Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
Let's hear about your experience!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• trane_wrecktrane_wreck Member Posts: 1
    What are you paying for a SEL Plus?

Hopefully what you'd pay is 2/3!
  • dspdavedspdave Member Posts: 7
    Dont know about the sel plus,but the sel with the painted 18 inch wheels,rubber floor mats,and roof rack stickered at 28,535 with delivery charges.A-Plan price I paid was 26,200 And I believe x-plan was 1100 more.So far Ilove the vehicle,the 3.5 and new trans are silky smooth,am averaging 20.5 mpg after 800 miles with most of that being city driving.
  • pilotwannabiepilotwannabie Member Posts: 14
    Got AWD SEL Plus couple weeks ago for 32000 on road...love this baby ...nice smooth ride with panoramic vista roof...wud say..this is my first ford car and i am loving it....
  • epuepu Member Posts: 1
    I bought SE FWD $27100 (including NAV-DVD)on the middle of Mar in TomWood Ford in Carmel Indy.the car is ok, but the bad experience is option package. you got to be careful that dealer will make hugh $$ on it.I bought NAV-DVD,paid $1900 for it.Nav-DVD is Pioneer AVIC-D3. website suggest price is only $1000. the thing is I have to insert DVD-RoM each time to use it. Compared my portable Magellan 700,it is really worthless. I strongly suggest to confirm brandname and function once you decide to buy option package.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter would like to interview a recent or intended Ford Edge buyer. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com today, April 6, 2007, with your daytime contact information

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• crispyjcrispyj Member Posts: 8
    Hey Carman (or anyone else) --

Has anyone experienced getting invoice numbers from local Ford dealers that are demonstratively different (by nearly $500) than those reported on Edmonds, Cars.com, KBB, etc?

I'm a bit confused. Three different dealers have quoted me "invoice" that has far exceeded what has been reported on this and other sites. And no, my math is not screwy. And no, i did not forget to include options and destination fees and such when pricing. Its just simply "off" and i don't know why...

Did prices go up? Is there a local surcharge (los angeles) i am not aware of?

Any ideas?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    Most dealer invoices have a regional advertising charge.. This can vary from $200-$600.

But, if you get your invoice price from Edmunds or another reputable on-line source, then you really don't need to ask the dealer about their invoice price. Figure your own invoice price, and make your offer accordingly.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• crispyjcrispyj Member Posts: 8
    Yeah - finally figured that one out with their FDAF/LMDA assessment. I actually DID make my offer based on Edmonds' invoice. They countered with their invoice offer of "$300 over invoice" - which i thought was a good offer... until it turned out to be about $800 over MY invoice number when adding in the FDAF/LMDA assessment...

So that disconnect between Edmonds numbers and Ford is still there because that fee is not mentioned anywhere on this site and they're not going to wave it - which makes Edmond's "invoice" a little misleading in my opinion. That's 500 bucks that magically slips its way into the equation, which makes negotiation trickier.

know what i mean?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    I understand.. I'd have to look , but I believe Edmunds has a blurb about regional advertising fees on each pricing page... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hugo5hugo5 Member Posts: 68
    Looking at Ford Edge SEL with primium package. MSRP is $29,575 On a 36 month lease with 12500 miles, what is May's Residual and MF?
    Hugo
  • hugo5hugo5 Member Posts: 68
    Hi kyfdx,
    haven't heard back from anybody. Is there any chance of getting the current residual value and mf for a 36 month/12k lease on a ford edge sel?
    Hugo5
  • blazingcopperblazingcopper Member Posts: 1
    Got SEL Plus AWD, MSRP $34780 for $32303 ($600 under invoice). Love the car, Blazing Copper Metallic with Vista Roof. Only 300 miles so far.
  • advequityguyadvequityguy Member Posts: 138
    In the course of my business, I run into this issue all the time. i think the reason that Edmunds doesnt list the regional assesment is that it varies from region to region, so any cost they assign to it would most probably be incorrect for a given researcher. Be aware that it is a very real cost to the dealer and is very much a part of the invoice cost. Disregard it if you like, but I assure you that it is paid each and every time, along with the fuel charge that Edmunds also seems to leave out.
  • apexnewcarapexnewcar Member Posts: 1
    Edmunds gives an invoice of $23,920 for the Ford Edge SE. Is the factory withhold that the dealer has to pay included in that $23,920 or does the dealer have to pay the $23,920 plus the factory withold. A dealer showed me the "invoice" that had a $760 withhold added to the $23,920 for a total of $24,680.

