Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Navigation System

qe2qe2 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in INFINITI
I am looking for a way to bypass the navigation screen lockout feature when the vehicle starts moving. I want to be able to have the passenger search in the database for long range restaurants, gas stations or other points of interest instead of always doing this task when at a standstill. This is one feature about the Nav system I do not like.

Comments

• patpat Member Posts: 10,421
  • jjs4jjs4 Member Posts: 14
    Guess you never got an answer?

If not, reply asap and I'll check with the tech guy who showed me the "hack" for my Lexus. It needs to be done every trip you want to use the lockout, but on certain trips it is worth the trouble. A permanent lockout would be ideal but...?
  • qe2qe2 Member Posts: 3
    I never did get an answer, and I would love to hear from your tech guy with a fix, even if you have to reset it each time.
  • jjs4jjs4 Member Posts: 14
    Sadly, today my guy has no solution. He has decided to only support Lexus ( 2 man operation). He had no tips on where to look either.
    If anyone can help...
  • elderjakeelderjake Member Posts: 1
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A WORK AROUND FOR THE EUROPEAN MAPS FOR THE SYSTEM.

NISSAN AND THE NAVIGATION COMPANY IS PLAYING GAMES I WOULD LOVE TO USE MY SYSTEM IN EUROPE
  • djdj3djdj3 Member Posts: 3
    how do you reset your home in the navigation system? My husband set it wrong when we left the dealership and I want to finally fix it...
  • lchubblchubb Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if there was ever a solution to the Navigation lock out on a 2008 QX56? We purchased a used one in April and took a 4400 mile vacation this summer pulling a 27 foot travel trailer. Not being able to research gas stations, next city and how long it would take to get there, places to stay, etc. was a major inconvenience and very unproductive. If the vehicle can detect a passenger sitting in the passenger seat to turn on and off airbags, it should be able to enable the Navigation system if there is a passenger. In my opinion, when pulling a 27 foot travel trailer, it is much more dangerous to have to pull off the road to use the system, not to mention the amount of time it cuts into your trip. Next time, we will take our portable unit instead of relying on the qx's navigation system. Did anyone come up with a resolution to the problem? Would really appreciate knowing.
  • qe2qe2 Member Posts: 3
    I am still researching this issue. I might have a solution but I have not gotten with my infiniti mechanic to try it. I hopefully will be able to post a possible solution soon.
This discussion has been closed.