Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Interior Condensation

rik576rik576 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I have a 2004 Camry LE which I love but now that einter is here, find that interior glass of the car (windshield, windows, rear windshield and moon roof) all seem to get excessive icing on the INSIDE of the car. Somehow moisture is getting into the car and I can't identify the source. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you fix it? Could it be that windshields/windows are not properly sealed causing moisture to get into the car? This even happens on cold dry weather.. very strange

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I've seen this on other cars, where there is a heating core leak (had this problem on an old vette of mine). Radiator fluid, which is normally hot and is passed thru the heating core (little radiator in your heating system), springs a leak depositing moisture into the car. You can usually smell this though, but check to make sure you aren't low in the radiator overflow tank and monitor it.

Else, I'd look for some window/trunk gasket not sealing correctly, or possibly a clogged drain in door window, or leaking moonroof. Somehow liquid is getting into the car.

Moisture is getting in
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Stop using the A/C during the winter months. The A/C evaporator becomes clogged, saturated, with moisture during the daytime and then that accumulated moisture evaporates into the car during the night, condenses and freezes on COLD surfaces.

Read about the EED, Electronic Evaporator Dryer, at airsept.com

It also helps tremendously to lower the windows slightly during the night in your garage.
  • gfsohiogfsohio Member Posts: 1
    I also was getting condensation on the windshield. I had a wet /soaked right rear floor in my 2004 XLE that I dried out once because I thought I left a window open. I then parked it outside for 3 days in the rain and the floor was wet again. It turned out that the sunroof drain tubes were blocked and the seam was leaking. Toyota resealed the seams, cleared the drain tubes and the floor has been dry ever since. This was covered by the 3 year warranty.
  • ochobochob Member Posts: 3
    I have strange cranking noice in the right front brake area on my Camry 95. When I make complete stop and releasing brake pedal to move, i hear strange cranking noise. What can cause this noise? Does somebody have experienced this? if yes how to fix it? Please help.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Let's continue this here, it's a better place: ochob, "Toyota Camry Brakes" #119, 6 Oct 2007 6:30 pm.
This discussion has been closed.