Apexnewcar
  • johnnyhollistejohnnyholliste Member Posts: 16
    07 SEl+AWD Total MSRP= 34,040 got $4600 off Cash price=$29,440 & ZERO Financing..
    Silicon Valley, California.. Sweet Deal
    Vista roof, 18" chrome, Seating Flex,tow pk (like I'm going to useit) Reverse sensing, leather seats,Audiohile CDx6 etc

Go Getum... great price but I been haggling since July 4th & since the same Carbon metallic Edge with Stone leather seats was stillon the lot , I had Ace in the hole, so deal the cards & it paid off, 2500 I saved in finance & 4600 for total of 7100 off. I bought my 95 explorer xlt 4wd for cash price of 28,300 & 8.75% 12 years ago.. do your homework & you do get wiser with age..
    Today San JOse Mercury News had a Ad 6000 msrp off or 4500 & zero financing, since I brought in the ad of 4th July with me it was 4600 & they match it.. Rang the bell & said I was hard customer..

08 start manufacturing week of sept. 10-15 or something like that delivery will be 8-10 weeks after.. :)
  • tellis3tellis3 Member Posts: 3
    Picked up my new Edge last night. LOVE IT! 2007 SEL Plus AWD. Completely loaded, MSRP was $36860, got it for $34973. Supposedly $300 over invoice, but you never know with these guys!! $3000 in rebates and some cash down..first payment, aquisition fee motor vehicle etc. $361.89 per month for 24 months 12k mile. Not bad I think, considering I had quotes of over $500 a month for the same car. Oh, and I declined the window etching an wear care.Great car...fun to drive! :)
  • fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    You sir are the bargaining King ;)

Instead of haggling - I used my brothers Ford "D" Plan discount; $26,830 MSRP went down to $24,791 for the base SE Edge (that's all my wife, & I need).

Got the $1000 cash back, $4700 for my 2001 Accord trade-in, & 0% for 3 years...Not a great deal, but a "good" deal nonetheless since I was able to get the Edge for roughly $800 under invoice :)
    It was showing who's the customer more than haggling, todays ad in San Jose Mercury News California, I saw 7000 of the MSRP on Sel Edge for the labor day sale.. I'm very happy with the Sweet & comfy ride of my Edge SEL+AWD.. I sold my 95 explorer with 165k for $2400 on Craigs list, put the add in 9:30 am got a call within the hr, didn't have the explorer clean or anything & had to get the $8 wash & cleaned out the Suv, asking 3488 but I knew I wanted $2400 , Ford dealer was only giving me $700 & told them I would give to family before that price.. Great sales for Ford EDGE on Labor day GO GETUM.. :) P.S. Mike Congras & hope you enjoy yours as much I do...
    Thanks!

So far my wife, & I love it; will have to do a road trip soon ;)
  • eidnaeidna Member Posts: 4
    I was sent this quote and am wondering if we should take them up on it. I'm also looking for some help with breaking this down into a lease. (36 months, 10k miles/year, no money out of pocket)
    This one is priced at $27295 + TT&L after rebates and dealer discounts.
    2007 EDGE FWD-SEL +
    3.5L V6 ENGINE
    AUTOMATIC OVERDRIVE TRANS Exterior
    CARBON CLEARCOAT METALLIC
    Interior
    MEDIUM LIGHT STONE LEATHER TRIMMED SEATS
    Optional Equipment
    2007 MODEL YEAR
    CARBON CLEARCOAT METALLIC
    MED LT STONE LEATHER
    .3.5L V6 ENGINE
    .AUTOMATIC OVERDRIVE TRANS
    P245/60R18 BSW A/S TIRES
    REAR CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM 65
    18" CHROME-CLAD WHEELS 750
    ROOF RAILS-BLACK 95
    REVERSE SENSING SYSTEM 245
    SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195
    FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

