Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi News

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    I just saw on Edmunds Inside Line that they are coming out with a Lancer Raliart for 2009. All wheel drive, 230hp. Very tempting... :shades:

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• mikevegas06mikevegas06 Member Posts: 272
    Wonder if it's gonna be a manual only? I would think that Mitsu will offer an automatic transmission in order to widen market appeal. The Lancer certainly looks better than the Impreza, IMO. I've tried to like the look of the Subie, but it just doesn't work for me.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    have ever liked have been the micro-car Justy and their Legacy Turbo sedan, their larger size sedan of late. A little over a year ago a workmate tried to sell me her Legacy Turbo sedan. She was trying to sell it and I had mentioned that it was a nice looking rig. Guess what she wanted for it?

$32,000! I think she had 49,000 miles on it, a 2005 model, automatic transmission. Umm...two points here, girl.

1) I like smaller cars for actual purchase
    2) That car is overpriced!

It was done in a nice shade of blue, a dark blue. I'm sure it would be a nice car but it's just too much car for too high a price and I love smaller cars.

Yeah, the new Mitsubishi Lancer Raliart for 2009 is going to be popular with AWD and 230hp. For those that have heard that the new '08 Lancer's 152hp and 146 ft-lb torque to the wheels is kind of on the low side this new Raliart Lancer will appeal to them. Very cool times for Mitsubishi now and they made it too easy for me to buy this '08 Lancer GTS. It looks awesome but it's also engineered very, very tight and competently. Remember that racing heritage they have going for them.

Yesterday I saw a commercial that I think I've only seen one other time about the Mitsubishi Eclipse. It has a young couple speeding along in their Sunburst Orange Eclipse. They stop and press towards each other very provocatively...then she squeezes past him in to the driver's seat to drive. The idea being that it would be more exciting for her to drive the new Eclipse than to smooch with her honey. I know...but the shots of the Eclipse are very cool.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

"...more exciting for her to drive..."

If I had that choice; make out with a beautiful girl or drive a car, I'd park that sucker real fast.

I wonder if the point they are trying to make is that the Eclipse is a "chick" car? All the gearheads are saying that. Maybe the Eclipse in the commercial was a GS not a GT. The GT of course is a "man's" car driven only by pro football players and pirates.

I guess next time I go car shopping I'll have to bring along my testosterone meter. ;)

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

that reaches out to either sex, though. I'm just going by that overall racing coupe look it has. I mean, yes, the Mazda Miata has been referred to as a chick-mobile as has the new world order VW Beetle. Those designations are not that far off. But the Eclipse has a testosterone-ish drive to it those two don't have. I don't think Mitsu was trying to convey that the Eclipse is a chick car but just that it's a car that is so fun to drive that one might just be tempted to pass on a pastime that is truly thrilling...like making out with a beatiful girl.

Or, since he was driving, the idea is from the girl's perpective. That might make it look like Mitsubishi is trying to say the Eclipse is a chick's car as well as a man's car. At the end the viewer is intent on wanting to find out what the appeal is all about.

OK, enough mind-reading. Let's drive! ;)

Edmunds Inside Line has a story about how Mitsu may replace the Lancer with a car called Galant-Fortis. I think someone here mentioned that name about a month ago. Any thoughts on this? I thought Lancer was doing well in it's present form.

BTW, in the last line of the article the author just had to get a dig in by saying "A lancer by any other name is still boring". They just can't quit can they?

"They just can't quit can they"
    Yep. I was surprised by Edmunds. They've been pretty fair across the board, but that comment seemed way out of line. I guess the author forgot that no Mitsu means no Evolution.
  • stevecebustevecebu Member Posts: 493
    Yep. I was surprised by Edmunds. They've been pretty fair across the board, but that comment seemed way out of line. I guess the author forgot that no Mitsu means no Evolution.

Are you sure they aren't talking about a platform change?
    The EVO is hardly the same platform from way back when it started. I believe the new Galant will be the new Platform for the EVO. They will of course call it a Lancer but it's underpinning will be from a Galant. If this is the case it's no big deal since Mitsu has been doing this for quite a few models now.
  • 1racefan1racefan Member Posts: 932
    "I believe the new Galant will be the new Platform for the EVO."

