Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Edge Lease Questions

Comments

• rwheilerrwheiler Member Posts: 15
    First of all i would like to thank CARMAN and Carspace as it does a great service. THANK YOU!

here's my deal:

2007 EDGE AWD SEL+ Pewter clearcoat w/trailer tow package,all weather mats,vista roof,rear cargo system,18" chrome clad wheels,reverse sensors,sirius sat for 6 months,audiophile 6 cd 9 speaker upgrade
    MSRP 34,835
    LEASE 36 MONTHS/ 12K MILES
    Residual 53% or $18,463
    Interest rate .5% or money factor .0002083
    Selling price 33,000 (their invoice was $32,948, X-plan $32,891--$ 400 or so higher than edmunds invoice price of $32,489 because of FDAF/LMDA ASSESSMENT ? which i believe is advertising related?)

Cap Cost Breakdown: 33,000
    + $ 595 Acquistion fee
    +$ 1111 Tax
    -$ 1250 Ford Lease cash
    -$ 1090 Cash down
    $32,366 Cap cost

(32,366- 18463=$13903 divided by 36 months= $386 a month
    (32,366 + 18463 = 50,829 x .0002083 = $10.59
    $386
    +10.59
    ---------
    $396.59 A MONTH

First month's payent 396 + tire 7.50+ title 365 + 141 doc fee = $910 + 1090 cash down = $2,000 at signing.

I know they advise to put 0 money down but in my head i want a payment under $400 a month!

This deal also included dealer taking back my 2004 mountaineer with 1 payment of 338.00 left and also had an add-on of $495 Appearance Package which entails pinstriping and extra door and wheelwell moldings. (which does make it look sharper)

Overall a pretty good experience, dealer let me take car home overnight to throw wife and kids in it. Went back and forth the next day with G.M. and finally hammered out the deal. I'M satisfied and THE EDGE DRIVES GREAT. I HOPE this info will help others as i know i checked this site quite often. I'll post a review on edmunds after 1, 000 miles . PEACE.
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    I have been checking out this forum for awhile. I leased my Edge on April 27th and got a GREAT deal. Some of you guys could have/should have done better. The last 2 posts especially make me feel like I totally robbed my dealer blind. Edge SEL Plus, MSRP $32,690. 36 month lease, 10,500 miles per year, nothing down except 1st payment, $349 per month. The 12,000 miles per year would have been around $12 more. Still, I think some of you guys should have held out a little longer and got a better deal. Especially the guys who put cash/trade money down. The last poster's deals would have been pretty good if he wouldn't have put any money/trade down. To each his own, personally though, I wouldn't pay more than $400 per month on any Ford Edge. I love it for what I paid for it, but let's face it guys, you could lease a BMW X3 for about $425-$450 per month.
  • buffalo78buffalo78 Member Posts: 36
    Yeah, I hear ya. I could've done better, but the sticking point in my deal was the amount they gave me for my trade which allowed me to walk away with a considerable amount of $ in my pocket. Plus the dealer only had 8 on the lot and mine was the only one in the area that had the options I wanted.
    Look at the fine print in some of those BMW lease adds... 4k down and only 10k miles a year. not gonna work for someone who needs 15k and doesn't want to put anything down. Me, I'll take the cash back and pay off my college loans! But like you said to each his own.
    hi chuck, i don't mind being criticized but your #'s are kind of screwy. first you say $195 acq fee then it's $595. a selling price of 28,724 is $ 1800 under invoice. is 28,724 your revised cap cost?(like 30,474-1250 lease cash - 500 loyalty cash=28,724 because 28,724 is a crazy selling price? but lets say it was and you added the $595 acq fee to make 29,319-residual of 17653(54%)=11,666/36=$324
    $324+ $9.5(.5 interest)=333.50 say tax = 6%(? may be higher)=$20= $353.50 plus where are your motor vehicle fees at? somethings askew?