TOTAL MSRP $31,125

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
    I am towards the end of my lease and looking for a new car. The Edge is on my list and I have a question for you folks.
    I have read that depreciation in the first year is about 15% to 25%. So if we are looking at a 2007, shouldnt they be about 15-25% less at this time of year if there are a bunch sitting on the lot, or am I way off base. :confuse:
    going by Fords website there are a ton of 2007 Edge's in my area (central NJ) but I have not requested quotes yet.
    any input would be appreciated.

AC
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    You are off base. The leftover 2007 models will have lower lease residuals than the 2008 models and the other incentives will be higher on the 2007 models as well. The reason there are so many 2007's left is that they were being made through last Friday 9/14. 2008 Production starts tomorrow. There will still be new 2007's arriving at dealers for several more weeks.
    Wow - 2007 Edges made thru September? Would've thought they'd stop making this model year back in mid June...Shows ya what I know :blush:
  • dlathamdlatham Member Posts: 2
    To all,

About 2 weeks ago, I picked up a 2007 Ford Edge SEL+, copper with black leather, 18" alloys, Vista-view. Audiophile 9 spkr sound system, etc. I really like the vehicle and get a lot of compliments on it. As to the deal, I live in metro Atlanta and there are many dealerships, so pricing is competitive. Initially, dealerships were quick to agree to drop sticker by 5400 in order to move inventory. The vehicle stickered at 32,810 and we paid around 26,600 for the Edge. With all of the discounts taken on the vehicle, special financing rates were not available. While the price was great, the dealership experience was rotten with a salesman who didn't know anything about the car, a less than knowledgeable service department, difficult parts group, no vehicle delivery, car was dirty at delivery as well as a variety of other problems. When the salesman stopped talking to me about my experience, he then emailed my wife at our home. Customer service agent for the dealership has dropped off the face of the earth. Car purchased at Jim Tidwell Ford in Kennesaw, GA. Avoid this dealership.
    & congrats to the EDGE family.. $6200 off Mrsp not bad.. I got $4600 & zero % which I could not turn down.. but last week took the the Men out for Golf at Presido in SF, & everybody love it, total of 3 men & 3 bags which was no problem for room, even the 6'5" & 250 lbs sat in the rear seat & he love the ride (he usually rides in the front of my 95 Explorer because it would be tight in the rear seat) now on to bigger & better & comfy ride.. Hit them straight. :) P.S. Did this forum help you buy the Edge.. Hope so..
  • ohiolarry8ohiolarry8 Member Posts: 1
    I love my Edge! The simple solution to the dashboard reflection in the windshield is to wear polarized sunglasses. It eliminates 90% of the glare. :shades:
  • dlathamdlatham Member Posts: 2
    I had read this forum and several other Blog sites regarding the Edge before making the purchase. I drove a couple in comparrison to other vehicles like the Nissan Murano and the Toyota FJ Cruiser and the Edge won, hands down. It was the dealership experience that got me to join and speak up. My wife is saying that we might end up being a two Edge family soon.... pretty funny.
  • mcq1mcq1 Member Posts: 103
    I have been given a quote of $30,860 for a limited FWD Edge including TT&L. What do you think? I am trying to get them lower.
  • car_crazicar_crazi Member Posts: 5
    Always explain in detail

quote of $30,860 for a limited FWD Edge including TT&L ?

What options are included ?

