Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Disco I Service Engine light

discoveryone2discoveryone2 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Land Rover
My "service engine" light switched on. Car has about 85000. Owners manual says this indicates need to service it. Checked for problems with OBD scanner and all is normal, zero codes. This feels like a routine maintenance prompt. Anybody know what this is and how expensive this maintenamnce is? Thanks, B.

Comments

• alphalandroveralphalandrover Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where the fuse box for the dashboard is in a 1997 landrover. I just purchased one without the users manual.
  • nanuqnanuq Member Posts: 765
    Yep, normal light... it takes a Testbook to reset it, available only at your friendly Land-Rover service dept.

(sigh)
  • tomy04tomy04 Member Posts: 6
    you can check you passage side footwell, and trying to find a small control unit with a tamperproof label. remove that unit from plug, and remove tamper proof label,will find a small hole for resetting. :)
  • plesterplester Member Posts: 3
    I cannot locate where to put the transmission fluid and why does the "Service Engine Soon" light stays on even after being serviced.
  • plesterplester Member Posts: 3
    Do you have this information for the Disco II?
  • crazyforyoucrazyforyou Member Posts: 1
    does anyone know how to replace the accelerator cable/spring on a 1996 discovery se7.
  • jstolljstoll Member Posts: 1
    Is anyone familiar with this code. 2000 disco II with 100k.
This discussion has been closed.