I don't think so, and here's why. It was stated that the platform for the new, '08 Lancer has 18% more rigidity than the platform of the EVO IX (the previous generation Lancer EVO). I have to believe that in order to cut some costs, Mitsubishi went ahead and designed a platform for the new Lancer that would be suitable to build the EVO X on. This way, when they get ready to build the EVO X, they don't have to engineer a new platform - they can use the one they are already using on the '08 Lancer, and use a lot of the same manufacturing lines and workers to build both regular, and EVO models.

Plus, them having already built a stronger platform for the regular Lancers will also help add value to them as well. The "tuner crowd", that may not be able to afford an EVO, may see that the regular Lancer has a platform that they can build upon (that will sustain a lot of suspension and power modifications), and opt to buy one of these versus a Civic. Disclaimer: I have not seen any data as to how much more rigid the '08 Lancer's platform may or may not be then that of the Civic.

Regarding the name change - I don't see it. The '08 Lancer is getting a bit of praise in the media for its good looks. Plus, I think the Lancer has made a bit of a name for itself here in the states - if for no other reason, just being due to the EVO. The Galant isn't exactly a smashing success, so I don't see where Mitsubishi calling the Lancer, the Galant Fortis would do them any good here in the US. Just my opinion, but we'll see. Besides, one thing that makes no sense about that Inside Line article is that it starts out as follows:

"TOKYO — Mitsubishi Motors has introduced the oddly named Galant Fortis sedan in the home market. Americans will see the same car shortly as a replacement for the Lancer compact."

What do they mean by 'Americans will see the same car shortly"? America already got this SAME car in April of this year, and it's been on sale since then, and is called the '08 Mitsubishi Lancer. It's almost like this article is 6 months late. Go to www.mitsubishicars.com, and look at the '08 Lancer, and see for yourselves - it's the same car as in the pictures of the Inside Line article.
    why mess with success? There's no change in sight for the current Lancer and the EVO to be built upon the same platform. Silliness was speaking. From somewhere, anyway.

Let me look around for some more data on this on the net.

I would like fro someone from Edmunds (host?) to comment about the inconsistency I noted in my post above, that being:

"TOKYO — Mitsubishi Motors has introduced the oddly named Galant Fortis sedan in the home market. Americans will see the same car shortly as a replacement for the Lancer compact."

When clearly, this same car has been for sale here in the US since April of this year, going by the name Lancer. Is this article in fact, 6 months late??? What do they mean by, "Americans will see the same car shortly" ???

I have a hard time believing Mitsubishi is changing the name from Lancer to Galant Fortis, after having already launced the car here in the US, and having been calling it the '08 Lancer, since April. If a manufacturer is going to do a name change, most of the time it is done at the point that the new design is introduced, not after having already introduced the car.

What do they mean by 'Americans will see the same car shortly"? America already got this SAME car in April of this year, and it's been on sale since then, and is called the '08 Mitsubishi Lancer. It's almost like this article is 6 months late. Go to www.mitsubishicars.com, and look at the '08 Lancer, and see for yourselves - it's the same car as in the pictures of the Inside Line article.

Uh, that's pretty much what I said when you go back and check. They use different names in Japan the Galant Fortis is something else but the platform is called the Lancer in the US. I read an article on it and it was all about the new Lancer being built on the Galant Chassis or something similar to that. So the new lancer is effectively something like our new Lancer.
    "Uh, that's pretty much what I said when you go back and check."

I re read your original message, and I think my confusion came from you simply referring to the car as a Galant, instead of Galant Fortis. I interpreted your message as meaning when the new Galant eventually comes out (referring to the larger Galant), the platorm would be adapted, and used on the EVO.
    So what are you guys saying? Is the Galant-Fortis just another name for the EXISTING 08' Lancer? Is it a DIFFERENT platform that will replace the current 08' Lancer platform? Does it have anything to do with the CURRENT car we call Galant in the US(which I assume is a larger car)?

And finally, did the Edmunds author of that story have his head up his butt or was he just smoking crack? :mad:

• psychogunpsychogun Member Posts: 129
    Yes, Galant Fortis is just the Japan-market name for the Lancer.
    It is based on the GS platform (just like the Lancer and Outlander).
    There is NO association with the U.S.-built Galant (which is based on the PS platform shared with the Eclipse and Endeavor).
    The rumor floating around is that there will be a stretched version of the GS platform that will underpin the next-generation Galant sometime in 2010 or 2011.