It's good price if you have these options included :-

Panoramic Vista Roof
    Power Liftgate
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Rear Cargo Management System
    All W Mats
    See my post in the lease topic.
  • highlanderbobhighlanderbob Member Posts: 3
    OK, pulled the trigger and ordered the following:

2008 AWD Limited (30,134)
    Panoramic Roof (1186)
    White Sand Tri-Coat Paint (421)
    Trailer Tow Package (336)
    Rubber Mats (47)
    Cargo Management System (55)
    Sirius Satellite Radio (166)
    5 Gals gas (yeah, they charge you!) (15.50)
    FDAF Assessment Fee (458)
    Dest and Del (705)

+ $150 over invoice

GRAND TOTAL $33,673.50 not including tax and license, doc fee

MINUS any applicable rebates or incentives at the time of delivery

The gas and FDAF fee kinda makes the warm and fuzzy part of this transaction disappear.

The salesman (as well as the sales manager) did say two things that I would like some feedback on from those of you in the know:

1. We cannot guarantee the final price of your order until the car is delivered because Ford may raise the price of an option or something and we will have to pass that on to you??????? Of course, I am immediately suspicious of this since I signed a contract for the above pricing. I figure if they pull that at time of delivery, then the gloves will come off then. Have any of you heard of a dealer doing this?

2. I wanted them to apply the current rebates/incentives but they again said I would get whatever was being offered by Ford at the time of delivery.

Why is it I can buy an unbuilt house for several hundred's of thousands of dollars, settle on the price with the builder, take possession 6 months later and not have to worry about the price of lumber going up?

Geez, this stuff is exactly why I hate buying a car. What an amazing alien world the whole purchasing of a motor vehicle has become. And they wonder why car dealers have a bad rep with the general public!

Overall, we are looking forward to our new Edge in 6-10 weeks. Hopefully, nothing will come up to queer the deal.

Thanks again, in advance, for shedding any helpful light on this.
    You are getting a very fair deal. The company does charge your dealer for the gas it puts in the car at the factory. Your dealer will likely deliver your car with a full tank, so don't sweat the $15.50. The ad fees are also paid by the dealer, and can be higher than yours depending on geographical location. You are getting exactly what you bargained for, with you paying $150 over invoice. Since the gas and ad fees are part of the invoice, that is the deal. You are getting a far better deal than the majority of buyers.

On the price changes, very rarely does a company raise prices on existing orders. It can happen, but given the economy and other factors, I would seriously doubt that the price of your order will go up. I would imagine the price is locked in once that car is scheduled to build.

The incentives are a mind numbing thing. Incentives usually change every month and are already different depending on geography. That is the company and not the dealer. Right now, there may be 3-4 different levels of incentives on the same car depending on where in the US you live. They can also get better or worse from month to month (or week to week on some GM products) and vary on whether you are leasing or buying. Also, some potential buyers get $750 coupons in the mail out of the blue while some of us never hear from the company at all. It is incredibly frustrating that the incentives are not the same everywhere and that if they are going to send out coupons that everyone who expresses interest on the Ford web site does not get those. From my conversations with my dealer, they are even more frustrated than I am because they can't keep up with what the ever changing incentives are. I certainly agree with your frustration on the incentives but that frustration should be with the company and not the dealer. When your car does arrive, ask the dealer to see the "Vincent" report for that car. It is a printout that will show all available incentives for that exact VIN that are available at that time. Yes, even the company has to have a computer program so IT can keep track of the various incentives on the same model car!!!!

Bottom line, you have done well and your dealer is treating you right. Enjoy the new car.
  • highlanderbobhighlanderbob Member Posts: 3
    Hardhawk,

I appreciate the quick response and the info about the "Vincent" report. I will definitely ask for that when we close the deal.

About the $750 coupons. This is the second time I heard of these. Another person stated they had one in their name in the computer and the dealer surprised them with it. I wonder if there is a way of checking. I bought a brand new 98 F150 back then. I wonder if there is something connected to that or not.

Oh well, I can just ask the dealer to look. But I imagine it would have surfaced by now.

Thanks again for the info and the opinion on my deal. Starting to feel a little better about it.