BUT HEY I'M HAPPY WITH MY DEAL! PEACE
    Nothing's askew. Meant DOCUMENTATION FEE Not ACQUISITION FEE. DOCUMENTATION. Yes, they added the ACQUISITION FEE, say it together with me, ACQ-UIS-ITION FEE of $595. My sales tax is 7% and I have never been required to pay any DMV, registration fee on any of my leases EVER. They simply put a temporary tag on your windshield and you have 30 days to go down and pay the fee at the DMV. I don't even think you can do it the other way.

If you need someone to explain how not to get @#$%*-ed let me know.

I'm glad you are happy with your deal, I WASN'T attacking your deal, just saying because of deals like your's, I am EVEN HAPPIER with my deal.
    By the way, just to clarify, you also get an extra % point on the residual for the 10,500 miles per year.
    yeah the extra point was added by me,look closer 54% and your # still doesn't jive. pull out the contract and post you #'s cause your $349 don't jive and it would be a DISSERVICE TO PUT UP FAKE NUMBERS. 7% tax adds another couple of dollars than i show. PEACE
    MSRP = $32,690
    Gross Cap Cost = $28724.84
    Residual = $17,325.70 (53%)
    Aqusition Fee = $595
    Depreciation = $11,399.14
    Rent Charge = $342.98
    Total of Base Payments = $11,742.12
    Lease Payments = 36
    Base Payment = #326.17
    Sales Tax = $22.83
    Total Payment = $349.00
    Total of ALL Monthly Payments = $12,564.00

I asked the dealer if he could beat another dealer's price quote of $349.22 on a similar vehicle. This is the deal that I got. THEY BEAT IT BY $0.22. The numbers are weird because they were trying to beat the $349.22. They have to be to get a payment of EXACTLY $349 and NO CENTS.

What's the mystery?
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    Car Man:

Is it possible to get both the $750 lease cash and the $500 marketing support figured in to a lease on a new Edge?
  • kat123kat123 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man or anyone - I could use some help with a lease proposal on 2007 Edge SEL Plus with Nav and Vista roof. MSRP 34375 after using X-Plan adj, cap cost is 33273. Dealer added in $690 security deposit is this optional - actually he charged it as the Wear Care program? and also added in $595 acquistion fee. .50% rate and residual factor of 50% with 15,000 miles. for 36 mos. Mo. payment is $491.19. No out of pocket and no trade-in just the $1250 cash applied. I think this seems high based on what I have read others have gotten in this forum??
    Wear Care can, and should be, waived. It is a rip-off. Residual should be 52-54% depending on lease miles, and whether or not it's FWD or AWD. Your highest offer should be X-Plan minus rebates of $750 to $1250. That's worst case scenario. You can do WAY better than X-Plan and rebate(s) if you have time to play the games. $491 is WAY TOO HIGH. Good luck getting the acq. fee waived, I have tried on 3 of 4 of my Ford leases and never had it happen. I would shoot for a monthly payment of about $400. You can lease a Lincoln MKX (Edge) for about $450 with only first payment due.
  • bigtruckdriverbigtruckdriver Member Posts: 5
    Tidwell Ford Kennesaw. It seems either my sales rep played uninformed or was uninformed when it came to the specific details of the leasing process. I think this helped them bamboozle me. I am not happy. With a Z-plan, SEL Plus, AWD, Navig, 18", DVD ent, Rev sens, I ended up with:

MSRP = $32,690
    Gross Cap Cost = $34,424.78
    Residual = $19,485.90
    Acq Fee = $0 "waived" yeah right, more like hidden elsewhere
    Depreciation = $13,200.81
    Rent Charge = $1,944.03
    Total of Base Payments = $15,144.84
    Lease Payments = 36
    Base Payment = $420.69
    Sales Tax = $25.24
    Total Payment = $445.93
    Trade-in = $1,500
    Rebates = 750
    Total of ALL Monthly Payments = $17,857.55

