Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Sebring Coupe

zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
I was looking forward to the debut of this model but was quite disappointed with the styling. Chrysler made a big mistake. They used the Crossfire styling as a theme. That styling is dated already. They would have been better off using the 300 if they wanted to copy a style. I note that Toyota didn't feel it had to copy a style in designing the new Camry. This is the problem with American designers. Just check out the grill on the new Lincoln SUV.

Comments

• 14871487 Member Posts: 2,407
    Toyota copied BMW in the rear styling of the Camry, this has been widely noted.

I dont think the Sebring looks like anything else on the road and in person it's not nearly as ugly as I thought. It's pretty distinctive and it has a lot of features. I'd rather have an aura but on many levels the Sebring is competitive, especially with the Sonata and Fusion. It's also much cheaper than a comparable Camry or Accord.
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    Good points 1487. Truth is I guess every car does some imitating. But you can look at what Americans are buying in large numbers and get a sense of what the American taste is. For example GM discovered that we like the dashboard design in the Japanese cars. Take a look at the Aura dash to see how GM adapts. The design of the Sebring, while distinctive, is not in tune with what Americans seem to want. Certainly the design of the 300 was original and hit a home run. My money is not on the Sebring in the design category.
  • 14871487 Member Posts: 2,407
    yeah but I bet many people who like the 300 will like the Sebring. I have seen quite a few on the road already. The car would be criticized if it was bland so they tried to be daring. I like the fusion and Aura better but neither offer as many features as the Sebring.
    I have seen some criticism in Motor Trend, I think. In any event, let's see how it sells. I truly hope it does well.
    Happy New Year
  • csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    before getting an Optima for my wife.

Despite the fact that they share (modified) 2.4 liter engines, the Sebring seemed a lot louder and cruder than the Optima.

Although the interior looks a step cleaner than the Dodge Caliber it trails the Optima by a fair amount in the fit and finish department.
  • hooshoos Member Posts: 7
    We did a test drive as well, as I needed to replace my 300M.

I was OK with the styling, and the accessories were pretty well done. However, LOTS of engine noise and the plastic in the interior is awfully cheap looking.
    OK-- The new Sebring has been out for several months now and there's absolutely no action on these boards-- what gives? No one buying the car?

Also-- The Sebring sub-boards aren't divided between 07 and earlier cars. This will present all sorts of problems in the future as people discuss two completely different platforms on the same forums.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, csandste,

We currently have two discussions for the 2007 model -- this one and the 2007 Chrysler Sebring: First Drive. Once this discussion for this model gets going, I agree that it'll make sense to split it up according to its specific issues. If you'd like to open another topic now, feel free to do so -- just click the "Add a Discussion" link at the top of the Sebring group.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• giggsgiggs Member Posts: 41
    I count myself among the many who traditionally bashed the North American car manufacturer and its Union masters for bellying up to the trough for far too long. However, I have recently felt compassion for the rank and file who have been lead mindlessly to the slaughterhouse and to that end saw fit to lay down some cold hard cash in the past year on two separate N/A sedans. the 'o6 Impala was a pleasant surprise but still dissapointing. I dumped it this week after only 10 months and just brought home an '07 3.5 Limited. There is much to like in this 35k (Cdn) redesign of a less than satisfying sedan. Deiter insisted on more and I think he delivered - but still has a way to go. I could go on but suffice it to say this car deserves another assessment. During the past few years I have owned an '02 A4, '03 E-Class, and an '03 S-type. I had never even considered buying a Chrysler in the past. Prior to tasting the imports, I always drove GM's. But, this car caught my eye when I was considering a replacement N/A car for a less than satisfying '06 Impala LTZ. I see incredible value in my '07 Sebring 3.5 Limited. When you consider what they have done here - for the price - I give Dieter and the gang full credit. It's worth another look folks.
  • ukjimukjim Member Posts: 63
    I had to rent one over the weekend. A park bench is a more comfortable to spend time than the rock hard seats; enough engine noise to make you wonder if there is any insulation on the firewall; tire noise to make you think it is wearing knobbly truck tires; a gear shift that hits anything plugged into the front power socket; I could go on but why flog a dead horse. Germany needs more control over what Chrysler foists on the public.
  • djp_63djp_63 Member Posts: 10
    I drove a base model with a 2.4 litre engine and all the options you want without having to pay for a lot extra fluff. The car looks good to me too. I was told by the salesman that it was designed to compete with the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. Well, I am a Mopar guy, and I think this is a little bit of a stretch. I wish Chrysler had the reliability record of Toyota. But then again, the ubiquitous Camry is a huge yawn to look at and drive. However, for price, the Sebring is a GREAT car compared to a Sentra, Corolla, Yaris, or Civic. The base Sebring we drove was quiet, smooth, had some engine noise (it was a 4 cylinder), interior was fine with nice solid doors and hardware. The styling is kind of Audi looking. The 2.7 V6 does have a bad reputation for sludge issues. Do not know if they ever rendered that situation.