Gonna have to figure out how to change my username from HighlanderBob to EdgeyBob. :)
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    I wonder if there is a way of checking. I bought a brand new 98 F150 back then. I wonder if there is something connected to that or not.

Email your last name and zip code to the email in my profile and I can check for you.

Also go to the Ford web site and request a brochure on the Edge and there is an good chance you will get a $750 offer in the mail. It is a private offer. We call them hand raisers.

They are no good for Plan buyers
  • harddrivetharddrivet Member Posts: 90
    Hi Folks, Why is a Ford Edge priced so High compared to the competition? It is not clear to me and I just want to understand. Is it really worth $10K more than its competition? Also, do you think it will last more than 100K miles? ">Thanks. :confuse:
    Who says the Edge is over priced? What competition are you referring to? Please list exact models & features/options on the Edge and the other vehicles you are comparing it to. I would dispute your assertion that an Edge is $10,000 more than a similarly equipped competition vehicle. If you are comparing apples to apples, model and equipment wise, I think you are mistaken. I am always willing to be educated so will welcome whatever evidence you have to convince me I am the one who is mistaken!
  • greenskiermomgreenskiermom Member Posts: 1
    Your comments are helpful. I got a quote today on the Limited w/ Nav, Vista, White Tricoat, Plower liftgate, towing, sat. radio, cargo management (can't figur out what that is), all weather floor mats. Dealer quoted (Costco) including des. charge for 36,696. I can get 1500 off or get 1.9 interest. Oh, i told him I don't want 20" wheels for almost 900.

What do you think? After reading everyone's costs this price is TOO high.
    Go to the pricing page for the Edge on Edmunds.com and then figure up the invoice and MSRP for the exact car you want. Each region has additional advertising charges that will add approx. $500 to the invoice and these vary by region. Take the invoice number from Edmunds, add an estimated number for the advertising charges (or just ask the dealer to show you an invoice for an in stock Edge to see what they actually are) and then offer an amount above that for a sales price. Insist on you getting all the applicable incentives as well. The one you got the estimate on has to be AWD to be that high. The cargo management system is a plastic compartmentalized insert below the rear cargo floor that lets you store small items below the load floor around the outside of the spare tire. You should be able to order one for no more than $500 over the invoice & ad fee total. If not, go to the Ford website and get area dealer information and start e-mailing quote requests for the exact Edge you want and then see what the responses are. The first step is to get the invoice cost from Edmunds.com. Good luck!
  • tbbtbb Member Posts: 5
    Started looking around at ford edges this week. I started by visiting a couple of dealerships and emailing them as well. One dealer sent a response that said 20% off every vehicle on the lot, 07 and 08. That's almost 5800.00 off (SEL) w/o negotiating.
    Since the dealer stated the 20% off all vehicles, I'm going to assume he is not including the factory cash back (1500). This is limited to the stock on hand.

What a great place to start for negotiations. Sounds too good to be true.

This is at Grand Prairie Ford which is 10 miles west of Dallas.
  • tbbtbb Member Posts: 5
    We purchased our Edge on Fri, here's the deal: 08 SEL, Sirius, roof rack, premium 18" wheels. MSRP 28,895.00, purchase price 23,116.00. I think I could have gone a few hundred dollars lower but was happy with the deal.
  • rockfish1rockfish1 Member Posts: 113
    Wow! that is a great price. Invoice pricing with the 1500 rebate only takes about 3000 - 3500 off. How did you get the other 1500 - 2000? What was your secret?
  • techdudetechdude Member Posts: 87
    Here's a deal I got online from a dealership by me....

A 2008 Edge SEL with Premium Package, Vista Roof, Reverse Sensing, 18" wheels, all weather mats and an Audiophile System would be $29957.00, after rebates. A Limited with the same options would be $30274.00.

