Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Interior and Trim

loucapriloucapri Member Posts: 214
I notice all 3 head rests in 3rd row are hard to pull out.
Especially after unfolding from the floor. There is no way a normal person can pull the head rest in and out.
I am not sure if WD-40 will help?

Comments

• taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    I don't think you can pull them out from behind the seat. I've had no problem pulling htem up when I was sitting in the seat, though
  • jimoasejimoase Member Posts: 4
    Toyota Customer Care says all 2007 Sienna's with leather seats no longer have an adjustable arm rest. Instead the arm rest remains in the negative lean angle that was the start position when the arm rests were adjustable.

Fabric covered seats do have adjustable arm rests as always.

According to Toyota Customer Care this new arm rest design was directed by the Executive Committee and will not be corrected by Toyota even though the arm rest can be replaced with the 2006 leather covered arm rest to regain usability.

Please check your new XLE and Limited vans before accepting delivery. If the new negative angle position is acceptable then no problem. If that is uncomfortable then your problems begin if you accept delivery because the problem will not be fixed according to Toyota Customer Care representatives.

We have taken pictures if you would like to see what we are talking about.

Our research has discovered that our 2007 Sienna Limited has the only negative angle arm rest out of over 100 vehicles checked. All other arm rests in our van are set to level or positive rest angles.

Jim
  • misterxangomisterxango Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 toyota sienna LE with one passenger power sliding door, I like to put one power sliding door on the other side, Can I do it and How much? Is it easy to do it?
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    I'm not a "car guy," but you're talking about removing the current door, opening it up to run wires so it can be electrically opened from inside and out, maybe even changing the part that actually secures the door (i.e., locks it) into place, and you'll need a motor to actually do the opening...

I'd look into trading in your car for an '04 or newer Sienna with the features you want first.
  • wsurfwsurf Member Posts: 15
    hello Jim,

can you send me the photos showing the arm rest issues on the Sienna XLE that you described in your email msg?? I too am considering the Sienna XLE with leather and was unaware of this issue....thanks
    jackmot00@yahoo.com
  • ckcarpriceckcarprice Member Posts: 29
    Does any one have an idea on how to protect new mats, floor and seats from stains or spillage? I am thinking of using Stochguard on seats. Any thoughts?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Good idea, I should do the same.
    I am told Scotchguard will work on seats but NOT work well on carpeted floors or mats. What do others use for the floor? I need to find some economical way to protect floor carpet and mats from spills, dirt or water from snow in winter.
    Must be why the fitted rubber mats sell so well. :confuse:
    Did you see price on it and make? Thanks.
    Yeah, try this site:

http://www.trdparts4u.com/ME-CEIC.aspx

That's the OE stuff. There is also MacNeil, if you want to comparison shop. They have those multi-page ads in Car & Driver magazine.
    Thanks, What do you think about Lampguard?
    Seems they are $45 + shipping
    Anyone know if they protect form stone damage and does not
    yellow or if they diffuse light?
  • garydavisgarydavis Member Posts: 2
    At about 15,000 miles, my Sienna developed a presistent and very annoying rattle in the dashboard. The sound seems to be coming from behind the tachometer. Has anybody else had this problem? The dealer's totally disinterested in the noise but unless I figure out a way to stop it, this will be the first and last Toyota I ever buy.
    Mine is quiet. That would annoy me, too.

First check all the storage bins, maybe empty them to make sure the noise is still present.

To be honest if they crack the whole dash open to fix one rattle, you may end up with two. :sick:
  • garydavisgarydavis Member Posts: 2
    I am not sure about this but there's a chance I finally ran the rattle down. Under the hood there's a fabric pad held to the metal by some plastic bolts. I sprayed WD-40 all around the bolts and today I had no rattle. The wind may have been getting under the fabric and waving it up and down and rattling the bolts. Keep your fingers crossed for me. My wife is tired of me covering up the cursed noise with a radio turned up to the max. - Gary Davis
    Nothing cranking up the stereo can't fix. :shades:
  • mattmiller1978mattmiller1978 Member Posts: 2
    :D Just bought an LE 8 pass. (electric drivers seat) with cloth interior and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the armrests in the front seats seem to be stationed a little low, making it somewhat uncomfortable while driving. Seems like my arm tends to slide off the rest. Otherwise, we love the van.

