Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Explorer Keypad Questions

trevorclaytontrevorclayton Member Posts: 2
I just bought a 2003 Sport and i cant find the keyless entry code i have looked many places but i can't find it if any one knows where it is specifically for this modle please tell me!!!

Comments

• Options
    mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    If you don't see a sticker on the engine immobilizer up under the dash, then you have to have the truck hooked up to the terminal..prolly cost you $70.

Mark
  • Options
    kaimondkaimond Member Posts: 1
    I've just purchased a 2004 explorer. According to my manual, the factory code is on the engine computer. Not being a mechanic, I have no idea what the computer looks like or where to find it. Can you help with a picture? You can e-mail it to me if need be.

Kaimond
  • Options
    chixy5chixy5 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my 2002 ford explorer in 2008 and since then have been trying to find the factory set keypad code. I have been asked to bring it over to the dealership to get my code after I would have parted with $100. I didn't go to the dealership since I found on my manual that the code is located inside the car on the computer module. This module I have searched for to no avail until today.
    The computer module is located behind the right passenger door. you will need to remove the plastic covering for the seat belt, this is held in place by two clips on the door side (no special tools required), pull out the the plastic covering, then look inside the lower plastic covering after you would have popped it open (pull lightly) the five bold digits on the sticker is the factory set code. :)
  • Options
    nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    Front or rear passenger door?
  • Options
    aayzmanaayzman Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if you found out where the key pad number is . I know this is an old post
    . I just bought a 2004 explorer and I have no clue???
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Google is your friend:

Where the code can be found

This code is located on the owner's wallet card in the glove box
    Is available from your authorized dealer via scan code
    Is marked on the computer module

Computer Module location
    2002 thru 2007 is in the right panel behind the middle row window. It is below the seat belt mechanism. You have to pull out the top plastic panel off, then loosen the lower panel to be able to see the face of the computer module. The code is on a sticker on the face of the module.