I'd probably add the power liftgate. I also get a discount from my work on Ford vehicles. Originally, i was considering the Highlander, but all the extras and the price are pulling me towards the Edge....no pun intended. I'm a little hesitant though, as it's an American car and all my family has driven are toyota's and honda's. This would be my first car and don't want to hear the, I told you so from my folks.
  • techdudetechdude Member Posts: 87
    The Ford dealer didn't know I was interested in AWD, I guess they didn't examine the Build My Edge quote I submitted to them. Anyway, that adds 1600 to the price plus 490 for the powerlift gate. My discount from work is about 500 so that pays for the liftgate. Price for a fully loaded Limited Edge would be 31374 before taxes and all the other stuff. Taking it for a test drive on Saturday....
  • ionosphere1ionosphere1 Member Posts: 50
    The Mercury Grand Marquis has an lmda assessment of $700. Is this fee based on the MSRP?
  • tom2004tom2004 Member Posts: 2
    I had the X-Plan from my work, purchased a 2007 on Christmas 2007. I had a low budget to work on, and got an extra $2K rebate for the 2007 as compared to the 2008, and I plan to keep it 10+ years, so 1 model year really won't make much of a difference in resale in 2020.

This is an AWD SE, the only thing I really wanted that I didn't get were the 18" wheels. Has the Sat stereo system, no nav system, but they are so cheep as an external device (I actually have one on my Windows Mobile 6 HTC pocket PC phone). But with the X-Plan pricing, all of the instant dealer rebates, AND a $750 mail in rebate I got from Ford a few months before, I ended up in the $21K range.

I just got done adding the factory fog lamps myself (about $300 in parts from Ford + a little extra for the wiring). The SEL emblem was under $10! So now it looks like a $10K more vehicle than what I actually paid!

I love the awsome torque & horse power from the 3.5L (more than the crown vic 4.6L V8) and the AWD traction of course. This replaced an Aerostar XLT 4.0L AWD Extended mini-van (the largest and most powerfull mini-van ever made, even more so when I changed it to a 5.0L!).

I have no regrets at this time, wasn't paying attention on the highway onec and had it running 105MPH, and seemed like 70. I have owned Fords all my life, some family used to work there as an engineer. Also own a few older Mustangs, an expensive hobby.

I hope you enjoy your Edge as much as I do!!!

Tom :)
  • cindystarcindystar Member Posts: 8
    :blush: The '08 EDGE I am looking at has a sticker of $38755 I would like to lease it for 39 OR 24months at 12k/year. What (with 3000 OOP) should I expect to pay per month after negotiating a price? Also, after a price is negotiated how (based on Ford's current lease rates) do you determine the exact lease price?

Thank you! I'm planning on leasing one this week.
    ALSO HAVE X PIN AND TRADE OF ANOTHER MAKE CAUSE I THINK THEY GIVE YOU 1000 FOR TRADEANY OTHER MAKE
    AND a $750 mail in rebate I got from Ford a few months before,

I tried to get one of the 750 rebates but have been unsuccessful. I went to the Ford site a month ago to request a brochure since that is how others have received theirs. Not receiving one I called their marketing and promotion center to ask if they still have the extra rebate for my area. No success.

I will probably get one a month after I buy the Edge.
  • ionosphere1ionosphere1 Member Posts: 50
    Why would you be expecting a rebate in the mail? The $6,500 rebate I got for my Mercury Grand Marquis was deducted from the price.
    The certificate for a $750 rebate is apparently an extra rebate Ford has sent to some potential customers who contacted Ford asking for a brochure. I did not obtain one :confuse: when I signed up for a brochure a month ago. The $750 rebate certificate according to the people who received them and purchased a Ford used them immediately to lower the price of the Ford.
  • rob110rob110 Member Posts: 1
    I have x-plan pricing and am looking to use it on an Edge lease. I also got one of those $750 teaser mailers, but it says in fine print that it can only be combined with public offers and not private or A/Z/D pricing. It doesn't say A/Z/X/D--do you think they can be combined?

Also, do I still have to pay the $595 lease origination fee with x-plan, or just the <$75 documentation fee?

thanks in advance