Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Navigation System

124»

Comments

• howardruhowardru Member Posts: 155
    Ha! Don't count on it.

I just bought an 09 CX-7 and it still has the same disc as my 08 CX-9. Good luck visiting Mazda. The dealer will do squat and look at you like you have 2 heads and Mazda USA will give you great lip service but ultimately you'll get nowhere.

I would love to hear one person on any board say that Mazda has sent them an updated map disc for free......just one....
  • howardruhowardru Member Posts: 155
    Just got my Revision F disc for 2008. Version 1. Most files are November 2008.

Life is good!
  • gij667gij667 Member Posts: 1
    My family and I have recently relocated to Italy. Does anyone know where I can find Eurpean Maps from my 2008 CX-7?
  • jdtomori70jdtomori70 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Mazda CX-7 with the Bose package. After the vehicle was about 6 months old, the radio/cd would mute all sound on its own upon startup. The lights were active and all functions would display but no sound would come out. The only way to fix this was to turn the vehicle off and restart it. I have been through 4 radios and the problem has only gotten worse. They said it was an ABS switch and it was ok for about 2 months but now its doing it again. I'm on the 4th radio and now its worse than ever! Now it also cuts out after being on for a few minutes. This is purely unacceptable. Mazda has dragged their feet and have not been very helpful at all.
    Does anyone out there have a similar problem or have and recommendations?
    Thanks
  • chuffman1chuffman1 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring with the Navigation package. I called Mazda support center, they told me the 2007 model did not come with bluetooth. However, I have something on the ceiling (to the left of the cieling microphone) above the driver's head, which appears to be bluetooth. At night, it lights up with a blue light. It looks like bluetooth. The vehicle was leased before I purchased it and I don't think it was an after-market installation. Does anyone know what this is? Can anyone give info on who I need to contact to get bluetooth installed in the 2007 model? How much it costs?

I'm confused why the car came with this on the ceiling of the car if there is no use for it.

Thank you very much.
  • gobluejdgobluejd Member Posts: 41
    I have the 07 GT as well. That light your referring to is "accent lighting". It just throws a "blue" light over the radio/shift knob area. Your car DOES NOT have OEM BT.
  • chuffman1chuffman1 Member Posts: 2
    Good to know, thanks.

Does anyone know IF bluetooth can be installed and used with the navigation PKG? (I'd like to be able to make phone calls and speak through the ceiling microphone used for the navigation commands and hear the person through the car speakers.) And approximately how much something like that would cost??
  • pandamimibearpandamimibear Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I own 2007 CX7 and just encounter a problem with my nav system. I was listening to my CD while driving and switched back to Nav (I have the system set up as "manual"). When I hit NAV button, the screen didn't show up. I freaked out and hit MENU button but still black screen. The music was still playing so I hit back AUDIO and audio screen had no problem showing up. I hit Display, and that showed too. So long story short, for some reasons, Map is not showing up.

I also realize that there wasn't any beeping sound when I hit NAV or MENU but Audio, yes. I also hit the voice commando button on the wheel and that didn't work neither. I restarted the car and realize that warning screen never show too.

HELP! I just bought this car a year ago and it's too early for problem.... Does anyone had the same problem? Know why?? ugh...so frustrating.... :cry:
  • nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    Hi, I'm new to this board. I just purchased a 2007 CX7 with nav. It won't manually accept the name of my home city (hammond). I suppose this means I need an update or am I not doing it correctly? The second "m" is grayed out. Also with the smart key, aren't the doors supposed to unlock automatically when I walk up to the door? I have ordered an owners manual so I can't check it myself. Thanks.
  • allendballendb Member Posts: 8
    The GPS unit in the CX-7 has the US divided up into several parts. You have to select which part you want to query, input to. This may or may not be your problem. Its selectable on the left side of the address screen (maybe). Good Luck.
  • bostonrefbostonref Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2009 mazda 6 with Bose centerpoint pkg.
    The sound is muted for anywhere between 30 sec and 4 minutes after starting the car. with me the lights were active and all functions would display but no sound would come out also. I am waiting to speak to a service tech about the issue. It seems to be cold weather related as it was in the single digits today and took almost 5 min for the sound to kick in. The average is about 2 minutes though. It won't be warm around here for a couple of months but I'm not counting on the weather to solve this. I am also looking for answers and a fix.
    :confuse:
    Thanks for the reply. I found by just scrolling through all the options. I'm in La. and the map was set for Maryland.
  • lghavenlghaven Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 CX7 which I have owned for a year. My navigation dvd player recently quit working and was told it would cost $2900 to replace it!! I am hoping to find a used one at a decent price. Any suggestions on websites would be helpful.
    I took the wife's car, a '08 CX-7, for a two hour drive to the city and back.. After a bit I realized that in the lower right hand corner of the nav display there was NO GPS speed. There was a black X. I even put in a destination to turn on guide and still there was no GPS speed. Did I accidentally turn something off or am I just outta my mind because there never was a GPS speed in the lower right corner of the display?

