Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Electrical Issues

2»

Comments

• torresartorresar Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,
    I've owned this 2002 Nissan Altima since 2005, it's been a great car. I've done all the oil changes and tune-ups as required, but recently I've driven the car a few times and while i'm driving the car seems to lose power. It starts slowing down even while i'm pressing on the accelerator and then accelerates by itself when i'm not pressing the accelerator. Is this an electrical problem?? Sometimes I've had to pull-off the road because the car has totaly stopped. I've had to park the car for safety reasons, I'm hoping someone has had a similiar experience and can tell me what going on!!! Thanks.
  • skinsfan3skinsfan3 Member Posts: 78
    Has you mileage per gallon dropped. I know people who don't know how to shift from 3rd to drive. It sounds like that could be happening. I own a 2003 Altima and hate the shift controls.
  • zaphod2zaphod2 Member Posts: 1
    Did you figure this out? My 98 does exactly the same thing. The engine doesn't seem to vary at all, just the lights.
  • cmdrucmdru Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if you found an answer to your electrical problem? Same thing just happened to me. Car starts fine but none of the electricals work no radio, wipers, blinkers, power locks, power windows. Only thing that does work is the headlights and brake lights.
  • zekesuperfreakzekesuperfreak Member Posts: 1
    I had the same thing happen 2009 altima. All windows and locks failed even after I changed the fuses??
  • geadesgeades Member Posts: 1

Radio/nav system/blue tooth works when it wants to. Taken to dealer on 3 occasions to be told they can find NO problem. This is an on and off problem so is quite confusing as to what is going on with the car!

• torino6torino6 Member Posts: 1

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but i just replaced the bolt on the bolt tensioner on my 1998 altima it had broken and i lost power steering i replaced the bolt and put the alternator back in. A small plastic piece had fallen off. I had put it back in and lost all power to the windows and door locks. i have no a/c or heating. I've tested the alternator its fine i don't believe its a grounding problem. I haven't checked the fuses because they belong to different fuses. Any ideas?