Just a thought,

DJP
  • mirde98mirde98 Member Posts: 95
    I drove a spanking brand new Sebring Limited white/gray leather interiors and that wood steering wheel. First impressions was like....mmmmm looks good....looks like grampa car...but thats where is mainly marketed (beside rental fleets). I opened the door... sat in what they called "seats" and all my hopes were crushed. Geez those catholic church wood bench are more comfortable that the Sebring seats. I felt like in a "bathtub", low and im 6 feet and my legs were cramped. Dash looks attractive until you look close, geez those air vents are so homemade, the radio is horrible. door panels and interior in general is all cheap hard plastic. Very Chrysler typical. Engine is noisy and slow. In conclusion, this car is mediocre. Perfect for rental fleet. Thats all. Fusion/Milan are better choices.
    Hard to believe Daimler didn't take the opportunity to teach those Chrysler designers something. The mistake was not taking a proven design (the 300) and making a more compact version. Look at the BMW line. The 5 series is very similar in design to the larger 7 series.
  • mirde98mirde98 Member Posts: 95
    True. I mean they saw success with the 300...then what happened? They started all over again with the crap...example the Nitro, Sebring, Caliber, Compass, all brand new vehicles, all mediocre. They all share the worst of Chrysler. Oh well....i guess they didn't learn nothing after all....,maybe thats why Daimler kicked out ChryCorp.
  • orangertorangert Member Posts: 41
    I own one. I like it a lot. "YES" it does have "cheap" looking plastic, "YES" the seats are firm(perfect for me), "YES" the engine can be heard. I got used to it real quick and REALLY like it. Price it out and get the best discount you can and it is VERY, VERY affordable.
    I don't know what the other cars are ACTUALLY getting in mileage. I drive mostly highway and have moved up to 30 avg. mpg in my 2.4 Base model. (just hit 3000 for the first month of ownership)
    It has all the creature comforts I need. This past Sunday we ran a round trip all highway of 275 miles and posted 34 for the trip according to the gas pump @ top off.
  • bringmanbringman Member Posts: 3
    I was hopeful for the 2007 model. Currently, I own a 2002 black Sebring LX. I bought it brand new for a really good price. It feels very solid and it's proven to be a faithful soldier. Only 2-3 minor problems surfaced during these past 5 years and all have been covered under warranty.

Even after all this time I get many compliments on my car's appearance (100% stock, no mods). The optional alloy wheels really bring out the car's simple, but elegant lines. I'll admit I really like the way the 2001-2006 gen looks, so again -- I was hopeful for the 2007 model.

I was quite disappointed when I started seeing spy shots of the new model. The person who said it looks better in real life is correct, but it still looks some type of weird offspring of a Saturn Ion and Crossfire, with a Corolla rump. Bleah. I'll admit it's not horrible in darker colors, but the medium blue on my dealer's showroom floor was not flattering to its lines.

That said, kudos to Chrysler for not going a more conservative route. For better or for worse, from most angles no one will mistake the 2007 Sebring for anything else.

Someone mentioned that Chrysler should have made a mini-300, and I totally agree. But I read that the designers tried very hard to do that with this platform and it just was not turning out right for various reasons. So they went with plan 'B' and looked to the Airflyte concept for inspiration. That wasn't one of my favorite styling exercises, but at least they can say they brought another concept to production, lol.