Thanks, Allen
    I have an '07 but I've never seen an indicated speed on the nav unit.
  • caliche67caliche67 Member Posts: 27
    I recently purchased a 2010 CX-7 GT AWD. Does anyone know if you can chose to turn the Navigation Display to the OFF position when you do not want to use it? I traded a 2008 CX-T GT AWD for this one, and I also still have a 2008 CX-9 GT AWD. The two 2008s (CX-7 & CX-9) have a "Display On/Off" option that allows for you to turn off/on the Nav display at your own leisure, but it seems that in the 2010 CX-7 the display is always ON as long as the car is running or the ignition switch is ON. Any tips? I've researched the manual but nothing. Thanks!
  • caliche67caliche67 Member Posts: 27
    I recently purchased a 2010 CX-7 GT AWD. Does anyone know if you can chose to turn the Navigation Display to the OFF position when you do not want to use it? I traded a 2008 CX-T GT AWD for this one, and I also still have a 2008 CX-9 GT AWD. The two 2008s (CX-7 & CX-9) have a "Display On/Off" option that allows for you to turn off/on the Nav display at your own leisure, but it seems that in the 2010 CX-7 the display is always ON as long as the car is running or the ignition switch is ON. Any tips? I've researched the manual but nothing. Thanks!
  • bcp1bcp1 Member Posts: 21
    A free update from Mazda or Denso wont happen in this life time. At least the price has come down, when I tried to purchase it last year at the dealer they wanted $299.00. I upgraded my TomTom to a 240XL with a special placement holder which I can use in any vehicle.

The TomTom cost less than a Denso upgrade and has much more information than the unit on the CX-7 with or without their upgrade.
  • stressedoutstressedout Member Posts: 4
    Hi there! I just bought a used CX-7 about a month ago. I really like the car - but have noticed a "jerk" when driving especially at highway speeds. Whats up with that???? Also - my navigation screen just blacked out TODAY! Sounds just like the problem the person described in message #158. Any ideas on what might be the trouble??? Thanks for any advice!
    Well - since no one answered me.......I decided to do what I guess I should have done in the first place. I called a Mazda dealership! I have an appointment today. Luckily the factory warranty is still in place for a bit longer. We purchased an extended warranty when we bought the car - but I was told that it will not cover things such as navagation issues. Anyway - maybe I can answer message 158 from January after my appointment with the dealership today. Looks like that message never got a reply either. Thanks.
  • spl2000spl2000 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 CX-7 sport with CP. I was thinking if it would be possible to buy a GPS and somehow connect its display output to the MID (multi information display) of the car. Any thoughts on that?
  • larrykeithlarrykeith Member Posts: 3
    I am having a similar issue with my navigation. The screen is black now when I switch over to the nav. I can hear the dvd drive spinning up/down a lot. What did you end up doing?
    I ended up taking it to a Mazda dealership. They told me my nav unit was bad and had to be replaced. Thankfully it was still under warranty (but only for 2 more weeks!!!!) Anyway - all is well now. Works like a charm. Hopefully you still have factory warranty left on your CX-7. Good Luck.
    oh - and by the way.... the "jerk" i felt when driving was due to the computer needing to be reset...or something like that. Anyway - when I took it in to have the nav replaced they reset the computer and no more jerkiness. (is that a word???)
    Drives great now!
  • prestonp83prestonp83 Member Posts: 1
    Brought my 2007 cx-7 to Germany and now the navigation is not working for Europe. The dealership says its not going to happen but I ran into a guy who fixed the problem in his cx-7 becuse he found the disc. Anybody know what to do?
  • flendermflenderm Member Posts: 3
    You can use the DVD from the Mazda 6 with the denso navigation system. I think it's model year 2006/7. The newest system from the mazda 6 is not working and the older one around 2005 is not working to. If you need more the eastern region you can also download the dvd at:
    http://bezpaleva.ru/soft/1153357374-mazda-cx-7skh-9-navigation-dvd-eastern-europ- e.html
    hope this helps!
  • ricky1113ricky1113 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All

Can any tell me i hv own cx-7 07 model from japan so the gps i cant use. Any one can help to provide software upgrade the version to english use in Malaysia Map ? I really thanks if can help me to solve this matter.

