Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition Reprogramming the Remote

dodasastdodasast Member Posts: 2
Someone broke into my 2000 Expedition, stole my wallet, keys etc. I have another remote here but need to Re program it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Comments

• mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Want to do something really smart, visit your dealer and he can deactivate the key that was solen so it won't start your truck anymore.
  • badcobrabadcobra Member Posts: 5
    Very easy!!! YOU MUST HAVE ALL OF THE REMOTES YOU WANT TO PROGRAM INTO THIS VEHICLE. First, insert the key into the ignition (must be the proper key which turns the vehicle on). Then, switch the key to on postion (all the way on where all dash lights are on pre-ignition). Turn the ignition to the off position, then back on again fast. Like revving a motocycle throttle. You will do this about 3-4 times, sometimes 5. YOU MUST END IN THE ON POSITION HOWEVER. All of a sudden, the locks will lock and unlock fast about 3 times. This means the system is in learn mode. Now, press the lock button on ALL of the remotes you want to program to that vehicle. You are done. Shut the car off and test. You can't damages anything by doing this. I am a Ford nut and have done this on Windstars, Mustangs, Expeditions, Crown Vics, and the same Mercury vehicles. It is easy and if you need my help, just say so. Good luck.
  • lhwilllhwill Member Posts: 5
    Our 2000 Ford Expedition's keyless remote stopped working, actually the 1/2 key doesnt work and that messes up our whole code. Does anyone know how to fix this? or just how to reset it without having to use that key in the code?
  • dodasastdodasast Member Posts: 2
    Not sure about the door keyless entry but i am sure you can google "2000 Ford keyless entry re programming" and come up with an answer-that is how i got the answer to reprogramming the remote,

Good luck
  • badcobrabadcobra Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    You need to go to your manual and read under "Keyless Entry", then, you enter the code that comes printed on your card when you bought the truck. If you had misfortune like me, I had to remove the right front kick panel and search for the "keyless entry module" that has the code printed right on it. On my 2003 Expedition, that is how it is. On some older FORD vehicles, the code is actually printed on the tailgate on the edge somewhere (only visible if you open the gate". Either way, once you get that "master code", you enter it, and then in your manual, it tells you what key to enter first, following that, you can now enter a new (your own) code. i hope that helps. Google is always helpful too.
  • smartin3smartin3 Member Posts: 1
    the new remote seemed to program ok. the lck and unlck feature started to work but the unlock doesn't disable the alarm so the car won't start. also holding the bottom rt button down three seconds used to activate the remote start now it's not working on any of the remotes. help Martin
  • spdk9spdk9 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Ford Expedition with a remote keyless entry that only works when the vehcicle is NOT running. Is there a way to program the keyless entry remote to work hile the vehicle is running.

thank you
    matt
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    I have a 2001 Ford Expedition with a remote keyless entry that only works when the vehcicle is NOT running. Is there a way to program the keyless entry remote to work hile the vehicle is running.
    No in 2001 that was the design. I think it may have been as late as 04 or 05 when they made them to work with the car running.
  • brian727brian727 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    with key remote i can unlock the vehicle but i cannot remotely lock the vechicle or lock it at the remote key pad with 89. 1999 explorer eddie bauer
  • xclusive314xclusive314 Member Posts: 1
    THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! THIS WORKED PERFECTLY!!!
  • daredneckkingdaredneckking Member Posts: 1
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I used someone else's posts and I could only get 1of2 remotes to work, so after about 20 mins of that nonsense I found your post and whatta ya know, IT WORK'D, YEAH!!!!!!! Thanks Bro..