The 2007's interior seems a step down in quality from the prior generation, which itself wasn't great, but a bit better than average from a domestic manufacturer for the early part of the decade. Slight cheapness aside, the room, amenities, and design beat the 2001-2006 model by a long shot. And I didn't notice the seats being uncomfortably firm. My 2002 has seats that were too soft at the beginning and it surely has not improved over time. Maybe these "church pew" seats are a reaction to that.

One more thing about the interior bits -- they are WAY better than what's in the Caliber and Compass. Even given that they're in a different price class, those cars' plastics are surprisingly nasty.

I've been a Chrysler guy for some time so I will probably give the 2007 Sebring (and Dodge Avenger) another look when it comes time for a new vehicle. I am hoping this model is at least moderately successful for them and that Chrysler overall can get it together.
    Unfortunately I don't agree with the reference to the Caliber/Compass plastic being different. I also own a Caliber R/T and my brother in law & sister in law own a Cali and Compass. They are the SAME plastic interior pieces. Check the manufacturer and they are the SAME!!! I have no problem with them though. \

I am planning on getting an SRT Caliber in October when it comes out, plastic does not bother me. The dollars and cents value of the car versus other makes adds up in my pocket book.

The plastic does not give adverse glare in the windshield so I am happy. I have already considered a woodgrain kit for the Sebring but not the R/T. The sister in law has done the woodgrain in the Compass and it looks good for her Khaki color.
  • bringmanbringman Member Posts: 3
    Orangert,

You're right, the plastics are from the same manufacturer. But the dashboard on the Compass felt a lot different to the touch than did the Sebring, at least to me. The Compass I looked at was one of the very first ones, maybe they changed it a bit ...
    The surface is a slightly different grain. The Avenger is of the same mold as well.

I was looking at the woodgrain kit for the doors.Anybody ever try one of these from Ebay?
  • observer222observer222 Member Posts: 1
    Saw some new, redesigned Sebrings on the road and they have an attractive, somewhat Volvo S60-ish muscular look. Looked really good to me. The base engine, 2.4, has proven reliable with the PT Cruiser and is perhaps a shared engine with Mitsubishi. Have not sat inside a new Sebring.
    Do avoid the flawed 2.7 engine which needs 100% synthetic motor oil due to oil distribution problems.
    Like the Buick Lacrosse and Taurus, the Sebring could be a reliable car which is best bought used. Anyone buying it new should do their homework (learning invoice price and all special offers) and bargain hard.
    I don't think the GEMA engine is in the PT Cruiser. Looked at the Sebring before buying an Optima. I haven't driven the Mitsubishi version of the engine but the Chrysler version is quite a bit rougher than the Hyundai/Kia version. Not sure if this is because of some modifications across platforms or if the Koreans just did a better job of NVH in mounting the engine in the car.

Know the Chrysler and Hyundai versions are not identical, although most of the development was shared across companies.
  • cliff11cliff11 Member Posts: 10
    This is a great car. The seats give good support - and I think the interior (I have a Limited) has a simple elegance. A coat of Future floor wax on the plastic parts of the interior improve the looks quite a bit. I have mistakenly walked up to Mercedes-benz vehicles in parking lots several times, and have had others tell me that "your care is over there"; pointing to a Mercedes. Above all, you can't beat the value in both price and gas mileage
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    I bought an '07 Limited 3.5L a week ago. I originally test drove the 2.7L but I wanted something with a bit more pep. The 3.5L, combined with the 6-speed trans, has what I was looking for. I am generally driving conservatively during the break-in and am looking forward to when that is over with.

I am very happy with it so far. It drives so quiet and smooth. The MyGIG "infotainment" system is a fun thing to play with. During my lunch hour I go out just to tinker with it. The Boston Acoustics speakers sound great.

I love the many features that it came with that are too numerous to list and I'm sure I'd forget a few anyway. I hope I'm still this happy with my purchase 5 years from now.
  • mikeincamikeinca Member Posts: 5
    I recently purchased a used 2007 Sebring sedan (basic 4 cyl). Beautiful car, only 12k miles on it (rental).