I'd have to agree that the article was very poorly researched and equally badly written. The comment at the end only added insult to injury.

Note to Edmunds: I'm looking for a job and will likely perform a lot better than the person responsible for the "Galant Fortis" article... :P
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's the link to the news story for those searching for the comment:

Unveiled: Mitsubishi Galant Fortis

To become an Inside Line editor, you should have entered the Inside Line's Frankfurt Auto Show contest last week. :P

Check back in a week to see who will be sharing their experiences and observations with the IL audience through blog entries on Straightline.
  • psychogunpsychogun Member Posts: 129
    D'oh! :D

I would have loved to enter the contest, but I just made a major career move... No way I can take time off... :cry:
    So what are you guys saying? Is the Galant-Fortis just another name for the EXISTING 08' Lancer? Is it a DIFFERENT platform that will replace the current 08' Lancer platform? Does it have anything to do with the CURRENT car we call Galant in the US(which I assume is a larger car)?

The EVO evolves through many methods and in this case they wanted a bigger stronger car, so they used the Galant Fortis Chassis for the Lancer. You know how GM or other makers for that matter will use 1 platform for several cars? Well the Lancer uses a Galant underneath instead of whatever it was in the last generation which was based on something else.
    The 2008 Lancer as you see it will not change until they redesign the car in a few years.
    The Galant Fortis is in some ways the basis for the current Lancer, but it has parts unique to the Lancer itself.
    So no name changes to the Lancer or anything. It was just an article that wasn't very clear.
    Mitsubishi Has Its Best August Sales In Four Years, Up 19 Percent

September 4, 2007 -- CYPRESS, Calif. --
    Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) today reported August sales of 13,020 units, up 19 % from last year's August volume of 10,954. Calendar year-to-date sales are 93,724 up 17% compared to last year's first-eight-months total.

Sales of the fuel efficient 2008 Lancer sedan and the Outlander crossover sport utility continue to lead the way:

Lancer sales were 2,830 units, up 58% from last year's volume; and up 90% from last year's CYTD volume.
    Outlander closed at 1,908 units, up 162% from last year's volume; and up 174% from last year's CYTD volume.
    Galant sales were 3,873 units, up 99% from last year's volume.
    Raider sales were 1,469, up 77% from last year's volume.
    This was Mitsubishi's best August sales month in four years.
    Mitsubishi's first eight months of 2007 are also the highest January-August sales in four years.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2007090446280&mime=ASC
    And Eclipse's sales were...? :confuse:

Mitsu is comparing 2007 with 2006 which was one of it's worst years. In 2006 they sold about 118K vehicles vs. about 123K in 2005.

BTW, if I add up all the figures you stated I get 10080. Subtract that from total sales of 13020 and you get 2940. That should be the Eclipse figure. That is lower than the 3300 monthly average. Maybe that's why it was left out.

You've cut right through the marketing B.S. I think that most companies try to put a positive on any type of sales data. As usual, the coupe market is a tough one. I'm sure the new Accord Coupe will do fine but I wonder how well the sales numbers will be for the Altima Coupe next year at this time. The Altima Coupe is just so bland to me. But, then again, I thought the Honda Element and Scion xB were gonna be flops... ;)
  • elgatolocoelgatoloco Member Posts: 92
    Here's some positive spin that probably is NOT marketing B.S.

According to Autoblog.com Mitsubishi has temporarily run out of the GTS Lancer model in North America. According to their media team the head office assumed that the majority of the sales would be the ES model and underestimated the appeal of paddle shifters (and everything else that makes up the GTS) That, plus the tireless efforts of iluvmysephia, have created a shortage of the GTS until November at least. Actually they attribute it to the recent entry by the GTS in the Russian and Asian markets also.

At first glance it seems gimmicky but after thinking about it for a minute there is no way that Mitsubishi is going to create a shortage at this point in time so I am sure they are going to ramp up GTS production ASAP.

While this may be good news for Mitsubishi propoganda wise, it will surely wind up costing them a lot of sales in the next 3 months since turning an ES into a GTS involves a lot more than slapping on a set of 18 inchers and a logo. However...good news for anyone considering buying a Lancer ES model. Simply go to your local Mitsu dealer and insist on a new GTS model. Pout a lot and sniffle occasionally, you might get a helluva deal on that ES.
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    Simply go to your local Mitsu dealer

There in lies the problem. Iluv had me convinced to check out the mew Lancer but when I put my zip code in to Mitsubishis dealer locator. I get no dealer available in my area, just outside of Philadelphia.

