Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Reliability

13»

Comments

• aahakeaahake Member Posts: 1
    The seller is asking for $6k. It sounds like a great price for that car, but I'm worried about the things I've read on this thread.

I just wonder that if the car has ran fine up to this point, no major problems, then that means it won't have any now?

But others have told me that the problems start after 50k miles? Any opinions?
  • setmatchsetmatch Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have purchased a 2006 audi a4 with a 3.2 engine, automatic. The thing is that it has a salvaged title(passengers side was hit). I took it to dealer before purchasing he said no frame damage or mechanical, the car is fine.
    I am wondering what steps i should take to be sure that this car lasts? When and what should i change and how often? As you can tell i am a NEWBIE to German Cars, any help would be apprecieated.
  • gee8gee8 Member Posts: 1
    i have 2005.5 A4 turbo... it has 55,000 miles on it and it shivers.... took it to the dealer to check it out and they cannot tell me what is wrong with my car... they r telling me that they will start pulling my car apart.... piece by piece to figure out what is wrong with it... and why it is doing it.......... they dont know whats causing it so i dont know where they r going to start and they want to charge me labor and parts for what they think they will used .... no estimate of how much it will cost...... no assurance that they will fix the problem even after spending x amount of dollars. i called audi of usa to see if their tec could help to determine where the problem comes from and what is causing it...... sorry we have 50,000k warranty its out ! now your only choice is to do what dealer says......and but he doest know what to do .... so i am lost ... i wish they told me that our tec only make cars they dont know how to fix them if something goes wrong with it.
  • luis8614luis8614 Member Posts: 1
    A few weeks ago my car started driving strangely and while stopped at a light I realized that the car was actually making very loud noises and the front end of the car was shaking violently. The car stalled and when I tried to turn it back on nothing happened. I noticed an EPC light on the instrument panel. I ended up calling Audi roadside assistance and they came and towed the car to the dealership.

My service rep informed me that after inspecting the car it was decided that a new engine would be ordered. She stated that a representative from Audi of America had to come to the shop, taken some parts and he had placed the order for the new engine.

The service report states the following:
    Bad Engine; pulled plugs and found the plugs and pistons damaged on cylinders 1,2, and 3. Pistons are all pitted.

I am now concerned about several things, the car only has about 17k left of warranty and I am very worried that something will go wrong after the warranty expires. I am also concerned that a carfax report will show that the engine was replaced and that will affect the resale value.

I am hoping for some input from forum members as far as what I should/could do next. Do I have a legitimate reason to file a complaint with Audi? I’m hoping that at the very least they would extend my warranty. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Luis
  • gforakergforaker Member Posts: 14
    Just found this thread. Don't forget that people with problems are far more likely to post on forums like this.

The wife has a 2001 A4 with over 150k miles, almost all put on by her, the rest by me. The car looks and drives like new. Sure there have been a few problems over the years, but only a few. The biggest was last year when she finally had the dealer fix a small leak and wiring problem (some of the warning sensors would go off occasionally) on the back side of the engine. Major disassembly was required and I think the total bill was around $2000. She felt it worthwhile because she will keep the car several more years. Other than that, struts, brakes and such which are normal. She now has a slow leak in the AC so we just recharge it every Spring and it lasts til Winter. She absolutely loves the car.
  • spencerpoolespencerpoole Member Posts: 1
    To anyone who either owns an A4 or is considering getting one, some quick words of advice:

I currently drive a 2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro; as many others on this forum have posted, the vehicle drives great and has considerable pick up. I love the way it looks and the interior; that said, I have some serious issues with both the reliability and the care provided by Audi dealerships.

When I purchased my Audi, it was eight years old with 88k miles on it; it drove fine in the test drive and for the first several months afterwards. Since then, I have nearly bought it again in repairs. I had to get my power steering pump and front bushels replaced, twice; my A/C unit had to be replaced. I cannot stress enough the costs associated with owning this vehicle. To make matters worse, the primary motivation of ALL employees I have come into contact with at the Audi dealership seems to be getting my car in there once a month. As previously mentioned in this forum, Audi is very hesitant to stand by their product and quality of repair/maintenance. If you or anyone you know is considering purchasing this vehicle, drop the money to get it checked out by a mechanic you trust; in addition, I hope you have a good bit of disposable income because chances are you will get hit with a hefty repair bill at some point.