Problem:
    When accelerating (at any speed, or from stand-still), there is a high-pitched whine that comes from the engine compartment. If you gun the accelerator hard, it tends to not even be audible (not sure if it goes away completely, but I can't hear it then).

Cruising along, while maintaining any speed, you can hear it. Press a little more on the gas, it gets louder. Let off the gas altogether, it stops altogether.

I took it into a Chrylser dealership today, and they called me 4 hours later saying there was a recall on a part that was making the sound. I asked for details on the part, and they were vague, saying something about "G39, that's all I know".

Turns out Chrylser just put a recall out on their website (Nov 14th 2007), and the part description is "Radiator fan motor connector", and the entry links to "G39.pdf". The recall text isn't available yet. I can't imagine how that would have anything to do with the symptoms of this problem! So I'm concerned.

To me it sounds like a noise related to the fuel delivery (injector, something)... or worse, a characteristic of the automatic transmission... something they'd give me the run around about, until they finally say, "We can't do anything".

Anyone have experience with this high-pitched whine in the 4 cylinder Sebring? :confuse:
    Found the details on the recall, and it wouldn't explain the whine:

Make / Models : Model/Build Years:
    CHRYSLER / SEBRING 2007-2008
    DODGE / AVENGER 2007-2008

Manufacturer : DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 07V473000 Mfr's Report Date : OCT 02, 2007

Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:COOLING SYSTEM:RADIATOR ASSEMBLY

Potential Number Of Units Affected : 102042

Summary:
    ON CERTAIN VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 2.4 LITER ENGINES, THE ENGINE COOLANT MAY BE DRAWN INTO THE LEFT RADIATOR COOLING FAN MOTOR CONNECTOR.

Consequence:
    THIS CAN CAUSE AN ELECTRICAL SHORT CIRCUIT AND RESULT IN AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE CONNECTOR FOR CONTAMINATION OR DAMAGE, INSTALL A WIRING HARNESS OVERLAY, AND REPLACE THE FAN MOTOR FREE OR CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING NOVEMBER 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Notes:
    DAIMLERCHRYSLER RECALL NO. G39. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
    I did not know about the recall, but when I took my car in for an oil change today, they told me about it, and fixed it with no problem. After three months, I am still in love with this car, and would recommend it to anyone. :):):)
    Follow up....

The recall was taken care of, and had nothing to do with the high pitched whine. At first the mechanic (who went for a test ride with me, thanks to a talk I had with the assistant manager) said "That's the characteristic whine of this transmission". I couldn't believe that, and then demonstrated that the whine stopped when I released the gas pedal.. he said, "That's not the transmission".

They took it in, and determined the EVAC sensor (I think) was to blame. After replacing that, the whine was gone. And what a relief it was!! I'm enjoying my Sebring much much more now.
  • jackie82vajackie82va Member Posts: 2
    :mad: I just bought a 2007 sebring with 28, miles on it
    i have never had one of these cars before
    but it seems to me that the engine is a little loud when i drive and push on the gas to go
    does anyone know anything about this ???
    Which engine - 2.4L, 2.7L or 3.5L? I have a 2007 Sebring with the 3.5L and I haven't noticed any abnormal engine noise. Get a second opinion by driving a friend around and see what he/she thinks.

If you both think it's too loud you might have a shop check for an exhaust leak. Muffler shops will usually check it for free and if it just needs a bolt torqued down they'll probably do that for free with the hope of gaining your future business.

I know it's still under warranty but the dealer would probably keep it overnight.
    I have the 2.4L four cylinder.... the base model. Yes, you definitely notice the engine noise in the cab. It's one of those "you get what you pay for" situations. I paid $15k for an '07 with 12k miles on it... base price new, I think is $18k? It's sad they didn't invest in better sound insulation or engineer it with reduced engine sound in mind.

