Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Escape Sways side to side when braking suddenly

spg5782spg5782 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Ford
Hi,
I have a 06 XLT 4Dr 2.3 V6 Escape. I do a lot of freeway driving. Sometimes when I am driving at a constant speed, and then I see traffic ahead, I have to hit the the brakes. Everytime I hit the brakes hard, I start to veer left or right, doesn't matter which way I am steering towards. I never end up straight when I hit the brakes hard. I brought it to a Ford Dealership for my 45K checkup, and asked my tech to check up on it and he said he saw nothing wrong with it, and I really trust him. Since I brought it in, I haven't had to hit the brakes hard, but I'm scared if I have to, especially if it rains. Can anyone conclude why this is happening? thanks.

Comments

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    is totally bogus. an '06 with 45k? possible. 2.3 v6? not possible. 'a ford dealer', asking 'my tech'? nobody is going to believe this post. like they say 'thanks for playing'.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    That works out to something like 100 miles per day, 6 days a week - not entirely out of the question. But then it could also be a typo so there's no need to label anything bogus. It's possible spg meant the 4 cylinder 2.3 L (or the 6 cylinder 3.0 L) engine.

The issue was the "swaying." Let's stick to that.

tidester, host
  • Options
    i don't question you classic auto posts. maybe someone got sold a bill of goods that they bought a 2.3 v6, but i doubt it.
  • Options
    I bought the car in July of 06 (used). It was previously a rental car used by Enterprise. I bought it with 33K miles and I have to work 5 or 6 days a week and it's a 25 mile one way commute. And yes, when I got into the car today, it currently has 45,500. I can take a picture of my odometer and registration, and a copy of my Serramonte Ford Invoice, if you don't believe it. And, oops, sorry, it's an '06 Ford Escape XLT 3.O L V6. And yes, when I brought it to my Ford Dealership for maintanance work, I asked my Ford "mechanic" to take a look at my brakes because when I press hard on brakes, my car starts to veer to one side. I had my brakes inpected, no problems, ABS inspected, no problems and I had my wheel's ailgned. And I'm trying to see if there is something I might be overlooking or just don't know, that might be causing the problem.
  • Options
    thanks for explaining your post. sorry i was so skeptical, but kind of confused me.
    did you try over in the auto repair forum?
    escape-central dot com has a lot of info about escapes, too.
    i hope you can get it corrected.
  • Options
    not a problem, I know 45K is A LOT of miles, but you really just had to be there. Besides, I had no problems with it so far like my previous car, and I have an extended premium care warranty, so I don't have to worry about it.
    I'm going to check out that link, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.