Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Pilot Tires and Wheels

Comments

• jh5710jh5710 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Pilot and live in update New York.

I have narrowed my choices to:

A) Nokian WR S.U.V
    B) Michelin Cross Terrain
    c) Michelin LTX M/S

All are around the same price,
    Please Advise
  • zarbazarba Member Posts: 30
    The Goodyears roll under at the slightest hint of cornering, and the big girl just plows. Running the tires at 38-40 psi helps.

I've never been a Goodyear fan, and will replace these with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's when I ge tthe chance.
  • kipkkipk Member Posts: 1,576
    Me thinks you are taking corners a lot faster than I do! :D

I'm not a big fan of Goodyears either. When these go, they will be replaced with Michelin or Yokohama. Our 98 Ram had Goodyears. Always felt like there was one out of balance. Landmark Dodge replaced them with Michelin LT and made us happy campers.

Wife's CR-V has Bridgestone Duelers from the factory. I had a set on a Montero.
    Too noisy, for me, and her's are about worn out at 32K miles. The ones on the Montero didn't last that long. The Duelers do seem to grip the road well, wet or dry.

Kip
  • 77lakepine77lakepine Member Posts: 3
    All tires at 32lbs and spare properly inflated also, the tire pressure monitor light wont go out. Any ideas? Thanks, Ken
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    I did not realize the 05 Pilot had the TPMS. First, I would make sure the reading is taken in the right temperature. I have a 2006 Pilot and the lights were on for awhile. What I tried was to over-inflated it just a a little bit, the light went off and then I took it back to 32. It may work for you too.
  • 77lakepine77lakepine Member Posts: 3
    Yes they sure do.I tried over inflating with no luck. Thanks, Ken
  • joeyjoejoejoeyjoejoe Member Posts: 68
    I've been looking for a complete tire/wheel package to use in place of the spare "doughnut" tire on my '08 Pilot VP. I would also plan to use the full size spare in the regular balance rotations. Hopefully by swapping in and out with a 5th tire, I could make my OEM Bridgestone's last a little longer.

The price, however, of purchasing a new tire, rim, TPMS sensor, and then getting it all balanced and mounted is a little daunting. I realize I wouldn't really need a new set of lug nuts or center cap, so that would save me like $50 or so. The best prices I'm seeing on a slightly used Bridgestone Dueler H/T on ebay is right around $68 shipped and more like $100 something new. The rim would then be another $130 or more and a TPMS sensor is roughly $40. Then there is the cost to have a Honda mechanic mount and balance them to specific instructions.

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get a spare OEM tire? The dealer will probably try to work me on prices as well. Just wondering if anyone has experience. Thanks.
    Here are a couple of Internet wholesale Honda dealers that may be able to help.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/home.htm

You may also want to check with auto salvage yards. The problem will be "matching" your existing wheels for adding to the rotation.

NOTE: To the best of my knowledge wheels/tires are no longer "Xed" as they were in the past. They are simply swapped front to rear each time and remain on the same side of the car. Something to do with the construction of the radial tires, can result in problems when they are "Xed" and forced to change direction of rolling. If that is correct, you wouldn't benefit trying to add the spare to the rotation as it would only be used on one side of the car.

So replacing the donut "Spare" with a full size "Spare" will be a lot less expensive if you aren't trying to match things. Any wheel and lug pattern for a Pilot should work.

FWIW our '03 CR-V has/came with Bridgestone Duelers, and we are as disappointed with them as the other two sets. On 2 other cars. They have been rough riding, and noisy, and at 30K miles, are about worn out. Our '03 Pilot has the Goodyear Integra tires, and with about the same mileage, they appear to have about 1/2 +/- the tread left. I'm not a Goodyear fan, but am impressed with how they have done. Except they seem to have poor stopping ability in wet weather. :)

Kip
    Thanks for the advice kipk. In reading through the Pilot owner's manual (I surprised myself by actually sitting down and reading a manual!) they actually recommend you 'x' them, although I do think there was a specific pattern for the AWD models. I'll have to check later.

