Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Nissan Rogue

Comments

• charlieb53charlieb53 Member Posts: 25
    I hope its at least in the upper twenties.My daughters Sonata is averaging 25 MPG with a 5speed and 4cylinder.It has 1500 miles on so hopefully it will get alittle better.With AWD if the Rogue does anything near that I would be happy.
  • brett2007brett2007 Member Posts: 39
    Anyone have any new info?
    Any idea when official specs will be released by Nissan?
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    what are you looking for as far as Specs ? Nissan released the Altima Coupe earlier then what it said it was, so maybe the same thing well happen with the Rouge..

I have seen 2 of them here in Phoenix, with manufacture plates on them (AZ is known for its hit weather testing) and I really like what I have seen.
    In particular, I am hoping for:

* a pricing break-down
    * MPG ratings
    * color/interior choices

Any chance you could get some spy shots?
    Have you seen any different colors?
    That would be nice.I would settle for a photo of one in any color but that one they keep on showing.
    since the Rouge hasn't been released the info you are looking for hasn't be released. Prices, colors, options aren't released until release date..

Tony
    Sometimes this info is available before the release date, especially pricing and MPG rating. If you look at the nissannews.com site, Nissan has already released some of their '08 models' pricing.

-Brett
    Last year during Heroes, we saw a lot of the Nissan Versa, looks like this year it'll be the Rogue.

"...In this one-of-a-kind deal, Nissan will use "Heroes" as the central hub of a multi-pronged marketing campaign for the launch of its new crossover vehicle, the Nissan Rogue. The campaign will kick off on the night of the "Heroes" season premiere, which will be exclusively sponsored by Nissan and broadcast with limited commercial interruption. To further enhance the viewer connection to the Rogue, the vehicle will be integrated into the premiere episode and driven by a main character."

Full story here:
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070613nbc02
    I don't know where carsdirect supposedly got this info since I haven't seen it released anywhere else. So I'd take this info with a grain of salt. I couldn't find any MPG info on their site.

http://www.carsdirect.com/2008/nissan/rogue/colors
    Release date is supposed to be Sept or Oct?
    well Currently Nissan is saying "This Fall" as the offical release of the Rouge. The Altima Coupe was to havae been released this summer, and it was released early, so go figure...
    In the Nissan e-newsletter I got a couple days ago, it said:

Rogue. A Whole New Crossover
    Ready. Set. Go to NissanUSA.com/rogue to see the latest addition to our family, the all-new Nissan Rogue. Designed to stay one step ahead of the ever-changing city landscape, the Rogue comes with our smooth-shifting Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission) and can be equipped with all-wheel drive, race-inspired paddle shifters and 17" alloy wheels. An available Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System(1) and available Intelligent Key for both keyless entry and keyless ignition add impressive street smarts. And for pure entertainment value, you can opt for the in-dash 6-CD Bose® audio system that will play MP3 files burned on disc and has an auxiliary input that is compatible with your iPod®(2). The all-new 2008 Nissan Rogue will be ready to take on city life this September. How about you?
  • extech2extech2 Member Posts: 120
    I'm having a problem pronouncing Rogue and some posters here call it the Rouge which means lipstick in French - so - for the sake of simplicity - can we call it the Nissan Rocky? If you can think of a better name, please post it here.
    I like the name.
    It's definitely easier than the Japanese model's name: Qashqai.
    Or VW's forthcoming Tiguan.

Do you have the same problem pronouncing the X-Men character of the same name?
    I hadn't noticed anyone typing Rouge by mistake.
  • leseuldanielleseuldaniel Member Posts: 45
    Before it was corrected a few months ago, it was Rouge all over the place in this forum. To be exact, it means red in french...

I have been expecting specs on this one, as well as pricing, since I am really interested. After looking at the others in the category, my opinion is that it will have a hard time positioning. To me, Rav4 V6 is the powerful and reliable, Santa Fe is the comfy and smooth, and Outlander has the gadgets and bang for the buck. The Rogue better be affordable and great on gas, or else we will be seeing good deals soon after release.... And by great on gas, I hope for much better than the 23-25 average most Rav4 V6 owners posted here, which is outstanding for 269hp!

Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • lostwrenchlostwrench Member Posts: 288
    Rouge in French means red,not lipstick.
    The v4 Toyota RAV-4 has less HP than what the Rogue is claiming. It supposedly gets 2WD: 24 / 30
    4WD: 23 / 27 MPG, so hopefully Rogue will get this or better.

The basic v6 4x4 RAV-4 starts at $25,450 with the limited starting at $27,365. I'm expecting to Rogue to fall more in line with the v4 pricing. Does the v6 on the RAV4 require premium gas?