Mitsubishi appears to be putting out a good product again, now they just have to get their dealer network back up. I know I had 2 dealers within 15 miles of me 2 years ago. I wonder if they got burned by Mitsubishi some how?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    We got GTSs in California. Come fly out and I'll steer you to a good deal (no, I'm not making any $$$ on this :P ). But it's a long drive home unfortunately, or you could sled it home.
    "...the tireless efforts of iluvmysephia..."

Perhaps he should put in for a commission. They could turn it into a media event: "Meet the man who saved Mitsu!" ;)

Seriously,I'm glad Mitsu is seeing improvement. If they can beat the 2005 sales figures I think they will be on much better footing.

On most of these boards you still hear negative comments about Mitsubishi quality but more and more articles written by people WHO HAVE ACTUALLY DRIVEN ONE say quality is way up.

It will take some time before reality overtakes the "common wisdom".

• gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    I would not mint the cross country jaunt the first time, but the trips out for maintenance will kill me.
    HUH? :confuse:

Recent Edmunds Inside Line article ranked Outlander forth out of four crossover SUVs. Toyota was first (why doesn't that surprise me).

What do you think, shall we all bow down and worship Toyota? Or is this just more Mitsu bashing?

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Toyota has a lot more corporate horsepower than Mitsu. They can offer a bewildering array of new models each year or second year, they can correct errors in styling and engineering, and they can pour in advertising dollars. Between Scion and Toyota and Lexus, this company can sell anything to anybody.
    I googled "Mitsubishi Eclipse Rentals" for an upcoming trip and among the selections was a video called "Eclipse Rental Goes Off-Road" or something to that effect.

It was a U-Tube video by two knuckle-heads that took an Eclipse rental out under some power lines and trashed it. They were spinning it, jumping over dunes and generally beating the crap out of it. They finally finished by smashing in the front end. Despite all this horror, the video ends with them driving it away. :cry:

Nice to see that the car could take such abuse and keep running. I'd never buy one used from a rental company though. :sick:

Just read Edmunds article on the EVO X and it looks gooooood.

295hp with 300ft/lbs of torque and...get this...an automatic transmission! What's going on? They call it a "double clutch". I thought all the boy racers would barf at the mention of an auto tranny in their EVO.

The rest sounds good, AWD with some sort of computer traction control.

Edmunds didn't say how much it costs. I bet about 35K.

one could really throw in to turns and the little racebox would hold and ask to be pushed some more.

Should run around $34,995 or thereabouts. Can't wait to see one but me Lancer GTS for '08 is not exactly the same thing as the EVO X but a nice likeness, uh-huh.

• tiff_ctiff_c Member Posts: 531
    295hp with 300ft/lbs of torque and...get this...an automatic transmission! What's going on? They call it a "double clutch". I thought all the boy racers would barf at the mention of an auto tranny in their EVO.

They also will offer a 5 spd and I think that would be the one to get. The paddle shifters are better on the track but for a daily driver I don't think you'd really need or want them, I sure wouldn't. The car seems to have moved away from the Rally aspect but will probably make a far better street car, and will sell a lot more so I can understand that. It was tested with the traction control on, so no idea how it will go around the bends with it off.
    It looks like a winner, I was hoping for a 6 spd manual but I think those days are gone.
    The EVO MR auto-clutch model will probably be closer to $38-39K since estimated price is 2K above the 2006 model. The EVO X 5 spd will probably be $35K.
    The shootout between the Subaru STi and the EVO X will be what I am waiting for.
    "...I was hoping for a six speed..."

Would you really need the extra gear with that much power? I know they say that the Eclipse with 32 less hp and probably 500 pounds more weight doesn't need more than 5 speeds on the manual.

What's your take? Does a high powered car need 6 speeds or is it just for the fun?

Would you really need the extra gear with that much power? I know they say that the Eclipse with 32 less hp and probably 500 pounds more weight doesn't need more than 5 speeds on the manual.

What's your take? Does a high powered car need 6 speeds or is it just for the fun?