I've had a few Goodyear's blow out on me on the interstate and then the ensuing nightmare of dealing with the warranty, so I'll never buy them again. The thing that really annoyed me is I actually purchased the expensive ones compared to the cheap ones I usually get. I never had problems with the cheapo's, but about a year after having the expensive models, two blow on me within a few months. Ridiculous! Anyway, thanks again.
    I was just wondering if anyone knew the rhyme or reason behind some Pilots getting Bridgestone Dueler in comparison to the Goodyear Integrity? I asked a fellow owner and he said only the VP gets the Bridgestone's? Is there any truth to that? Just curious if anyone knows. Thanks.
  • carabelcarabel Member Posts: 43
    My VP has Goodyear Integrity. I wish Honda will use better tires for their future models. My former Sienna lease had Michelins on them. I think good tires are good selling points in competitive SUV segments especially if you are also banking on great safety records. Why not give the truck its all and point it out to consumers.
    I like the Bridgestone's but they don't offer the same "roadside hazard" insurance as Goodyear. For like $11 a tire you can cover it from all sorts of dangers the regular warranty doesn't cover. They also give you free tire rotations whenever you want. I enjoy doing my own work, but getting this big beefy boy up on a jack to rotate the tires myself seems a little daunting.

I might ask the dealer why the difference on my tires. They are both not ranked very highly on tirerack.com or consumerreports.org. As long as they last a few years before I can get some Yoko's or Michelin's on them, they've served their purpose. Thanks for the response. Cheers!
  • bogiejimbogiejim Member Posts: 51
    I have a 2006 Pilot, AWD. I am just going past 31K miles and have noticed recently, under wet conditions, some tire spin when accelerating. These are the original tires that came with the vehicle, I think they are Goodyear Integrity? I am thinking that I am probably approaching the need for new rubber and am looking for some recommendations. I live in So. NH and we have a fair amount of snow in the winter. Most of my driving is around town other than an occasional weekend trip. So I am looking for recommendations for a good "mud & snow" tire. Thanks
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Michelin LTX M+S is the overall very high rated tire
    You can get good price on Costco or BJ
  • mercaramercara Member Posts: 291
    I agree. I think this a very good all-rounder. This is what I plan to get.
  • joemama33joemama33 Member Posts: 26
    I agree with the above posters that the Goodyear Integrity tires on the Pilot are junk. :lemon:
    Flexy sidewalls, poor traction. I'll be replacing mine with Yokos for the winter as just wet pavement results in spinouts.
    I've been driving on the Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S tires for about a week. What a difference. A little more rolling resistance, a little less fuel economy, a LOT more stability.

BTW: I have 4 Goodyear Intregrity 235/75-16 tires with 7K on them that I'll sell for $150 for all four, plus shipping. :D
    I'm not an aggressive driver, but have driven the 03 Pilot through mud, snow, ice, and some serious rain storms.

Never had a spin out in rain. More aggressive treads would have been helpful for the few mud, snow and ice episodes, but the 4WD has always gotten us thru.

Everything considered, the Goodyear Integrity tires have been very acceptable for everyday use year round. Excellent fuel mileage and tread wear. Looks like we will get near 60K from them. Prefer Yokohama or Michelin, but not enough to change tires while these continue to perform as they do. ;)

The Bridgestone Duelers on my wifes CR-V were noisy, rode rough and worn out at 35K. :sick:

Kip
    I'll sell you the next set, cheap!

;)
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Although I don't mind the integrety's, they have worked well (so far). When it is time to change out the tires I will be putting the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires on.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
  • CalifLookieLooCalifLookieLoo Member Posts: 22
    The teen and I went to a large Honda Dealership in Ontario, California yesterday, looking for my future Pilot Touring AWD. The Dealership has tons of 2WD, tons of the other Pilots - only 1 Touring AWD (not my color choices). The dealer told me "You don't really want the Touring with those run-flats, because if you're 50 miles from Las Vegas and have a flat, what are you going to do? There's not a Michelin Dealer on that stretch." He also told me that given the relative small amount of snow in our local mountains an AWD is a waste of money (knowing I'm also going to be hauling horses).......is this guy just trying to move his other Pilots by pointing me away from the Touring; or, is there some truth to his statements?