I wish the RAV-4 redesign was for '08 instead of in a few more years. The one-piece horizontal-swing tailgate is the real deal breaker for me.

The one on my Liberty is a pain, but at least the top portion of it lifts upward so you can toss stuff in the back if you are unable to swing open the lower half (due to car parked behind, etc). This split is also convenient if you have something long that needs to stick out the back. The RAV-4s horizontal back door offers none of this.
    My 3.0 Mazda Tribute gets 22 MPG on the highway.City driving is were it drops off.15 or 16 I guess.Gas prices the way they are,that gets expensive.Whats the best that can be expected from a 4 cylinder AWD in city driving?
  • kimkaytkimkayt Member Posts: 15
    Been driving the Murano for 3 years and anxiously waiting to see the Rogue, may be my next car IF it has the NAV option; the European version has it (saw it in some photos on an autoblog.com site) - if it doesn't, don't know what else to consider, don't really need anything as big as the Murano now -
    What kind of MPGs do you get with the Murano?The reason I am waiting to see what the Rogue is capable of is because I had great luck with every Nissan I've ever owned.There are alternatives like the RAV 4,Patriot and CRV.
    I haven't seen anything announcing a GPS option for the Rogue. From the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like it has a spot for it like the Qashqai does.

An external GPS is easy enough to add later, so not critical for me, especially since generally the external GPS tends to cost much less than a built-in one.

I really like the look of the Murano, but I didn't think the fuel economy was that great. I think the AWD model is listed as getting 17 city 23 hwy..

http://www.fueleconomy.gov has some decent info, but not enough samples to get a good mpg picture for later models.
    I can get 20mpg on the highway when I average 80mph, but recently drove about 60mph (had a friend following me pulling a horse trailer) and I averaged 26mpg - this car can be very efficient if you're not a speed demon!
    Not bad, do you have the AWD model?
    Do you do mostly highway driving?

The reason I am asking is that my commute is mostly backroads, averaging 30-45 MPH. And with the winters her in the northeast, I would definitely want an AWD or part-time 4WD vehicle. The AWD tends to drop the MPG a little.
    No, I don't have AWD, I would say my drive is 50% highway and 50% city. The mileage doesn't vary much when I'm going from city/highway, but is sure does depending on the highway speed ... as much as 4mpg - 1 feature I do not like is the "miles left" on tank of gas ... it says I have 50 miles left, then 48, then 40, then 30, then 15, then 0 - and I'm 8 miles from a gas station! What is that? My X5 was incredibly accurate, to the 1/10th of mile...
    Thats not bad MPGs.My daughter bought a 07 Sonata 4 cylinder and 5 speed.Babying alittle I got it up to 31.1 but she told me it normally gets lower to mid twenties overall.
  • mikelevine64mikelevine64 Member Posts: 39
    This appeared on Edmunds Insideline. Not much NEW info :(

www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=121505
  • kellyb2kellyb2 Member Posts: 7
    I noticed in some interior pictures of the Rogue that the driver's seat has manual adjustments. I really hope power seats will be an option. That is one of the biggest things I dislike about the new CRV. Why in the world wouldn't they offer a power driver's seat? :confuse:
    Maybe it will be part of a package,like Hyundai?
    Hi guys,

I was just invited by email to an exclusive preview presentation of the Nissan Rogue on August 13th. It happens at a dealership near Montreal, by invitation only though...I'll keep you posted...
    Has anyone looked at the Infiniti EX concept car? It's sharp, and has the NAV system - perhaps standard . . . look on the Infiniti website, it will be out "Winter 2007" whatever that means -
  • msdarkdivamsdarkdiva Member Posts: 13
    leseuldaniel, thanks for posting that! It made me check my email and I received an invitation as well- guess I'll be seeing you on August 13th!

After a long wait, Nissan has finally updated their specs for the Rogue. If your wondering about the Rogue's EPA Fuel Economy, it's listed as:

AWD
    City/Highway: 21/26

2WD
    City/Highway: 22/27

Full Rogue Specs
    Hum....

I have to say I am disappointed with the fuel economy. It is insignificantly better than others in the category such as the Outlander (19/26)or Rav4 (21/28) which offer modern and much more powerful engines...

I wonder more than ever where Nissan is going with this, how they expect to position themselves in that competitive market. Their last chance to stand out is by selling it for cheap, very cheap. Starting around 21-22K CAN....

I guess we'll see...
  • mikelevine64mikelevine64 Member Posts: 39
    Come on Nissan !

No Leather or Bluetooth unless you purchase AWD :mad:

What a scam :(
    Didnt they change the way they estimate the fuel economy in the US?
    Apparently, manufacturers will be making the change in 2008.
    Well, it may not be much better in comparison to the Outlander and Rav4, but it’s not much worse either!