However, I really don't mind it that much... I got used to it quickly. I like the gas mileage, and I like the rest of the car.
  • jackie82vajackie82va Member Posts: 2
    its a 2.4L
    i just bought it this week i only payed 13,$ for it and its a 2007 with about 28k miles on it , so i thought that i got a good deal its really nice , i went from a 05 Dodge Neon to this so yeah i am happy with it i think that you are right about the sound that it just has bad insulation on it and all . but i love it just put my Sirius Radio in it , i had a friend ride with me and they just think thats how its suposed to be and im not used to it and all
    so its ok :D
  • jjmangjjmang Member Posts: 5
    Leased a 07 Sebring. worst car I've owned sofar. Slow as heck. More importantly just wondering if anyone has or is having problems with the driver's seat and the lumbar. The lumbar is so extended its crazy. It sticks so far out that when i drive it my back kills me. Never had any back prob before this car. I obviously adjusted it both ways but the extension of the lumbar is far out. Any body experiencing same thing?
    No problem at all with the lumbar support on mine. If I adjust it all the way in I can't even feel it.

On the performance, you apparently have the 2.4L 4-cyl. I test drove a 2.7L and wasn't happy with it. I bought the Limited with the 3.5L V6 and 6-speed autostick, which works well for my needs.
  • jtimkojtimko Member Posts: 2
    Hello there....Has anyone replaced a tie rod? Local repair shop wants $225 (includes alignment) for a left outer tie end. :mad: Is that too much? Is it difficult to do at home?

Thanks All !!
    Has anyone replaced a tie rod?

Look for a copy of the February 2008 Popular Mechanics. There's a very detailed 3 page section on replacing tie rods, complete with photos, starting on pg 93.

The degree of difficulty is rated as being moderate.
  • leroya1leroya1 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought an white 07 2.4 21000 miles for $9,650. Seemed like to good of a deal to pass up. Anyway the only real complaints I hear(read) about this car are the looks(which i like, maybe I'm crazy) and the engine noise which I didn't notice on a long test drive and the 30 mile drive home. So far so good . Gan i put 18' wheels on the base model or will they only go on the touring/limited? Thanks in advance and look fwd to posting my experiences here.
  • sbc20sbc20 Member Posts: 1
    Whenever I press the accelerator between 70 to 75 mph, there is an audible whine coming from what seems to be under the dash, If I push the pedal down quite a bit, the whine subsides. Letting up, it resumes. does anyone had this problem before, and knows how to fixed. the dealer can get any answer on this please help me with this one.
    thank you
  • naji07naji07 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my 2007 Chrysler Sebring brand new and it will be a year old on March 28th. Within the past 2 months my car has been stalling on me while I am stopped at a red light or in rush hour traffic. Most recently while going 40 mph on a highway where it just shut down. I have taken my car to the dealership 3 times now and the first 2 times I was told there was nothing wrong with it and that they couldn't get it to duplicate my problems. The last time I was there, the dealership said that something came back on the diagnostic test and they replaced an "environmental filter" not sure what that is and not much of a description on the invoice. I was told at my 2nd visit that Chrysler is aware of the problem so I assume there are others out there with the same problem. I feel like I have a LEMON! Is anyone experiencing similar problems and does anyone have any suggestions???

THANKS,
  • docmagnerdocmagner Member Posts: 1
    Check out Chrysler's website on line. ... look to see if your VIN# is included in the recall that has just been put out in April....sounds like u maybe experiencing some of what they said could happen if certain recalled part was on ur car.
    hope this helps!
    So far so good for me. Picked up a mygig w/o nav (already have one) for 300 on ebay. Haven't had any problems w/ car so far. taking it in to dealer to have remote start installed. After that I'm gettin some rims. I get alot of compliments on car . Alot of whats that?!
  • mbarnummbarnum Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. Bought the car new and after only 300 miles on it noticed the problem when driving in the city. The gas pedal whines. But on highway there is a loud annoying wind sound that sounds like it is coming through the windshield. I have brought this car back to dealership 3 times and it is there again today. No one seems to know what is causing any of this and I am missing too much work for a brand new vehicle repair. If not resolved this week I am looking into lemon law process. This is unacceptable for a new car! I will not buy another Chrysler or at least not one from the dealership I am working with!!! Anyone have answers out there?
    I have had my 07 sebring limited for about a year now, and I am still very happy with it. The gas mileage had improved over time, and everything still works like a charm (with over 20 k I only had to replace a bulb). I find the seats very comfortable and the car is very quiet. I have the 2.4 liter engine which seems to have a lot of power and pick up. I love this car !!!
    I love this car !!!

