 4 weeks later it is now louder and more violent sounding it last a lot longer and it does not help to let it sit a run.

The only thing my husband says he did not replace was the shift plate, but now he believes one or two of the bebe's where little worn...could this be the culprit? I have already even with their help spent a fortune to fix this Tahoe with 3 kids and trying to get a degree I have already exhausted our $$ I get 10 different opinions from transmission shops all with huge $$tags. Please help :(
  • dmntddmntd Member Posts: 20
    Well here it is just 1yr into owning my 2005 tahoe and now I have a 3rd problem that just pooped up. So on top of my liftgate being stuck in the lock possition leaving it totally useless, the remote key fob will not unlock my doors but will lock and set the alarm, but now ar 78,500 my transmission is starting to act up. I have never dogged this car infact I had all the dealer requiered maintainace done on it as soon as I bought it. The other day I was sitting at a red light and as the light turned green i pressed the gas pedal and teh car seemed to hesitate a little almost like it wanted to stall. Today on the way home from work on the freeway the transmission seems to shift up only to 4th gear and then staysthere unless I backed off the gas. At 60mph the RPM's was at almost 3,000 which I know is not good. The car shifts down just fine and there are not other indicator lights or warning what so ever. its a 2005 Tahoe with the 5.3lt vortec engine and 4wd. Does this mean I need to replace or rebuild the transmission or could it be something else? If I knew that Tahoes had some many damn issues and Chevy dont want to fix or recall them I would have never traded my Durango for it. If I dont get a good resolution with this issue I will never purchase a Chevy product again and will share my pains with all my friends and family to follow my lead :-(
    Well took my Tahoe to a transmission shop and thank god it was not blown or in need of any major repair. The Chevy dealer over filled my transmission fluid by 2 quarts when they topped off my fluids during an oil change. It did give him a P0642B code which he cleared out and now my Tahoe is running like new. But was told I will have to at least have it serviced within 5 to 6k miles just to keep it running smooth.
  • cmoore11cmoore11 Member Posts: 1
    Did you find the issue, I am having the same problem.
    I replaced one of the the O2 sensors. All seemed right with the world then it happened to me again. However, 2 things were common to both incidences. I was running on fumes...about the drag up empty...and I was driving in 2WD. As of right now, no problem. I intend to change all Trans fluid, filter, and gasket very soon. Current mileage = 130K
    Cmoore11,
    Have you considered getting this diagnosed at your servicing dealership? Is there anyway we can help? Let us know – email Christina here with more information (name, VIN, contact info, dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Ok so after a week my tahoe started doing the same thing again with a slight hesitation when starting off and tehn not shifting into overdrive while on the freeway. I have to take it back to the transmission shop that check it out before to have them do an overnight diagnostic so see if their computer can detect the problem since there is no check engine light nor a service light coming on.
    Looking forward to hear how your visit to the shop goes. If Customer Assistance can help, please don’t hesitate to email Christina though the email address provided on this forum.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • baile5baile5 Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem recently but it turned out to be simple fix. I had installed a K/N Intake system on my Tahoe years ago and never had a problem but when I had the same problem as you I took my truck in to my mechanic and he told me the stock mass air flow sensor wasn't reading the correct amount of air due to my K/N. I purchased a performance mass air flow sensor from Granatelli like he recommended and problem solved. It runs and shifts better than ever. I never got a light either. To test your mass air flow sensor just unplug the wires to it and drive the truck. If it runs and shifts good than you know thats what it is. You will get an engine light on when doing this but you can reconnect the wires and it should go away or just have it reset at Autozone. Let me know how it turns out.
  • baile5baile5 Member Posts: 2
    Check the mass air flow sensor. unplug the wires to it and drive the truck. if it drives good again you will now know what it is. I had the same issue. Replaced my mass air flow sensor ( which are expensive $200 to $300) but my truck is back to normal and worth the $
  • njtahoenjtahoe Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Tahoe I just picked up from a friend. He hasn't had any issues with the tranny and Now less than a week into me having it, The downstream O2 Sensor has thrown a code. I reset the codes and now It's shifting hard from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Same when it downshifts. It's not slipping, it's just changing into gear kind of hard. On the highway I'm fine no problems. I did see that there tranny dip stick did have bubbles on the fluid and it is over filled. I plan on taking it to AAMCO to see if they can diagnose the problem and hopefully won't be to much. I am replacing the O2 sensor
    I also checked out this website and it kind of leads me to believe the O2 sensor is the cause, but my friend who is a mechanic says more than likely it's something else.
    I love the Tahoe and I really don't want to move to anything else. So i'm praying it's something simple

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/transmissions_automatics/gm_4l60e_overha- ul_kit.html
    Well after letting the transmission shop keep my tahoe for two days they could not find anything wrong with it. I was told my car looks almost new inside and out, the computer showed no stored codes or warnings. Only thing I was told was if I am on surface street drive with the car in 3rd gear and this should help with the shifting concerns and then out it in drive when on the highway. They checked all the sensors as well as the mass air flow sensor and none of them are faulty. You mentioned you was gonna take your's to AAMCO! I dont know about your area but here in my area no one will take their car to AAMCO. They have done more damage to people cars than what was already wrong. If you can check and see of you have a Clutch Mart in your area. Thats the company I went to and they didnt even charge me a dime for the testing. My Tahoe is running just as smooth as ever so I dont know maybe its a glitch or something but I was told if It does it again just bring it back for another test. Good Luck to you and please keep us posted on the outcome of your Tahoe.