With all my homework, calculations, plans, it seems I still got messed over. The highlight would be that I spent no money and left with my car, IF you can call that a highlight.
  • discover3discover3 Member Posts: 8
    I hope that I have all the pieces to the puzzle of leasing because I need to make a quick decision. I've read the Edge thread forward and backward but still can't decide if this is a deal worth signing. Here are the numbers:

Edge Sel+
    Sticker: $30,865.00
    Rebates and Incentives: -$2,000
    Cap Cost: $29,464
    Lease Term: 36 months
    Lease End Value: $15,332.00
    Residual: 53%
    Money Factor: .5
    Base Monthly Payment: $352.00
    Sales Tax: 6%
    Monthly Payments: $373.00

The salesman wants me to give $1000.00 at signing to cover first months payment, tag, taxes on something I can't remember, taxes on the rebates and incentives, plus whatever else is considered inception fees. Any left over money is, I guess, considered money down, which I know is a no no.

Can someone please tell me if this is a deal worth signing?
    Thanks a million!!
    Just a thought or two...
    A: isn't 53% of $30,865 = $16,358.45?
    B: You don't pay taxes on rebates or incentives.
    Inception fees due at signing should only be an acquisition fee, documentation fee, and first month's payment. Waive the Wear Care Program (security deposit) it isn't required and is pretty much a rip off.
    C: If the Sticker is $30,865 and cap cost reduction (rebates) is $2000 CAP COST SHOULD BE $28,865. If they are adding in acquistion fee, documentation fee, security deposit (Wear Care) to make the CAP COST TOTAL $29,464 then they shouldn't be asking you to pay it all again (the $1,000 you were talking about at closing).

I would seriously challenge some of these tactics. They can play "shuffle the numbers" all they want but YOU need to decide what makes sense and after reading that, I don't think much of it does.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm, what you say makes a lot of sense. Okay, tomorrow I need to ask why the Cap Cost is higher than it should be, and what the $1000.00 covers exactly, and why the residual value he quoted me is less than it should be.

However, when I plug in your numbers:

Cap Cost: $28,865.00
    Residual: $16,358.45

I come up with:

Base Payment: $347.40
    Monthly Finance Charge: $9.42
    Tax: $21.40
    Total Monthly Payment: $378.22

Which is more money than the $373.98 the salesman quoted me.

Perhaps the only discrepancy is the $1,000 and what it is used for??

In any case, aside from the fact that some of the salesmans explanation sounds weird, is the final monthly payment, with tax, of $373.98 reasonable?
    Thanks again!
    The monthly payment of $373 isn't bad at all. Some people were at $400 or more putting down $2000.
    However, I was able to whittle them down to $349 per month on a SEL+ MSRP $32690. I would shoot for that if possible. Good luck. And don't get the Wear Care.
  • mallrattmallratt Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a 2007 Ford Edge SEL+ with leather seats, trailer tow pkg, vista roof, cargo mgmt, reverse sensing system, 18" wheels, sirius, 6-CD changer. Invoice is $31,383.85. I'm already over my mileage on my current Ford lease which terminates in October, so I want to get out early and Ford will pay my last three payments owed. On my initial visit to a local dealer in Florida, I was quoted the following: $1750 cash incentive; 15,000 miles; 39 months at $416.97 per month plus tax of 29.19 per month for a total of $446.00 per month. Initial payment due at signing. After reading what others are paying, I'm realizing that this is NO deal which really irritates me since I'm returning to the same dealer I leased my current car from. How should I factor in the fact that Ford is paying the last three payments of my current lease plus (hopefully) paying my overage miles? What would be considered a good deal in this situation? Thank you!!
    On two of my previous four leases, ALL Fords, I traded my lease in just like I was trading in a car I owned. They gave me a trade-in price minus the pay-off price. One was 6 months early the other was 4 months early with no penalty at all. The dealer just has to get your info (social security number etc) and call Ford Credit to get your pay-off. The last time I did this I got a plus $1100 trade value even though I still had 4 months left on the lease. As far as you being over your mileage, I haven't ever been in that situation so I don't know what to tell you. I have been told the only way to get out of that is to buy the car at lease end otherwise you have to pay the fee per mile of whatever your contract says. Good luck.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new Edge, buffalo78. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, rwheiler. I'm glad to see what everything worked out well for you. Thanks for reporting back to let us all know how everything went. Enjoy your new Edge!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi hardhawk. Unfortunately, I don't believe that the $500 dealer cash that Ford is currently providing on the 2007 Edge is available on units that are leased through Ford Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi kat123. A $690 security deposit sounds too high to me. Banks usually charge a security deposit that's equivalent to vehicles' monthly payments rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment. Wear Care is not a security deposit. It's something that you don't need and just a way for the dealer to add additional profit to your deal. The $595 acquisition fee that you were quoted is in line with the fee that Ford Credit charges on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I just wanted to write in and post what my final deal was, as I drove home my new Edge today!
    MSRP: 31,060.00
    Cap Cost: 29,830.00
    Acquisition Fee: $595.00
    Cap Cost Reduction: $1,750.00 (incentives, not cash down)
    Net Cap Cost: 28,675.00
    Residual Value: 16,462.00
    Money Factor: .5%
    Term: 36 months
    Sales Tax: 6%
    Least Payment with tax: 377.30 (I added the maintenance plan that covers oil changes, tire rotation, free rental if necessary, etc. for 7.00 (was 15.00 but sales guy cut payment in half!)
    I paid 797.00 for inception fees. Dealer also threw in a free pinstripe worth 75.00.