I know this sounds so naive; but, I know nothing about tires. AWD seemed to me to be the best for light snow and hauling........is it really the waste of money he was "warning" me about?
  • kevman3kevman3 Member Posts: 30
    Anyone ever change the brake pads on an 05 Pilot? 40K on the car, needs brakes. Not in the mood to get ripped off by the dealer right now. Is it easy? Anyone have a video demonstration to share?

Thanks....
    FWIW: I have "heard" of some kind of special problem with the mounting or balancing of "Run Flat" tires, but don't know what it is. Check with you local tire dealers as well as the Honda service department, concerning the tires.

Seems to me, the 4WD Pilots are rated to tow more than the 2WD models. If they are rated higher, it stands to reason they would be better able to handle towing your trailer, with less strain on the Pilot drive train.

While the 4wd cost more in the beginning, they will bring more at trade-in or resale time.

There may be times when you are required to navigate "Loose" road surfaces, such as sand, mud, snow, and so forth. The 2WD models will likely handle it with the traction control kicking in, under normal conditions. However, there are times, Especially when towing, that extra traction may be needed. Then the 4WD can be very helpful. We never know where we are going to be when, or if, 4wd is needed. Just because we live in one type of terrain/climate doesn't mean we won't travel to another.

Our 4WD '03 Pilot gets the same or better mileage as being reported on the 2wd models. I just can't come up with a good reason to not get 4wd in a vehicle of this type.

One last thing. Even though the 09 pilots have the integrated trailer hitch, there is NO WIRING PLUG. You will have to pay extra to get the wiring plug installed.
    Is that stupid or what? Be sure it is a 7 pin connector so you can tow trailers with electric brakes if necessary.

But I've been around a while and tend to error on the side of caution. Would rather have it and not need it, than the other way. ;)

Kip
  • CalifLookieLooCalifLookieLoo Member Posts: 22
    Thank you, kipk

I called CostCo Tire Center, and was told that the problem with the "PAX" Michelin Run Flats that Honda uses on the Pilot Touring and the Odyssey is that ONLY a Honda Certified tech can change the tire if it goes flat! The new tire is already placed in a rim and has to be bought that way.

I'm glad you told me that I would need a WIRING PLUG with a SEVEN pin connector!
    Can't believe Honda would "cheap out" on that; especially, on a vehicle with a $40,000 MSRP (Honda, are you listening?) :confuse:

I live on a dirt/gravel road (I pour bags of gravel in the ruts when they get too deep) :shades:
    and feel like the traction of an AWD would help me out if I should need to haul the horses and llamas in an emergency situation (like one of California's fire seasons),
    so I plan to stick to the AWD..........like you, I'd rather err on the side of caution! Thank you for your input!
  • vin14vin14 Member Posts: 2
    Replaced my Integritys after 60K miles on my Pilot (the Duelers on my CR-v only got 32k) with the General Grabber HTS. Went one size larger (235 vs. 225 because of availability)

Problem is the Pilot seems to drag more and gas mileage has dropped about 20%. Tires are inflated to 35 and after 60k, my feel for mileage is pretty good. A highway trip would net me 20-21 mpg, now I'm at 16-17, local driving is down to 13.

All fluids have been replaced, new air cleaner, etc.

Is the drop off because of the brand change in tires or is the larger size screwing things up?

I know the one size up should reflect a slight difference.

Should I get these tires changed to the factory size?
  • bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    There is no way an increase of one tire size 225 to 235 will account for your recent considerable loss in mpg. It may affect the mileage a small amount but not nearly to the degree your are mentioning. Something else must be wrong other than tires.
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    Increase of one larger tire size probably would alter your speedometer reading at various speeds. I.e. increase =s about five miles per hour change. Translates into at 65 mph with larger size is really increasing your actual speed to about 69/70 mph. Now can it affect your mpg? I don't know but it seems it could,

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Well it has come time to replace the tires on "The Beast" and I have settled on 2 sets. I want others opinions on the tires I am comparing.

1st, both sets are the standard size for the 2006 Pilot EX (235 / 70 R16).
    2nd, I wanted to keep total cost under $180 per tire.
    3rd, I am not dealing with Tirerack.com, heard way to many bad things about them. I'm going straight to the Tire Manufacturers dealer.