The Rav4 would have been first in my book but I live on a street where people park like sardines! So, the fact that it doesn’t have a rear lift-gate is a deal breaker!

*Snicker* Cheap, very cheap? That depends on what you want! Poor mikelevine64 just posted that in the U.S. you don’t get Leather or Bluetooth unless you purchase AWD... and you and I know in Canada- it’s All or Nuthin’ when it comes to options! For your 21-22K CAN, you’re getting bare-bones nuthin’ (c’mon you know it)!

You want Bluetooth? You’re going for the Premium Package, SL, AWD, baby- and that’s NOT going to be anywhere near 21-22K Canadian!

But hey, they haven’t priced them yet, so, hope springs eternal (I'd be a very happy camper too)!
    Yeah,I am not crazy about the way the rear door opens either.
  • kellyb2kellyb2 Member Posts: 7
    Yeah, it had better be significantly cheaper than the RAV4, or its a no-brainer.
  • psychoartpsychoart Member Posts: 17
    As far as I know, there's really no car competing against the Rogue.

This car is just the car that I'm looking for. I have to say that Renault/Nissan is really doing a great job.

Mazda has failed to succed with its CX-7 and CX-9. Mazda is definitely off target. So Mazda is planning to get a smaller version SUV, but it will not come as soon as the end of this year.

I'm 98% sold on the Rogue. It's has all the features needed, and IMO the price would be correct (i.e. in $25k fully loaded).
    If the Rogue costs above $25k, then it will be not worth it: a loaded V6 AWD XLS Outlander 7 seat costs $28k with HID, rear LED, and 10" subwoofer system.

The projected VW Tiguan would be nice with a diesel 4wd. Yet, I can already predict the VW j@cked up price, reliability :lemon: , and delay.

I've considered the RAV4 awd, but it's too big on a daily basis. And the RAV4 also lacks a lot of features such as CVT w/ paddle shifted, and HID.

The new Outlander was rated high in my list as well, but as a daily car, it's too big to be handled daily. If the price justify the ownership, then the Outlander would be the next one on top of the list.

I not only need clearance & an 4wd for snow during winter time but also compactness for daily use in traffic and in city manoeuvers, smaller displacement for better mpg yet with enough hp and torque for passing manoeuver, luxury features such as CVT for a more relax ride, safety features such as HID in night driving, and much more...

Frankly, there's no one out there yet with such car, except the Rogue which will arrive by the end of this year.

For someone like me who cannot be late at all for work even if there was a snowstorm outside, this is a must have.

The Rogue wouldn't be able to compete against the Impreza WRX in term of straight performance. But the Impreza doesn't have the clearance to do the job in heavy snow. And the extra luxury stuffs that the Rogue offers is incomparable in its class.
    I had been hoping for a slightly higher MPG for the AWD model, but (assuming these numbers are using the new '08 calculations) it should get about the same as my wife's Outback wagon.

I saw these Canadian prices posted on another forum, not sure how accurate they are, or how different the US prices will be. Its lists "Tech Packages", but unless they mean the moonroof, I see no sep "Tech Packages" in the official specs:

Here are the Canadian pricing for the 2008 Nissan Rogue quoted by Agincourt Nissan, a Toronto dealer;

$23,600 - 2.5S (FWD) CVT
    $26,000 - 2.5SL (FWD) CVT
    $28,200 - 2.5SL (FWD) CVT w/ Premium Package

$26,200 - 2.5S (AWD) CVT
    $28,000 - 2.5SL (AWD) CVT
    $30,000 - 2.5SL (AWD) CVT w/ Premium Package
    $32,000 - 2.5SL (AWD) CVT w/ Premium + Leather Packages
    $32,700 - 2.5 SL (AWD) CVT w/ Premium + Leather + Tech Packages

Also, the official power ratings are;
    Horsepower is 175 HP @ 5600 rpm
    Torque is 180 lb-ft @ 3900 rpm

It will be available for viewing at Toronto's Nissan dealerships on August 15

One person responded saying "$29,400 American for the full deal", not sure how he came up with that number, its not just a direct $CA to $US conversion.

I assume these are the MSRPs and you could prob get it for a little less?

Through work we get the following deal from Nissan (and Infiniti):

Through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), Business Associates pay a pre-negotiated price for a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus delivery fee, plus a destination and handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee.

For Business Associates, the VPP price is calculated as follows:
    D PLAN

* Dealer invoice
    * Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
    * Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
    * Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
    * Plus destination and handling charge
    * Minus applicable incentives
    * Equals participant's purchase price

When a dealership sells a new vehicle to you at the pre-negotiated price indicated above, it qualifies for a 5 percent delivery fee. For Business Associate companies and their employees and the employee's spouse (D Plan), NNA pays half the fee and the customer pays the other half. Please note that only dealerships in the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska are eligible to participate in the VPP.