All in all I think I got a good deal. I paid 200.00 over invoice.

If anyone has anything good or bad to say about this deal, please write in!! :D
    What are "inception fees"? I have never seen that on a lease.
    Inception fees are things like: 1st months payment, licence, tag, and registration, taxes, etc.
    Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I probably wouldn't have gotten the maintenance plan based on the principle of that always being a scam but I guess for onoly $7 it is worth it if you figure 12 oil changes on the lease for $252. Just oil changes alone works out to only $21 not to mention tire rotations. It makes sense. Walmart isn't even that cheap.

That's a great deal just beware of some of these "PLANS".
    Example, a friend of mine leased a VW and they told him they would give him back the security deposit of around $500 if he gets it serviced by VW. He's a dumb [non-permissible content removed] and takes it in every 3 months to get a $75 oil change. $75 times 12 oil changes = $900. What a sucker.
    Thanks for the info. I had never heard of those items being called inception fees before. Learn something new every day!
    :)
    I don't usually go for any type of plan, not on a car, and not on big purchases I make, but this one seemed okay. I even joked with the guy about him making a profit on selling it to me! I can service my car at this dealership or any ford dealership nationwide or at most major tire places like Tire Kingdom, etc.

Your welcome, Hardhawk! It's important to know which inception fees are on the up and up and which ones just increase the dealers' profit.
    I think I have the same questions as are addressed in this dialogue as it applies to entry 63. Anyone?
    I didn't see a question in #63, just a bunch of statements. What is your question?
    I guess it was one big question without a question mark. Where/ how could I have improved on my deal? Or did I come out about par?
    I leased an FWD Edge SEL+ MSRP $32690 and my monthly payment came out to exactly $349 with nothing down or out of pocket except 1st payment. Here are my lease numbers to compare.
    My rent charge was only $342.98
    My residual was $17,325.70 (53%)
    My total of all monthly payments is $12,564.00

Ways to improve your deal:
    1. Get quotes from several dealers and pit them against one another. They are much more likely to give you what you want if you can keep saying "the other guys said they would do ____rent charge(or whatever)."
    2. Always go to the biggest dealership near you. They will usually settle for minimal profit on a huge volume of cars. Smaller dealers tend to not budge on their profit margins.
    3. Don't buy/lease a car in one day. You should be prepared to walk away and actually do so a couple of times until you get what you want. I usually start looking about a month from when I actually expect to take delivery of a car. That way I can see all my options and haggle about every last detail such as not paying a $199 documentation fee. After having dealt with me for 3 weeks they know I am not just playing around when I say "I am not paying ANY documentation fee," and they will have to eat the $199.
    4. Never tell them how much you can afford, they will just manipulate the numbers to equal the ammount you tell them.
    5. Ask WHY. Why is my rent charge more at this dealer than it was at this other dealer.