1st tire - Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor
    2nd tire - Yokohama Geolander A/T-S

Compare:
    Goodyear - 50k Treadlife, Kevlar layer, strong on & off capable, dual grove system, rim protection bead system.

Yokohama - 40k treadlife, reinforced sidewall for better onroad handling, quad grove system for all weather / all terrain.

Price (through tire dealers):
    Goodyear - $175 per tire. Includes lifetime Roadhazard warrenty, every 6k mile rebalance & rotation, & every 18k 4 wheel alignment at no charge.

Yokohama - $120 per tire. Includes every 5k rebalance & rotation.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
  • justaveragejoejustaveragejoe Member Posts: 268
    Not only does the speedo reading decrease, the odometer also reads less. You are really driving farther than the odomoter says. The car will sit a little higher, which will catch a little more wind and cause more drag.
  • nasgroupnasgroup Member Posts: 14
    Hey All,

I always look at the max tire pressure on the sidewall of the tire to determine my desired air pressure. The GoodYear Fortera tires have a max of 50 PSI. For vehicle tires that is a big number, as they are normally in the max range of mid to upper 30's. With a 50 psi max, I would inflate to about 45 psi, as that will help with tire longevity.

The owners manual recommends 32 psi but doesn't specify a specific brand of tire, just the tire size. Does anyone have a different tire than the Fortera, and what is the max psi on the sidewall.

I feel that 32psi is too low for a tire with a max PSI of 50..so what are you folks setting your tires to???
    The mfg recommended pressure is there to give the best ride, mileage and longevity of the tire, depending on the weight of the vehicle.

A heavier vehicle might call for more tire pressure. In the case of a tire with 50# max on the sidewall simply means the tire should not be used on a vehicle that requires more than 50# and don't inflate to more than 50#..

Over inflating a tire for the vehicles weight will increase mileage a bit. HOWEVER the reason for this increase is that there is less tire tread on the road to cause resistance to rolling. The Pilot, in this case, will be riding on the center of the tire's treads, and those treads will wear faster that the outer treads. Usable tire will wear out much faster. Less tread on the road can also result in longer stopping distances as well as less tread on the road to hold the car tracking in emergency maneuvers. Less traction!! What is saved in fuel will be spent many times over in early tire replacement, ride and safety.

Keep in mind that just a few inches difference in stopping can make the difference in hitting something or barely missing it.

Under inflated tires result in the outer tread wearing quicker than the middle tread, poorer mileage due to excessive rolling resistance, and sidewalls squashing (rolling over) easier on emergency maneuvers.

Automotive manufactures pay folks a heap of money to develop the best tire pressure for the various vehicles. A Pilot may come with 1 of several makes of tires, yet the recommended pressure is probably the same.

My 03 Pilot has Goodyear Integra tires and the recommended pressure is 32# as my car and yours weight about the same.

You trusted them to build a reliable car. So trust them to know the best pressure for the tires they put on it. The KEY is to know if your tire gauge is accurate.

I get near 26 MPG on the highway with 2 aboard at at 65 miles per hour. The car has near 40K miles on the clock, and the tire tread is at about half.

I recently did the "Chalk" test again, and the result showed 34# best for my tires and my car, using the gauge I keep in it, and use on that car only. Another tire gauge, I keep in the CR-V, shows the Pilot tires at 32 pounds. I don't know which gauge is correct, but I use just the Pilot's gauge and things seems to work out well at 34# . The CR-V's gauge is used exclusive for the CR-V. The key is to have the entire tread exerting the same pressure on the road. That way the tires wear evenly, last longer, ride the best, and handle as they should.

(Chalk test can be viewed on post 61.)

Kip.
  • amyjesseemmaamyjesseemma Member Posts: 1
    I am doing my research as it is time to get new tires for my 2003 Honda Pilot. I bought it new with Integrity tires that did well. We had to replace them on the road after a blow out (hubby hit something). Don't remember what thoes were, but needed to be replaced within 25000miles. The new tires are horrible as we have had a lot of difficulty with balancing my tires and it has affecting wear. It took over 50,000 miles for the first set to need replacing, and I have gone through 2 sets of tires over the similar mileage. I thought about going back to the Integrity tires, but now am reading about the "road loading" thing and wondering if that affected the wear on the 2nd and 3rd sets. Can anyone tell me more about this? :confuse:
  • jacks2jacks2 Member Posts: 45
    What type of spare tire does the 4WD 2010 EX-L and the 2010 Touring 4WD have?