  • babebluehoebabebluehoe Member Posts: 1
    marka09,
    I oddly did the very same, traded my old RC for a 2000 Tahoe with 61,000 miles.
    Now I too, have 78,000 miles on it and having tranny trouble. I thought it would a be a more reliable truck to take my son in vs and on old 82 Dodge. Guess I'm wrong.
    I'm worried to drive it other then to work. I had to leave it along the road and walk the other day. The engine will rev and the rpms will go up but the truck wont move or wont shift. I have it in the shop where I work for the 3rd time. I had the tranny flushed last year. I like to keep this truck nice and very good about maintaining it.
    THe tranny isn't making noise but it just wont go all time.
    What have you all been finding or done for help?
    Anything short of driving it until it goes no more and trying to pay for a new tranny or just buy a bicycle?
  • marka09marka09 Member Posts: 20
    I had to have my transmission replaced. $3000 with a 3 year warranty. There is a systemic problem with these transmissions and Chevy will not own up to it - unless you get to executive escalations and say you are going to buy a new vehicle from Chevy. They won't admit that there is something wrong, but they will offer you a voucher for a discount on a new Chevy. I told them that this is the last Chevy for me and the rest of my family.
    We've had a lot of Chevys in my family and it's common for a fuel pump to go at less than 100K miles. Never let your fuel tank get lower than 1/4 and that seems to keep the problem at bay.
  • spowers2spowers2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!
    I just purchased a 2007 Chevrolet suburban in June with 72,000 miles on it. 1 month later my transmission went out. They covered it and put in a "rebuilt" transmission...no problems since...knock on wood. A week after I bought it though it felt funny when I would take a right hand turn. I took it in and they said nothing was wrong. I just put new tires on it and I just noticed I can feel the right tire rubbing on something when I turn right. The tire people said my right front tire wore unevenly and the inner tire had steel threads coming out of it. I am currently losing oil somehow and I am sure that is not a good thing. I was never a Chevy person but my boyfriend convinced me to buy it. I think next time I might try something else...very frustrating!
  • huskeriniowahuskeriniowa Member Posts: 2
    We bought our 2007 Suburban used two years ago. Had always felt like we were rear ended when stopping at lights/stop sign. Mentioned at dealer when vehicle serviced, no answer. Transmission went out in February 2011 in a blizzard two hours from home at 88,000 miles. Less than 100,000 miles so covered under warranty. Still didn't feel like it shifted correctly when we got it back. Transmission went out three weeks ago, 98,000 miles, STILL at dealer three weeks later. Service dept says clearances weren't right on 1st rebuild. Also has been to dealer three times to fix overactive lifter problems on oil system - recalled the 1st time but it just doesn't seem to be fixed. We have never towed anything with it. We have been loyal GM customers, have 2006 GMC Sierra, but don't know what to do. Dealer not offering any solutions but clearly warranty is running out on this troubled vehicle. From reading the previous posts, it appears this is a common problem; any more on information on possible recalls for this vehicle?
    So as you may all know I have been dealing with a shifting issue with my 2005 Tahoe. Well After two trips to a transmission shop who could not find any codes, damage, or problems with my transmission it has once again started to hesitate sometimes from a dead stop as well as not shifting into overdrive or 4th gear. I dont have a clue what to do since there are no warning lights coming on. I was told that even the mass air flow sensor and O2 sensors would still trigger an engine code if they where faulty but I have not seen any service engine light or warning. I am very flustered with this car and wished I had never purchased it.
    Well here I am again, the transmission in my tahoe has gotten worse. So the other night with no warning it started reving up when switching gears then is seems like it was trying to find a gear to go into. It goes from 1st to 2nd just fine but when it tries to go into 3rd it revs up and I get an odd spinning sound fron the dashboard on the drivers side and then searches for a gear. Going into 4th just does not happen at all is seems to stay in 3rd and continuously searches for a gear going in and out of 4th and 3rd. Still no warning lights, its shift down just fine. I had to take it back to the transmission shop again today so they can check it for the 4th time. I hope they can figure out whats going on cause this has really irritated my last nerve. I have always kept it in 2wd hi cause I never actually have had the need to put it in 4wd. Anyone with advice please let me know just incase teh shop still cant find anything wrong :-(
    Well got the call back today from the transmission shop and they confirmed my worse fear, the transmission is faulty. I have no 2nd and 4th gears and no overdrive. So now checking around for prices to either get it rebuilt or replaced with a better quality transmission
    Thank you but I it does not seem like GM has been able to help anyone with failing transmission issues. My transmission is shot and needs to be replaced so I am just wondering if its best to trade it in for an import SUV or find a better quality transmission and pray it last longer the one it came off the show room floor with.