Those are just some tips. Leasing is tricky and mostly involves the dealer taking money from one area and maybe moving it around somewhere else. You can't get a good deal on a lease at most dealerships unless you really know how they play their games. The delers set their leases up on their own. The only thing the manufacturer sets is the money factors and residuals. Everything else can be manipulated by the individual dealers.
    Cool. Thanks. I did do it in a day for several reasons, but I was still prepared to walk if something did not line up as best I understood it.
    I guess the last thing I'm recognizing about my message is that I didn't select the topic/ title. It is coincidence. I did not go in set on a quick decision as I had been investigating options for months.
  • jenmanijenmani Member Posts: 1
    Hi I wanted to talk to Chuck ( I hope I am right or was it bigtruckdriver?) about his deal with the EDGE paying $349. a month, with NO money out of pocket or down.
    Which ever one you are with this deal if you can contact me ASAP I would really appreciate it!
    Thanks
    e-mail jenmani@optonline.net
  • gmecca2gmecca2 Member Posts: 4
    How was this deal.... 2007 Edge FWD-SEL

MSRP: $30,110
    36/months
    15k miles per year
    $0 down (Applied Rebate) $0 first payment- Sign and Drive
    35 payments remain

Agreed selling price: $27772.77 (A-Plan + $250) WE ARE NOT A-PLAN ELIGIBLE
    Gross Cap Cost: $29649.63
    -$27,772.77 Selling Price
    -$1,017.36 Sales Tax
    -$5.00 Title Fee
    -$9.50 License and Registration
    -$595.00 Acquisition Fee
    -$250.00 Doc Fee

Cap Cost Reduction: $320.30
    Adj. Cap Costs: 29,329.33
    Residual Value: $15,055.00
    Depreciation: $14,274.33
    Rent Charge: $330.15
    Total Amt. of Payments: $14,604.48
    # of Payments: 36
    Payment Amount: $405.68 (Tax Included 7.5% )

Lease Experts.... How was this deal?
  • westham999westham999 Member Posts: 5
    Went back to the same NJ dealer where I have bought/leased my last SEVEN vehicles and asked for his BEST deal on a new Edge SEL AWD or SEL AWD PLUS - looking thru this forum I was expecting to pay between $350 - 390 (with NO money down). Here's his deal..
    SEL AWD
    MSRP 30, 860
    INVOICE = 29,860
    XPLAN = 29,760
    RESIDUAL VALUE = $15,200 (which seems LOW to me)
    36 Month Lease
    Money Factor = .5
    Lease = $411 per month

39 month Lease
    Money Factor = .75
    Lease = $399
    He didn't give me any other numbers (such as incentives etc).
    He REFUSED to believe the posts on this forum (I took printout with me) and would not budge from these figures. If anyone got a deal in the NY/NJ area, I would be happy to give that dealership another customer. :cry:
  • westham999westham999 Member Posts: 5
    After yesterday's debacle, my first real lease quote -

x-plan is 29838.08
    residual is 16942.50
    total term depreciation is 12916.35
    monthly lease charge is 9.68
    tax is 35.69/mo
    rebate is 1250
    total monthly payment comes to 369.47
    This is awd sel in blazing copper with charcoal leather, 18" chrome
    clad,seating flexibility

Not sure about the TAX $ but would appreciate feedback.
    Thanks
  • aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    I can't comment too much on your current offer, but an e-mail exchange with a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer just revealed that Ford plans on sending out new leasing figures this Monday (6/9).