Well I think they need a higher gear for highway cruising, I mean it's all great once you are playing but when you want to sit back set the cruise at 80mph or so and relax you really want the extra economy an overdrive gear would give you. Power in the lower 5 is good but that 6th gear can really improve fuel economy that's how the Vette gets away with 400+HP because of tall gearing.
    A friend had a 6 speed in his Miata and it was a close ratio so I didn't see the point except to row an extra gear. My older Miata had a 5 spd, but a tall 6th would have been ideal on long highway trips. I will consider giving up my Scooby, it's been a great car but the miles are very high and I don't want to do another timing belt. The Mazdaspeed 3 has 6 cogs and it's probably the only car out there that can compete with the WRX at the moment. Plus my wife likes it and it's pretty cheap for the S wagon, I don't need the GT version.
    The STi is too expensive, my wife would not want me shelling out an extra $10K for it. The new WRX doesn't appeal to me but I will probably test drive one anyway. I just don't care for the new one. I'm no fan of FWD but....
    Anyway 6 speeds work for me but only if they increase your economy on the highway.
    I'd never get the EVO with the auto clutch, I like to shift and I don't want to think how expensive that new unit will be to fix if it breaks. Too bad the Ralliart is coming out so late but $30K in this economy is pushing it for me.
    "...Well I think they need a higher gear for highway crusing..."

Yea, I never thought of that. Now that you mention it I remember reading that the Eclipse does 134mph in 5th @ 6000rpm but only takes 4500rpm in 6th to do the same speed.

Maybe the Mitsu guys thought an EVO buyer wouldn't care about gas milage.

Yea, I never thought of that. Now that you mention it I remember reading that the Eclipse does 134mph in 5th 6000rpm but only takes 4500rpm in 6th to do the same speed.
    Maybe the Mitsu guys thought an EVO buyer wouldn't care about gas mileage.

I can't say but since I have to work for a living paying out on fuel is a big concern for me. Considering I drive 2.5 times more than is normal it's an even bigger factor, but I still want a good car to drive and all weather capability. Gas I use for work related is 100% covered by the company. I get so much per mile to cover that and I have no complaints. But I'd complain if the car got 14mpg or something. No idea if Mitsu has tall gears or not but I doubt it. I'd think they'd go for performance and the EVO X
    will probably be a great car with poor fuel economy. The extra cog might be in that fancy auto gear box they have. I prefer to stir my own gears and it's a shame they require you to get the slushbox with all the other good stuff. The new STi might be nice but the money is really up there. I'm trying to talk my wife into it as a possibility but not much chance of that as she wants a new car herself.
    Fuel economy is going to become a big factor as gas reaches $4 or more a gallon. :sick:
    If you can wait a year after the Evo X is offically launched here, in the US, Mitsu will more than likely offer more iterations of it. The previous Evo ultimaltely was offered in a 5sp MT, 6sp MT, and a 6sp MT luxury trim. I think the actual trim levels were IIIV, RS, and MR with fuel mileage ranging from high 18s to low 20s. Let us know what you decide to buy.
    If you can wait a year after the EVO X is officially launched here, in the US, Mitsu will more than likely offer more iterations of it. The previous EVO ultimately was offered in a 5sp MT, 6sp MT, and a 6sp MT luxury trim. I think the actual trim levels were IIIV, RS, and MR with fuel mileage ranging from high 18s to low 20s. Let us know what you decide to buy.

Thanks Mike, the thing is my Rex is nearing 190K and it's at that iffy how long until something breaks, point. So far very reliable but a timing belt service is coming due as well. My wife doesn't think it's worth doing another 100k service because of the miles and I think she's right. I drive a lot for my work and I really need AWD. The EVO won't be out until well after I have to get something. For AWD I could get a Suzuki SX4 to last me but resale is horrible and the seats are very uncomfortable in them.
    Decisions, decisions.... :confuse:
    A recent article at thecarconnection.com got me to thinking about Mitsu's product mix again.

If only a business case could be made for greater variety in the US line up...
    The Endeavor is a nice vehicle and all but I think it needs to be dropped. The Outlander "outdoes" the Endeavor. Drop the Raider.
    Keep the Eclipse and Spyder, Outlander, Lancer (Evo included, of course)
    Reintroduce the Montero (it's sold and heralded everywhere in the world except here. thanks consumer reports) and the Diamante (see article below)
    Introduce their subcompact (named the colt in most parts of the world).
    Not sure what else can be produced at the Normal plant though. Maybe the Lancer, since demand is higher than anticipated? Maybe BMW has plans since they are pondering the introduction of a new brand? And, as has been speculated before, maybe Peugeot?