thousand thanks
    ricky
  • jccx7jccx7 Member Posts: 1
    If I could write my issue with my CX7 Navi system -- I would write it just like you did!!! When I speed on the expressway, same thing happens, it kind of feels like it "knows" your speeding and it jerks it to slow down LOL. But same exact experience with my music and found out about my Navi blacking out the same exact way with the AUDIO working fine. :confuse:

Did you ever figure out the problem? Is that a manufacturer issue? or is there some sort of update required with MAZDA?
  • atlantahappeatlantahappe Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 2007 CX-7 here and Mazda tells me I'm SOL and won't be able to download Finnish/European maps in this car. Say it isn't so. I know I can get a 90€ GPS but the whole point is a convenient GPS with no suction cups on the window... Really would appreciate any ideas!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The Juusota cheese gets the grease (sorry, couldn't resist - have some Finnish squeaky cheese in the frig right now).

I wonder if they have recycle yards there and whether you could swap out the whole factory nav for a euro spec one?
  • kbjhkbjh Member Posts: 4
    The Navigation system DVD drive in my 2008 CX-7 has stopped working and the dealer tells me it will be $2000+ to replace it with a new one. Does anyone have any experience buying one of these on the second-hand market or getting it repaired? You can hear the drive working while it attempts to read the disk, but it never reads it.
    I apologize for not responding with an answer but doesn't the basic warranty cover it? I too have a 2008 CX-7 with the nav subsystem and expect that it would be covered.
    We have exceeded the basic warranty mileage...so no warranty coverage applies. I guess I should have mentioned that.
  • larrykeithlarrykeith Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a DVD drive on eBay. I just made sure that the model number matched. I paid $300 for mine.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try EBay.
  • mateoalonzomateoalonzo Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I had the same problem happen just the other day. Did you get any response on what it might be? My car is a 2007 as well...
    The dealer said it is dead and needs to be replaced...nothing more.
  • abailey2abailey2 Member Posts: 1
    WE bought our car used, the original owner was from California and moved to Utah. Where we purchased the car. We have tried deleting the previous owners home destination and POIs, and it wil save them until you turn the car off. Once you start ther.car back up, its back to all of the California presets. Help!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
  • cx7nasty1cx7nasty1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello to everyone, new to the forum. We are the proud owners of our second CX-7. We chose not to purchase the extended warranty when we recently purchased a used 2008 GT. We loved the car so much we upgraded from a 07 to a 08, everything is working great but am wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this issue, after reading all the posts here I fear I may be spending an additional 2K to fix it.. When we start the vehicle the navigation screen "flickers" everything works, it just flickers and the screen does seem "dimmer" than our 07 did (even after adjusting brightness and or contrast). Any tips or troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated
  • caliburned1caliburned1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi All. Apologies if anyone has posted about this (I couldn't find any posts), but is there anyone that doesn't drive past a Dunkin Donuts every 3 minutes?
    Why is it that when I search by name, I get 2 results... and the closest DD I get is 2 hrs away in the next state? It knows my home location in CT. It knows where I am on the map, so....
    I've tried selecting 'current location' and whatever else is on that screen when you're searching by name, and still get nothing!? ... even if i can see one down the road!? My old Garmin Nuvi would give me a hundred results with direction and time to get there.... and not ask me if I want to find destinations 'near my current location' . No, really, I want to find a DD in Florida while I'm in Connecticut. Geesh! I really have nothing good to say about this NAV system (2008 CX7 GT).
    Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening? No, I'm not going to spend $200 on the 2010/11 DVD ;) Thanks!
  • lulusboutiquelulusboutique Member Posts: 16
    Jonathon Ramsey RSS feed
    Posted Mar 12th 2012 11:31AM
    287176 Comments160

Mazda is taking the steps necessary to right its financial ship, but when a patient has this kind of issue, the cure can hurt just as much. The small, independent carmaker has been hurt by its relatively Japan-centric manufacturing base and the strength of the yen, the loss of Ford as a noteworthy stakeholder and the resulting loss of financial cushion. Mazda is expected to post a $1.2 billion loss for its 2011 financial year, which is smaller than earlier estimates but it's still the fourth losing year in a row and the largest in a decade.

The need to act has forced Mazda North America into a five-month plan to shed a number of its 701 employees for leaner running. Select employees will be offered a buyout package, and if voluntary uptake isn't sufficient then involuntary dismissals will occur. The timeline begins this month with lump-sum offers, followed by layoffs at the end of May if necessary, and the stretch to August will see the transition of personnel into the restructured organization.

Mazda is also issuing shares to raise $1.9 billion in order to aid its position and get production started in Mexico and Thailand. It is also aggressively seeking a partner and considering licensing its SkyActiv technology.
  • gmancx7gmancx7 Member Posts: 2
    anyone know where i can get a navagation disk