For all you a4 owners out there, if any of you live in the Atlanta area and know a good mechanic who specializes in german vehicles and is trustworthy and affordable, please let me know.
  • ragtop53ragtop53 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Thought I would share my experiences with my 2005 Audi A4 Cabriolet. Loved the looks of the car, and the Dolphin gray color with light leather interior was very sharp. Bought the car with just under 40,000 miles and it had been well cared for, with hardly a scratch on it, and a pristine interior with an engine compartment you could eat off of. It handled great and got excellent gas mileage of 30 plus on a 1000 mile driving vacation.
    As for the reliability, it began having issues as soon as that trip ended. A coolant puddle appeared in the garage under the car and came with a repair bill of several hundred dollars. The windshield washer reservoir and pump failed within another month and another few hundred to repair. Tail lamp bulbs burned out along with center brake light strip for another three hundred. It was at this point where I became frustrated, cause I would have liked to replace the bulbs myself, but this required removing panels inside the trunk. Even changing the air filter required major disassembling of intake, which I found out after purchasing a K&N filter replacement. I was told by the service manager that repair work was where Audi makes the money, so it is not designed for much owner upkeep.
    The check engine light problems finally put me over the edge, and prompted me to buy my own hand held code reader rather than pay the dealer $69 to reset. My A4 had the CVT type transmission, and one of the codes Audi determined would require a new valve body at $2000. It was at this point I started looking to the internet to see if this issue was common with A4's having so few miles on them. Sure enough there are problems with the CVT transmissions and even though it is not recommended in the owners manual, the CVT fluid should probably be changed out every 25,000 miles. Failure to do so will cost money, since when the fluid ages it creates a variety of problems with seals and hydraulic pressure. I opted to give changing out the fluid for a couple of hundred, to see if this might help the hydraulic pressure and possibly reset the code. At this point I had no shifting issues or indications of transmission problems, the car had only 40,000 miles, and the code stayed reset for a week and then came back. After reading more horror stories about CVT transmission issues and $6000 replacement costs, I had some decisions to make. I had spent well over a thousand in repairs for the 3,000 miles we had driven the car, and still had a check engine light and code that would not reset. So I decided to fold my hand and limit my losses, and part with this car after less than a year. A 40K automobile should have better reliability!
    Still think the A4 Cabrio is a beautiful car, but to much wallet liability for me to worry about.
    If you ar thinking of purchasing an Audi A4, stay away from the CVT, and purchase an extended warranty to limit your liability. These cars seem to do well for the warranty period, but then require deep pockets to keep up.
  • slee_stackslee_stack Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2011
    You could argue the same for many makes. And used cars are always a gamble. Cars can look spotless and have a steady service history and be owned by a little old lady. But some little old ladies don't drive like the stereotype might suggest. And some have relatives who beat the snot out of their car when they borrow it. Point is, don't judge a book (or car) by its cover.

I owned a Saab which had its share of CELs and fixes, but I was good with doing repair work myself and hunting for reasonably priced parts instead of buying retail from a dealer. Overall the car was fantastic, but its the kind of vehicle that really requires an owner with mechanical aptitude AND genuine interest. I had a similar coolant leak and took care of it myself in <2 hours and with $15 worth of parts (or less). The most expensive repair I ever had to make was a new DIC which set me back $150 buying one online. An owner that doesn't know any better would have forked over $500 to a dealer to install one (a 10 minute job by the way).

In your case with the A4 you probably made the right decision to get out from it. If working on cars was a hobby you enjoyed, it might have been worth holding onto.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    What's CELs and DIC?
    CEL is "Check Engine Light".
    Thanks.
  • jtran2012jtran2012 Member Posts: 1
    Hey gforaker,

I have heard good things from my dad who takes our 2006 525i and 2006 325i (also 1998 Honda Prelude too, but you wanted to know about German cars) to Summit Auto in Decatur, GA.

You can check them out on yelp and find more info about them on Google. They specialize in imports (European and Japanese Cars).

