Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Coupe Navigation Systems

bklynknightbklynknight Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Honda
Had my new 2007 Accord Coupe now for three weeks and I love it, had the 2003 model before. The only thing I was wondering and maybe ( and I hope ) is there away to get real time traffic on the Navagation unit in the Accord?

Comments

• hondaguy67hondaguy67 Member Posts: 66
    In order to have real time traffic you need to have XM radio. the nav system and the XM work in tandem to provide your traffic display.
  • bklynknightbklynknight Member Posts: 3
    Well I have XM and no body knows if I'm able to get real time traffic on the Nav unit
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    bklynknight,

I can't understand why "no body knows if I'm able to get real time traffic on the Nav unit", just go to the XM Radio website here:

http://www.xmradio.com/navtraffic/index.xmc

You'll get traffic reports through your XM radio but won't see the tieups on your screen. That's reserved for the Acura line and a few other brands of vehicles.

XM NavTraffic only: $9.95 per month
    XM NavTraffic and XM audio combined: $12.95 audio plus $3.99 = $16.94 per month

If you are in Brooklyn, you are better off saving the money and going to XM channel 211 for continuous traffic reports. Plenty of AM stations too, on the 1's, 5's, 7's, 8's, etc.
  • dalonsodalonso Member Posts: 1
    I work for Honda in Manchester, NH. Honda's that come with navi have a 90 day trial to them for you to experience it. After that you have to pay for it. in the upper hundreds and two-hundreds in the XM channels u can find; weather, sports, traffic, news, world news, etc.
  • bklynknightbklynknight Member Posts: 3
    Thanks guys, figured it out. Thanks for all the help
  • octormoctorm Member Posts: 9
    Hello bklynknight,

How did you do it? would appreciate if U can share the details.. I have a one month old Accord with Nav and Xm.

This would be a factor to help me decide whether to keep XM after 3 month trial period.

Thanks,
    -octorm
  • stevedkstevedk Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Accord with Nav

How can you get real time traffic added to our units
    The 2009 Accords will have it so is thier a way to upgrade it
  • deaner1971deaner1971 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe with the NAVI and have begun to have an issue. The NAV system keeps rebooting (running through the initial screens). This is now even to the point where it asks me for the radio id (which I have memorized due to this) and sometime just goes black. The shop recommended a new DVD which I purchased and the problem, if anything, got worse.

I am now taking it in again for a second run at a diagnosis but if it is the DVD trunk unit (not the touch screen portion actualy in the cabin) it is going to run $4400 to replace (about $3600 if I buy it myself and not from Honda).

I am curious as to whether or not anyone else has had this issue and, if so, what the outcome was. As of right now I am likley looking at selling the car (with whatever decrease in value the broken NAV causes) as too many vital controls run through the touch screen which, for those of you lucky enough to have never had this issue, comlpetely locks up when there are issues with the DVD rom.

This will likely be my last experience with a factory installed system. It was great when it was working but one accessory that costs about as much as an engine replacement seems a bit much. Also, designing the car so that if that one accessory breaks, you lose most of the audio and AC controls seems like poor design to me.

Thanks for any and all insights!
  • efferseffers Member Posts: 25
    Is this possible as an option? Specifically in Canada.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.