Is it compact or full size, I'm unable to get a consistent answer from salespeople at dealerships.

Thanks
    Found out yesterday that the spare on my '03 Pilot EX-L is a "Temporary". It is imprinted on the sidewall in large letters.

If everything else fails, look under the car. The tire/wheel are easily visible. If the wheel is an ugly black thing, the tire is most likely a thin but correct height temporary. It is rated to hold 60# of air and not be driven over 50 mph.

With a flashlight you may be able to see "Temporary" on the side wall.

NOTE: FWIW the valve stem is facing up, so the tire has to be lowered to check the air pressure.

Mine had 15#. Recon I need to check it more often than every 7 years. :sick:

Kip
    Kip

Thanks for your reply. One would think sales staff would have the answer which leads me to believe they either just don't know or just skirting the issue. Ironically the 2010 brochure neglects to mention the spare tire.
    Even called a general manager of a local dealership, he claimed he doesn't know and has not gotten back to me. I asked two owners I saw parked at a local mall and neither had a clue.
    Just so happens that I had the spare out yesterday (1st time) to make room to change out the VTM fluid.

I'm thinking that a tire rotation , as done these days, is simply moving the front tires to the back and visa versa. So a temporary spare is no big deal, and the spare would not be used in the rotation anyway. But I could be wrong on that.

I keep a can of "Fix a Flat" and a small electric tire pump that plugs into one of the Pilot's Power outlets, just in case. The spare was really nasty, and would be a real hassle if seriously needed.

Overall we have been extremely pleased with our Pilot. Not unusual to get 25-28 MPG on the road at 60-70 mph. Not bad for a 4WD vehicle of this size and weight.

As a first year model, it has had it's share of recalls and a few, (very few) problems. Biggest complaint I have is road noise and wind noise. But my understanding is that the latest models have addressed those problems.

We recently replaced my wifes 03 CR-V with a new 09 Toyota RAV4. While we were there I checked out a Highlander. From what I've read the Highlander is 1-2 seconds quicker to 60 mph than the Pilot and is rated at a bit better mileage. And that is a good thing. However even our 03 Pilot just simply seems better built with better quality. More storage inside and a more solid feel. Just wish it had the "PERFORMANCE" of the Highlander. :shades:
    I understand the Honda temp tire is recommend for about 60 miles at 50mph. My trips are about 400 miles of all night freeway driving in areas without tire service. The can of tire repair is a good suggestion. Does the pilot come with a full size rim and will the vehicle accommodate a full size spare?

Thanks again.
    As close as I can measure up side down, the diameter of the rim looks to be the same as the wheels on the ground, but not as wide.

Disclaimer: The following is the way I do it. Not necessarily the way anyone else would. Works for me, but may not for you. These are simply suggestions. Proceed at your own risk.

Options:

- try mounting a narrower "Real" tire on the spare rim
    - see if dealer can supply you a real rim and tire (expensive)
    - from a tire store, purchase a cheap painted rim and a tire with the same height as the ones on the ground.

Looks to be plenty of room in the spare well for a full size set up

The "Fix-a-Flat" can is about the size of a can of spray paint. Not enough air to pump up a tire. It contains a powder that will clog up a small hole. Such as made by a nail and the nail is still in the tire.

NOTE: I've been told that Fix-A-Flat can mess up the air pressure device on the tire monitoring system of the tire it was put into. I think the device is on the valve stem itself or on the valve cap.

Leave the nail in the tire, spray in the "Fix-a-Flat and pump up the tire with a small compressor. It is self contained, the 15-20 foot wire and the hose are stored inside the unit, It will plug into any of the round 1" diameter "Power Ports", (cigar lighter) and so forth in your car. Seems mine came from Wal-Mart Automotive Department and cost $30-$40. Weighs just 1-2 # and has a red light that can be set to blink or not blink. Also a built in pressure gauge to let you know how much pressure is in the tire. Most automotive stores/departments sell them. Mine is old and relatively slow and pumps up a tire at a rate of about 2# per minute. But it has pumped up a lot of tires over the years. Mostly stranger's tires. A totally flat tire might take 15-18 minutes to pump up, but a low tire may only take 5 minutes or so.