It's a bit far out from where I am from (Alpharetta) but my dad says it's worth it.
  • wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    I used to drive from Alpharetta to Stone Mountain for Dwight Harrison VW. Well worth it and the best dealership I ever had the experience of visiting. For a good dealership a 30 or even 40 minute drive is well worth it.
  • 3boysmom13boysmom1 Member Posts: 1
    Eddie,
    I'm getting ready to purchase a 2005 A4 convertible with only 32k miles on it. It has been garage kept and is beautiful.
    Wondering if you are still pleased with yours and if you have had any problems? This forum does cause me some concern and I've never owned an import. I know, American only but have been blessed. Husband's Lumina has over 241k miles and he changes the oil when the light comes on! Crazy!
    Thanks
  • eddie650eddie650 Member Posts: 26
    Yes, I have the 2005+ 4 cylinder A4 convertible, and I have no regrets with my purchase. Mine has about 69,000 miles. I was glad that my original warranty lasted 50,000 miles (I think that was the figure) since I needed some repairs and they were covered. I think Audi has more problem cars on the road than normal, but I seem to have bought one of the OK ones. I bought the car because I liked this convertible rather than the others out there. So far, I'd say that my repair record has been average. I drive the car more carefully than I did my Honda Accord since I'm anxious to avoid expensive repairs.

Hope this helps.

Eddie
  • brepeibrepei Member Posts: 10
    I had an A4 -2006, it was a beatiful car, handled real nice. It was a turbo Quatro and it was very fast and responsive. It only had 25,000 miles on it when I bought it in 2009 and I got it for a good price. But that's when I started having problems, I only had it a few days when it started missing and had no power. I returned it to the dealer and it took a couple of visits to find the problem, it was a bad cylinder coil (under warranty thank goodness) and 2 months later the same problem in another cylinder (also under warranty, whew!). In the meantime I got a letter from Audi that said they were having problems with the coils and that all future problems with them would be covered. I had previously owned a 98 Camary and I had only routine mantanence costs for the 11 years I owned the car so the Audi having problems was really scary. And I read on line that Audi owners really liked their cars but,they were expensive to fix. So I traded it after 6 months and bought another new Camary that I haven't had any problems with.
  • bearslapperbearslapper Member Posts: 2
    A word from a wise old driver about german automobiles. Unless you have pockets as deep as the Grand Canyon......stay away from them. Especially if they are out of warranty.

German vehicles will eat your lunch. Germans love to tinker with their automobiles. The more problems, the better they like it. We Americans do not like to tinker with our daily drivers that we depend on.

If your going to buy a German made automobile, you might be better off leasing the damn things. Get a new one every two to three years. All under warranty. Their problems. Not yours!
    edited April 2011
    Get real! You traded an A4 for a Camry because you worried it might have future repairs? You clearly are not the target customer for an Audi. You can ask several of my friends how reliable their Toyotas are. My A4 has not had much more in repairs over the past 160,000 miles than their cars.

Of course an expensive luxury European car might cost more to repair, that is not the point, anymore than a beautiful girl friend might cost more to maintain and keep happy than a dumpy frumpy girl.