Haven't asked the dealer if any adjustments can be made to the armrests, so does anyone know if this is possible???

Thanks.
    The 2004-2006 arm rests were adjustable for the angle. My 2007 model was the first year that had a fixed position.

I'm not sure why they did that. You may want to ask your dealer if an 04-06 arm rest will fit in the same place.
  • chuynhchuynh Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I have a 2005 Sienna and about 4 months ago it started to make this rattle noise at around 75mph. This noise happens about 50% of the time. Is this what happened with your Sienna? Any comment/help would be greatly appreciated.
  • pqp3pqp3 Member Posts: 3
    Any luck with the armrest problem? I have just bought a 2008 LE with the same problem and would like to have them angled upwards a bit.
    I have recently bought a used 2008 Sienna LE with the overhead trip computer. It has five buttons - the "mode" button, three garage door opening buttons and a metric/imperial unit button. The door opener buttons and metric/imperial buttons have back-light writing but the "mode" button does not light up. I asked my dealer to repair the "mode" button but was told that it does not have a light. Is this true? It seems strange to me that all the other buttons are backlight and this one is not. Can anyone tell me if their "mode" button is backlight or not. Thanks!
    I have a 2008 Sienna with armrests that are angled downwards too much to be comfortable. They are not the adjustable style found inthe older Siennas. Has anyone either adjusted their armrests or taken their van into Toyota to have them adjusted? If so could you please provide some advice on either how to do it or let me know how much it cost. Thanks!
    No, but I think model year 2006 was the last year that did that. You may want to check a junk yard for a total wreck, I don't think the interior colors changed.
  • maverick10011maverick10011 Member Posts: 2
  • maverick10011maverick10011 Member Posts: 2
    I just have experience with my 2003 Sienna with only 58000 miles. After reversing from the parking space, I switched the gear shifter to Drive (D) position and experienced the handle was broken and the gear locked up in the Drive position. I could manage to drive home as normal, approx. 15 miles without any difficulties.

I towed the car to a local dealer and found out the clever, P/N 3305508011, was broken. I believe the clever is made from aluminum casting and failed very clean a straight across its cross section (I have a photo at the broken aluminum casting part while the clever was in its place and still attached to the assembly). Instead of replacing the clever, the dealer has asked me to replace with the whole steering column assembly for $819.00 as a used part and warranty for 6 months. I requested the dealer to give me estimate to replace the broken clever. The dealer gave me an estimate for $619 for replacing the clever P/N 3305508011 ($98.12) and shaft P/N 3350108011 ($101.51) with the labor hours of 3.7 hours. However, the dealer said that if replacing the clever and the shaft, the problem cannot fix and I cannot even drive the car.

I have the following questions and would like to seek your advises:

1.) Why can't my car fix after replacing the broken clever and the shaft? Why it takes 3.7 hours to replace the broken clever that is visible from outside and appears it does not need a lot of effort and it is readily to remove and replace the broken clever?

2.) Why do I need to replace the whole column assembly with a used assembly for $819 (= $350 for the used column asssembly and 4 labor hours)? How reliable is the used steering column? Why it takes 4 hours to replace the column assembly?

3.) What can I do?

Thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking for any drivers out there who can discuss the creative ways they've tried to keep their car clutter-free. There are so many gadgets, toys for kids, stuff for pets and other goods carried along in vehicles today, and he'd like to know how you manage or organize all these things inside your car. If you think you have helpful tips or ideas, please let us know at pr@edmunds.com by Monday December 24th.
  • fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    I tried banning my family (wife, kids, dog) from using our cars as a way of enforcing the 'clean up your damn mess' doctrine, but it didn't work. An uprising ensued, a caucus convened, and I was voted off the island.
  • tbanks204tbanks204 Member Posts: 3
  • tbanks204tbanks204 Member Posts: 3
    Can someone tell me where the Front Power Seats Fuse(s) is located, the manual states it is on the drivers side under the dash, and is a 30 amp, but there is only one 30 amp fuse in that panel, and it is not the correct one. Thanks