I would imagine that they'll be a better deal given Ford's poor performance this past quarter. Can't count on it, though...
    Car Man:

Can you post the lease rates and residuals for the 2007 Edge SEL+ both AWD and FWD for 36 and 39 month leases with 12000 miles per year? The information was supposed to change today. Thank you.
    Just chatted with my local dealer and he said that the info doesn't come out until tomorrow. June lease deals still apply today. He should know tomorrow around noon.
  • jrammjramm Member Posts: 14
    Tried to get an Edge this past Saturday, here is what I was quoted (which didn't add up).

Vehicle: Edge SEL, pewter/lt gray, al. wheels, cargo system, roof rails, sat. radio.

State: TX
    MSRP: $28,740
    Price: $26,200
    Res.: 52%
    Finance: .5
    Payment: $418 (36mo/12mi)

They were to far off on my trade and I'm not going to buy a new car without getting rid of the old one first, but I would still like some clarity, because I think (and want) the payment should be lower.

I would also like to see the residual be a little higher, but they say this is set by Ford.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    For a 24 month / 12k lease:

Edge AWD SEL+
    $1250 rebate
    63% residual
    .75 money factor

Received today from a Ford dealer. The money factor is obviously off by some factor. I can't figure out if this dealer is quoting me the APR (.75%) or if it's some weird multiple of the money factor (actually 0.00075 or 1.8% APR). Any ideas? It looks like the rest of the money factors in this thread are also quoted in that same strange fashion.

I asked him about it and he responded by telling me that:

"Rate = Money Factor in a lease. The rate that we use to work a lease payment on the Edge is .75. The 3 factors we use to get a lease payment is Rate, Residual and Rebate and of course the cap cost and high MSRP."

Completely unhelpful!
    The .75 is the APR. That is why these leases are so attractive right now. The old rate was .5, so the dealer may be marking it up .25 to make additional cash on you. Ask them what the Ford's best rate is to see if they are making it up.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Divide the .75% APR by 2400 to get the approximate equivalent money factor.

Very, very low..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• elliemaejelliemaej Member Posts: 79
    Does anyone know how accurate the FordDirect lease calculator is to actual pricing?
    I've decided to replace my Pacifica lease with an Edge.
    The dealer did not have the combination I was looking for on the lot but said he could locate one for me.
    I asked for a ballpark number on one one the lot that was close to what I'm looking at.
    He gave me $460 for 36 month/12k miles or $490 for 36 month/15k miles. It seemed really high.
    Since I hadnt seen this site yet, I didnt ask for the breakdown. He told me that roughly $100 was due to taxes.
    According to him in CT, property taxes are included in the lease price (wasnt that way with Chrysler). Even so, it seemed high.
    I built the same car as he quoted me on FordDirect site and the numbers are waaaayyy lower.
    Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
    PS.. this is the same dealer that I need to return my Pacifica to.
    Are you returning your Pacifica early? If so, there will be extra charges for doing that. The current residuals for a 36 month, 12000 mile per year lease are 51% for a FWD Edge and 52% for an AWD Edge. The lease interest rate is somewhere around .75% to 1% for top tier credit. There is a $595 acquisition fee as well.
    My last lease payment with Chrysler is Aug 23, so I have until Sep 23 to turn it in.
    I may have to turn it in slightly early due to the low availability of FWD SEL pluses in my area. If I wait until late Aug/ early Sep, I think I will have to take what is left over and not have a good choice of colors, etc.

Does anyone know what the residuals and lease rates are for a 24 month FWD SEL plus now. According to the FordDirect site, there is a 1750 cashback now also. That helps alot.
    I have been given lease rates of .75% and a residual of 62% for a Edge SEL+ FWD for 12,000 mile per year 2 year lease, with residuals being 2% less for a 15,000 mile per year lease. That was yesterday. Good luck. Don't forget the $595 acquisition fee in your calculations. What part of the country are you located?
    I live in Connecticut. Is the residual value calculated on MSRP or sale price?
This discussion has been closed.