  • gmlikesjapangmlikesjapan Member Posts: 21
    2004 tahoe has hood design defect funneling water into transmission dipstick . GM knows this but previous Chevy dealer never fixed it .. I've been trying to get them to repair this and fix damaged transmission for weeks . In addition , it is a GM Certified rebuilt transmission since the original trans died shortly after the warranty expired . The GM customer service center is NO help --like talking to the phone company used to be . The customer service person refuses to let me speak to her supervisor !!!! She types the whole time we speak and seems to be reading canned responses instead of talking with me . I find out on the internet that the customer service call center is in Venezuela ! That's what we get for bailing out GM . I've got two Chevy vehicles and was about to buy another but with the miserable customer service , why should I ? Service request # 71-1014887018 .
    FYI , I have a GM Cerified rebuilt transmission that has failed after 30,000 miles and GM customer care is AWFUL , even if the dealer tries to help .
    I sure wish someone from Gm would help me . I'm stuck with the GM call center that the internet tells me is located in Venzuela and a person there who won't put me through to a supervisor & who basically reads canned lines to me as to why they won't replace the GM CErtified rebuilt transmission that has water in it from a GM design flaw--water is funneled from the hood to the trans dipstick --and have been without a usable car for sweeks tho dealership , who are nice people , just gave me a loaner . But GM insists on "rebuilding '' this defective transmission that still won't work after being taken apart multiple times . I've been a GM customer exclusively for 12 years and this is what GM calls customer assistance . Service request # 71-1014887018.
    they also gave me another reference number : 71-1015827876.
    Cut & Pasted from my ORIGINAL issue --- 129K miles, one owner. Wife driving in 2WD. Went out of gear. Engine rev'd up. Would not go into Drive or Reverse. Got engine code for O2 Sensor. Changed it out. Light went out. All good. Yesterday, did same thing but no engine light came on. Pulled over. Put in Park. In PARK position, it started to roll forward, had to apply brakes to keep it from rolling forward on flat ground. Turned off engine. Re-started it and tried to put in DRIVE. Heard something spin up then down...and a little clanking under truck. Put it in 4WD and she was fine, no more noise. Drove the rest of the day in 4WD. --- One person said it was likely the "encoder motor position sensor". Drove around town in 2WD. Fell out of drive when I slowed to turn around. Tahoe has not had Trans Fluid changed for life of vehicle. No Engine Light right now, no burning smell, or other noises now.
    Usually drive in 2WD and almost entirely highway mileage around 70mph. Any thoughts, suggestions? Can I drive in 4WD indefinitely? Another O2 sensor to change? I changed the first O2 behind the battery. There are 4 total.
    Feeling like you are rear ended at a traffic light is exactly what my truck has done ever since it was new. It was to the dealer several times for it and they said nothing was wrong. 73K miles later the transmission failed. $3000 later I have a rebuilt transmission installed (dealer). It's been several months since it was installed and it's beginning to show the same signs. Its shift points are off and there is a very slight "rear ending" feeling now and then. I plan to take it to the dealer when I get a chance - and it has 76K mile on it now. I average about 5 - 7K miles a year (I have 4 vehicles) on this truck and don't tow or use off road even though it's a 4WD. I'm beginning to think about a Ford as my next vehicle because Chevy doesn't really stand behind their products.
  • mrt1124mrt1124 Member Posts: 2
    Did the gmcustsvc person ever help you resolve the issue with your transmission. I have a 2007 chevy tahoe that just started acting up. I have 140k miles on mine, but just like you babied it. It is crazy for the same model SUV have same issue so often that it was never recalled. This is bad for the chevrolet brand name to allow so many loyal consumers that keep buying just chevrolets to be made to deal with a problem they obviously had with whoever the contracted out to buy the transmissions from or whichever plant built them. Its obviously a bigger issue than just a few here or there. The place onstar towed it to said he has had to replace 10 transmissions so far in the same year chevrolet tahoe and silverados with the same engine etc. Of course no warranties are good anymore. Makes you wonder why GM gives you a warrant to a specific mileage. its like they know it will stop working after that time. Its terrible.
  • mrt1124mrt1124 Member Posts: 2
    Did the gmcustsvc person ever help you resolve the issue with your transmission. I have a 2007 chevy tahoe that just started acting up. I have 140k miles on mine, but just like you babied it. It is crazy for the same model SUV have same issue so often that it was never recalled. This is bad for the chevrolet brand name to allow so many loyal consumers that keep buying just chevrolets to be made to deal with a problem they obviously had with whoever the contracted out to buy the transmissions from or whichever plant built them. Its obviously a bigger issue than just a few here or there. The place onstar towed it to said he has had to replace 10 transmissions so far in the same year chevrolet tahoe and silverados with the same engine etc. Of course no warranties are good anymore. Makes you wonder why GM gives you a warrant to a specific mileage. its like they know it will stop working after that time. Its terrible.