A German car is lot like a trophy wife (or GF) - an awesome creature with an attraction unlike any other. But once you move in together, you find there are some less pretty stuff that she never advertised. She can just shut down on the side of the road, and remind you there's nothing you can do about it. And you'll hate her for a few days as she unloads your wallet. But once she comes back all dressed up and cute again, purring like normal, you fall in love all over again, pledging your undying love to the end. And guess what, some of us think it is worth it.
    That's a great reply, I have a 2000 corvette I feel the same way about, no matter how hard it is to work on, I still love the way she looks and drives.Getting back to the Audi, this was my wife's car and she gets really mad if she breaks down and I'm at hunting camp with no phone reception(intensional). So the Camary V-6 XLE made her happy, enough said. Regards.
  • audiluckaudiluck Member Posts: 1
    I totally agree with you, I have a 2000 Audi A4 which I purchased in 04 V6 non quattro. after a 3 month the vehicle started to over heat. brought it to a shop and they told me that the water pump needed to be changed plus some module that cost 200 bucks. so in the process of changing the water pump they ask me if I would like to change the timing belt one time. also the Heater core was leaking so they just bypassed it for me since I live in Florida. to change the heater core they want 2000 dollars to do the job. next the valve cover was leaking, that was going to cost another 1500 dollars because the Chilton book says that the job is a ten hour job when it only takes them 2 hours at the most to do it. I have completely replaced my suspension uppers and lower control arms Struts sway bar links, Tie Rod ends, countless Alignments they still cant seem to get it right. Oh and I replaced the Transmission with another used Transmission. Replaced 2 front window regulators, the material on the roof started to hang down. I fixed it myself. the LCD screen on the dash when bad also the radio LCD is bad. replace 2 wheel sensors, I still have a bad Catalytic converters acutally both of them, and O2 sensors still need to change but we dont have emission testing in Florida so I will not change them. plus they are like buying platinum. after 7 years you can see that I still dont know when to quit. I must be f*$king stupid to keep the car so long or I am in love with a beautiful [non-permissible content removed] that keeps wanting money thrown at her. Well I am in the market for a new car now but I can tell you one thing, it will NOT be and Audi.
  • anithaanitha Member Posts: 15
    So, my A4, which I enjoy very much, started to burn excess oil in the last six months ("Add 1 quart" message every 1200 miles). Took it to the dealer, and Audi's recommendation was, install a new engine (due to pitting). I am getting a new 2012 engine. I can't decipher if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Any thoughts?

Aside from this, the only other major problem I have had was with the water pump. It was replaced. Other minor issues were, door sensors failing one by one, which were all replaced promptly.

I am wondering, after I get my car back, should I trade it for a new one, or keep until warranty expires. I will probably get a S5 or A7.

It is EXTREMLY IRRITATING that, Audi hasn't addressed the reliability issue. On the other hand, all makes seem to have such problems (BMW/MB/Infiniti etc), though to a lesser extent.

Any one else have similar problems?

Any feedback/advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
  • spervezspervez Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Audi a 4 quattro,I bought it three years ago with 90,000 miles,it now has 125,000 miles.First the a/c compressor went,bought it on the internet for 35 dollars and my son put it on,it chills pretty good.Then the timing chain snapped which broke every thing else in the engine,so I had to buy a remanufactured engine to put in because I really liked this car,after a few months the gear would not shift to 3rd or 4th,I bought a new transmission computer but it did not do the job,so I had to put in a remanufactured transmission .The car is a pithole,I am lucky that my son does most of the work except the transmission job which I had done professionally.I have sunk enough money into this car that I could have bought a used toyota or honda.I still love the car and german engineering but I think Audi stinks.
    Thanks for telling about your experience. Two questions: First, where did you find an A/C compressor for $35? Was it new or used? Second, how much did the remanufactured engine cost?
  • gblessinggblessing Member Posts: 1
    My experience with my 2009 A4 S-Line has not been great. With less than 28000 miles, I've had three warranty repairs. After the first year, the engine cooling fans replaced because the bearings where going out, this past spring all the door sensors for the key-less entry were replaced and this past weekend, the alternator failed and left me stranded on the highway with a dead battery on a Sunday afternoon. I spend a night in a hotel and missed a day of work. Needless to say, it will be gone before the end of the warranty.
  • nancytwo8snancytwo8s Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 A4 2.0L Turbo with 72,000 miles. I am concerned that I have to ad oil between changes. I found three recall issues for this car, after being told by an Audi dealer there were none.
    Ignition coil - inspection or replacement. Action 28F2/J1 02-2010
    Crankcase Ventilation Valve/DTC's. #170903 01-20-2009
    Fuel Pressure Senor. #24M4 10-22-2010