So overall I think it works out to a little less than the dealer invoice price.
    I'm hoping the Rogue won't be excluded from this deal.

I think I would prob get the AWD 2.5 SL + Premium + Leather (mostly to get homelink/compass mirror) and I'd pass on the moonroof unless it wasn't that expensive.
    Well, I looked at the specs thoroughly, it even though the Rogue was on my top 3 list, its last chance was to be priced right, since it does not really stand out anywhere else (but we never know, have to wait to see how it handles in real life.)

And from the previous post, it seems it will be more expensive than a similarly equiped Outlander, which has 220hp V6, 10yr warranty and near-unanimous great reviews...

When you come late to the party, like Nissan just did in this segment, you just got to bring something exceptional to get noticed. As far as I am concerned, this is not the case here.

At least 3000 CAD overpriced. I'll still go and see it though. And on the size aspect, it seems within a few inches from all other small SUvs/CUVs in the segment.

Disappointed afer months of waiting.

Just my 2 cents.
  • bigrobertbigrobert Member Posts: 15
    Here's the option packages

Can't get leather pack without Premium pack but it seems that you can have Tech pack without Premium and Leather

Premium pack
    Manual shift mode
    Compact spare tire (to make place for underfloor cargo space)
    1500 lbs towing capacity
    Fog light (front)
    Power sliding glass sunroof
    Sunroof with one-touch open/close
    Prewired for hitching
    Luggage cover
    Cruise control with steering-wheel-mounted controls
    Outside temperature display
    Onboard computer
    Driver visor vanity mirror
    Driver illuminated visor vanity mirrors
    Passenger illuminated visor vanity mirrors
    Audio system with AM/FM/in-dash 6-CD changer
    6 speakers (vs 4)
    Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls

Leather pack

Leather seating surfaces
    Leather-wrapped steering wheel
    8-way power adjustable driver's seat
    Leather-wrapped floor-mounted gated transmission shifter
    Digital compass
    Auto-dimming rearview mirror
    Power front windows with one-touch auto-up/down (Driver)
    HomeLink® universal garage-door opener
    Digital Bose® audio system with 8 speakers
    Subwoofer
    Radio Data System (RDS)

Tech pack

Intelligent Key keyless entry and ignition system
    Voice recognition System
    Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System
    XMTM Satellite Radio
  • cpcacpca Member Posts: 20
    Well, not happy on two fronts: the mileage, and the necessity to force customers to buy the AWD in order to get the good options. The mileage had better be based on different testing specs - otherwise, there's no way it should be that much less than the RAV4's 24/30. And the option packaging is just inexcusable. We test-drove everything else (CRV, RAV4, Subaru) 2 months ago and have been patiently waiting. And if the pricing is higher than expected ... :(
    Can you get the Tech Package and Premium pack together ? Living here in PHX,AZ I really dont want leather...

I have a 07 Versa SL with Convience package, and love the bluetooth and Intelli-key and they are a must in my next car..

Tony
    Seems that Premium and tech are available (alone or combine) on all the model

But you can have leather pack only with SL AWD
    I thought the Outlander looked like an attractive package and then I saw the fuel economy. Like the Saturn VUE the fuel economy is horrible for the AWD model, in part because of the forced V6.

4WD Outlander is 17 city 23 hwy (according to fueleconomy.gov in '08 formula)

Rogue is still at the top of my list (if I decide to stay with an SUV/Crossover). Oulander and VUE fuel economy is just too low.
  • xgbtxgbt Member Posts: 28
    Looks very good on paper! It has everything I need and the Canadian price is very attractive (more for less than the CR-V and the 4-cylinder RAV4).

Just hope that it sits comfortably inside and rides comfortably on the road...

Previously on the top of my list is the CX-7. Now the Rogue comes in $5,500 cheaper! (CAD price) Never mind the lower horsepower as I don't want speeding tickets. But better gas mileage and not having to fill in premium (to get stated performace) is a plus! :)
    Do you have any idea when the Rouge well be released ?

How abour Pricing ?
    Hi,

I'm a 6'5" - 240 pounds guy.

Now I just fit in my Honda CRV 2002 with sunroof, my hair touch the top

Do you think I can fit in the Rogue?

Can't wait to know if I fit in a Rogue with sunroof
  • xgbtxgbt Member Posts: 28
    I guess it will be as tight as your CRV. The Rogue is a compact. You should look at mid-size like the Murano, or the RAV4 which has lots of headroom.
This discussion has been closed.