Kind of makes you wonder what some of these "professional" magazine reviewers don't see that we, as owners, do.

I have an 07 Sebring Limited with the 3.5L and I simply love it. The MyGIG with nav and all the other gadgets it came with is like my playground on wheels. It has a very quiet and smooth ride and decent fuel economy. I'm getting 21-22 mpg combined city/hwy. Only one mostly highway trip thus far when it was new but got 26 mpg.

I just finished its 9,000 mile oil change. I read your other post about your 20,000 mile report. I'm looking forward to many years of fun with this car.
  • mrmetoo2mrmetoo2 Member Posts: 2
  • mrmetoo2mrmetoo2 Member Posts: 2
    I have an 07 Sebring and i bought a Gibson dual cat-back exhaust for my car. Right now my car is a single exhaust. When I bought it, It did say that it will fit my car. I want to ask if anyone knows if my car is made to have a dual exhaust? If anyone can answer that for me that would be amazing. :confuse:
  • bleakbleak Member Posts: 2
    my 07 sebring touring started stalling a few days ago. i notice when the engine is idle in drive/reverse/neutral the rpms dip low like every 30sec-2min like its going to stall. eventually it dies after a while of this. also happens while making a slow turn. just dies completely no warning lights or anything. it starts back up no problem. happened as i was pulling into the post office and nearly got rear ended. glad it hasnt happend in an intersection yet! this is very dangerous not to mention embarrasing. bought new in sept 07 and has 9100 miles on it atm. also engine seems to have a gurgle to it when i press the gas pedal - its a really noticeable gurgle if you gun it. also the car seems to have a downshift to it sometimes as i'm slowing somewhere in the 25-30 mph range.

taking it into the dealer 02/13/09
    please post how your dual exhaust and slalling problem worked out respectively. I am curious if i could do dual and want to be aware of any problems i should look for. Thanks

As for me so far so good, although I've kept her garaged since the new year 5 snowstorms here in NYC, Been using the beater. Taking her out for a trip to AC this week to roll over the gas.

I think I had posted earlier about buying a mygig on ebay. It works great and was the easiest car radio Ive ever installed in a car. It has a 20 gig hard drive but you really only have about 10 gigs for media as the rest is used for firmware. For me thats plenty. you can find the non gps one for less than $200 now.
  • 13BRAVO13BRAVO Member Posts: 2
    leroya1...

could you perhaps link me to compatible mygig systems, with and without navigation? i ran a search on bay, but as i have little to no knowledge of cars, i couldn't ascertain which systems were compatible with an 07 sebring (and i didn't see it written anywhere).

to all 07 sebring owners...

also, im looking for chrome pieces for my exterior (grille, door handles, pillars, etc.). can anyone direct me to a legit website from which i can purchase these?

last but not least, is the base 07 sebring compatible with HID headlights? if so, where can i purchase HID headlights that will fit my sebring? if not, how and where can i convert my sebring so that it is compatible.

thanks for your time.
    On the MyGIG question just go to eBay and type in something like "mygig sebring". There are currently 23 MyGIG units and related items being sold.

Be sure you get one that is compatible with your 07 Sebring. It uses a low speed Bus. If the description doesn't mention the Bus speed ask before bidding.

MyGIG radios run on two different Bus systems, a low speed Bus (CAN B) and a high-speed Bus system (CAN C). MyGIG radios designed for a high-speed electrical bus will not work on a vehicle with a low-speed bus, and vice versa.

Also, the MyGIG RER includes the nav. Be sure yours includes the GPS antenna. The REN version does not have nav.
  • 13BRAVO13BRAVO Member Posts: 2
    thank you for that information. i now know to look for RER (navigation) and to make sure it has a GPS antenna.

and REN doesn't include navigation.

thanks a lot!