2007 Mitsubishi Concept ZT
    A Diamante replacement in the rough?

article

(the concept images were too big to post. sorry)

The Concept ZT sports the dimensions of a big front-drive sedan, like the old Diamante did, before it was retired after the 2003 model year. The Concept ZT's overall length is just 0.5 inches shorter than the '02 Diamante's, but its wheelbase is 3.7 inches longer, at 110.8 inches. Even the style of the four-door concept, conservative to a fault, is very reminiscent of the Diamante - although it's crafted on an aluminum space frame as a weight-saving measure.

Where the Concept ZT differs dramatically is under the hood, where a green-minded powertrain takes the place of a big V-6. The ZT uses a version of the newly developed Mitsubishi clean diesel engine, a 2.2-liter four-cylinder that's coupled to a "Twin Clutch SST" semi-manual transmission. The engine is good for 188 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque.

The drivetrain also uses Mitsubishi's new S-AWC all-wheel-drive system to apportion power to the wheels with the most traction. Anti-lock brakes and stability control are integrated into the system.

Technology stuffed into the ZT cabin includes a lane-departure warning system, all-around driving monitors, parking cameras, and a pop-up hood to improve pedestrian safety in case of an accident.
    I'm starting to see some 2008 Lancers on the road in my area and boy are they sharp looking. The front end is it's best feature, it does look like a shark. The sides are nice too. The back I'm kinda mixed about but it does look very Asian.

Over-all I can see why they are selling well.

• toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    They are sharp cars. I think they're one of the best looking small cars on the road, and uniquely styled.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
    Oh, OK. Good luck with everything. Looks like no matter what you decide to get, you'll make the right decision. :)
    Oh, OK. Good luck with everything. Looks like no matter what you decide to get, you'll make the right decision.

Thanks, I sure hope so, it's much tougher this time around as my Rex is just not doing as well as i'd like, but it should last a few more months. I certainly got my money's worth out of it. I've heard the 2007 STi's are on sale all over so I might look at them as a possibility. Plus I think all my extra rims will fit it. Although it's hard to say as they are still expensive cars.
    Mitsubishi September 2007 Sales Up 17.6 Percent; Best September Since 2003

CYPRESS, Calif., Oct. 2, 2007 -- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) today reported September sales of 12,102 units, up 17.6 % from last year's September volume of 10,287. Calendar year-to-date sales are 105,826 up 17.4% compared to last year's first-nine-months total.

Sales of the fuel efficient 2008 Lancer sedan and the Outlander crossover sport utility continue to lead the way:

-- Lancer sales were 2,372 units, up 9.4% from last September's volume;
    and up 77% from last year's CYTD volume.
    -- Outlander closed at 1,624 units, up 148% from last year's volume; and
    up 172% from last year's CYTD volume.
    -- Galant sales were 2,683 units, up 34.4% from last year's volume, and up
    2.8 percent CYTD.
    -- This was Mitsubishi's best September sales month, since 2003.
    -- Mitsubishi's third quarter (July through September) was also the
    highest third quarter of sales since 2003.

theautochannel.com
    Keep the great news coming, Mitsu! I am loving my '08 Lancer GTS and would heartily recommend the small, hot looking sedan to anyone wanting a great value and a unique, good-looking sabre-cat jet front end automobile.

Nice to see sales up year-over-year for Mitsubishi.

• jflorjflor Member Posts: 20
    Yes, Mitsubishi is on a roll that nothing but good news seem to come from the press lately. Sales of the new Outlander and Lancer has propelled Mitsubishi to become the fastest growing car company in Japan. The company has also confirmed that the next generation Colt will be designed for the global market which means that it will be definitely available here soon.
    "...highest third quarter of sales since 2003..."

That's excellent! Any sales figures on the rest of the line--Endeavor, Raider and Eclipse? The lines mentioned total about 6600 units. I'm wondering how the 5500 other units they sold breaks down.

There's an enligtening article posted by Michelle Krebes on Inside Line. It's an interview with the Mitsu Motors president.
    Click Here
    "...how the 5500 other units they sold breaks down..."

Maybe Pyschogun can provide that info. I'll email him.