The newer compressors are much faster than mine. Just be sure it doesn't pull more current than the circuit is fused at. My Pilot's rear Power outlet is rated at 10 amps. I've never blown a fuse with the compressor. Either the box or a label on the compressor will tell you how many amps it draws. ie "8 amp input"

For a hole where the nail came out, the powder may not work and I would not even try, Instead, use a tubeless tire patch kit similar to the one tire stores use. It is a small hand held device that pushes a small piece of rubber into the hole. The rubber is covered with glue and stays in place if the hole doesn't have powder in it. Then pump up the tire with the mini compressor. If the hole isn't easy to find, pump some air into the tire and listen for the escaping air.

If the tire is cut- Break out the spare! :sick:

Think about this: You get a flat in the middle of nowhere. You put on the spare and now you have no back up tire in case you get another flat. I prefer to fix, patch, or repair the tire while it is still on the vehicle if possible, and still have the spare available. Tire patch kits and jumper cables are in all my vehicles. And in case some bad person wants to take advantage of my plight? I have the means to defend me and mine! :shades:

Kip
    Thanks, I appreciate the info.
    Read the note concerning the tire pressure monitoring system.
  • mozillamozilla Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Pilot and my TPMS indicator is on at least once a month. The tire pressure is ~22 when the light comes on. It happens randomly to any of the tires, all the time. The dealer has been unhelpful; tells me that "wide temperature changes cause tire pressure changes." I'm in So Cal; that answer is ridiculous.
    I've met other Honda owners at gas stations putting air in their tires with the same problem. Anyone else with the same issue? Anyone who's got a fix? This is a really annoying problem.
    :confuse:
  • hcassidyhcassidy Member Posts: 3
    HELP.....
    I'm on my 3rd set of new tires in the past 30 days and can not eliminate the vibration experienced at speeds of 65-80MPH. The tires feel like they have a "waddle" or are slightly out of balance. I've tried two sets of Firestones(present set is Destination LE) and the General Grabber HTS. The present set was installed by TireRack and supposedly RoadForce Variation balanced. Vehicle only has 55,000 miles and I NEVER had an issue at all with the original GoodYear Integritys.
    I see that others have had this issue too but haven't seen any firm resolutions.
    You might want to consider getting the tires installed and balanced at your local Honda dealer.

Our Honda dealer matches the price of local tire dealers. We had a set of Michelin "Harmony" installed by the dealer, on my wifes CR-V, and they ran fine.

Nobody knows your Honda as well as your Honda dealer. :)

Kip
  • tb22tb22 Member Posts: 2
    The spare tire retention system on my Honda Pilot is broken. I turn the hex nut and the wire neither raises nor lowers the tire. Any help on a fix or replacement would be appreciated.
    What position is the tire in right now?
  • tb22tb22 Member Posts: 2
    I removed the spare tire and removed the crank assembly.
  • glv2glv2 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2006 with the original Bridgestone tires on it. They have @ 45,000 mi on them and I am looking to replace them soon. Which are the best replacement tires for this Pilot?
  • hcassidyhcassidy Member Posts: 3
    After 3 sets in 45 days, I ended up with the Michelin Cross Terrains. By far the best tire for my Pilot. I had vibration issues with the General Grabber HTS, Firestone Destination AT and Destination LE.
  • denver5357denver5357 Member Posts: 319
    I went to a new owner clinic at our dealer in January after buying our 2010 Pilot. The dealer's service people said they suggest inflating the tired 4 lbs over what it says on the door, and that gives enough play to keep the TPMS from going off. Now, I'm at altitude in Denver, so you may need a different number where you are. But we have huge swings in temps, as much as 50 degrees in 24 hours, and so far (knock on wood) the TPMS hasn't gone off.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    10 degree lower mean 1 lb less ... calculate the difference of low temp and the temp you are putting in air ... add 2 extra pound if temp is 50 degree time you add air and the avg low is 30 degree.