This week I have experienced "transmission failure". I wish we could really know when the mechanic is being truthful. After a lot of research, I now doubt that I needed to rebuild the transmission. It may have been the result of a failed "range sensor". I was out of town, so I didn't have the ability to wait and see. Started off with a dead battery. Coincidence but, seemed to start the ball rolling. Still suffered hard starts, AutoZone checked it out and decided my alternator was also bad. So I bought it from them and they referred me to a Mechanic down the street. Remember I was traveling. My gear indicator lights started to flash a few days prior but after the intitial battery replacement, the car may have been a little sluggish on take off but not too noticeable. I thought perhaps the battery being dead, something needed to reset.
    The mechanic put the new alternator in, checked the codes for the transmission, inconclusive... Said he checked the trans fluid, actually drained about 4 tbl spoons out, said it was fine & added a quart. I was good to go. About 100 miles later pulled in to a parking lot, the RPM's dropped, then jumped I thought it was going to die. Never had that happen before. Gear indicator lights started flashing again, but I got back to where I was staying. Thinking I really had a problem, got up the next morning started the car everything was fine,no lights, ran great, a little low on gas I drove it around until I could fill it up. It seemed fine, I even washed it, no problems. Around 10 pm ran to the store, while parking I put it in reverse & nothing, just nuetral. indicator lights flashing, RPM's up & down. I couldn't believe it. I changed gears repeatedly couldn't get reverse. Next morning knowing an AAMCO shop was nearby, drove it over.. it went into reverse now, but no Backup lights came on. He checked it out, said they had to pull the transmission, it's a sealed unit Ma'am.. called me later and said there was metal everywhere.. I had a bearing failure. I am concerned, that because it was intermitent and AAMCO has taken 2 extra days so far, because they are waiting for the "range sensor" from Audi.. That I may have been dupped. Reading about range sensors, it sounds like that may have been it from the beginning. Should I have gone directly to Audi? Audi said they would not rebuild it, they would have put a new one in for $7,100. out the door. AAMCO gave me 3 options, from $5,800 to $7,700 depending on how I wanted to sleep at night, they said. This is my first repairs out of warranty, but it's major.
  • blacknyavantblacknyavant Member Posts: 1
    Hi Anitha,

i am having a similar issue. what has your progress been? thanks
  • vw_ridervw_rider Member Posts: 18
    Hi All,
    About to purchase my first Audi here - 2010 A4 CVT Premium with 17000 miles CPO for $28,500. Forgive me if this has been answered before, but what is the verdict on the CVT issues? I am really concerned about these things now. My other alternative is an Acura.
    I test drove the car and it seems fine, but will be driving it again this Friday. Can someone provide me with a set of steps I need to carry out to check for CVT problems (like changing gears a certain way)?
    Really really appreciate any help. I really like the Audi but don't want it to turn into a nightmare. Also, are the 2011s any better?
    thanks
    CB
    There is not a lot of activity on this forum. I suggest you also check on www.audiforums.com
    I haven't had any experience with the CVT but I had an 06 A4 turbo Quatro and it was really fast and responsive (like my c-5 Corvette) but it broke down 2 times in less than 6 months(lucky it was under warranty) the coils kept burning out. But you gotta remember its made by Volkswagon. Get the Acura alot better track record. Regards sc
  • pirateaj86pirateaj86 Member Posts: 2
    So tired of everyone bad mouthing audi's. I've known audi's to get to 300k, same with toyota's, honda's, ford's, chevy's, vw's, and every other car. the fact is, if you take care of your car, do all the scheduled maintenance like it was clock work, don't drive it like it was stolen, then any car is going to treat you right. Yes audi does has some issues, but so does every other car. One main issue on the audi a4 1.8, is the timing belt. i recommend changing it at around 80k. I currently drive an 03 audi a4. I've done all the scheduled maintenance on it, and it's at 170k. I've probably put about $2k into the motor, but that includes oil, filters, plugs, etc... I've had to change the started once, and the timing belt. If you are mechanically inclined, or know how to follow step by step instructions, then audi's aren't even that expensive to fix. order parts online or go to a local mom and pop parts store. Or start hanging out with a mechanic that has a business account with a parts store and get your parts at cost. that's what i do. Enjoy your audi, take care of it and it will take care of you. don't be afraid of minor issues. and even some of the major issues that you may have are not that major. Timing was easy to change. the entire front end comes apart pretty simply, so it's easy to get to. most pre 04 ignition coil packs have the recall, so it they go out audi will replace them for free.
  • pirateaj86pirateaj86 Member Posts: 2
    my 2003 audi has 170,000 miles on it. same motor as the one you are looking at. i would recommend getting a vehical maintenance history on the car. if the timing belt has not been replaced i recommend doing that soon. other than that, don't drive it like it's a race car, and do all the recommended scheduled maintenance. it should last you another 150k if not more
  • surfsup4usurfsup4u Member Posts: 2
    new to this forum, i owned a a3 3.2 and had lambda sensors all replaced, and then was told i needed a new ECU at a cost of something like 2000GBP..this was in the same visit to Audi where they installed the 4 lambda sensors.! I complained and asked why they changed the sensors if it didnt solve the problem. the answer.. the diagnostic computer told them they were not working. anyway the same issue with warning lights on dash still was there. so i walked around the back of the audi dealer, went into the workshop and had a look at the ECU that they had removed. the gold contacts were all dusty and dirty. they asked me to leave the workshop as insurance bla bla bla..i suggested they clean the gold contact with a soft toohbrush and then try before installing a new one. they told me the audi service book does not allow them to do this.
    so i took my ecu and asked them for a tooth brush ~(which they had) i was nto allowed to clean the contacts in the workshop, so i walked into the street ... brushed gently on the contacts with ED40 until clean. then went back to the workshop and asked them to plug the ECU in. Everything worked and the car ran perfectly. these 3.2s are excellent fun but i am nit sure i would buy one again. i am very tempted but after reading about the issues you are all having and the ones i had with audi, i think there are better cars out there ... unfortunately they are all from Japan.
    "...unfortunately they are all from Japan."

