Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Package and Option Questions

ohsilveradomanohsilveradoman Member Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Chevrolet
Looking to purchase a new 2007 Chevy Silverado within the next month. I am refering to the new design and not the "classic". I have the MSRP and Invoice price for the LT1 extended cab which I got from Edmunds.com I am very curious if anyone has purchased one lately and what price I should expect the dealers to remain firm on. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am purchasing with a one time check and don't get any "plan" price breaks. Thank you.

Comments

• KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Be sure to keep an eye on our Chevy Silverado: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences discussion.
  • jreaganjreagan Member Posts: 285
    I just ordered a 2007 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4x4 with the 6.0L fully loaded and after several weeks of research and dealer hopping. The best deal seems to be Invoice less any factory incentives/rebates. I qualified for the $1000 Loyalty/Conquest rebate, so I bought for invoice less $1000.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    That's one helluva deal my friend. ALL the Chevy dealers in N. ILL. are ONLY discounting 10% OFF sticker. And as of yet (which I think will change by Spring) NO cash incentives.
    Just about every dealer in the Minneapolis/St Paul area was willing to sell me a truck at invoice if I ordered it. Not sure if they would sell one off their lot for invoice though. I even had one dealer offer to sell at $250 under invoice. The only current factory incentives/rebates on the new body GM trucks is a $1000 Loyalty/Conquest rebate available to qualified customers. Keep in mind that dealers still make money selling at invoice through "holdbacks" and other factory to dealer discounts. I believe dealer holdbacks are typically about 6%. For reference: I ordered a 2007 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4x4 fully loaded with everything except navigation with the 6.0L and 20" wheels and electric sunroof. The price: $38K after $1K rebate.
    PS: 10% off MSRP and Invoice are nearly the same deal. My truck stickered out at about $43K. 10% off that ($4300) is $38,700. It was the $1000 rebate and the $2500 extra my dealer offered for my trade that closed my deal. My 2000 GMC was only appraised at $9000 by several dealers and my dealer gave me $11,500.
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    Congrats..... :)

Rocky
  • 1offroader1offroader Member Posts: 208
    I ordered a Silverado on Dec. 30, but the factory was closed the week of New Years and re-opened on Jan. 8. The factory received the electronic order on Jan. 8. I received confirmation today from the dealer that the truck would be built the week of Feb. 12. He said it takes 3-4 weeks after it's built for delivery (the trucks are assembled in Canada, and I live in So. Cal.) He said delivery time can also be affected by weather, esp. in winter. I am expecting arrival in late Feb. or more likely early March. So, total time from order to delivery is approx. 8-9 weeks. I suppose delivery time might be a little different depending on where you live.
    Looking for feedback on what to expect for delivery time for the new body style 2007 GMC Sierra SLT w/6.0l I ordered on Jan 22nd. The dealer told me 4-6 weeks, but I have been hearing anywhere from 4-10 weeks. Anyone have any opinions or experiences to share? I am hoping to take delivery by March 15th in order to get in on the Loyalty incentive, or at least by April 3 for the Trade-in Allowance incentive.
  • vmax2007vmax2007 Member Posts: 46
    I ordered a very similar truck and received it in about 6 weeks. Did you get yours yet?

Mike
    2007 VortecMax owner
  • z71redneckz71redneck Member Posts: 5
    I do not know about everyone who praises this truck 2008 lt1 z71 with 18 inch optional off road tires. But when I go off road I take tow ropes a winch, shovel, Hi-Jack lift ect... but guess what CHEVY did not give me a spare tire to use while in 4 wheel drive?????? Heartbeat of America is having a heart attack. CHEVY Z71 the way in your BOOTS the way out
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    You do know that offroading your vehicle voids your warranty, be it Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc.

The Z71 package IIRC gives you Bilstien shocks, HD springs, AT tires, and a few other items. If you want to truely offroad, I wouldn't take any full-sized pickup truck.

-mike
  • z71redneckz71redneck Member Posts: 5
    I would not call what I use my truck for off roading as much as a way of life. In the winter on the road I have an 80 mile commute to the nearest wall mart. Highway 191 through the Gallatin canyon north of Yellowstone park 4 wheel drive is needed the entire way. If I get a flat My cell phone nor on star has reception. Changing tires to my non useable in four wheel drive provided spare presents a dangerous situation you would not want to be in!! I will purchase an extra wheel and tire but I think Chevy should provide one in the future with the off road package!! Driving forest service roads into the woods in Montana during Hunting season will not void your warranty but may not be the place you want to have a flat tire in a full size pick up without a useable spare in four wheel drive.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    If those are your conditions, then you need to modify ANY truck you buy.

The Z71 is really not a whole lot more than an appearance package to be honest. I'm not Chevy fanboi or anything like that but it is what it is. If you feel the whole package is bad, then buy something that suits you better.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    I think the problem z71redneck is having is due to the fact that GM has a 17" spare on his truck. The owners manual states that if the 17" rim is used it is not to be used in 4WD mode. Being that the z71 package comes standard with 4WD it makes no sense to put that spare on a 4WD truck if you can't use it in 4WD mode. GM while trying to save a buck should've owned up and put on a spare that can be used in 4WD mode.

While some manufacturers use the same rims all around making for a 5 wheel rotation, GM uses the cheapest rims they got for a spare and that isn't even talking about the crap tire they use (Generals). So the question is. If you're in 4WD mode due to the weather and get a flat, you can no longer use 4WD until you get the original tire back on.

I had the same problem with my Denali. It came with a mismatched sized rim and tire for a spare. For my Titan it isn't so bad I got crap in all 5 spots spare included. ;)
  • olliemaeolliemae Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Just bought a 2009 1500 Sierra 4wd, crewcab, SLE. It comes with 17" passenger tires!!! I drive a lot of rocky roads and have had to replace 2 tires, with less then 7,000 miles on the truck!!! First flat replaced at 1500 miles, 2nd flat at 7,000 miles. Both tires had slit across the belt. Not patchable. Any one have the same problem? Did GMC put yuck tires on an off road truck (I paid extra for 17: on-off road tires!) for cost containment, better gas mileage, or why??? Really don't care why, just wondering if a common problem and how I can get GMC to pay out! Thanks
This discussion has been closed.