Why is that unfortunate?
  • surfsup4usurfsup4u Member Posts: 2
    your right... i guess its not unfortunate :) , its just a shame as i love the look and feel of the 3.2 but its just so unreliably and expensive to live with. someone wrote that if you dont drive like your a racing driver then its fine, but this is the point of the car.. to use it as it was designed, (within the law of course) what [non-permissible content removed] car doyou think comes close to the a3 3.2 ? and no not a subaru..but i guess they are pretty nice..and reliable.
    "Close" is quite arbitrary, but the Acura TL comes to mind. The Infiniti G37 sedan is rear wheel drive, but competes in the same segment as the A-4.

We have a '99 TL with 135,000 miles and a '07 A-4 2.0T Quattro with 59,000 in our household, so they're not comparable with the new ones. Both drive very well, but judging from our experience to date, the TL costs less, in terms of maintenance and repairs. It's probably not enough of a difference to prevent me from buying another Audi in the future, if the Audi drives better and looks better. My wife and I drive older cars because we're not fans of the new ones in the "near-luxury" segment.

Sorry I'm not of much help.
  • painter33painter33 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 A4 2.8L quattro and it's been a champ. Bought in 2004 as a former lease car and have had almost no problems with it. One cat went, but my shop is not into gouging, so it wasn't a killer bill. I've had the timing belt done once at 90 K (now 135K), and change the oil every 3K. I bought tires once and two sets of wiper blades. I've changed the air filter once myself an dwill do the cabin filter when spring comes, just to ensure it's clean and fully functioning. Had to charge the A/C unit once. Are you getting the picture here? The only thing I'd change is the thigh bolsters and the heated seat cushion on the driver's seat, which have gotten a bit compressed and soft. That's all, folks. I do feel for you with problems, but all of my cars have been great - from the '62 Beetle through other Beetles, a Ghia, Rabbits, Type lll, a VW Fox, ">link titleone Accord (?), a '94 100, '97 A6, and this A4. I've been very very lucky buying used cars that I am careful about inspecting before laying out cash.
    edited February 2013
    It's remarkable that all of those cars, without exception, have been "great." You have indeed been lucky, if you're also referring to reliability, because some of the models you mentioned (the Audi 100, for example) have a reputation for being problematic.

Approximately, what was the mileage on the Rabbits, Fox, '94 Audi 100 and '97 A6 when you bought them and sold them?
  • love2fly1love2fly1 Member Posts: 1
    This post may be a bit premature but I own a 2007 A4 2.0T quattro and aside from replacing the thermostat housing and buying new tires more often than anyone should have to, I love this car. I may have gotten lucky and gotten a well built car, apparently there are some lemons out there... by the way my A4 has 131,000 miles on it and is still going strong. I do have an issue with the backs of the seats wanting to come off but I fixed that permanently... lol Yeah she has some serious turbo lag even with 6speed man tranny but once this car warms up its pure nirvana to drive. The faster the more smoothly it seems...Maybe i'm one of the lucky ones but this car has been good to me and never left me stranded... Just thought i'd share my experience....